AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-11-06, 09:11   Link #3081
tsunade666

Aria likes to boss others around and even if in the later volumes she mellows down a bit I still didn't like her much with her trigger happy. I still like Riko the best among 4 girls and Reki second. Shirayuki is too obsessed for my taste even though she is nice and caring but dangerous yan.
Old 2012-11-06, 22:06   Link #3082
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Dude, what's the deal with you!? It's just Shirayuki's misunderstanding of Kinji's request. He wants Shirayuki to act like his sister so that Kaname won't cause more trouble for him.

The very sad thing about this series is Aria. I really hate her. But her name is the series' name so it's expected that Aria will be the victorious girl no matter how much she doesn't deserve it.
I mean Kinji asks too much of Shirayuki to be merely just a "friend" in most of the novels...
It's like he expects Shirayuki to just dedicate her life to him (and that is what seems to be the case...)
Aria is also very childish.. to the point that in novel 8... that moment made me laugh for quite a while...
And for a person that is in the Inquesta branch, Kinji is very very dense in matters of romance...
I mean he overhears Aria talking about A-chan, K-kun and such, but still doesn't get why his friend Shiranui wanted him to hear that....
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 11:50   Link #3083
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
I mean Kinji asks too much of Shirayuki to be merely just a "friend" in most of the novels...
It's like he expects Shirayuki to just dedicate her life to him (and that is what seems to be the case...)
Aria is also very childish.. to the point that in novel 8... that moment made me laugh for quite a while...
And for a person that is in the Inquesta branch, Kinji is very very dense in matters of romance...
I mean he overhears Aria talking about A-chan, K-kun and such, but still doesn't get why his friend Shiranui wanted him to hear that....
What the!!? You means Kinji asks Shirayuki like she's more than just friend on several occasions?

What!? Kinji doesn't seem to have asked something like you said from Shirayuki from the very first volume to 9 imo.

If it's fighting, seriously you can't have a partner who won't risk their life to complete the mission together with you, can you? Aria and Shirayuki are his partners so they have to support each other or else they'll just die, and they fight against international crime syndicate that even superpower countries can't take on... Imagine you're a police and your colleagues abandon you right during gunfight against a terrorist because they don't want to bother saving your ass, when it's not even suicidal decision... It's that kind of relationship, and it's also job and well, more than just "friend" whom you'd hang out with.

If it's something unrelated to mission. He tries to depend on himself. Shirayuki indeed tries too hard to take care of him that it makes his life more difficult.

Kinji is indeed dense and doesn't seem to reciprocate Shirayuki's affection. But your complaint is a bit off-topic. You can complain how dense Kinji is but bashing him about deceiving Shirayuki in vol. 10 is just ridiculous.

I wonder if you really read the novels thoroughly after all.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 12:40   Link #3084
Meltyred

Only read till vol 7... (and slightly on vol 8)
Vol 9-10 I have no idea what happens... other then something worded deceivingly.
Then again I am biased towards Shirayuki's plight... (not going into other girls, I think I can dig up more but I don't have the time... well except for Aria)
Old 2012-11-07, 13:47   Link #3085
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Only read till vol 7... (and slightly on vol 8)
Vol 9-10 I have no idea what happens... other then something worded deceivingly.
Then again I am biased towards Shirayuki's plight... (not going into other girls, I think I can dig up more but I don't have the time... well except for Aria)
Dude, Shirayuki is my type of girl too.

But our protagonist can think otherwise.

Imagine your have a girl who likes you and will do anything for you, but you don't think the same way as she does to her and like someone else.

It's that kind of thing.

The thing you mentioned our Kinji begging Shirayuki to become "Touyama" is in vol. 10, it's spoiler and I can't see how the detailed description of how the coincidences that occur the moment Kinji asking her can deceive anyone who read it properly. The spoiler is really detailed...
Old 2012-11-07, 13:54   Link #3086
Meltyred

Well it just seems like he just shrugs it off as nothing, not thinking of a shock to someone that mentally unstable.... (It's like the happiest moment of her life, only to find out it was a hoax...)

And he seems to never see anybody in a romantic manner (maybe some, but he doesn't realise it himself probably...). Oh and that he has the tastes of a lolicon...
Makes it kinda hard to like him.
Old 2012-11-07, 16:12   Link #3087
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Well it just seems like he just shrugs it off as nothing, not thinking of a shock to someone that mentally unstable.... (It's like the happiest moment of her life, only to find out it was a hoax...)

And he seems to never see anybody in a romantic manner (maybe some, but he doesn't realise it himself probably...). Oh and that he has the tastes of a lolicon...
Makes it kinda hard to like him.
Well, the author needs excuse to prolong the series with romantic comedy, the more girls to provide fan service, the better.

It's better than "Suzuka" and "Kimi no Iru Machi" to make Kinji dense, since there wouldn't be much drama, and it's not like we'll be satisfied if Kinji happens to hook up with the girl we don't like.

Can you imagine what if Kinji hooks up with Shirayuki then breaks up with her for Aria? It'd be a repeat of "Suzuka". I don't fucking want that!!!

And this series is kind of dumb anyway. The power level of people in this series are kinda broken. I dont know who's the strongest anymore. GIII was defeated by Sun Wukong easily but then Shirayuki can hold her ground against her in a quarrel. Also, how Shirayuki can cut the bullet in vol. 2 makes me doubt HSS's power. I also wonder if Aria could cut the bullet.

But hey, if the author of this series said he doesn't know how to continue this series anymore in the afterwards of vol. 13, we shouldn't give much credit for his intelligent level and responsibility. The author does things like he was writing when he was high or so and couldn't think far ahead of what to do more.
Old 2012-11-07, 20:30   Link #3088
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
But hey, if the author of this series said he doesn't know how to continue this series anymore in the afterwards of vol. 13, we shouldn't give much credit for his intelligent level and responsibility. The author does things like he was writing when he was high or so and couldn't think far ahead of what to do more.
Not 'the series' per se, just 'how the heck can he write it so Kinji can dodge a point-blank laser eyebeam from 3 metres away' when it cut off at the end of Vol13. Possibly just as bad as your claim however
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 23:44   Link #3089
tsunade666

Its obvious that the author didn't plan ahead of time. He just write whatever hits his mind. Now his in a dilemma because he makes an opponent that shoots laser on her eyes. That's broken in this world's term because its freaking light speed. No matter what kind of stupid reason you give. You will get hit by light! that's IT!!!

and in later volumes Kinji is warming up to Aria so its like an obvious Aria ending. Though Kinji is still tsun tsun to Aria while Aria is dere dere to Kinji. Its funny to see an opposite thing because usually its the girl go tsun tsun but this time its the guy though its kinda stupid too.
Old 2012-11-08, 01:25   Link #3090
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
and in later volumes Kinji is warming up to Aria so its like an obvious Aria ending. Though Kinji is still tsun tsun to Aria while Aria is dere dere to Kinji. Its funny to see an opposite thing because usually its the girl go tsun tsun but this time its the guy though its kinda stupid too.
That is, until this volume where the Author pulled the same bullshit argument plot device again, according to Flere (correct me if I'm wrong) .
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 02:12   Link #3091
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That is, until this volume where the Author pulled the same bullshit argument plot device again, according to Flere (correct me if I'm wrong) .
The only BS thing I can think of wasn't the argument between Kinji and Aria itself, but the execution. The part where Kinji has a self-crisis of only being good in a fight and not being on the level of Aria (such as access to resources, languages, dealing with people etc) sounds (sort of) okay to me for a reason for being in a argument. Getting pissed off when she shot at him after ten or so volumes of it happening, though? lulwut? And not even showing ANY signs of regret after yelling at Aria when he found out how worried she was when he went missing? Pissed off to the point he pulled rank as the leader of Team Baskerville and basically declared 'my way or the highway'? Yeah, someone shot Kinji with the Idiot Ball here...
Old 2012-11-08, 13:34   Link #3092
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
The only BS thing I can think of wasn't the argument between Kinji and Aria itself, but the execution. The part where Kinji has a self-crisis of only being good in a fight and not being on the level of Aria (such as access to resources, languages, dealing with people etc) sounds (sort of) okay to me for a reason for being in a argument. Getting pissed off when she shot at him after ten or so volumes of it happening, though? lulwut? And not even showing ANY signs of regret after yelling at Aria when he found out how worried she was when he went missing? Pissed off to the point he pulled rank as the leader of Team Baskerville and basically declared 'my way or the highway'? Yeah, someone shot Kinji with the Idiot Ball here...
Well, Aria is a noble after all. Still, I think that Japan treats their superhuman samurai clan badly compared to how Holmes and Watson are treated in the UK. That's something weird to say...

Wait!? Is Aria really good at dealing with people? THAT ARIA!?

Kinji should be able to learn languages easily with HSS, but we might never know if that'd work. HSS itself already defies all logics.

And yeah, Kinji getting pissed off at Aria for shooting at him is kind of very late.

Any fiction with superpower like this isn't something we should argue on. The result is all depended on the author's whim. I only follow this series because it's harem-type, fan-service, guns and cool final showdown setting, not really looking forward to something logical or drama.
Old 2012-11-08, 22:31   Link #3093
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Wait!? Is Aria really good at dealing with people? THAT ARIA!?
Dealing with civilians, anyway. Basically people that's not important to the plot in any way.
Old 2012-11-08, 22:45   Link #3094
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Any fiction with superpower like this isn't something we should argue on. The result is all depended on the author's whim. I only follow this series because it's harem-type, fan-service, guns and cool final showdown setting, not really looking forward to something logical or drama.
The harem and fanservice aren't really that good... Besides, how good are those when they're presented in words ? You might as well pick up a manga.

Guns are only cool if they're within a certain realm of logic- Deviation from realism is allow, but it's way too much now.
Old 2012-11-09, 04:35   Link #3095
Meltyred

It was already too much when Sherlock holmes appeared.
That fight... blew my mind in a bad way....
And the harem part isn't played out too well, especially when Aria always has the same reaction... gets kinda boring.
Old 2012-11-09, 07:23   Link #3096
tsunade666

Holmes is still fine for me and even the youkai showing up to mess around is okay for me but the thing I can't tolerate is how ridiculous the author throw the scene out of plan. The power level is out balance!!! Once a strong opponent is easily outclass by the next opponent but it happens to be convenient that someone in the harem is a yokai slayer that can fight on par with the said crazy opponent then there is that statement that throw anyone out of their seats. The AUTHOR IS HAVING PROBLEM WITH THE SCENE ITSELF!!!!

"how will kinji dodge laser"

the answer is simple

impossible
Old 2012-11-09, 07:30   Link #3097
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

About the power level system... Could it be that the Author is trying to pull a Kamachi with multiple classifications systems that crisscrosses?
Old 2012-11-09, 07:57   Link #3098
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

And he fails miserably, that's for sure.
He should have written a better series by staying with the concept of Butei. Putting all these characters that despite being based on famous figures in history and literature underwent severe artistic liberties created a story that is completely chaotic.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 08:11   Link #3099
tsunade666

Kamachi doesn't do crazy power ups except for very few character(or only one person. Accelerator is the only one comes to mind) Kamachi stays true to strength level which is one of its charm.

But the author here can't keep that in balance for most of the time that I want to question how the heck it ends up like that.

I like how simple hysteria mode is before but not it just keeps getting crazier than ever with new moves and upgrades to it which is rather convenient because the author did say that hysteria mode evolves as the need arises. Though.... there should be limit right? or maybe I'm just being stupid with my utter hate for shounen power ups. I'm not really much of a fun from weak to strong or rather its delicate for me to like the concept of weak to strong. If its done wrong it just sound bulls*t for me.
Old 2012-11-10, 00:59   Link #3100
tsunade666

wahaha

someone got angry for me saying I hate stupid shounen powers up or maybe for bashing HnA? but not sure..... well I like HnA and bashing the problems of it is also a part of me liking it. Liking the funny scenes but not the serious and techno explanation scenes though I like to point and make fun of it of how funny and wrong and mind wrapping those scene ended up with.

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen