AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2012-06-28, 00:29   Link #321
Asuka0NK

Yeah but the main problem with the Yasu one is that it would be hard to make her flat chested and it won't look very good. Also how do I do the "transplants" like what program should I use since I have never done this before.
Old 2012-06-28, 00:37   Link #322
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Ah, yeah. Good point about Yasu. If you're wanting her to not be padding her chest like Shannon, it would be hard to just use Shannon's sprites. Maybe you could try using Kanon's sprite for a body?

The only image editor I'm used to using is the GIMP, but I expect other programs would have similar functions. To "transplant" something (like what I've been trying with transplanting a colour-altered Battler's arm onto the goat sprite, which isn't working out 100% as planned quite yet) what I would do is use a lasso tool to select the head I wanted, then copy that to an otherwise transparent layer above the body I wanted, and then move it around and alter it as needed.

But if you haven't used an image editor much before, that would probably be really difficult to do straight away. You'd be much better off getting help from somebody who knew what they were doing.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 00:42   Link #323
Asuka0NK

Yeah I decided to ask the person who made the original flat-chested maid Yasu sprite but the chance that they will help and make a sprite set for me is probably like .00000001%. I really want Yasu to be in her "true" form since the thing I'm using her for is that it is the form Beatrice takes after Battler figures out her Whodunnit.
Old 2012-06-28, 00:50   Link #324
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

I didn't know someone had made a flat-chested Yasu sprite, but looking it up on Google now, you're probably talking about this pic - http://malak1147.deviantart.com/art/Yasu-207106387 - which looks pretty good! Or maybe this one http://joesca.tumblr.com/post/5535521476.

Good luck with asking the person who made the Yasu sprite, whoever they are. If they give you permission to use the sprite you're talking about, but aren't willing to go to the trouble of making a set of them, you might still be able to manage to paste on other expressions to it. That might not be too hard.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 00:57   Link #325
Asuka0NK

I am talking about the first one and hopefully I get permission to at least use it and if not guess it is time to work for it. I really now wanna make a Yasu Troll face sprite. The main problem I'm probably gonna have is the fact that Yasu's bangs cover her face a little.
Old 2012-07-13, 15:57   Link #326
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Hey guys. Not sure if this'll actually pan out, but figured I'd give you a heads up.

So some IRL friends and I are going to record an Umineko opera and put it to VN sprites. It's gonna be pretty damn awesome.

I'm going to be Yasu and all her roles, a hot dude I'm kind of crushing on is being Battler and Will, and another friend is going to be Maria/Furfur/Lambdadelta.

We're still figuring out everyone else,but I don't think we're gonna have a shortage of people.

So, yea.
Old 2012-07-13, 16:20   Link #327
battle22

That is indeed awesome. XD
battle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 19:18   Link #328
RandomAvatarFan

Hey good luck Aura! I've tried to write a musical a few times, but usually give up before the murders begin. Most of my lyrics just went to songs already in the OSTs, so the music wasn't the issue. The issue was more or less me trying to get every detail possible, which didn't seem to work for some reason.

Is your opera based on a single arc or is it your own forgery? I hope you have fun and can't wait to see the final product! =D

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 19:41   Link #329
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
The idea is to condense every episode to an hour-long act. Since it's going to be a web series it's not like you'd have to sit through the whole thing at once.
Old 2012-07-13, 20:27   Link #330
Kyuubeycontract

I'm planning on writing an Umineko fanic that focuses on the mystery and I was wondering if you guys had any tips.
Kyuubeycontract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 20:51   Link #331
RandomAvatarFan

What do you mean "focuses on the mystery"? Any of the Chiru arcs "focus on the mystery" because they're about 75% meta-discussions about the logic and mystery. If that's the case, the formula I'm using is the regular formula where once the bodies are found Battler and Beato (or whoever your Meta Characters are)spar for a bit, and then have the red/blue battle like the end of EP4 and EP5. You can throw Dlanor and Erika in too to keep the discussion intense.

Or do you mean something that has very little fantasy à la EP1 where the magical entourage is all but seen, more like a traditional mystery? (EP1 is revealed to have many "fantasy"scenes though as well, so it might not be your best example) I'm terrible at writing those. For that, make sure you know the rules of the board exactly, and work at it in a similar fashion of EP1 where you don't know who died until the bodies are found. For instance, if your story is being told through Battler's eyes, he's not usually going to attend the parent's conference, so instead of saying what is going on in the conference, you tell what Battler sees in the cousin's room. Next day, six of the people who were in the mansion were killed. While it is possible for Battler to lock everyone in one room and still have bodies piling up, it's easiest to split people up.

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 22:23   Link #332
Kyuubeycontract

Oh I should have clarified. What I meant was that instead it of it being a slice-of-life, that it would be more like regular Umineko (that might not help).
Old 2012-07-14, 02:29   Link #333
Drifloon

This gameboard was a really impressive example of an Umineko fan-gameboard that reads more like a traditional mystery. No fantasy, barely any meta, and all the murder scenarios were incredibly creative and original. I really enjoyed it. The answer still hasn't been fully revealed yet, though (all the murders have been solved but not the who or why). I definitely recommend it.

Last edited by Drifloon; 2012-07-14 at 04:10.
Drifloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 03:30   Link #334
Kyuubeycontract

Umm can anyone help me with onscripter. I'm reading Kinjo's tutorial and i'm lost... Is there something easier to use besides onscripter?
Old 2012-07-14, 04:12   Link #335
Drifloon

You should probably check Ren'py out. That seems to be the only other engine that gets talked about with Umineko fangames.

Though I should probably mention that I've seen several completed ONS fangames, while I haven't seen any completed with Ren'py. I'm not sure if that means anything or not.
Drifloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 12:52   Link #336
Boinciel
Mii~

It probably means that the people who have the persistence to keep using ONScripter also have the patience to actually finish their stories. Personally I prefer the ONScripter experience because it feels much more authentic, but I wouldn't hold it against a good story for being scripted in Ren'py instead.
Old 2012-07-14, 19:28   Link #337
Kyuubeycontract

How do you do colored text in Ren'py?
Old 2012-07-14, 22:03   Link #338
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

{color=something}This text will be colored{/color}but this won't.

Substitute "something" with HTML color chart. A link with a complete list can be found here: http://www.immigration-usa.com/html_colors.html

For example, for red text:

{color=#FF0000}This will be red text{/color} but this won't.
GabrieliosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 13:56   Link #339
NotOzaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifloon View Post
This gameboard was a really impressive example of an Umineko fan-gameboard that reads more like a traditional mystery. No fantasy, barely any meta, and all the murder scenarios were incredibly creative and original. I really enjoyed it. The answer still hasn't been fully revealed yet, though (all the murders have been solved but not the who or why). I definitely recommend it.
I'd suggest anyone interested in this game should wait to read it.

The reason being that(excluding the large amount of typos) Kinjo and I have just started to convert it into a onscripter fan-game. So I'm sure it would be more enjoyable in that format.

...and without the typos.

Last edited by NotOzaki; 2012-07-15 at 15:01.
NotOzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 16:02   Link #340
SeagullCrazy
Endless Witch-Doctor

Yeah, I kinda wanted to keep it under wraps for a while but I'll be teaming up with Ozaki to turn "Repercussion" into VN format.

Also, regarding the earlier Onscripter discussion. Two helpful resources for onscripter (if my tutorial isn't enough):

http://nscripter.insani.org/reference/

http://unclemion.com/onscripter/api/NScrAPI.html

Both of these are essentially reference books on the commands Onscripter uses, so it probably doesn't really help much for people completely new to it.
But I'm not sure if I've brought these up before, and they've helped me a lot in projects outside of When the Seacats Cry.