AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-21, 22:50   Link #1641
Random Wanderer

The thing with Chieri is that her character justifiably earned a victory there. She's gotten a lot of the spotlight, and her character is arguably the most complex among the trainees. I don't think it's fair to imply that she won just because she's voiced by Mayuyu.

I can't speak for the successor poll. I can't even find it when I glance through the official site.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 22:55   Link #1642
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
The thing with Chieri is that her character justifiably earned a victory there. She's gotten a lot of the spotlight, and her character is arguably the most complex among the trainees. I don't think it's fair to imply that she won just because she's voiced by Mayuyu.
Just because of that not, but there's no doubt some of Chieri's popularity comes from Mayuyu being the most popular AKB member involved in the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
I can't speak for the successor poll. I can't even find it when I glance through the official site.
The poll's on this site, in the "special" section:

http://festa.hangame.co.jp/shop2012/akb0048.nhn
Old 2012-06-21, 23:05   Link #1643
mochichan

The amount of votes is pretty small compare to the trainees..but then it's a new poll I guess.

Even if you search AKB fanart on Pixiv, Mayuyu have alot of them. Probably one of the highest ones and being an otaku really win her alot of anime fans too. I'm pretty sure her popularity have to do with it. Same with Acchan who hss been MIA since the series started. Tho now seeing her on the poll, pretty sure she's going to be making an appearance soon. Maybe that theory that AKB center were brainwashed by DES is true? lol
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 23:15   Link #1644
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Oh wait, so there's a voting poll thingie for the anime itself? So Chieri won the first one with all the understudies? (Whoohoo!) And now they're voting for anime successors of which Mayuyu is winning?

Well, can't say I'm too surprised at anime!Mayuyu's popularity, as she stands out more with what little she had to work with than others who have more screentime than her (probably only one out of the successors who has a good amount of moe elements going for her). But who knows? Maybe Acchan or Yuuko will beat her in the end.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 23:27   Link #1645
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
The poll Chieri won is already closed. She won, so that's that. But now there's a new poll for the actual members, and Mayuyu is winning for now. The final result could be different.
Is that 100% confirmed though? The pic that was posted here before wasn't final. Although it's an almost sure thing because of how big her lead was.
Old 2012-06-21, 23:37   Link #1646
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Is that 100% confirmed though? The pic that was posted here before wasn't final. Although it's an almost sure thing because of how big her lead was.
I saw the poll the same day it closed: June 16. I didn't take a grab that day so you have to take my word for it.

I do have a screen grab from June 14 which is almost the same as the final result though:

Spoiler for poll results (june 14):
Old 2012-06-21, 23:54   Link #1647
chaosprophet

Quote:
I saw the poll the same day it closed: June 16. I didn't take a grab that day so you have to take my word for it.

I do have a screen grab from June 14 which is almost the same as the final result though:

Spoiler for poll results (june 14):
I do take your word for it, I just didn't know you actually saw it there on the last day. Btw where do you check them? I would be interested in following the successors one close by :P
Old 2012-06-21, 23:59   Link #1648
Kazu-kun

Quote:
where do you check them? I would be interested in following the successors one close by :P
This site, in the "special" section:

Old 2012-06-22, 02:17   Link #1649
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
It was a small event but this year..it grew into some national sport event being covered by major TV stations like FujiTV, live streamed by Google, and have live commentators and english dubbers for foreign fans.
The televised coverage was watched by nearly 19% of Japanese television households!

AKB apparently also now has a variety show which runs at 1:00 am. It drew a 3.8 rating recently despite its timeslot. (Japan doesn't count DVR viewing in those figures either.) In contrast, late-night anime generally runs in the range of 1-3%, and figures below 1.0 are not uncommon.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 02:20   Link #1650
sa547
*Author

Quoted/translated from Tomomi Itano's blog (about her younger American cousins):
Quote:
“If my kids are cute like them, then my kids will be great no matter what~ ♥ Or they will be (hehe)”
Must be that she watched the show, too.
Old 2012-06-22, 04:12   Link #1651
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
The televised coverage was watched by nearly 19% of Japanese television households!

AKB apparently also now has a variety show which runs at 1:00 am. It drew a 3.8 rating recently despite its timeslot. (Japan doesn't count DVR viewing in those figures either.) In contrast, late-night anime generally runs in the range of 1-3%, and figures below 1.0 are not uncommon.
By late night variety show, do you mean AKBingo?

I'm not surprised Chieri won the poll, but those poll numbers are pretty tiny. She's the best character out of all the the girls really. I don't think the Mayuyu effect is really overly present here.

I'm more surprised at how that super negative girl is not in last place tbh.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 04:29   Link #1652
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
I'm not surprised Chieri won the poll, but those poll numbers are pretty tiny.
It's to be expected. The show doesn't even air in Tokyo so nobody is watching it. Besides you've got to buy whatever they're selling on that site to be able to vote.

On a related note, a re-run in a major network is supposed to start soon. With some luck, that may attract some more viewers.
Old 2012-06-22, 05:01   Link #1653
sa547
*Author

Went to the Hangame site and found out that Mark-3 Mayuyu did what the Borg wanted to do.
Old 2012-06-22, 05:03   Link #1654
Sol Falling

Quote:

I'm not surprised Chieri won the poll, but those poll numbers are pretty tiny. She's the best character out of all the the girls really. I don't think the Mayuyu effect is really overly present here.

I'm more surprised at how that super negative girl is not in last place tbh.
Makoto is moe, lol. I think her high ranking is appropriate. On the other hand, I'm disappointed with the low ranking of Yuuka (I think she's cute, at least) except for the whole issue with her "boyfriend" that's looking to be a genuine plot element. Basically, though, although I agree with Chieri's first place ranking, I do think that the imbalance of votes towards her is way too excessive.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 07:54   Link #1655
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
I take it you don't follow links in postings? If you had, you would have seen immediately that it was the rating for AKBINGO.

Sigh.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 08:17   Link #1656
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Something that suddenly occured to me. That DES Ace who soloed Takamina... wasn't that mecha carrying a Skull emblem on it?

On one hand, I'm not keen on the idea that Skull Squadron are the bad guys. On the other hand, it makes Takamina's ownage easier to swallow, because in addition to being off her game, she went head to head with Skull Leader.

Unless I'm totally misremembering things, in which case nevermind.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 08:26   Link #1657
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I thought that AKB is supposed to be about 'unfinished products'? If so, Makoto deserves her third place finish. She certainly has that feeling, especially in comparison to say, Sonata or that glasses girl whos name I can't remember, who for the most part has their shit together apart from technical skill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Basically, though, although I agree with Chieri's first place ranking, I do think that the imbalance of votes towards her is way too excessive.
I disagree. Chieri should've had more than 50% of the total votes (40% is not enough!), considering she's carrying the show.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 09:02   Link #1658
chaosprophet

More updates to the glossary. So the gun AKB uses that looks like a AK-47.... is called AK-48! I lol'd at this name. They also updated with the missilumes.

Quote:
This site, in the "special" section:

Thanks.
Old 2012-06-22, 09:26   Link #1659
sa547
*Author

Quote:
More updates to the glossary. So the gun AKB uses that looks like a AK-47.... is called AK-48! I lol'd at this name. They also updated with the missilumes.
Damn, more puns than I could shake off from a tree.
Old 2012-06-22, 10:24   Link #1660
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I thought that AKB is supposed to be about 'unfinished products'? If so, Makoto deserves her third place finish. She certainly has that feeling, especially in comparison to say, Sonata or that glasses girl whos name I can't remember, who for the most part has their shit together apart from technical skill.
Makoto is pretty the "Every AKB48 trainee girl" She is meant to be stand in for those who is not really familar with the setting. She is supposed to represent what the average AKB48 trainee feels like.

The closest thing we got to the "straight man"

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime