AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2004-08-15, 15:18   Link #21
mikeohara
Head Dude

Send a message via ICQ to mikeohara Send a message via AIM to mikeohara Send a message via MSN to mikeohara Send a message via Yahoo to mikeohara
watched ep. 1 this morning ... can't wait for the other parts to come out ... oh, and I was surprised that the theme Kumi Koda made for the live action movie was used.

mikeohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-15, 18:53   Link #22
Imazul

People who dont like Cutie Honey must have a short fuse or something, its one of whT I like to call: The Big Bad Four of anime.
In other words,an anime that changed how people saw anime when it first hit (another one would be Gundam that radicaly change the age-range of anime when the first serie came out), not forgeting that Cutie Honey is hilarious and the mother of all fanservice.
Imazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-15, 19:27   Link #23
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwenn
The original Cutie Honey anime series were all serious ecchi, so no surprise there. I like the style of this new series, looks cool.
Obviously you've never seen the Cutey Honey F TV series! It's shoujo and absolutely isn't ecchi.

Cutey Honey series before re:Cutie Honey:

Cutey Honey original TV series (1970's):
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=DSTD-2243

Shin Cutey Honey OVAs (released in the USA by ADV):
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=DSTD-2245

Cutey Honey F TV series (1997):
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=DSTD-6624
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=DSTD-6625
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=DSTD-6626
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=DSTD-6627
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=DSTD-2355

I wish someone would finish the Cutey Honey F fansubs. Sachi did 24 episodes and someone did the "movie", but there're quite a lot more episodes to be done.

CHF's ending theme is a favorite of mine, btw.

Cutey Honey F:

Last edited by kuru; 2004-08-15 at 19:41.
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 00:53   Link #24
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeohara
watched ep. 1 this morning ... can't wait for the other parts to come out ... oh, and I was surprised that the theme Kumi Koda made for the live action movie was used.

Not certain, but I think you might be missing something.

I thought that it was interesting that Koda Kumi sang the opening theme for the episodes, but Koda Kumi didn't create that theme and it wasn't original to either this episode or to the live action movie. This OP song was the original OP to the original TV series, the OVA series that followed it and the Cutie Honey Flash TV series. Koda Kumi is the fourth female singer to perform this song for Cutie Honey. The only unusual thing is that she performs it for the 2004 OVA series as well as the movie.

If this isn't news to you, then I appologize and I hope that this post at least manages to inform someone else.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 03:33   Link #25
Pai
ハガレン fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momiji74
I don't watch an anime to see a skilled director.
I agree with you
I prefer another kind of anime to watch.
It's a "personal taste"...
Old 2004-08-16, 09:39   Link #26
Momiji74
Useless Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imazul
People who dont like Cutie Honey must have a short fuse or something, its one of whT I like to call: The Big Bad Four of anime.
In other words,an anime that changed how people saw anime when it first hit (another one would be Gundam that radicaly change the age-range of anime when the first serie came out), not forgeting that Cutie Honey is hilarious and the mother of all fanservice.
This doesn't matter for me.
I don't want to watch an anime that radicaly change the age-range of anime, I only want an anime with a bit more plot behind... (I love Gundam btw)
(my english is baaaad)
I've searched this things in a wrong place, I was wrong to do it...
Momiji74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 08:10   Link #27
Ialdaboth

I watched the first episode raw, and i loved it. ^^

lots of 70s fun, psychedelic, catchy music, something like what a cross between FLCL (heaviest influence), The Powerpuff Girls, the original Cutey Honey TV series and a pinch of South Park should look like. I had high hopes for this title thanks to the trailer, and i haven't been disapointed at all. Much better than the bad and boring 1994 OAV series.

And i didn't think there was *that much* fan-service in it. It's Cutey Honey, after all, not the latest Nippon Animation title. ^^

3 episodes is way too short... T_T
I hope the quality will stay at the same high level.

Last edited by Ialdaboth; 2004-08-24 at 14:56.
Ialdaboth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 11:00   Link #28
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

WOW!!! This all I can say after watching the first episode. This is simply CRAZY!!!! The whole thing is PSYCHOTIC!!!! Crazy action, crazy fan-service, crazy comedy. This is definitely one of most hot-blooded and nose-bleeding thing ever XD

Sure there seems to be no plot, but so do Hareguu and Excel Saga. Anyway imo a must-watch if you love crazy stuff

Heaven's Star! Earth's Flower! People's Love! Love's Warrior!
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 21:30   Link #29
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Anyone have any idea when the ost will come out? Love the music here and Nat-chan's battle theme+ED are outstanding
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 01:39   Link #30
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Aside from the OP I really don't like the music. Fortunately Koda Kumi did an awesome version of the opening theme. Unfortunately I don't approve of the rest since it sounds like a remixed Kare Kano soundtrack.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-08-18, 05:32   Link #31
Fried Rice

Music was good...

Gave me chills seeing Detective Babe walk in sequence toward the bad guys in slowmo. Nice musci. Cutie is hot. Funny for the most part. I do have to say just one thing. 3 ep. is all I can take. But I like it nonetheless.

Fried Rice keeps me alive.
Fried Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 06:30   Link #32
Ialdaboth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fried Rice
Gave me chills seeing Detective Babe walk in sequence toward the bad guys in slowmo.
Tarantino-like sequence for Nat-chan. Woo-hoo !
Old 2004-08-18, 13:14   Link #33
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Loved it, just got one scene that I'm either a little confused by or maybe I got it and just couldn't believe I was seeing it.

Spoiler:
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 14:16   Link #34
Ialdaboth

My guess : it's a very graphical representation of how much Honey piss her boss (and her corworkers) off.
Old 2004-08-18, 16:48   Link #35
nchan

was this anime licenced yet? I don't see it in animesuki series page anymore.
nchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 17:31   Link #36
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchan
was this anime licenced yet? I don't see it in animesuki series page anymore.
Then you didn't look very hard. If you ever want to know if a show was recently licensed you should check out our License Database.

As for the anime it is still hanging around at: Re: Cutie Honey

Old 2004-08-18, 21:02   Link #37
mikeohara
Head Dude

Send a message via ICQ to mikeohara Send a message via AIM to mikeohara Send a message via MSN to mikeohara Send a message via Yahoo to mikeohara
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Not certain, but I think you might be missing something.

I thought that it was interesting that Koda Kumi sang the opening theme for the episodes, but Koda Kumi didn't create that theme and it wasn't original to either this episode or to the live action movie. This OP song was the original OP to the original TV series, the OVA series that followed it and the Cutie Honey Flash TV series. Koda Kumi is the fourth female singer to perform this song for Cutie Honey. The only unusual thing is that she performs it for the 2004 OVA series as well as the movie.

If this isn't news to you, then I appologize and I hope that this post at least manages to inform someone else.

Indeed, I have been a wee bit lacking on my anime history as of late ... thanks.
mikeohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 14:33   Link #38
Hatter
Never Knows Best

Just so you guys know, Anno was only the general director on this series. Each of the three episodes has their own director. Episode One's director worked on FLCL and Dead Leaves.
Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 16:44   Link #39
xentron
Typesetter

damn, i like the ova already!
And i haven't even seen the original series.
Maybe i can find a torrent somewhere o.o
xentron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 17:21   Link #40
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter
Just so you guys know, Anno was only the general director on this series. Each of the three episodes has their own director. Episode One's director worked on FLCL and Dead Leaves.
The FLCL influence definitely shows although I never saw Dead Leaves. This news makes me worry that the episodes will lack a cohesive atmosphere. If each director has their own feel for the subject matter... well, I'll just have to hope that Anno rides them hard.