AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 87 64.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 28.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 3.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.49%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.75%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-12-22, 11:03   Link #81
Eleutheria
旅行癖

--C2 really needs to use encryption when she opens up a telepathic connection...

--Suzaku is terrified of his father probably because his dad was the premier of Japan and now he's working for the enemy

--Lelouch saw Suzaku at the other end of the telepathic link. Will he remember that? More importantly was Suzaku in a right enough condition to be able to recall the same?

--The preview implies that the priestess with the same forehead mark as C2 is affiliated with Kyoto.
Old 2006-12-22, 11:06   Link #82
Retsoor

I wouldn't discount Jeremiah's ability in comparison to Karen just because he had a Sutherland under him. The man bumped Karen's projectile in midair while he himself was in free-fall. I doubt the speed and power of the projectiles are greatly different between the Glasgow and the Sutherland, so it would be an issue of skill.

Regarding Kewell, they could've at least put in a few yen and make it seem like he tried to evade, now he was just slaughtered. Finally, Lancelot got to properly shine here since you can't have a good match without two nearly equal combatants. All in all, it's on a good note that Code Geass ends the year.

Jeremiah's appearance inspired me, and I daresay I can envisage Code Geass's endgame already. By the beginning of the third to last episode Schnaizer's coup d'état ends in a cross counter between him and the Emperor. The Emperor staggers, but stands tall. At the end of the episode Lelouch enters the Emperor's presence and they agree to decide the fate of Britannia by having an arm wrestling match. The entirety of the second to last episode is devoted to a training montage for Lelouch, with appropriate shots to his women having hopeful and or fearful expressions. The final episode will be twofold. First, Lelouch and the Emperor have an epic arm wrestling contest with twists and turns, plenty of reaction shots and commentary from affiliated bystanders. The second part will be the followers duking it out in a three-way melee between Lancelot, the Crimson Lotus and Jeremiah the Shell Bullet.
Retsoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 12:40   Link #83
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
As it was already stated, Suzuka was top of the class in the Knightmare simulation and the fact that he can achieve such a high sync rate with Lancelot proves that he is really one of the best pilots there are as the best are those who can unlock those potential.

If Karen was at the academy no doubt she would produce similar results. Lelouch picked her to be the pilot mainly because she is an ace pilot and can bring out its fullest potential.

Jeremiah and Cornelia demonstrated similar lighting fast moves in combat against Karen as well but failed because they were either surprised or ambushed.

My point? Their all good damn pilots. Karen seems more of a berserker though, given the way she fights with the Guren and her screaming.

Sad though that 3 members of the student council were fighting in the same battle. Even worst that two of them are best friends. Even ironic that the best imperial pilot is a Japanese while the best Black Knight pilot is a Britannian (Also half japanese but still).
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 14:57   Link #84
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

I thought Suzaku whispering 'Yuffie' to Euphemia was quite sweet. I don't like the guy at all but perhaps now he's been 'meddled with' by C.C he'll change and perhaps turn into the death-bringer hinted at in the new OP? Would be funny if he ends up being a greater threat to peace that Zero...

Minor observation; but I noticed the Lancelot's power plant starts off as a chrome Rubick's cube before it turns pink when under stress. Perhaps this is a property of Sakuradite?

Does anyone know the name of Toudou's female lieutenant; the hawt one with the short hair?
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 15:02   Link #85
Cpt.Eirikr
=Just me=

Well, just viewed the RAW and it was pretty interesting. To think Kewell was slaughtered like that and Viletta getting all panicked 3 times. It looked like Cornelia was about to do selfsuicide by ramming her towards Kallen's knightmare, but Lancelot arrived just on time and the battle started. Man, it was a pretty good one actually. I think Kallen en Susaku are on equal level, but I need to keep in mind Kallen is strong due to that radiation wave and Lancelot has probably even more functions we aren't aware of. Also, maybe you guys have noticed the fear in Lelouch's eyes when Susaku was about to kill him, but then C.C. came in and gave Susaku a shocking experience.

Also, anyone knows what happened to Darlton? I saw him fight, but after it Gilford en Cornelia were back at their base but I didn't saw Darlton
Cpt.Eirikr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 15:17   Link #86
JediNight
キズランダム

Lelouch has to remain calm to be a good leader during the battles, but I think most of us would flinch and be scared when facing our death in front of our eyes. Especially by a giant gun with bullets the size of our head ;p
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 15:46   Link #87
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Pointing a big gun at someone doesn't mean you'll pull the trigger too.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 16:03   Link #88
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Thing is, Lelouch makes great Plan A's, but never seem to have a Plan B.
Old 2006-12-22, 16:10   Link #89
Cpt.Eirikr
=Just me=

Only escapre routes that get cut off seemly..
Cpt.Eirikr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 16:34   Link #90
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
I don't like the guy at all but perhaps now he's been 'meddled with' by C.C he'll change and perhaps turn into the death-bringer hinted at in the new OP? Would be funny if he ends up being a greater threat to peace that Zero...
Well, escalations of violence and changes of mind aren't exactly things we should not expect - if you've read the spoilers from Pash! and Newtype Winter Romance, then you'd know that
Spoiler:
Quote:
Minor observation; but I noticed the Lancelot's power plant starts off as a chrome Rubick's cube before it turns pink when under stress. Perhaps this is a property of Sakuradite?
According to recent information, Sakuradite is supposed to be a very precious mineral used in supraconductor technology (to a point that it's used in 90% of the world's power source fleet and governments from all around the world gather on a yearly basis to determine their annual share from Britannia) - possibly used to decrease energy loss between the Yggdrasil Drive (the official name of a Knightmare Frame's power plant) and the other components. At any rate, one of my theories is that the Sakuradite cube inside the power plant might be able to create an energy field by rotating at full speed (I know certain scientists were trying to create a miniature magnetic field by rotating a significant metallic mass inside a centrifuge) - or it's a replacement for thorium, uranium or plutonium using a miniature PWR (Pressurized Water Reactor) system.
Quote:
It looked like Cornelia was about to do selfsuicide by ramming her towards Kallen's knightmare
At that time, she still had her torso-mounted Slash Harkens so she still could go down with a bang. If not, then she could pull an Athrun () on Kallen - I mean, grapple your enemy and push the self-destruct button. A princess is better off dying with honor rather than spending the rest of her life in a cell, her dignity torn to pieces and her honor a forlorn memory. At least she'd be remembered as a strongwilled person, not someone lacking courage to deny Britannia's enemies some sort of leverage against the Empire.
Quote:
Probably because if things go amok - they simply do and there is no contingency to wave around. With the Black Knights widely spread apart, their hands busy and their being there for only a few hours, it's not like Lelouch had much time to improvise, especially against unexpected factors like Lancelot. The ideal would have been trigger another avalanche towards Euphemia and Co. but the only mech capable of pulling that feat is CL Mk II and Kallen was busy right then. Moreover, I don't think there was enough water left to try anything else. He'd already dealt his one-time trick.

Granted, Lelouch had enough time to think about the whole underground water vein and collect those drills but I'm not sure he had the means to pull off a perfect, rotating deathtrap on the premises to ward off any unwanted attempts at interfering with the proceedings. He didn't have leisure to prepare the surroundings with traps and ambush points either, since he only got there when Britannia launched the onslaught. For all we know, he might have wanted it to be a blitz operation - shake the chessboard instead of playing cool and whatnot. He probably didn't have much time on his hands and wanted Cornelia as a guarantee for his retreat and safety later on. Suzaku just shanghaied her back to safety, leaving Lelouch unprotected. Nobody's free from Murphy's Law.
Quote:
The preview implies that the priestess with the same forehead mark as C2 is affiliated with Kyoto.
Same forehead mark? She's got a small jewel affixed there - there's no sign of the large, bird-like sigil at all. And the said gem is too small to conceal anything. But hey, who knows who she might be -
Spoiler:
but she might very well be a member of the Japanese Imperial Family. We still don't know whatever happened to them or if monarchy was abolished before the Britannian invasion. At any rate, I believe that Taniguchi eluded that question so as to not offend the actual Imperial family. I hear they're beloved by the Japanese so there's no reason to 'besmirch' them by inserting a scene with captive Japanese royals and whatnot, reduced to mere vassals (or even less than that, political hostages or bargain chips).
Old 2006-12-22, 16:34   Link #91
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
With how confident he is, he doesn't believe they're needed.
Old 2006-12-22, 16:39   Link #92
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
With how confident he is, he doesn't believe they're needed.
and the fact that his overgrown ego wont allow him to think of a plan B...hes out their to win the game of chess! ^_^

but what i found funny was why did his guards all go to kallen and left him to fend for himself against the god mode suzaku O.o i know they have faith in their leader but cmon they shouldnt have expected him to turn out all right without some backup

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 18:31   Link #93
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
hmmm Lulu need to buy CC a new dress now.
The chest area got torned.

lol may be he will just fix it for her consider he makes that Zero's suit himself.

In any case, why is she still wearing that white suit thing anyway, it is used by Britania for a prisoner... Lulu can just easier get her a new one!
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 20:07   Link #94
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

It's her trademark suit. Whioever heard of changing tmsuits when there's no need for it?

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 20:13   Link #95
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
At that time, she still had her torso-mounted Slash Harkens so she still could go down with a bang. If not, then she could pull an Athrun () on Kallen - I mean, grapple your enemy and push the self-destruct button. A princess is better off dying with honor rather than spending the rest of her life in a cell, her dignity torn to pieces and her honor a forlorn memory. At least she'd be remembered as a strongwilled person, not someone lacking courage to deny Britannia's enemies some sort of leverage against the Empire.
Well she went after Lelouch and his bodyguard once Lancelot engaged Karen. And she still got them on the run with just those two anchors.
Old 2006-12-22, 20:40   Link #96
FSNxPhantom
ZOMG!!! HEAVEN'S FEEL FTW

Send a message via AIM to FSNxPhantom
Imma die for the next 2 weeks for code geass XD
I'm glad that the fight between Suzaku and Kallen shows everyone that neither machines are almighty.

Now I have 2 things I support: Lulu x C.C ; Lulu x Kallen
FSNxPhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 20:48   Link #97
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Does anyone know the name of Toudou's female lieutenant; the hawt one with the short hair?
From what I've heard, the voice actress is the same one who does Natsuki's voice and is named Chiba but I could be wrong. Though the voice does sound similar to Natsuki.
Old 2006-12-22, 22:03   Link #98
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Lelouch needs to start making plans based on what if a super-powered knightmare suddenly shows up to oppose him...

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 01:18   Link #99
Wolfpack

Geez, its almost preordained or foreshadowed that Lelouch will eventually go downhill in the future. Especially with Ougi, Tamaki, and Kalled discussing doubts about Zero. Man I hope not though. I hope Zero continues to be a good stategist with loyal followers.

If only Lelouch made backup plans, or atleast one to take care of Lancelot.

I also absolutely love what C.C. did to Suzaku. Too bad it was unintentional, even better it brought C.C. and Lelouch closer!

I didn't read the other posts yet but did anyone else enjoy the end of episode 11 where Lelouch has his moment with C.C. while Kallen looks upset, maybe even jealous. Because she was so worried about Zero and so happy to see him alive. She was awkward when she found him with C.C.

Last edited by Wolfpack; 2006-12-23 at 01:30.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 01:31   Link #100
Darkeyesrina

Send a message via AIM to Darkeyesrina Send a message via MSN to Darkeyesrina
You know, after watching the episode and the reviews of Omni and Garten, I have one question that really got me confuse:

Why is Ougi and Karen complaining that Zero use their people as pawns? I mean, Lelouch/Zero does treat them like that, but he is also willing to risk his life too (using his King moves first strategy and especially when he takes another route than them and taking Suzaku with him).

If they would have been treated as simple pawns, he would have just ordered them to go suicide to kill Suzaku and Cornelia.

This is just my personal opinnion. Besides that, this was another fantastic episode.
Darkeyesrina is offline   Reply With Quote