AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2011-06-03, 06:16   Link #161
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSunshine View Post
What reason would they have to do this? Why can't they cut out Rena instead?
Well Rena is a pretty loved character compared to Mion and Shion but still excluding their character designs makes no sense unless as someone said before, they're late in releasing them which is sort of careless.

Last edited by Oblivion; 2011-06-03 at 06:17. Reason: Spelling error
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 12:08   Link #162
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Unless it is Mion telling the story of the magic girls (and Shion isn't present). Mion, I would guess wouldn't include herself in the story telling.
Old 2011-06-03, 14:13   Link #163
Kantoku
見ぬが花

Quote:
What reason would they have to do this? Why can't they cut out Rena instead?
R07 would never cut out Rena. She's been considered the star girl since day 1, and people have even wondered why she was on the cover of the Matsuribayashi-hen even though she didn't have much of a big part that other characters had.

I'm still trying to remember where they cut out Mii / Shii. I definitely know there was something where Shii's designs weren't released at all, but she was still in whatever it was. The only thing I can think of is the mahjong game Jan (I have never seen their character designs on any imageboard), but I'm pretty sure that's not what I'm trying to remember.
Kantoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 16:45   Link #164
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
"07" == "Rei Na". She's not going to disappear.

(OTOH, she's completely absent from Himatsubushi-hen, and she was on its cover.)
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 04:27   Link #165
Oblivion

Maybe they should try sending some of that love towards Mion/Shion.
Old 2011-06-04, 20:53   Link #166
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Shion in both Jan and Himatsubushi-hen. Well in Himatsubushi-hen she is recued from gangmembers by akasaka, then when he meet mion at the frontlines of the resistance, he comments how they so different. But thats manga... not sure about the game Himatsubushi-hen. It was cut out in the anime though, maybe to keep the mystery.
Old 2011-06-05, 11:52   Link #167
CrimsonSunshine
We live to make tomorrow

I know Rena's the mascot. My suggestion on cutting her out was half joking, but really, they did this to me in Higurashi Rei, too. I wanted to see Mion cut a bullet and half but was given Rena's daybreak chapter instead. Enough with the Cleaver girl, it's time Shmion got their spotlight.

It better just be a late release.
CrimsonSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 23:11   Link #168
Kantoku
見ぬが花

Straying from the current topic, but has anyone ever found a full version of Happy! Lucky! Dochy! yet? I was going to see if I could split the audio from the seiyuu interview, but the broadcast uploaded on Nico was removed due to copyright infringement, and now I'm stuck with a bound .asx version of the broadcast that I just can't seem to get into playable video / mp3 format...
Old 2011-06-06, 02:44   Link #169
fuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantoku View Post
Straying from the current topic, but has anyone ever found a full version of Happy! Lucky! Dochy! yet? I was going to see if I could split the audio from the seiyuu interview, but the broadcast uploaded on Nico was removed due to copyright infringement, and now I'm stuck with a bound .asx version of the broadcast that I just can't seem to get into playable video / mp3 format...
is there a youtube version of it yet? i dont have a nico account! it would be great if someone can upload it
fuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 05:26   Link #170
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
http://www.mediafire.com/?p9lzlx1vg1p627l

Here you are, um, if I'm not allowed to do this, please feel free to tell me so and I'll delete this post. xD;

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 14:02   Link #171
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:
I know Rena's the mascot. My suggestion on cutting her out was half joking, but really, they did this to me in Higurashi Rei, too. I wanted to see Mion cut a bullet and half but was given Rena's daybreak chapter instead. Enough with the Cleaver girl, it's time Shmion got their spotlight.

It better just be a late release.
Well the daybreak chapter was more appropriate for Rei as it was actually part of the Higurashi Rei visual novel, while Yoigoshi (that is what you're referring to with cutting bullets, right?) was made for the manga. Actually, the first Kira episode is a chapter from the original Rei visual novel too. It was supposed to be in the place of Hajisarashi-hen, but for some reason they decided to put that episode in Rei instead.

I do agree Mion is awesome and needs more screentime.
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 14:26   Link #172
Kantoku
見ぬが花

Shoot...apparently I'm not able to isolate the Happy! Lucky! Dochy! song from the radio broadcast ><; I tried splitting and inverting the audio, but the frequent fading of the music in / out and the audio effects cut down so much on the sound quality on Audacity to the point where the music itself sounds terrible ;-;

According to another person, it's impossible to actually separate it since it's a mixed waveform due to the fading effect...
Old 2011-06-08, 17:25   Link #173
fuff

http://twitpic.com/535h2a

is that with ova 1 or ova 2??? i really hope its not ova 1 since i preorder the limited one...
Old 2011-06-08, 18:04   Link #174
KoiYuki

I'm pretty sure it's with OVA 1, since it doesn't make sense to show OVA 2's bonus before OVA 1's, and before OVA 1 is even out.. :c Sorry..

From what I can tell on http://www.oyashirosama.com/web/kira/news/index.html, it's with file 1.
KoiYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 19:08   Link #175
fuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoiYuki View Post
I'm pretty sure it's with OVA 1, since it doesn't make sense to show OVA 2's bonus before OVA 1's, and before OVA 1 is even out.. :c Sorry..

From what I can tell on http://www.oyashirosama.com/web/kira/news/index.html, it's with file 1.
...really? cause im pretty sure cutsoms ppl will be like wtf? seeing that lol
Old 2011-06-08, 19:46   Link #176
Kantoku
見ぬが花

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuff View Post
"Barely legal", maybe xD?
Old 2011-06-08, 20:22   Link #177
fuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantoku View Post
"Barely legal", maybe xD?

did anybody else order it?? cause im kinda worried now lol i dont want to get in trouble or something since i dont like loli stuff even

what are the stuff u get with the limited edition anyways because i can ask amiami to cancel/replace my order with the other higurashi dvd...
Old 2011-06-09, 17:53   Link #178
Oblivion

Quote:
Anime girls gone wild
Old 2011-06-09, 18:37   Link #179
Kantoku
見ぬが花

Quote:
did anybody else order it?? cause im kinda worried now lol i dont want to get in trouble or something since i dont like loli stuff even

what are the stuff u get with the limited edition anyways because i can ask amiami to cancel/replace my order with the other higurashi dvd...
I'm sure it's just the cover and it won't be very much more than that...if it was like a whole book on it or something, then...I'm not too sure if that'd be bad for the franchise or good in a very disturbing way ^^;
Old 2011-06-11, 12:56   Link #180
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK
New trailer with TV ver. in OP...
Can't wait!

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Higurashi Daybreak Wikia (V)
WarriorKK is offline   Reply With Quote