AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-21, 06:44   Link #1301
kobester11

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, just to be extremely clear, there's a rather massive difference in the way the two series were executed.

Spoiler for Comparison to Mashiro-iro Symphony:

PS: the debate became a montage... (

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-21 at 06:52. Reason: Added spoiler tags for comparison
kobester11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 06:48   Link #1302
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobester11 View Post

As for this show... I guess I may need to watch the show again from start to finish to focus on how the romance is developed and analyse it further. For now, I think a lot of the issue is that they tried to hold back for so long. For many reasons, I would have preferred the romance to start earlier, even though I see why they put it off.
Old 2012-09-21, 06:56   Link #1303
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.11

drama & conspiracy mix together is really uh oh we're in trouble.

so give tomoya 2.0 being explain & reasons that close eyes pres need him run for pres cause to keep kana in hospital all safe & hidden give conspiracy going on.

while chisato & mifuyu alone see that chisato still having probs give cause using tomoya 2.0 as replace for daiki yet enough is enough so plan show body scar yet they both patch-up all fine.

hearing conspiracy tomoya 2.0 seem like either play their game or pay the price so cue call michiru where kana & give reason you stink on close eyes pres.

nurse michuru inject shot a guard, rescue kana, play harmonica cue kana awake & everyone make-up all fine with chisato eat chocolate.

look all good with pretend wedding with chisato & tomoya 2.0 til "wedding catchers" kidnap chisato cue big to be continued...
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 07:00   Link #1304
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
As for this show... I guess I may need to watch the show again from start to finish to focus on how the romance is developed and analyse it further. For now, I think a lot of the issue is that they tried to hold back for so long. For many reasons, I would have preferred the romance to start earlier, even though I see why they put it off.
Spoiler for game comparison:
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 07:05   Link #1305
kobester11

Quote:

meh, i guess we all had our reasons for either loving it or hating it. Plus, that thread is very biased...
i dont want to buried with raging comments... ^^;;;

looks like theyre gonna end this in episode 12.and 13 is gonna be a filler(im guessing a beach episode)

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-21 at 07:08. Reason: Fixed quote
kobester11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 07:16   Link #1306
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Spoiler for game comparison:
Spoiler for Comparison to the game:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobester11 View Post
looks like theyre gonna end this in episode 12.and 13 is gonna be a filler(im guessing a beach episode)
Yeah, I'm guessing so, given that there was some beach scene promo art. With the way things are setup here, whatever relationship he has won't be so established that he can't spend some time with all the heroines.
Old 2012-09-21, 09:33   Link #1307
karuroso

Quote:
Spoiler:

In a way I get the same feeling here, I mean they were quite successful in making me want to play the game to majorly see Satsuki's route and that seems to me to be their goal since the beginning, if it wasn't their goal I don't think they would be marketing Satsuki in the way they are doing now.

Please someone correct me if I am wrog but did in the past this kind of "trend" that Mashiro showed and now a bit similar with this series existed before? I mean feels like their goal is to just at least hit the break even point and profit with the game sales and the anime overal is just to make the majority of the viewers to desire to play the game, in this case by having the anime focus on the least desirable girl (or making her looks like it)

I don't think the more old school series like Clannad or Shuffle had a game with a release date near their anime series and their profit would be from the actual sales of the anime.
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 09:43   Link #1308
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Spoiler for Episode 11: The Failed Kiss:

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-09-21 at 10:22.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 09:47   Link #1309
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post

Please someone correct me if I am wrog but did in the past this kind of "trend" that Mashiro showed and now a bit similar with this series existed before? I mean feels like their goal is to just at least hit the break even point and profit with the game sales and the anime overal is just to make the majority of the viewers to desire to play the game, in this case by having the anime focus on the least desirable girl (or making her looks like it)
If you meant that the anime is used as some kind advertisement /marketing trick for an upcoming port or for an all ages version, then it was done much earlier. Like with Akaneiro ni Somaru Saka, da capo 2 or Gift (all 3 for the playstation 2) and probably alot more but i can't think any now.

edit: OreTsuba did it as well with an all ages version last year when the anime was still airing.
Old 2012-09-21, 10:13   Link #1310
novalysis

You can see the trainwreck coming from a mile off. There's simply too much material and plot developments, and only One Cour worth of time to try to make some sense of them all. Honestly speaking, I'm amazed that Chocolate held out to the 11th Episode. Up till Episode 10, the plot was still in a state of coherence, quite a feat if you consider just how much they are trying to squash into One Cour.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 11:05   Link #1311
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Eventhough the mock wedding was essentially the same as in the game, the anime version lacked the same impact because it was shortened and it gave not enough time to set it up seeing how hectic this episode was.

Spoiler for got bored and recorded that wedding scene while rereading it. Also it's pointless to watch this video if you can't understand japanese:
Old 2012-09-21, 11:41   Link #1312
karuroso

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
If you meant that the anime is used as some kind advertisement /marketing trick for an upcoming port or for an all ages version, then it was done much earlier. Like with Akaneiro ni Somaru Saka, da capo 2 or Gift (all 3 for the playstation 2) and probably alot more but i can't think any now.

edit: OreTsuba did it as well with an all ages version last year when the anime was still airing.
I know about it =~ I meant more in the way of being way too obvious about promoting and comparing with the more older ones, Oretsubasa and Akane Iro for example, their endings didn't favored too much one girl compared to the other(s) and left that feeling of having an open ending
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 12:18   Link #1313
Kazuto

Wow... I hated Akane iro ending(I loved the anime)... BUT... Chisato... Chisato... She's...She's... just boring D:
For god sake!!! So many good girls... and... chisato... agh... Shinonome T_T
Kazuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 12:27   Link #1314
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
I know about it =~ I meant more in the way of being way too obvious about promoting and comparing with the more older ones, Oretsubasa and Akane Iro for example, their endings didn't favored too much one girl compared to the other(s) and left that feeling of having an open ending
I think they make a decision with each show how to best present the plot in the limited time available. The series you mentioned earlier (that stood alone well) had double, or even four times the amount of episodes, and unfortunately that isn't really the case most of the time. And personally speaking... I'll still take this over something more even more vague and open-ended.

Spoiler for Comparison to the game:
So yeah, not sure if it's really a "trend"; despite some superficial similarities, I'm not actually even sure how much the two examples have in common. The romantic decision is the result of all the plot decisions along the way; we shouldn't just judge and compare by the final result. (And even then, I think Chisato was pretty clearly setup as the main heroine right from the get-go... but that was diluted a bit along the way. If you must do those sorts of result-based comparisons, this is very much a "first girl wins" ending, unlike the other show being compared to. The only thing they have in common is "the heroine a lot of people were hoping would be chosen was not". But that became increasingly clear over these last few weeks as it was. Basically, as explained by the president in this recent episode, he almost got close to Satsuki, but he couldn't abandon his latent feelings for Chisato.)
Old 2012-09-21, 13:07   Link #1315
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I'd prefer to see the story about Kana and Mouri. Really.

And too bad the VN is untranslated cause I like the plot here but I don't like Chisato and a lot of parts of the story were shown to us just briefly.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 14:05   Link #1316
ookamigirl

So finally the background of the whole election thing is revealed.
Who knew there would so many intrigue behind the scenes.
Yuuki seems to be having all kinds of problems...
Chisato was guilt tripping herself an awful lot this time.
Well, Yuuki - Chisato relationship is pretty unique and interesting.
At least something good came from the whole ordeal ^^
Wonder how things will be moving forward now...

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 15:59   Link #1317
Snuffle
likes cute things

I see a lot of comparisons to Mashiro-iro, I'm not really understanding why this show even needs to be brought up to compare with Koichoco. The pacing and development in Mashiro-iro was done much better although I admit the bath scene was going too far to confuse people which girl the protag is going for (I preferred Angelina btw). Other than that, everything was portrayed in a believable fashion unlike Koichoco which felt forced many times with a lack of proper explanation (having a poor flow of story telling).

Using anidb I looked up some eroge anime adaptions that are 12-13 eps long. Now I've seen more than these shows but the setting is a bit different for other eroge adaptions and some I just don't remember as clearly on how the plot progresses. I obviously can't go into the specifics because that would be spoiling people that haven't seen a particular show, so I will speak in general and in code.

First to get it out of the way since it was mentioned in an earlier post by someone.
- Yosuga no Sora

This adaption had each heroine have their own story just like Amagami, problem with using this method for koichoco is seeing a repetition of the election (even though there are differences).

- Hoshizora e kakaru hashi
- Lamune
- Otome wa boku ni koishiteru
- Yoake mae yori ruriiro na: Crescent Love

When I think about it... Hoshizora, had a very similar way of handling who the protag would end up with like Koichoco. It was not clear but there were many hints. I'm not sure what I could make of this but I thought I should throw it out there for people to discuss. But imo, this should be the show that Koichoco is compared to instead of Mashiro-iro. However to be clear, I do feel the bath scene in Mashiro-iro to be a similar way of handling how far in the relationship the protag has gotten with that paticular girl to be comparable with Satsuki in Koichoco.

Now Otome wa boku kinda surprised me. The only reason I can accept the ending is because my favorite girl got picked. _However I never saw it coming!_ There were hints here and there but, _that's the same for every other girl!_ I will admit, for this show, I'm pretty darn biased.

WARNING: Even speaking in general, I still consider reading about Lamune and Yoake a spoiler, read at your own risk.

Spoiler for Lamune and Yoake:
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 16:14   Link #1318
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
I see a lot of comparisons to Mashiro-iro, [/SPOILER]
I was wondering the same thing? Why like Mashiro-iro? Who is the main heroine here? It's Chisato.

Spoiler for Koichoco to Mashiro Comparison:

Chisato maybe dumb, helpless, psychotic or whatever you want to throw to her... but you can't deny the facts that already been laid in the beginning.. this no no game... it has to have one route to follow... and its Chisato's, it's the horrible truth.
Old 2012-09-21, 16:27   Link #1319
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I was wondering the same thing? Why like Mashiro-iro?
It's basically as Snuffle alluded to above:

Beyond that, as I've said, I think the stories are extremely different in many ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Spoiler for Koichoco to Mashiro Comparison:
Argh... I can't believe how many people believe this. *sigh...* Apparently an argument that will never be won with some people...
Old 2012-09-21, 16:37   Link #1320
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:

well, people have different taste.. blame the producers for the false hopes IMHO

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, politics, romance, school life, seinen