AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-11, 02:27   Link #261
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

I like the lead. Not everyday I see someone making the very best of the "Power of Suck" .

Thunder Girl here probably grew up knowing she had no peers because of her abilities. The first person to brush her off as an annoyance would have offended her to no end

Somehow I'm wishing someone else is voicing Index. She doesn't come across as a smug enough know it all [which is what I sense she is trying to be]. Miyuki Sawashiro would have been the personal choice. Then again, having Shinku around in a show like this is just over kill.
Old 2008-10-11, 03:21   Link #262
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
I'm liking this series so far....waiting for ep 2 is killing me!
Looking forward to episode 2.
It seems that JC Staff will being doing a good story change for once... By adding in Kuroko who should appears 2 volumes later, and Mikoto, who should never appear again for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
Thunder Girl here probably grew up knowing she had no peers because of her abilities.
Uha~!
I really want to say something, but I'll leave the anime to reveal it by itself... if it does.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-10-11, 03:25   Link #263
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
I like the lead. Not everyday I see someone making the very best of the "Power of Suck" .
"Power of Suck"? Go read Mx0 and see just how good that "Power of Suck" is .
Old 2008-10-11, 03:46   Link #264
elroid

let's hope for Mikoto's appearance during Himegami's story if JC is making changes in story.
Old 2008-10-11, 06:00   Link #265
Riful
Of The West

A certain magical Index seems to be turning into my favorite show this season. I would have never expected the first episode to be so much to my liking. Just hope JC Staff will keep up the good work, unfortunately I wasn't too found of most of their other novel adaptions so far o.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Geh... Before I knew it, the thread title changed to "To Aru" instead of "Toaru"... Even though "toaru (とある/と或る)" has an actual meaning, and the title means that and not "to (と)" AND "aru (ある)"...
Mmh, I don't really understand what you mean. Personally I prefer the spelling "to aru", for esthetic reasons. For the meaning "to" and "aru" go together as an expression, that's for sure, but grammatically speaking it is still the particle "to" and the verb "aru" (或る). So, I'm not sure what you mean, "the title means that and not to and aru" ^^; Any example of how the meaning could be any different?

Concerning the confusion about Toma's intentions of whom he wanted to save. It is really clear in the anime as well. I don't know the novels yet, but the whole "twist" of the scene was in that part and that already convinced me that this series would be above average.

Like most people, I completely fell for this. It is deliberately left open in the beginning, whom he wants to save - and most viewers will simply conclude that he wants to save the girl. But he only thinks "maaaybe I should help ...." (nothing about being a hero). Then on the bridge when Mikoto, whom the viewers believe to be an ordinary girl says "I cleaned them up already", the viewer is supposed to go "huh?". And then Toma kind of explains it to the viewer as well "yup, you got it, my intention actually wasn't to save her...".
The whole screaming about his misfortune is in fact, because he wanted to save one punk only ... not twenty. He probably wasn't planing to run away - or at least not chased by so many, but could have dealt with only one of them. I loved this scene, poor Toma gets chased by those he tried to save

Can't wait for the second episode ... but I'll probably pick up the novels anyway, won't be able to wait one week between every episode.

Last edited by Riful; 2008-10-11 at 06:11.
Old 2008-10-11, 06:20   Link #266
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
"Power of Suck"? Go read Mx0 and see just how good that "Power of Suck" is .
It has to be pretty epic if it can strip a magically enscrolled loli with a touch. The power is pretty well sucky for its effect on the owner though the result is beyond expectation. It's like a dispel, void field and and emp shockwave thrown together.
Old 2008-10-11, 10:45   Link #267
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
It has to be pretty epic if it can strip a magically enscrolled loli with a touch.
In fact, he should try this more often: do that badass "even if it's a miracle from the gods" pose from the manga, then shred some poor girl's clothes. Yay ero-master. Magical clothes are hard to come by, though, so he'll have to improvise.
Old 2008-10-11, 13:29   Link #268
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Now this is how you adapt a novel.
Spoiler for Ep 2:

Also have they announced who's Accelerator's VA is going to be?
Old 2008-10-11, 13:45   Link #269
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Heeheehee, wonder if JC Staff hates Toradora~ Index is going so well.

Spoiler for ep2:

@Sterling
Check the first two pages. It's listed somewhere.

I'm only copying what lots of people think, but the only thing I find bad about the ED is that it makes Index seem like the heroine.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2008-10-11 at 13:56. Reason: EDIT~ DOUBLE EDIT: TRIPLE EDIT_
Old 2008-10-11, 14:01   Link #270
rg4619

Every project is done under a different plan, so there's obviously no company-wide policy dictating how a show should be done.

After all, the faithfulness of J.C. Staff adaptations varies wildly from Kimikiss (virtually all new) to Honey & Clover (very faithful). Looking at their lineup, the liberties taken with adaptations go back several years, so it's hardly a new trend. They've never done something any one particular way.
Old 2008-10-11, 16:49   Link #271
SkoolRumble4Ya

I love this show this is definitely at the top of my list. The funny scene has got to be the loli teacher. Is she really a kid or she's just short?
Old 2008-10-11, 16:52   Link #272
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

I'm only copying what lots of people think, but the only thing I find bad about the ED is that it makes Index seem like the heroine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
Every project is done under a different plan, so there's obviously no company-wide policy dictating how a show should be done.

After all, the faithfulness of J.C. Staff adaptations varies wildly from Kimikiss (virtually all new) to Honey & Clover (very faithful). Looking at their lineup, the liberties taken with adaptations go back several years, so it's hardly a new trend. They've never done something any one particular way.

Besides Index's name is in the title. If she wasn't the heroine given how much moe brings in, I'd expect them to put her front and center.

Edit: That punch was very satisfying.

Last edited by orion; 2008-10-11 at 17:21.
Old 2008-10-11, 17:00   Link #273
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Besides Index's name is in the title. If she wasn't the heroine given how much moe brings in, I'd expect them to put her front and center.
Iiaa, it's a joke based on the novel's treatment of her. Well, it's not really a joke, should it... Well, Himegami got it worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
I love this show this is definitely at the top of my list. The funny scene has got to be the loli teacher. Is she really a kid or she's just short?
Short

On the way:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4844512

Index sings Tales of Phantasia's OP

...A new series called the "Tried to Sing on the Veranda series" seems to have started...

Old 2008-10-11, 20:21   Link #274
Mentar
Banned

Very, very, VERY good.

This is a wonderful conversion so far. And if the OP is any indication, getting to see (and hear! Shizuka Itou!) Kaori in action next episode will be a joy!
Old 2008-10-11, 23:50   Link #275
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
On the way:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4844512

Index sings Tales of Phantasia's OP

...A new series called the "Tried to Sing on the Veranda series" seems to have started...
Well...
Here's Touma singing Tales of the Abyss's OP.... now only if they added Accelerator to the video
Old 2008-10-11, 23:54   Link #276
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Spoiler for ep.2:

looking forward to the next episode..

edit: lol, nice vids. personally like the singing Jun in veranda

Last edited by Utau; 2008-10-12 at 00:12.
Old 2008-10-12, 00:16   Link #277
relentlessflame

*Administrator

The usual episode count FYI, since I don't see it covered elsewhere yet. Someone already mentioned that the show was going to be releasing simultaneously on Blu-Ray and DVD in Japan, but now the full solicitations are up on the usual places confirming that the series will feature 24 episodes (spread over 8 discs, whether Blu-Ray or DVD).
Old 2008-10-12, 00:49   Link #278
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
The usual episode count FYI, since I don't see it covered elsewhere yet. Someone already mentioned that the show was going to be releasing simultaneously on Blu-Ray and DVD in Japan, but now the full solicitations are up on the usual places confirming that the series will feature 24 episodes (spread over 8 discs, whether Blu-Ray or DVD).
As expected, considering the number of episodes.
I guess the OP (Mami again?) will change half-way then... (and the ED too)

Guess that means that at least Last Order and the others will be making their appearance...
Misaka ha Misaka ha Misaka ha Misaka ha Misaka ha Misaka ha Misaka ha Misaka ha Misaka ha Misaka ha Misaka ha Misaka ha Misaka ha

Maybe they'll use some of the episodes for the Railgun manga events...? Since Ruiko appeared in the OP... No go? (´・ω・`)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Well...
Here's Touma singing Tales of the Abyss's OP.... now only if they added Accelerator to the video

From the veranda person!
Hilarious.

Accelerator singing!!? ...That'd be too hilarious in various ways. Mah, I'm sure that once he gets an appearance to use, he'll get his own singing video... *shiver*

Old 2008-10-12, 01:22   Link #279
ramlaen

about episode 2

Spoiler:
Old 2008-10-12, 02:15   Link #280
kaosmos

Hurray for awesome MC!

Spoiler for episode 2:
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, science fiction, shounen