AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-25, 13:10   Link #10681
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Another important thing to consider is why Mikoto was chosen for the DNA sample. She's the case of a Level 1 raising up to Level 5 through sheer efforts, and this was most likely a factor in having her be the sample. Since one cannot be sure that a natural born Level 5 would still be a Level 5 when cloned, the scientists opted for getting a sample from Mikoto, so that there could be training if needed.

So basically, we have to look at why the DNA sample was taken in the firs place, to understand why the Mikoto Sisters were used for the project (in addition to Radio Noise).
The cake is a lie. It wasn't because of sheer effort but because the materials used on her development were cheap and because the brainwaves can create a mental network to spread AIM field around the world. She is a good publicity for low level espers and newcomers to AC.
Old 2011-05-25, 13:26   Link #10682
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
-- Which reminds me, I have no idea of how much a can of juice cost in japan, so I don't get the 2000 yen joke.

--- Which reminds me, I have absolutely no idea of what the Curtana Original looks like.
well, I'm not sure about the cost of juice, but I'm pretty sure its equivalent to giving someone a tenner for a can of coke.

I imagine it looks like this:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/im...ex_v17_001.jpg
Old 2011-05-25, 14:26   Link #10683
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
well, I'm not sure about the cost of juice, but I'm pretty sure its equivalent to giving someone a tenner for a can of coke.

I imagine it looks like this:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/im...ex_v17_001.jpg
There says curtana second. I can't remember right now if Curtana Original was supposed to look the same as the Curtana Second; but if so that would explain why there is no artwork at all about the original. Or does Kamachi expect us to just look at the actual existent Curtana and use our imaginations based on that?
Old 2011-05-25, 15:20   Link #10684
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Another important thing to consider is why Mikoto was chosen for the DNA sample. She's the case of a Level 1 raising up to Level 5 through sheer efforts, and this was most likely a factor in having her be the sample. Since one cannot be sure that a natural born Level 5 would still be a Level 5 when cloned, the scientists opted for getting a sample from Mikoto, so that there could be training if needed.

So basically, we have to look at why the DNA sample was taken in the firs place, to understand why the Mikoto Sisters were used for the project (in addition to Radio Noise).
I think the main reason why Mikoto was chosen for DNA sample is the fact that her power can be used to create the Network and thus her clones are far more useful as well as cheaper for mass production.
Old 2011-05-25, 16:53   Link #10685
Breidaluk

http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com...hokuhou_Misaki

The queen of tokiwadai appears for the first time.
Old 2011-05-25, 16:56   Link #10686
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
There says curtana second. I can't remember right now if Curtana Original was supposed to look the same as the Curtana Second; but if so that would explain why there is no artwork at all about the original. Or does Kamachi expect us to just look at the actual existent Curtana and use our imaginations based on that?
Curtana Second is just a replica of Curtana Original it obviously has to have the same look .
Old 2011-05-25, 19:11   Link #10687
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Curtana Second is just a replica of Curtana Original it obviously has to have the same look .
So, if Index walking church is meant to replicate the defensive mechanism of any high level chapel, does that means that she is walking around cosplaying as a cathedral? No. It can be a different.

I know that we might very had that the same Curtanas might look the same, but since second one was created after the first one was lost, I assumed that there it might be some differences between them, that's pretty much all; they were trying to imitate the functions of the Curtana, so something might have needed to be different here and there or something?.

Changing topic, after some temporary cache problems baka tsuki updated and now has the complete chapter 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comic relief character

(…What’s all this crap about me being the guy who defeated a Level 5 or being the guy who defeated the #4 all on his own? All I did was get full of myself over a fluke. It was meaningless. I’m the same Hamazura Shiage that I’ve always been. I didn’t get any convenient dramatic change from that one event.)
After that realization, I think that I have a better sense of respect for Hamazura.
Old 2011-05-25, 19:18   Link #10688
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Toaru protagonists tend to undermine their accomplishments

Touma - “Does a Level 0 like me really seem that incredible?!"

Accelerator - "I'm just not fit to be a hero."

Shiage - "A supporting character like me is unable to finish everything like a hero!"
Old 2011-05-25, 20:33   Link #10689
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
So, if Index walking church is meant to replicate the defensive mechanism of any high level chapel, does that means that she is walking around cosplaying as a cathedral? No. It can be a different.
No, she said it was a replica of the Holy Mantle of Turin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Toaru protagonists tend to undermine their accomplishments

Touma - “Does a Level 0 like me really seem that incredible?!"

Accelerator - "I'm just not fit to be a hero."

Shiage - "A supporting character like me is unable to finish everything like a hero!"
Humility, is the quality that our series heroes have and makes them special.

EDIT: About Lessar and Touma... lets just say the author leaves that scene open to the reader interpretation.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-05-25 at 22:02.
Old 2011-05-25, 22:34   Link #10690
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Ah, by the way, can the editors for Nmaster999 please kindly note some common errors on the discussion page of the chapters? This is for the translator to learn so that he can work on his English. Thanks in advance.

Also, I will greatly appreciate it if you can do that for my chapters as well.
Old 2011-05-25, 22:45   Link #10691
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com...hokuhou_Misaki

The queen of tokiwadai appears for the first time.
Wow... I'm... incredibly disappointed...
Old 2011-05-25, 23:01   Link #10692
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Wow... I'm... incredibly disappointed...
Err.... why?

Quote:
Kamijou Touma first references her during the Volume 1 Chapter 3 Part 4. While trying to convince Kanzaki Kaori to let Academy City help Index, he tells her that there's a Level 5 at Tokiwadai that could extract people's memories by just touching them.
Hint 1: Touma used to know the 5th level 5.
Hint 2: Mental Out's execution seems to need to touch in order to work.
Old 2011-05-25, 23:05   Link #10693
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Err.... why?
I was expecting something quite different...
Old 2011-05-25, 23:08   Link #10694
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I was expecting something quite different...
You mean her looking?
Well... yeah... to be honest I didn't expected much from that artist nor the character looking itself, actually I'm more interested on her personality and probable past (linked with Touma maybe?) AND I demand to see her on Haimura Kiyotaka's style .
Old 2011-05-25, 23:11   Link #10695
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

So we have Miss (Food-eating bee) (Manipulator and implorer). Honestly, the first time I saw her name, I thought she would look like Kirishima Shouko.

Well, who knows what happens if Kiyotaka Haimura decides to draw her with Oriana's figure...
Old 2011-05-25, 23:15   Link #10696
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@wilfriback

Not necessary, my impression is that everybody more or less knows all the level 5s to some degree, except for the number 6, just because we as viewers have never seen her, doesnt mean nobody else have seen her.

We all had wrong ideas about her because of rumors that others create, not because of anything concrete.

@teh ping

is it because of the 'shouko' in her name? same here
Old 2011-05-25, 23:25   Link #10697
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

God better help Touma if she has the same personality.

Speaking of which, seeing how they finally released her identity now, I'm guessing she'll appear in NT soon...
Old 2011-05-25, 23:26   Link #10698
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
So we have Miss (Food-eating bee) (Manipulator and implorer). Honestly, the first time I saw her name, I thought she would look like Kirishima Shouko.
Quote:
Speaking of which, seeing how they finally released her identity now, I'm guessing she'll appear in NT soon...
Aw crap, I pity the guy who becomes her victim D:... Touma? Shiage? I don't think about Accelerator being pwned by mental powers otherwise it would have been used by the higher ups a long time ago.

Quote:
Well, who knows what happens if Kiyotaka Haimura decides to draw her with Oriana's figure...
*Don't compute*
*The results of the search doesn't match*
*mindblow*

Quote:
Not necessary, my impression is that everybody more or less knows all the level 5s to some degree, except for the number 6, just because we as viewers have never seen her, doesnt mean nobody else have seen her.
You're missing the fact is Touma the one we are talking about .

Quote:
We all had wrong ideas about her because of rumors that others create, not because of anything concrete.
Mmm... I didn't > .
Old 2011-05-25, 23:51   Link #10699
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

point taken, any girl that Touma knows is....

but my speculation?

Mikoto - Touma
Mugino - Shiage

Therefore its natural to assume that as the last Level 5 girl,

Misaki - Accelerator

...Maybe she likes the bad boys...
Old 2011-05-26, 00:01   Link #10700
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Oi, don't jinx it! We still don't know who the no 6 is. (Though very likely to be incho-san.)
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen