AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-09-21, 12:45   Link #1
00Scotty

Still no sound

I searched through the forum and dl'ed the Media Config Level one and 5 (audio) and still have nothing. Here's what happened:

Yesterday I dl'ed the security package from Micro soft and it updated my player to Version 10. Until yesterday I had no problems (I had some codecs I'm sure since I figured it out on the older player)

Now I have no sound. I spent alot of time searching through the forum and I'm not even remotely computer savvy and need a "For Dummies" version of what to do. I have tried a couple of different episodes on my computer I haven't gotten around to watching and the results are all the same.
Old 2004-09-21, 13:01   Link #2
Yuiichi
Retired.

It seems as if you lost your audio decoders. Don't worry about what that means for now.

Either you can try to get new ones (i don't know where you possibly could) or you could get BSPlayer.

BSPlayer is just another video player with some built in codec support. You can get it at http://www.bsplayer.org/. Now, once you get that, you probably need codecs, so get the K-lite codec pack. It will give you all the stuff that you need. Get it from here http://www.k-litecodecpack.com/.

Hope this helps.
Old 2004-09-21, 13:23   Link #3
00Scotty

Wow that was quick thanks. I tried the BS player just before I posted.

As an experiment I grabbed an audio CD and Windows media told me it couldn't play it my sound drivers must be out. I'm too young to be going bald/grey over this. I have no idea what this means.
Old 2004-09-21, 13:49   Link #4
00Scotty

A little bit more happened. I went through the troubleshooting and the Windows update page (AGAIN) and skimming through things, in MEdia player, it stated my speakers aren't enabled or functioning. I think I tried everything but like I said.. I'm not smart. Any help would be awesome
Old 2004-09-25, 09:25   Link #5
PurpleLightning

it sounds to me like your motherboards sound drivers are out, just go to your mobo manufacturer site and try dl the codecs, and remember to remove the old drivers before installing the new ones, try that and see what happens