AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2004-11-19, 23:40   Link #41
Nishi`Joichiro
Last Survivor

The fans that started the fight are garbage,i hope some of them will face some jail time

EDIT: Also LMFAO@ the fat guy who got knocked down cold by O' Neal.

Last edited by Nishi`Joichiro; 2004-11-20 at 00:09.
Nishi`Joichiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 00:07   Link #42
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishi`Joichiro
The fans that started the fight are garbage,i hope some of them will face some jail time

EDIT: Also LMFAO@ the fat guy who got knocked down cold by jackson.
O' Neal knocked that fat fuck out with one solid puch. Damn Pacers rule!

I'm going to go get me an Artest jersey tommorow!

Last edited by aahhsin; 2004-11-20 at 00:25.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 00:22   Link #43
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishi`Joichiro
Piston fans are worse than yankee fans during the Nl championship
I corrected it for ya.

Too bad the stupid acts of little will ruin the rep of an entire city, but hey, I didn't see a single fan who tried to stop the idiots, so too bad for the city of Detroit.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 00:25   Link #44
SlugZilla
woofles

Ben Wallace over-reacted on that play... I thought he was better than that.

And those fans on the balcony all pouring beer on the Pacers disgusted me.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 01:11   Link #45
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!

Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
I started watching basketball and a hockey game broke out.

Pretty pitiful,
Sakaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 01:19   Link #46
Green²
It's bacon!

Link> http://www.wtnh.com/Global/story.asp?S=2592866
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 01:43   Link #47
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green²
rofl. they should give the game to the visitors for disorderly conduct.

but it seems like they will win anyway.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 01:57   Link #48
Thelastguardian

this one is better XD

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...pacers_pistons

W00t the hockey fever is starting to infect everyone! Hurray for the Canadians!!! XD

I think, all (right/wrong etc) aside, this is one of the most amusing news of this week
And, gosh, if it is me I wouldn't go into a crowd of lsd doped "insugents" and punch everyone. But thats just me. Sort of reminds me of marines stomping into Fallujah.

Last edited by Thelastguardian; 2004-11-20 at 02:08.
Thelastguardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 02:07   Link #49
Mr. Shabaz
Lazy Member

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shabaz
Well, here come the law suits. You just know fans at the game who were and weren't directly involved will try sue for some NBA money. Those involved should be dealt with in other ways, but I can't say I entirely blame the fans bringing their kids to the game and such. To be put in that type of danger at a sports event is inexusable. I know in baseball you can't buy alcohol after the 6th(maybe it's the 7th) inning. So if something like that isn't already in place in the NBA, it will be.

As for Ron Artest, he may not have done the right thing, but I think any one else in his situation would have done the same. He was heated enough as it was from the fouls. As for his teammates, they were just trying to protect him and I can't really blame them either.
Mr. Shabaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 02:12   Link #50
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Staples Center has watered down beer and after the 3rd quarter stops selling alcohol.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 02:55   Link #51
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shabaz
As for Ron Artest, he may not have done the right thing, but I think any one else in his situation would have done the same. He was heated enough as it was from the fouls. As for his teammates, they were just trying to protect him and I can't really blame them either.
Gimme a break. Artest is a proven menace. He trashed a $100K TV camera just about 2 years ago. Just this year came the weird "joke" nobody got about wanting to go promote a record, which led to him getting a "rest" for two games. He's the one who did the hatchet job on Ben Wallace which led to this whole thing. How does that justify assaulting spectators?

I can't see many people finding themselves in this guy's "situation" in the first place, or doing the things he seems to see fit to do when he gets there.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 03:08   Link #52
Green²
It's bacon!

Video Real media: http://www.santoalt.com/pacers_pistons_fight.php
Old 2004-11-20, 03:32   Link #53
Bullsquat
Strange Love

I hope you just saw tonight's disgraceful event at the Palace of Auburn Hills basketball fans, and you will see what is really wrong with this league. I'm guessing another million fans will be tuning out of the NBA after the shocking incident. I know I wouldn't want my kids to consider such barbaric so called 'athletes' to be their role models.
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 07:45   Link #54
Green²
It's bacon!

ESPN just had a short review of the incident. I must say that this was the most saddest thing in sports that I've seen in a long time. And those fans as well as those players involved should be severely punished for this.
Old 2004-11-20, 14:39   Link #55
Nishi`Joichiro
Last Survivor

http://students.washington.edu/tkz/Fight.avi another video.
Nishi`Joichiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 17:36   Link #56
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

And you wonder why the American basketball team has been losing World Championships and Olympic basketball recently.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 18:06   Link #57
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
And you wonder why the American basketball team has been losing World Championships and Olympic basketball recently.
I'd say its actually because the NBA's rules are more lax than those of the international sporting events. To allow for more interesting games the NBA allows more travelling, double dribbling and other things for the players. When these players enter the international events, where the rules are strictly enforced, they get whipped because they're not used to actually following the rules.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 18:42   Link #58
ChainLegacy
廉頗

That also has quite a bit to do with the fact that our best players never participate
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 00:52   Link #59
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
I hope you just saw tonight's disgraceful event at the Palace of Auburn Hills basketball fans, and you will see what is really wrong with this league. I'm guessing another million fans will be tuning out of the NBA after the shocking incident. I know I wouldn't want my kids to consider such barbaric so called 'athletes' to be their role models.
Barbaric? *thinks of hockey, wrestling, and tons of other sports... And you are only blaming the athletes? The fans wouldn't have been involved at all if it hadn't been for them throwing cans and bottles in the players faces.

If you were in a fight. Then it was broken up by someone. While you're walking away and you get hit with a rock in the face by someone jeering at you. What would you do?
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 13:05   Link #60
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
I'd say its actually because the NBA's rules are more lax than those of the international sporting events. To allow for more interesting games the NBA allows more travelling, double dribbling and other things for the players. When these players enter the international events, where the rules are strictly enforced, they get whipped because they're not used to actually following the rules.
The other thing is the lack of guys who shoot the medium-range jumper.

I like how this fight got turned into a spectacle (just like the Janet Jackson thing). It's pretty cynical to show the "action" over and over and pretend that saying "OMG, this is wrong" equals news coverage. If the media really cared about rights and wrongs they would have gone to a commercial break instead of running it live.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote