AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-12, 05:06   Link #461
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

An epilogue which only was written for all Saber fans who complained about her ending.
Old 2012-06-12, 05:26   Link #462
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami_Haru View Post
An epilogue which only was written for all Saber fans who complained about her ending.
And ? It's an official epilogue that you only get if you end the three different routes.
Old 2012-06-12, 05:30   Link #463
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
And ? It's an official epilogue that you only get if you end the three different routes.
Is it connected to the Fate route or do you access it through the mainmenu?

P.S. I know only the PS2 version has it and the PC version if you use a patch.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2012-06-12 at 12:39.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 07:19   Link #464
GDB

Quote:
For me the true route is Fate. Why ? Because it's the only route who got an epilogue.
Heaven's Feel has an epilogue. It cuts to 2 years later. UBW kind of does as well, it's just told from the perspective of Archer and done in a more vague, narrated way.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 10:48   Link #465
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
TBF it was simply tagged on rather than being part of the original point of the story it wasn't part of the original game. So saying it's the main route because of it doesn't really make sense. In fact it's probably the least likely to be the main route considering the majority of Shirou's and pretty much everyones else's character development wasn't really in it. It was pretty much soley Saber development.

Besides as much as I dislike it HF was the most likely to be the main route considering F/HA takes part in that route.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 11:24   Link #466
Thess

Quote:
For me the true route is Fate. Why ? Because it's the only route who got an epilogue.
That's just a good ending (Nasu stated since HA he wanted to write a Saber Good End) which doesn't exist in the original PC game. It's Realta Nua-only. And RN butchers the story presented in Fate/Zero, so... it's not really fitting to the canon. You're mixing fanmade RN patch with the PC version and RN version. You can't. They are two different products (even presented in two different CMs).

Anyway, Shirou reaches to the same conclusion of HF: the one you love > everyone else. That's how he met Saber again, by chasing after her all the time.

As everyone else said, Fate was the only route lacking an epilogue. HF had one two years later. UBW sorta had one with Archer? Fate didn't. Nasu tacked it after you complete the game because Fate Shirou ditching everything after he wasn't showed so affected by Saber's loss in the route wouldn't have made sense without the answer he discovered in HF eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Uh, he quite clearly gives his answer to Rin "No matter what, wanting to protect others can never be wrong." Then he gets faced with the worst possible end result of the path he will be following, but still maintains his resolve and claims he won't let regret overcome him and make him stray from his path like it did Archer.

I realize you find Kiritsugu's ideal to be abominable, but do you really believe he would be unhappy with how Shirou turned out in UBW (which was all I was even saying in that post you quoted)?

Shirou in the UBW True End says aloud he doesn't have an answer yet. I suggest you to re-read it. Tiger Dojo spells aloud that neither Fate or UBW weren't supposed to be given answers for the life Shirou should lead.

HF does. Last Episode is basically the same answer of HF only applied to a different heroine. Borrowed ideals are nice and all, but between saving strangers forever and chasing after the one I love to see her smile? The later, please. UBW Shirou would have eventually figure out the same if he had to choose between Rin and faceless masses. There weren't situations in UBW where he was truly tested in this way.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 11:29   Link #467
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Besides as much as I dislike it HF was the most likely to be the main route considering F/HA takes part in that route.
No it doesn't. HF takes place in an undisclosed route that we never saw. There are vital differences that don't allow it to be a continuation of HF.
Old 2012-06-12, 11:42   Link #468
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
F/HA doesn't take place after any of the three routes.

Anyway, this discussion is dumb. There isn't a 'true' route, since they are all canon.

In terms of what would fit as F/Z anime sequel, HF would more because in terms of atmosphere and overall themes that are addressed, likewise it has a sound conclusion in most plot threads. As for Saber... outcome. You'll see what's foreshadowed come next episodes.

Dark Sakura is foreshadowed thanks to Dark Iri.

Fate comes second. Unfortunately, they gloss over Gilgamesh's characterization into dull antagonist for a love interest. HF Gilgamesh is the one who comes closer characterization wise to his Zero persona. He's cut short, but this can remedy with some tweaks (remove slice of life and add more Gilgamesh).

UBW is almost too disconnected from Fate/Zero narrative. It's great but just not fitting for F/Z continuation.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-06-12, 11:58   Link #469
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
UBW is almost too disconnected from Fate/Zero narrative. It's great but just not fitting for F/Z continuation.
All they'd need to do is tweak it to focus more on the "ally of justice" theme, and give Saber some more closure at the end (she gets it in the VN, though it'd still be nice to expand on it).

Even so, I still agree HF is the closest to it in terms of atmosphere.
Old 2012-06-12, 12:03   Link #470
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

UBW still fits, it's Kiritsugu's salvation.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 12:05   Link #471
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
UBW still fits, it's Kiritsugu's salvation.
Not really...? That's HF (aka the only route where Kiritsugu's real nature and conflict was present). Fate if you stretch it and add more about how Shirou was reunited with Saber.

You'll see when you reach the epilogue of FZ why UBW completely disregards Kiritsugu.

Old 2012-06-12, 12:09   Link #472
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Well, Archer is a pretty good stand in for Kiritsugu and his fate.

Archer gets his belief in the nobility of the ideal renewed, and Shirou doesn't lose faith in the face of the hardship ahead.
Old 2012-06-12, 12:11   Link #473
Thess

Quote:
Well, Archer is a pretty good stand in for Kiritsugu and his fate.
Which is exactly why I say that. You'll see (unless you have read the LN?).

Old 2012-06-12, 12:13   Link #474
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

I have, but it's been so long I barely remember the specifics. Still, I remember enough that he seemed like he still embraced the ideal of being a hero. He just gave up on it himself. So he was happy when Shirou said he would do it instead.
Old 2012-06-12, 12:14   Link #475
Thess

Quote:
I have, but it's been so long I barely remember the specifics. Still, I remember enough that he seemed like he still embraced the ideal of being a hero. He just gave up on it himself. So he was happy when Shirou said he would do it instead.
Let's take it to the LN readers only?

Old 2012-06-12, 14:49   Link #476
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Shirou in the UBW True End says aloud he doesn't have an answer yet. I suggest you to re-read it. Tiger Dojo spells aloud that neither Fate or UBW weren't supposed to be given answers for the life Shirou should lead.

HF does. Last Episode is basically the same answer of HF only applied to a different heroine. Borrowed ideals are nice and all, but between saving strangers forever and chasing after the one I love to see her smile? The later, please.
That's just your personal view on the matter. The narrative itself doesn't try and make following the ideal out to be something inherently bad (or it wouldn't be the end result of Good/True conclusions to two different routes). And again, you're straying from the point of my initial statement, which is that Kiritsugu would find salvation in the person Shirou became in UBW, since the whole point of its ending is that he won't let the ideal break him as it did Archer, who is pretty much Kiritsugu Part 2.

As for this "found an answer or not" business, the point is that Shirou is empty and lacks a self, and thus needs something to fill him and give him a sense of purpose. In UBW it's his ideal, whereas in HF he replaces it with his affection for Sakura. It's a different choice, but it doesn't make the ones reached in the previous routes a mistake, since, as you said, there is no true route and they are all equally canon.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 00:38   Link #477
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touko View Post
The King cannot be controlled and cannot be corrupted.
He's just lost more respect for humans, and the low-calibre Servants of the Fifth Heaven's Feel did not help.

Incorrect, and you need to re-read what each of them does.

Arondight provides a hefty boost and other bonuses (such as Dragon-slaying), but it SEALS his other Noble Phantasms. It does not unlock "more fighting skills".

Eternal Arms Mastership is the one that causes him to retain martial arts prowess (which is not sealed by Arondight,due to being a skill). Knight of Honour is the one that lets him grab light poles and use them as Noble Phantasms.
Except Saber mentions that Zero Berserker with Arondight drawn was even better than before:

Quote:
Before Arondight’s relentless attack, Saber’s holy sword gave out a groan. Her sword of light that promised victory—it had long since become meaningless, in the hands of its owner who had lost the will to fight. Berserker constantly rebuked Saber, who was unable to counterattack and could only defend. At this point he had already completely unleashed his true ability, and his skill with the sword was completely incomparable with his previous level. Even if Saber had been uninjured right now, she might not have been able to withstand that strong momentum.
Old 2012-06-14, 16:11   Link #478
Touko

I don't see where it says Arondight unlocked more skills.

I only see Lancelot going all out and not holding back after revealing his true identity (by drawing Arondight).
Touko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 16:14   Link #479
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

That's what he meant.
Old 2012-06-16, 17:04   Link #480
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I am surprised we didn't see the Grail's true form, with the tower and all. Maybe we'll see that next episode. Gil still hasn't had any Grail Juice, after all.