AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-07-24, 11:07   Link #41
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I really hope this misunderstanding doesn't last long. If it does, then I'll probably lose interest from the lack of progress.
Mao might have started to get a clue as she did find out Tetsu has no clue where Saki even sits.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 13:03   Link #42
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

read the first 3 chapters and I like it. Good that its getting good feedback since I would hate for this to get cancel early.
Old 2011-07-24, 13:06   Link #43
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
read the first 3 chapters and I like it. Good that its getting good feedback since I would hate for this to get cancel early.
I like it too, but it'll get old if I see the same misunderstanding after 80 or so chapters.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 11:41   Link #44
Sinta

I dig it, but I also like MXO and was pissed that it was canceled. I don't, however, think its a premise that can last. The conflict is too narrowly defined and you can only play around with main couple's relationship for so long.
Old 2011-07-25, 13:20   Link #45
tsunade666

I also think this one won't last but the problem will be that there should someone take place with him inside the mirror. Just like how the one before him manage to live forever. I find it hard to think that for you to come out you need to sacrifice someone. To seal him/her there forever. Unless that someone was utterly bad or something. I wish they solve the problem of the mirror without ending with that kind of ending.
Old 2011-07-25, 14:09   Link #46
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
I dig it, but I also like MXO and was pissed that it was canceled. I don't, however, think its a premise that can last. The conflict is too narrowly defined and you can only play around with main couple's relationship for so long.
That's the mangaka's issue with all of his series: there's little to no progress between the main couple's relationship. Both Pretty Face and Mx0 ended when the main couple was no closer than they were in the second or third chapter.

It's not so much the premise as it's that too much time is spent on episodic material that does little to progress the relationship of the main couple. For example, when Randoh goes to a different town to find Yuno, only to come across a dead end. It's only when Yuno shows up in the very last chapters that Randoh makes a move on Rina. Then there's almost every misadventure Taiga has in Mx0. They go through several tests to upgrade their cards, but none of it brings about any development in Taiga or Aika's characters.

This doesn't have to do with the setting but how the mangaka writes the plot. Romantic comedy is nice, but nearly every chapter is a romantic comedy that doesn't help the main couple grow at all.
Old 2011-07-30, 18:57   Link #47
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Spoiler for 4:
Old 2011-07-30, 22:23   Link #48
Aesthetic Shampoo

i r disappointed with this chapter. A bit early to have a useless filler chapter.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 07:42   Link #49
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnythesun View Post
i r disappointed with this chapter. A bit early to have a useless filler chapter.
Yea I'm gonna have to agree here, depsite my love for the service it was rather pointless at this time.
But then I am starting to think it's gonna become harder to get any real plot from this premise as it goes on.

Still early days, the wait is on!

Btw do we have a name for the glasses girl yet?
Old 2011-07-31, 13:09   Link #50
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I agree with you two. It's almost like the mangaka put that twist in at the end of the third chapter and realizes he couldn't write his way out of it or something.

It ruins the pace to get to fillers this soon, and not a particularly interesting one at that. I did like the moment when she started to notice his special attention to her though.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 00:38   Link #51
Aesthetic Shampoo

Much better!!! Information!!! Fortune teller lady that's not sexy!!! Don't know if that's a plus or minus though
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 06:59   Link #52
MeroBAKA

I am glad Kano is back. Mx0 was so much fun. Too bad after introducing the black plate he did not have a chance to explore the possibilities offered by it and should finish in 3 chapters.

Contrary to Mx0 the series has minimalist settings. I like the concept of the mirror and while the series seems safe from an early cancellation I wonder how Kano can transform it in a long-term series.

I remember an excellent one-shot in which Kano plays with the story of the red little riding hood. The reference to Alice in the title makes me wonder if he wants to do the same thing here.

Regading the last chapter I wonder what is true in the legend told by the fortune teller. It is different from what we have learned in the first chapter.

Last edited by MeroBAKA; 2011-08-07 at 12:48.
MeroBAKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 08:29   Link #53
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

yeah! the new chapter really make a good start.... hmm hmm...
I just want to skip and see the ending.... lol... when will they realize their own feelings??!!
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 19:20   Link #54
Shadow5YA

There's a two page side chapter out.

Looks like Harisugawa's presence made Mao change her habits at home.
Old 2011-08-13, 14:38   Link #55
Excorsism

Pretty cute. Here's hoping some dramatic stuff happens soon so we can get some actual development. No resets please!
Old 2011-08-21, 08:11   Link #56
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

okay! this is it.... a straight forward development... too early maybe???
what a tough love and life between both of them

I can't wait to see how Harisugawa will explain to Saki.... hahaha....
and naked Satomi in mirror?? *nosebleed*
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 10:10   Link #57
jzmagic
flargansbog

So pretty much this misunderstanding is going to go unresolved until the very end.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 10:30   Link #58
Shadow5YA

This misunderstanding is frustrating. Even if Harisugawa doesn't confess, I really hope Mao will eventually find out on her own that he has no interest in Saki when she's trying to play cupid.
Old 2011-08-21, 10:35   Link #59
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
This misunderstanding is frustrating. Even if Harisugawa doesn't confess, I really hope Mao will eventually find out on her own that he has no interest in Saki when she's trying to play cupid.
That's the thing though, the way the story is set up, they both won't realize their feelings for each other until the very end, unless a new twist is thrown in.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 10:43   Link #60
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
That's the thing though, the way the story is set up, they both won't realize their feelings for each other until the very end, unless a new twist is thrown in.
That's the thing with ALL of Kano Yasuhiro's works. Randoh didn't confess to Rina until the very end in Pretty Face, and Taiga never confessed to Aika in Mx0. The lack of romantic development may be why the mangaka keeps getting his long running series cancelled. I'm hoping this one will be different.

Tags
romance, supernatural