AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-31, 07:52   Link #421
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
Thanks you god >.< and thanks ayyo for this great news
That damn siscon finally arrives! Heh. Amazing how we're being all happy about a male character here...

Hopefully his buddies will be joining the cast as well. With Leo finally confirmed, they're practically there already.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 18:17   Link #422
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Oh, and by the way, sorry for not finding the existing Otome thread in a search. Oops! ^^; It's because I searched for the "oboku" that seems suggested to me by the title, vs. "boku" used in the thread and other places. What's with the missing "o" - some grammar rule? Anyway, just thought I should point "that-a-way" for discussion already in progress.

Edit: I asked a Japanese friend of mine about it, and he said that they're using a different furi to bring emphasis on the real meaning of the title - that the "onee-sama" is actually a guy, and the guy is actually you (the main character). His suggestion, incidentally, was Otome wa o"nee"-sama ni koishiteru. Anyway, for the 1 other person out there who may be wondering the same thing I was, there you have it... ^^;

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2006-05-31 at 19:24.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 18:40   Link #423
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayyo
Y HELO THAR, Mindnumbingly Generic Harem Male Lead #47392!
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 19:09   Link #424
ayyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Knight-san generic? No way, Subaru will murder you for saying that. There is a reason it is called the "Leo Family" and not Crab Family or Date Family or Shark-san Family.

Last edited by ayyo; 2006-05-31 at 19:35.
ayyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 23:41   Link #425
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
YAY Lovely Idol XD

What about World's End U-U

The main guy for Tsuyokiss is pretty cute ^-^"
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 14:11   Link #426
NeoSam

Another anime got announced:

====================

オシャレ魔女 ラブ and ベリー
Oshare Majo Love and Berry

http://osharemajo.com/

Based on an arcade game for girls that Sega developed, it appeared in an amusement facility in October 2004.
A version for Nintendo DS is scheduled for winter of 2006.

Genre: Shoujo

====================
Old 2006-06-01, 14:18   Link #427
Ialdaboth

I just saw on Moonphase that a new "CLAMP IN WONDERLAND 2 1995~2006" short will be produced by Madhouse. No date.

OP to be sung by Maaya Sakamoto.

http://www.clamp-net.com/
Old 2006-06-01, 14:42   Link #428
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Hehe. Nope, absolutely not. At least in the game, Leo is one of the most likable male leads I've ever seen. He's a swell guy in all paths, but I really need to pull my hat for his tenacity in the Hime arc. Knight-san banzai!

Subaru, Fukahire and all the others are confirmed with Seiyuus. Subaru even keeps his very distinct game voice! Looking forward to that

On the other hand, I have to question the decision to let Nakahara Mai voice Hime. I mean, what the heck? She has never done a confident-aggressive-haughty ojousama role yet. And the idea to have a Nagisa/SP-style voice interpret Erika gives me the shivers...
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 19:15   Link #429
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Well, be that as it may, the character design still looks painfully pedestrian, dull and uninspired.

I am not a fan of harem in general, so I may be biased, but all these main leads from harem anime do tend to look strikingly similar, regardless of the character differences.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 19:35   Link #430
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ialdaboth
I just saw on Moonphase that a new "CLAMP IN WONDERLAND 2 1995~2006" short will be produced by Madhouse. No date.

OP to be sung by Maaya Sakamoto.

http://www.clamp-net.com/
Hmmm, seeing snipits of Tsubasa and xxxHolic along with other CLAMP series animated by Madhouse.......

I seriously can't wait for it!
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 20:17   Link #431
Narumi
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
Hehe. Nope, absolutely not. At least in the game, Leo is one of the most likable male leads I've ever seen.
He's certainly not an ass, that's for sure. As for being a generic male lead...

In its own respect, the design is nice, but coming from the game, it's a bit of a disappointment. And considering the anime is probably going to follow the PS2 character's lead, not expecting too much from this one...
Old 2006-06-01, 20:56   Link #432
NeoSam

The site for Negima OVA has opened:
http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/negima_ova/

The site for the new Negima anime hasn't opened yet.
Old 2006-06-01, 21:48   Link #433
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narumi
He's certainly not an ass, that's for sure. As for being a generic male lead...

In its own respect, the design is nice, but coming from the game, it's a bit of a disappointment. And considering the anime is probably going to follow the PS2 character's lead, not expecting too much from this one...
With regard to looks, I have to admit that he does look generic. But whether he was an ass or not—well, let's just say that he isn't perfect. Despite that however, he comes off as a pretty likeable guy in the end. It isn't that difficult to see why he, Subaru and Fukahire are good friends.

I also miss the original drawing style though. And just like some fans out there, I'm not expecting too much from this series. On another note, I'm not expecting too much from the voice acting either, but I'm willing to keep an open mind with regard to that at least.
Old 2006-06-01, 22:28   Link #434
evil-samurai

Well I dont expect to much from male harme leads.. Though I take it he might be Great! in the game.. who knows about the anime... I always! hear that no this guy is different... but most of the time I dont end up liking him. I like his design it doesn't look that bad, it not only harem leads that can look Generic, so I dont really care too much about that.

The good news for me about Tsuyokiss is that the anime most likey will be consistent with character design and animation. The same animation studio's that are working on Tsuyokiss, right now is working on Yoshinaga-san Uchi no Gargoyle Where they so far have done a good job.

Compared to the game, the design is more cute... with some of characters it looks better but with Nagomi I like her game design better.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 22:54   Link #435
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Well, be that as it may, the character design still looks painfully pedestrian, dull and uninspired.

I am not a fan of harem in general, so I may be biased, but all these main leads from harem anime do tend to look strikingly similar, regardless of the character differences.
He doesn't have brown/black hair though

rofl......that is the generic trait of the harem guy!
Old 2006-06-01, 22:54   Link #436
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
The site for Negima OVA has opened:
http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/negima_ova/
Erm...the character designs look wierd. And Evangeline looks...well, yeah...
Old 2006-06-01, 22:57   Link #437
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Erm...the character designs look wierd. And Evangeline looks...well, yeah...
Shinji is right. They look freakish.....wth...
Old 2006-06-01, 23:32   Link #438
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-samurai
The good news for me about Tsuyokiss is that the anime most likey will be consistent with character design and animation. The same animation studio's that are working on Tsuyokiss, right now is working on Yoshinaga-san Uchi no Gargoyle Where they so far have done a good job.

Compared to the game, the design is more cute... with some of characters it looks better but with Nagomi I like her game design better.
I don't exactly fully understand what you're saying here. If the character designs of the anime are different than the game's, then in what way are they consistent? It's pretty obvious that the game's style is more mature-looking, "harder" and sharper than the relatively cutesy style of the anime version.

Are you talking about consistent quality, or are you comparing the drawing style of game to what is used in the anime?
Old 2006-06-01, 23:43   Link #439
Narumi
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
With regard to looks, I have to admit that he does look generic. But whether he was an ass or not—well, let's just say that he isn't perfect. Despite that however, he comes off as a pretty likeable guy in the end. It isn't that difficult to see why he, Subaru and Fukahire are good friends.
Sure. But I think too much credit is given to him for being a "great" character. There are lots of good male protagonists out there... they just haven't been coming to anime.
Old 2006-06-01, 23:58   Link #440
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narumi
Sure. But I think too much credit is given to him for being a "great" character. There are lots of good male protagonists out there... they just haven't been coming to anime.
Actually, I was trying to be nice with respect to his "ass-ness." He has one or two moments in particular that come to mind—but being a game, they only happen in specific branches of the story. He is pretty generic, but he's a good generic lead at the very least.

Tags
announcements, new anime, trailers