AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-01-14, 21:53   Link #8281
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
He is waiting for Lelouch to explain the truth which it is just like Lelouch who wouldn't bother to explain. Some part of Suzaku wanted to believe in Lelouch. Anyway, their relationship had already reached the stage where no words is needed between them. I wonder how did they manage to reach that stage. I don't think Lelouch will ever explain how he accidentally geassed Euphie.
Or lelouch just didn't want to hear the unavoidable "I told you, Lelouch! I Told you that your pranks are so terrible that they will someday cause a disaster!"
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 00:33   Link #8282
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Or lelouch just didn't want to hear the unavoidable "I told you, Lelouch! I Told you that your pranks are so terrible that they will someday cause a disaster!"
That reminds me of Leopard from Sora Kake Girl. He will want to die if his plan fails . Leopard couldn't stand hearing that.
If someone is going to say something like that to him, that'll be C.C.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 01:28   Link #8283
yvj
U Mad?

Is it safe to say Suzaku may have been the most tragic figure in the show.

He's suffered more than most anime characters I've seen recently.
Old 2009-01-15, 01:40   Link #8284
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post

Definitely on the top-3. And at some point, i was honestly blown away form the hate this character got, i mean jesus.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 01:52   Link #8285
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Definitely on the top-3. And at some point, i was honestly blown away form the hate this character got, i mean jesus.
Suzaku is the guy who people keep secrets from and then blame him when things go wrong.

He tried so hard to do the right thing and constantly gets screwed. Lelouch may have died with millions hating him but he's got at lest three people who think he's Jesus two of which probably who have jumped his bones if the chance came up. Who has Suzaku got?

I think I've gotten a new found respect for Suzaku (Candide) Kururugi

Last edited by yvj; 2009-01-15 at 02:08.
yvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 02:00   Link #8286
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Suzaku is the guy who people keep secrets for and then blame him when things wrong.

He tried so hard to do the right thing and constantly gets screwed. Lelouch may have died with millions hating him but he's got at lest three people who think he's Jesus two of which probably who have jumped his bones if the chance came up. Who has Suzaku got?

I think I've gotten a new found respect for Suzaku (Candide) Kururugi
This. So hardcore.

Also, i have noticed that a lot of people said, that "noes, Suzaku is not good, he just protects other that much, so he raises the chances of him dying like he always wanted" Um, no, not really.
It is true in the beginning, that Suzaku, wanted to find a way to "die" or something, but somewhere along the way, i think the part about protecting others, became a real part of himself. {the fact, that he always thought he needed to atone for his sins, is irrelevant at that point}

You ask me, Suzaku was definitely one of the most moral characters on the show. Yes, he was naive, dump-idealist, but he never meant it in a bad way. At all.
The circumstances just kept screwing him over and over again.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 02:21   Link #8287
azul120

He certainly doesn't deserve anymore hate than Lelouch. I'd say they did about as much good they did harm.

I'd give Suzaku the upper hand if he didn't tie himself to Britannia.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 02:28   Link #8288
Daril Gukku

Quote:

I loved Suzaku from Season 1, even when he turned Lelouch in to the Emperor.

I couldn't believe how much people hated him, I mean, the girl he loved had just died, his best friend turned out to be the terrorist who killed her, and Tokyo was pretty much going up in flames.

And then FLEIJA incident...It broke my heart.

For fan hate + actual tragedy in the show he takes top place for most tragic character in my book.
Old 2009-01-15, 03:01   Link #8289
azul120

I understood Suzaku's anger at the time, but turning Lelouch in to the Emperor, the one Lelouch was targeting, was off the deep end. Besides, also being somewhat responsible for the Black Knights' defeat helped set Japan back even further than it once was. As uncomfortable as it may have made him feel, Suzaku should have agreed to a temporary truce.

At least during the one month interim in between the World of C incident and the start of the Zero Requiem it appears that Suzaku learns what really happened.

Generally speaking, Suzaku does get too much hate at times.

Last edited by azul120; 2009-01-15 at 03:18.
Old 2009-01-15, 03:38   Link #8290
Daril Gukku

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
I understood Suzaku's anger at the time, but turning Lelouch in to the Emperor, the one Lelouch was targeting, was off the deep end. Besides, also being somewhat responsible for the Black Knights' defeat helped set Japan back even further than it once was. As uncomfortable as it may have made him feel, Suzaku should have agreed to a temporary truce.

At least during the one month interim in between the World of C incident and the start of the Zero Requiem it appears that Suzaku learns what really happened.

Generally speaking, Suzaku does get too much hate at times.
I think if Lelouch had tried to explain what happened with Euphie, they might have come to a truce. I'm sure if he talked about it seriously with Suzaku, Suzaku would have been able to tell that he truly cared about Euphie and regretted killing her.

But he was too distracted by Nunnally being kidnapped and when he started talking about Euphemia being in the past and they had to save Nunnally RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE!!!1!1, I think that pushed it over the edge for Suzaku. At that moment, there was no way he could forgive him right then.
Old 2009-01-15, 04:25   Link #8291
azul120

Which is true. Though I have a feeling Suzaku might have not believed Lelouch, having come to a point of distrust in him.

Either way, I think Taneguchi and co. wanted to draw things out to a cliffhanger.
Old 2009-01-18, 13:44   Link #8292
Sander RX

Hey guys any idea on this?

Photoshop
Sander RX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 14:49   Link #8293
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander RX View Post
Hey guys any idea on this?

Photoshop
No, not Photoshop.
Old 2009-01-18, 21:49   Link #8294
yvj
U Mad?

I would have liked to have seen more of the final chat between Lelouch and Suzaku in the ending. I felt like there reconcilation was a little glossed over. I mean there had to be so much going on between them even when they were on the same side.

I wouldn't have minded ten minutes of intense talking. And at the end maybe we could have at least seen some sort of silver lining in Suzaku's dark clouds.
Old 2009-01-18, 21:53   Link #8295
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
I would have liked to have seen more of the final chat between Lelouch and Suzaku in the ending. I felt like there reconcilation was a little glossed over. I mean there had to be so much going on between them even when they were on the same side.

I wouldn't have minded ten minutes of intense talking. And at the end maybe we could have at least seen some sort of silver lining in Suzaku's dark clouds.
There's nothing between them that would have taken ten minutes of exposition.
Old 2009-01-18, 21:59   Link #8296
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
There's nothing between them that would have taken ten minutes of exposition.
Well ten minutes is an exaggeration. But their reconciliation was subpar at best. And hell they've put each other through hell, in addition to going through their own separate problems. I can't imagine they couldn't have had any more interesting tidbits to discuss (Shirley's death?) than what we got.
Old 2009-01-18, 23:43   Link #8297
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Well ten minutes is an exaggeration. But their reconciliation was subpar at best. And hell they've put each other through hell, in addition to going through their own separate problems. I can't imagine they couldn't have had any more interesting tidbits to discuss (Shirley's death?) than what we got.
On that I'll agree. They just sort of glossed over it with the one month thing, and even those side materials from Mutuality or whatever don't really add insight into how they went from "Euphy's murderer" to "let's punish each other."
Old 2009-01-19, 02:33   Link #8298
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
On that I'll agree. They just sort of glossed over it with the one month thing, and even those side materials from Mutuality or whatever don't really add insight into how they went from "Euphy's murderer" to "let's punish each other."
Exactly. It's as if they left the details to the viewers' imaginations.
Old 2009-01-19, 04:25   Link #8299
Sander RX

Quote:
No, not Photoshop.
Then what?I certainly dont remember it anywhere.
Sander RX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 04:35   Link #8300
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander RX View Post
Then what?I certainly dont remember it anywhere.
Last episode, during the news report.