Notices

Old 2007-01-30, 14:53   Link #41
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

thanks for your comments guys... thought i was near of being isolated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I'm still amazed by how dense, detailed, and complex your sigs are. How long do these take you to make?

I give your newest sig a 10/10 for style, but I'm not so much into the bloody sig stuff...
to answer your question, well... like i wrote on the request conditions, i'm working almost only with inspiration.
with a set theme/serie, i'm "trying" to emphasis the subject with its "natural material", such like original artwork, serie BG/CG etc (i'm not really fond of fan arts... except if they are pretty faithful in fact)

that is... a double edged style : while i'm almost sure it will have the maximum feelings about the chosen subject, there isn't any guarantee that i won't go overboard (just like X2 signature, or even something "simple" like the third oyashiro signature)
also, if i don't have any idea to fill some parts of a signature, i'm most likely doomed (several signatures have weird gaps...)
as a side note... because of my stubborness, i'm almost unable to create a "offtopic/fantasy/fancy/ signature with unfamiliar characters/series or weird mix up...~~

to be honest, i was sometimes stuck only with the usual pictures hunting...
you see, for example : shiki's signature took me like...1 full hour of insane picture searching.
this was much worse with the 3 nanoha signatures, since the only good material were the fanbase, while it is not only huge, but scattared around the net X_X

talking about them, i must admit that, because of my laziness () i was able to accelerate the signature process for nanoha and hayate, since i already had the structure and effects from fate signature (i'm not really loving recycling but, sometimes, it's the best choice)

most of the time, i have to spend like :
-10sec to 1-2 weeks to find a subject (this is the most ridiculous random inspiration factor with me XD)
-5-30 min to think about the structure (i even can make it within seconds if i have a "stroke of genius" may i say )
-20min to 1h of pictures "happy" hunting
-1-2h for the signature itself (cutting, choices of effects etc...)
-10min to 1h of..."quality check" XD. i'm just looking at the pictures i'm using, and analyzing from a "neutral" perspective, if the signature has "enough" of the mojo i attempted to put in ^^"

FYI, Shiki signature was one of the fastest ever (second to Rena oyashiro signature), with only a problem with the pictures (the quality of Melty Blood screenshots are HORRIBLE most of the time); while, with my current rena signature, it took me like 10 minutes to choose and find the pictures, but like...2-3hours to make up my mind for the overal effects, mood etc, while i had almost a crystal clear vision of what i wanted to do ^^"

this is then really random XD
Old 2007-02-11, 12:04   Link #42
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Orz...fially past 10...

here is the N°11 :

*depressed* it wasn't really the result i wanted to have first (i kinda twisted my mind quite... a lot.)
meh... i supposed i'm still obsessed by duality and such...

in case you are wondering :
-the middle form is supposed to be Mai's Sword, but it is somewhat jagged and blurry because of the cut and blending ~~
-Sonatina is the Title of the episode 15.

also, a side major update :
From today, i will put a personal tag on each recent signature.
to be honest, this isn't really my policy nor my philosophy to add something useless on the signatures (that would allow people using the signature that aren't used anymore), but i recently caught several... signature stealing issues on the net...
while i'm not really a pro or something (kinda? XD), i'm not really that good with such irrespect from people who are exploiting the anonymous flaws in the net etc...

therefor, i put a tiny tag on a corner in each recent signature (except the requests indeed), that's it.
and of course, the older versions of these signatures are simply deleted, their links won't work anymore.

if you find anything taken without permission, please PM me ~~

that's all for today i think ^^"

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-02-11 at 12:23.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 22:04   Link #43
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Wow, now that's a hands-down 10/10. I don't know the subject matter, but It's fantastic. The sword thing is really the clincher for me. Keep up the great work and keep 'em coming!
Old 2007-02-15, 10:01   Link #44
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

As this is free and open, I am yoinking it unless the creator has any objections.
SpaceDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-15, 11:39   Link #45
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Haven't posted here in a while.

I see that your sigs are as good as ever. This one in particular is extremely cool. The whole sig just screams 'cool design'
Old 2007-02-16, 21:01   Link #46
shazza

Send a message via MSN to shazza
WOW..
O_O
I love your work..LOL..^^
They're great!
<33
I really must improve myself..LOL..
Great job! <3333
shazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-17, 06:46   Link #47
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Wow, now that's a hands-down 10/10. I don't know the subject matter, but It's fantastic. The sword thing is really the clincher for me. Keep up the great work and keep 'em coming!
To be honest, i thought that the sword was the weak point of the signature ^^"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceDrake View Post

As this is free and open, I am yoinking it unless the creator has any objections.
weird... i didn't see your post when i checked daniel's post, sounds like you asked elsewhere, and a mod merged your post here? ^^

anyway, i don't have any objection, you can use it, i'm updating its status. (but i suggest you to ask BEFORE, and THEN use it )
enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Haven't posted here in a while.

I see that your sigs are as good as ever. This one in particular is extremely cool. The whole sig just screams 'cool design'
meh... cool design is a bit too much you know XD
seriously though, like i said in my comments and to Spectacular_Insanity, i was really afraid of the sword ~~
that said, i wish i will have a pretty strong idea for a true mai signature later, just like for makoto and shiori.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazza View Post
WOW..
O_O
I love your work..LOL..^^
They're great!
<33
I really must improve myself..LOL..
Great job! <3333
i suggest you to post your works on your own thread, and why not in the following thread
Signature Creation, Discussion and Improvement thread

they won't eat you...(well... maybe, maybe not XD)

ok, for today, fresh from the oven :

our foxy girl, Makoto.
i had a pretty clear idea of how i wanted to make it... but the main picture took me an insane amount of time to have that render (original screenshot) : 14 frigging layers...FOURTEEN, i had headache with any slight change in the brightness ~~

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-02-17 at 08:15.
Old 2007-02-17, 10:26   Link #48
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I love how you concentrate on concept and fellings rather then just eye-candy ^__^
I think Daniel summed it up better them me actually ^^
Old 2007-02-17, 14:26   Link #49
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
I love how you concentrate on concept and fellings rather then just eye-candy ^__^
I think Daniel summed it up better them me actually ^^
well... err, i'm not that as good as you for this kind of things, you knows BCXIII (i gladly take your compliment, but i hope i will still deserve it... in a near future XD)
the funny thing here is... it is not only i don't want to do just "eye candy" signature, but i also can't (due my terrible lack of FX effects knowledge )

*sigh* i do have a prolem with my eyes i think... either way my signatures are too dark, or too bright... sheesh

tuned down makoto signature :

Old 2007-02-17, 15:47   Link #50
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
yea the toned down version looks better

OOO i love the way you managed to blend both scenes soo cleanly ^_^
not much to comment on but i think makoto is soo blurred ~ the image on the right side looks bad in quality but that cant be helped knowing screencap quality images these days

and another great one O.o

problem is that i dont really like the black base >.< its too thick if you look at the sides-to-image distance which leaves it somewat empty ~
she sword is cool but maybe you can drop more of a shadow on it? ^__^ and i think that the words at the bottom (fonatina?) is missplaced >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-17, 16:43   Link #51
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
yea the toned down version looks better

OOO i love the way you managed to blend both scenes soo cleanly ^_^
not much to comment on but i think makoto is soo blurred ~ the image on the right side looks bad in quality but that cant be helped knowing screencap quality images these days
you got the point : using H264 version of episode 10, it was still crappy... i guess i would need the dvd version, but meh ~~

meh, you are soothing me about the blending, i wasn't really sure about the gradiant between the 2 scenes (especially the bride veil)

Quote:
and another great one O.o

problem is that i dont really like the black base >.< its too thick if you look at the sides-to-image distance which leaves it somewat empty ~
she sword is cool but maybe you can drop more of a shadow on it? ^__^ and i think that the words at the bottom (fonatina?) is missplaced >.<
the black BG isn't really that great, i agree... maybe dark blue or something (but this is rather weird with orange :s )

good idea for the shadow, i will try it, and sonatina will be slightly moved...

*15 min later* done :

i didn't want to use the usual cliche "day and night", but sounds like i don't have the choice if i want to get rid of the black BG (this was my first idea in fact)
the sword looks... "more like a sword" with the improved shadow on it ^^"

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-02-17 at 16:54.
Old 2007-02-27, 15:16   Link #52
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I might die or either molested and beaten up by the rabid fans but... here i go :

Kaede-chan, from Shuffle! (obviously)
i tried to keep the patchwork style of the title, that's how i had the idea with 5 different mood pic but meh ~~

*pray to avoid the most boulders thrown at him as he can*
Old 2007-02-27, 15:40   Link #53
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

^ naw actually kaede fans outnumber the rest 10 to 1 (true fact )

lets see ~
it looks great as usual but a few nit picks ~

1) the 5 kaede boxes ~ while the look really good i think that it seems out of place ~ probably the gaps in between? or the sharpness of the lines? i duno but i just dosnt feel rite ~ and the arrow going through the boxes doesnt help either hmm...ah i think another reason to why it looks out of place is because the boxes make the left side separate from the right side thus creating a wall in between ~ it doesnt flow well together making them look separate >.<

2) i think you should put kaedes name onto the bigger arrow ~ its rather small and clumpted together so its hard to read >.<

3) the arrows...maybe if you either make them all coloured in or all empty in the middle ~ right now it looks inconsistant (possible use a different shade of orange?)

4) minor but if you moved the arrow on the left to the right a bit so its not touching the side the it could looks better ^__^

overall its quite creative ~ i like the tones and putting the shuffle boxes the same colour as the shuffle letters is a stroke of genius

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-02-27, 16:00   Link #54
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
^ naw actually kaede fans outnumber the rest 10 to 1 (true fact )

lets see ~
it looks great as usual but a few nit picks ~

1) the 5 kaede boxes ~ while the look really good i think that it seems out of place ~ probably the gaps in between? or the sharpness of the lines? i duno but i just dosnt feel rite ~ and the arrow going through the boxes doesnt help either hmm...ah i think another reason to why it looks out of place is because the boxes make the left side separate from the right side thus creating a wall in between ~ it doesnt flow well together making them look separate >.<
i was also wondering if i should put the 5 boxes altogether, but it is rather cranky with their own border.
as for the left side, there isn't much i can do, since if i want to prevent some "cut" effect, i would need to spread even more the boxes, which would be a bit unbalanced, but will be a huge pain with "shuffle!" ~~
Quote:
2) i think you should put kaedes name onto the bigger arrow ~ its rather small and clumpted together so its hard to read >.<
that was my priority here : the arrow isn't really big enough, but enlarging it can create an unbalance with the right kaede on the BG, *trying to fix this*
Quote:
3) the arrows...maybe if you either make them all coloured in or all empty in the middle ~ right now it looks inconsistant (possible use a different shade of orange?)
in fact, the left big arrow is empty, the little left one too. the only "full" coloured is the far right ^^"
Quote:
4) minor but if you moved the arrow on the left to the right a bit so its not touching the side the it could looks better ^__^
i didn't understand this too well ^^"
do you suggest to slighty move the Big arrow to the right, so the "point" of the arrow won't touch the very left border of the signature?

Quote:
overall its quite creative ~ i like the tones and putting the shuffle boxes the same colour as the shuffle letters is a stroke of genius
geh, not too sure if it was THAT great, but thanks ^^

here is the second version with the slight changes you suggested :

oh yeah, i corrected the spelling error -___-
was fuyou, not fyou ~~

as you can see, i still think the tiny gap should be there meh ^^"
Old 2007-02-27, 16:14   Link #55
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Have a boulder of cookies
Did you know npal already stole your sig?
Arimfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 16:15   Link #56
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
in fact, the left big arrow is empty, the little left one too. the only "full" coloured is the far right ^^"

i didn't understand this too well ^^"
do you suggest to slighty move the Big arrow to the right, so the "point" of the arrow won't touch the very left border of the signature?
1) what i ment was why dont you try and see if filling in all the arrows with orange or leaving them all empty would make them better ~ instead of having 2 empty and 1 filled in ^__^

and yea i ment move the arrow so its not touching the side ~ looks better that way imo ^__^

this is a touch one...the coloured boarders make merging them bleh >.< how bout try removing the boarders? or just just 1 colour? right now youve merged the 1 pix boarders together so we see a 2 pix line ~ which is too think

well it cant be helped that the "box" seems detached from the sig >.< i guess its just a general flaw with the style ~

Old 2007-02-27, 18:08   Link #57
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
I might die or either molested and beaten up by the rabid fans but... here i go :
You know, for some reason, I was actually reminded of the banner contest after looking at your latest sig.

Not really sure why though.
Old 2007-02-27, 23:56   Link #58
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arimfe View Post
Have a boulder of cookies
Did you know npal already stole your sig?
heh... yeah he snatched it pretty quickly, when i told him i was working on it

Quote:
1) what i ment was why dont you try and see if filling in all the arrows with orange or leaving them all empty would make them better ~ instead of having 2 empty and 1 filled in ^__^
the problem with the far right arrow would be the "fuyou kaede" color, which will be ugly in black, or unreadable in white ~~
Quote:
this is a touch one...the coloured boarders make merging them bleh >.< how bout try removing the boarders? or just just 1 colour? right now youve merged the 1 pix boarders together so we see a 2 pix line ~ which is too think
you mean the boxes? that was because i removed the gap :s
i guess i will revert back the gaps.
Quote:
well it cant be helped that the "box" seems detached from the sig >.< i guess its just a general flaw with the style ~
haha, right, but that won't be a problem since it is still matching because of the title and kaede, right? ^^"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
You know, for some reason, I was actually reminded of the banner contest after looking at your latest sig.

Not really sure why though.
heh... i'm sure i used lot of different things, while i was really simple during the banner contest
*thinks, hu well, i really can't find where you have that feeling ^^"

should be the final version :
-gaps are back
-Big arrow opacity has been decreased
-"Blue Kaede" Box tunes changed slightly
-Kaede's kanji are now vertical (much less clumsy), and orange, matching the arrow (still readable)
-added a transparent arrow, leaving the left side less empty

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-02-28 at 15:48.
Old 2007-03-06, 15:36   Link #59
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

silly bet : Black & White signature :

another "higurashi poem" signature. (Watanagashi game poem, again, the last 2 paragraphs)
sonozaki twins here.

when i was doing the rena and rika HP sig, i was indeed interested with Mion and shion but... i didn't have any "good" idea of duality and such...

bleh anyway, ready to receive critical stabs
Old 2007-03-06, 20:11   Link #60
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:

bleh anyway, ready to receive critical stabs
Looks nice, though I feel there's a little too much text in it.

Then again, because of the poem, It would have been your basic idea for the sig since the very beginning. (or so I believe >_<! )