AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Monster

Notices

View Poll Results: What rating would u give it?
0/10 4 1.67%
1/10 1 0.42%
2/10 1 0.42%
3/10 0 0%
4/10 1 0.42%
5/10 2 0.83%
6/10 4 1.67%
7/10 17 7.08%
8/10 - 9/10 31 12.92%
9/10 - 10/10 (one piece/Naruto/Fma level) 179 74.58%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-16, 09:49   Link #21
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
I think it is far too early to rate the anime solely on its own limits.

If (and that is a very significant if) the anime production is at least 90% faithful to the manga, I would say it would definitely be one of the best anime series in Japan for a long time.

That would be until 20th Century Boys get its own anime series...
You my friend, have very good taste.

///_^

And also, I know it's a bit too early to rate Monster but so far it's being pretty faithful to the Manga and seem to be adapting it very well. I based my score on the notion that the anime will follow the Manga faithfully to the very end.
Old 2004-05-16, 14:51   Link #22
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request

I don't know why you had to put the (one piece/FMA/Naruto) at the 10/10 there! With criteria like that I can't rate it. If Naruto is a 9, one piece would get 10, fma a 12 and monster a 14. ;p So I choose other.
Old 2004-05-16, 21:23   Link #23
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I say it's stil too early to rate this too. ^^

Rating can change if it get better or worse per episodes, I cannot say yet, specially this is projected to be 75+ episodes, and it just only been 6 episodes so far. ^^
Old 2004-05-17, 07:10   Link #24
R.S

Send a message via Yahoo to R.S
Its Good ^^
Old 2004-05-20, 23:52   Link #25
Cort
What???

Send a message via ICQ to Cort
It's pretty good. Not really one of those things that I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the next episode...but I'm never really like that for any anime. I think it is up there with or beyond Naruto, but it focuses a lot on plot with very little action, so it is in a completely different genre in my opinion.
Old 2004-05-22, 11:12   Link #26
PiePants

Why would you compare this anime to Naruto? How are you comparing it? I can't begin to see how you compare a horror/drama with an martial arts/action anime. Character development and plot-wise Monster will probably blow Naruto away (though that might remain to be seen, while at the same time I'm not holding my breath either).

I'm really hesitant to read the manga, as it will affect my enjoyment of the anime. For those of you who have read the manga already, what effect if any does it have on the anime watching experience?

BTW the consistent 9-10 votes is really motivating me to look forward to the upcoming anime episodes
Old 2004-05-22, 15:40   Link #27
avmoghe

I just saw episode 6, and all I can say is "wow!" My respect for this anime is increasing every episode.

No pointless filler, no idiotic "comedic-relief" that detracts from the plot, no silliness, realistic characters... I could go on for a while.

This series has more plot development in its six episodes than something like Naruto had in its entire first arc. This show is already far, far better than Naruto.

If it keeps going this way, it might very well take over my "best ongoing anime" spot from FMA.

Expecting great things from this one. I have not found a single aspect of the show to complain about in this anime yet, and that has never happened before... ever. Even FMA (ongoing anime favorite), and hxh (all time favorite) had flaws I could find.. especially in the early episodes.

So, for the first six episodes, I can only give a 10 out of 10. I really hate giving such a high rating... but I simply cannot find anything to complain about.

I am definitely not going to read the manga. I would like to enjoy the anime to the fullest. Reading the manga would ruin the anime.
Old 2004-05-22, 21:07   Link #28
weyoun6
Romanji is evil

Send a message via ICQ to weyoun6
I rated it a 9 after 6 episodes. I wish the Naruto/OP/FMA were not there ( I hate Naruto, and havent seen OP), but I wouldnt have voted 10, since I only give 10s to completed series, and then only rarely. But monster is quite quite good. It has the potential to be a 10.
Old 2004-05-23, 14:54   Link #29
ace firefist
Kerazy.com Editor

Send a message via MSN to ace firefist
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by avmoghe
I just saw episode 6, and all I can say is "wow!" My respect for this anime is increasing every episode.

No pointless filler, no idiotic "comedic-relief" that detracts from the plot, no silliness, realistic characters... I could go on for a while.

This series has more plot development in its six episodes than something like Naruto had in its entire first arc. This show is already far, far better than Naruto.

If it keeps going this way, it might very well take over my "best ongoing anime" spot from FMA.

Expecting great things from this one. I have not found a single aspect of the show to complain about in this anime yet, and that has never happened before... ever. Even FMA (ongoing anime favorite), and hxh (all time favorite) had flaws I could find.. especially in the early episodes.

So, for the first six episodes, I can only give a 10 out of 10. I really hate giving such a high rating... but I simply cannot find anything to complain about.

I am definitely not going to read the manga. I would like to enjoy the anime to the fullest. Reading the manga would ruin the anime.

mmm..........
HxH One of my most favourite anime.
Ps.I didn't know monster was a thriller.
Berserk is pretty good but a bit to "roar".
Old 2004-05-23, 15:16   Link #30
avmoghe

Monster looks to be a thriller/mystery/suspence type anime. Given the title of "Monster" I was skeptical, expecting monsters and all kinds of supernatural phenomena. I'm assured by the manga readers that this is not so.

yup hxh is my fav anime as of yet. Even that show, I had a few complaints about (primarily the slow beginning and a few minor things).

With this show, I really cannot find a single thing to complain about.... If it stays that way, it may very well take over the fav spot from hxh

Berserk was pretty good.... I just didn't like the ending much... too abrupt I thought
Old 2004-05-23, 16:30   Link #31
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request

Is anyone gonna change the poll?? Mainly the (Fma/One Piece/Naruto level) part?? :P Or at least add a 10+ option lol
Old 2004-05-26, 09:15   Link #32
Tezuka_Zone

I've only watched two eps so far but I must admit I really like what I've seen. It seems as if people are really liking the manga so I think I'll download that as well. I'm going to reserve judgement on this anime, but I've got to tell you, if the first two eps were any indication of how good the rest of the series is going to be then it just might become my favorite anime. So you might just see me on here, if not today, then definitely tomorrow giving this anime a high rating. However at this point and time I don't see myself giving it anything less than a 7.
Old 2004-05-30, 18:52   Link #33
Ero-Sannin

Send a message via MSN to Ero-Sannin
Yah they should remove the OP/ NAruto / FMA comparison...

Monster is one of the most incredibly uinque anime I have ever seen, its really good, but you can't compare it to anime like OP..

And guys dont start arguments on this anime is better that piece o crap anime..
Old 2004-05-30, 23:48   Link #34
elmoisfat

It's too early to rate yet, now i just hope anime will look up to its manga. But the option "9/10 - 10/10 (one piece/Naruto/Fma level)" REALLY made me feel like eating a mouthful of flies.....how would these filler-ridden (well maybe not fma) slow developing anime ever earn a 10/10......
Old 2004-05-31, 04:24   Link #35
Ri_
mangaworm

Yeah, I really wouldn't compare the One Piece anime to Monster.... I mean, the OP manga is genius, just top, but the anime... bleh, it's entertaining enough, but with what pulling fights long making them boring and messing up some of the characters~ ¬_¬ (I actually like some of the filler eps there, though, they tend to be fun, but enough on this subject now)

Personally Monster is my absolute favorite series, but although I too see it as a masterpiece I give it a 9/10... both manga and anime. The anime is good, but quality-wise it could be better (because I demand DA BEST for anything Urasawa), and I really don't like those 3D animated bits, I must always stifle a laugh whenever I see that tram in the opening sequence. Looks so cheap. Would be a lot more fitting were Monster a SciFi story. As for the manga, (End of Monster spoiler there)
Spoiler:

Last edited by Ri_; 2004-05-31 at 04:37.
Old 2004-06-03, 07:32   Link #36
ace firefist
Kerazy.com Editor

Send a message via MSN to ace firefist
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ri_
Yeah, I really wouldn't compare the One Piece anime to Monster.... I mean, the OP manga is genius, just top, but the anime... bleh, it's entertaining enough, but with what pulling fights long making them boring and messing up some of the characters~ ¬_¬ (I actually like some of the filler eps there, though, they tend to be fun, but enough on this subject now)

Personally Monster is my absolute favorite series, but although I too see it as a masterpiece I give it a 9/10... both manga and anime. The anime is good, but quality-wise it could be better (because I demand DA BEST for anything Urasawa), and I really don't like those 3D animated bits, I must always stifle a laugh whenever I see that tram in the opening sequence. Looks so cheap. Would be a lot more fitting were Monster a SciFi story. As for the manga, (End of Monster spoiler there)
Spoiler:
The monster manga is FINISHED,to tell you the truth i like animes like grappler baki,fma,op,naruto,chro crusade,get backers etc..
=====================================
but i also like great teacher onizuka(really good)hajime no ippo,prince of tennis,
berserk etc..
Old 2004-06-03, 12:51   Link #37
Ri_
mangaworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace firefist
The monster manga is FINISHED
I didn't suggest anything other than that...

Oh, as for calling Monster a thriller; I've gotten quite attached to categorize it as noir.
Old 2004-06-14, 05:00   Link #38
Crowley
A-Kraze QCer

I was reluctant to choose 10/10 since that apparently puts it in league with Naruto....
Old 2004-06-14, 06:12   Link #39
Icer

10/10 based on the manga, so far the anime has been just as good. If it continues that way, it should keep the 10 I give it.
Old 2004-06-14, 10:54   Link #40
Joe Dalton

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka
Um, I would say it's beyond the level of OP/FMA/Naruto. That's not to say those series are bad, because they're all good series, but they're not in the same class as Monster, to put it bluntly.
Its behond Naruto, but both fma and op are better. FMA has much better characters and story, and OP is just far more entertaining to watch, the monster story is not verry interesting so far... And the characters are all pretty cliche.
For instance if he had saved the mayor it would have gotten the hospital more money thus better staff and equipment resulting in saving more lives... he was just selfish but the anime put it as a moral highground. It's been verry predictable and shortsighted so far but still entertaining.

However in my opinion naruto doesnt really fit in this list of animes
Closed Thread