AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-12, 16:33   Link #1021
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I still think that the VN is much better written than the anime but i also think the anime did very well considering it's lengthier source material and the limited ammount of episodes that it had to work with.
Eventhough I also agree that there are some faults with the writing (few unneeded padding, odd scene choices), it still has done a much better job than most VN adaptions the past few years.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 19:48   Link #1022
amasposu

Just watched episode 7 and 8.

Episode 7 and 8 are so sweet. They make me feel all warm and fuzzy. If only the ending could be Shingo x Sakuno x Airi x Sana x Miu. >_>;;;;;;;;;;;

I can't wait to watch more. =)
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 19:48   Link #1023
hyl
reading #hikaributts

a semi off topic bump

After episode 10 i have noticed, when browsing through the japanese yahoo auctions, that all the Inui Sana dakimakura from c80 are now being much more in demand. I have seen those dakimuras going for 10k yen in october as their lowest price (and most of those were not being sold ), but they all are going for atleast 15k now (which is pretty much the same price when it was at it highest, roughly a few weeks after c80)
Old 2011-12-12, 22:25   Link #1024
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
2. We only have two episodes left. That's just not enough time to end one romance, start another practically from scratch, and create a decent ending.
Definitely true.

Quote:
So, worst-case scenario (imo): We get a "no girl wins" ending. Shingo and/or Miu catches wind of how hurt Sana is, and one or both decides to end their romance because of it. If this happens, I will absolutely hate it emotionally, but I won't necessarily call it "bad writing".
Probably the best way to end and avoiding "Pair based fan" protest.

Another probability is that it does end as Mui x Shingo but the other girls won't give up and have the "they're not married yet" mentality as often seen in many harem anime.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 22:30   Link #1025
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjichan View Post
Definitely true.

Another probability is that it does end as Mui x Shingo but the other girls won't give up and have the "they're not married yet" mentality as often seen in many harem anime.
basically just like Shuffle, one gets the guy but the others openly say they won't give up.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 22:44   Link #1026
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
basically just like Shuffle, one gets the guy but the others openly say they won't give up.
That's completely out of character for this show, though. The other girls can't use Shingo as a crutch; they have to let him find his happiness as they seek their own, having learned from what their experiences have taught them. It would also really cheapen what we were just shown in the past episode, almost as if to negate it, and for no reason. I think that rather than thinking about what other anime in the past have done and try to predict some sort of change based on formulas and patterns, it's better to consider more closely what they've been doing in this show. Or at the very least, don't base your expectations primarily on shounen harem comedies. I would say the one and only romantic pairing for this show is set in stone; there is no more ambiguity or room for any change or variation now.
Old 2011-12-12, 22:49   Link #1027
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Probably. But we can't deny the fact that some fans might continue in arguing about the "pairing issue". Hehehehe
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 23:01   Link #1028
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Probably. But we can't deny the fact that some fans might continue in arguing about the "pairing issue". Hehehehe
Fair enough. I don't think I've ever encountered an anime that someone wouldn't turn into a shipping opportunity, no matter how pointless or hopeless the odds...

My personal opinion is "any ending is okay so long as it's convincing and justified by the text". So perhaps ironically, it's usually the shows that try to do something different just for the sake of being different that annoy me, because usually I don't find it very convincing or justified. This time I feel they've done their jobs pretty well in that regard.
Old 2011-12-12, 23:36   Link #1029
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:

My view is that this is what AU OVAs are for.

I'd be perfectly fine with the Mashiro-iro Symphony OVA equivalent to Clannad's Tomoyo After and Kyou After, basically. One for Airi, and one for Sana.

My view is that it would be best for the main anime narrative to stick to its Miu/Shingo choice, and continue to "keep it real". If you look at the most commercially successful VN-adaptations of all-time (Clannad and Kanon; Steins;Gate and Fate/Stay Night - although romance was secondary in these two), this is the approach that they took.

Now, I can understand why more VN-adaptations aren't like these four, though. Because it's the harder route to take, as you need to actually have writers and editors sit down and try to find a decent way to mesh different routes together while making it feel like a whole and naturally flowing story. It's often much easier to go with omnibus format and simply adapt each route faithfully in 3/4 episode chunks per route.

But if you're going to take the time and care to pull off a good unified format narrative, as Mashiro-iro Symphony has chosen to do (thankfully chosen to do, imo), then Manglobe might as well reap the benefits of that by continuing to have a story that feels pretty real.
Old 2011-12-13, 00:04   Link #1030
cyberdemon

Quote:
My view is that this is what AU OVAs are for.

I'd be perfectly fine with the Mashiro-iro Symphony OVA equivalent to Clannad's Tomoyo After and Kyou After, basically. One for Airi, and one for Sana.

My view is that it would be best for the main anime narrative to stick to its Miu/Shingo choice, and continue to "keep it real". If you look at the most commercially successful VN-adaptations of all-time (Clannad and Kanon; Steins;Gate and Fate/Stay Night - although romance was secondary in these two), this is the approach that they took.

Now, I can understand why more VN-adaptations aren't like these four, though. Because it's the harder route to take, as you need to actually have writers and editors sit down and try to find a decent way to mesh different routes together while making it feel like a whole and naturally flowing story. It's often much easier to go with omnibus format and simply adapt each route faithfully in 3/4 episode chunks per route.

But if you're going to take the time and care to pull off a good unified format narrative, as Mashiro-iro Symphony has chosen to do (thankfully chosen to do, imo), then Manglobe might as well reap the benefits of that by continuing to have a story that feels pretty real.
i wouldn't really compare any to Clannad like that. With Clannad even the AU OVA had importance to the main story. The other routes for this show don't really have an impact on this route like in Clannad. With Clannad they have to show these routes but they wouldn't fit into a flowing story properly so they had to go with OVAs.

Personally i like where this went. Miu was my favorite of the heroines from the beginning. It's kinda a bummer though that i couldn't see more Airi because she was a close second to Miu in my heart.
Old 2011-12-13, 01:52   Link #1031
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Anyone notice that in the OP, it looks like Shingo is trying to catch up with Sana? (the scene where we see him running and fatigued Sana's scene).

Not that I'm saying there will be a twist or something....just something I have seen for a while.

Ep.11 previews image
http://i.imgur.com/lzXFi
http://i.imgur.com/kPmwY
http://i.imgur.com/j4FTa
http://i.imgur.com/DBmIH
More preview images comes out in addition. (Wow, a lot for this ep.)
http://imgur.com/X4fxH
http://imgur.com/glL7e
http://imgur.com/QJSsN
http://imgur.com/BU3Wg
Old 2011-12-13, 01:55   Link #1032
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Especially like the last one. What a pity - I wish they had given more attention to developing Sakuno's character. But oh well ...
Old 2011-12-13, 03:57   Link #1033
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

Base off the preview images , seems like Yuiko gets some screen time in Episode 11 ...
xKeir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 13:04   Link #1034
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Spoiler for episode 11:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 13:08   Link #1035
Marina2

Ep.11 spoiler images
http://0taku.livedoor.biz/archives/4044662.html

Spoiler for ep.11:
Old 2011-12-13, 13:26   Link #1036
hyl
reading #hikaributts

The problem that i have with by posting links of blogs with images of the entire episode is that people will click on it and spoil the episode for them , while it leaves less impact than watching the raw (even if you can't understand japanese). You will be missing out on the atmosphere and other feelings. Also you can find the raws in less than a few hours , so usually i don't see the reason to spoil it for myself. But that's my opinion.
Nuko radio 6 is out and i will be uploading that one later today. Mayumi Yoshida is less genki than when she was the host in the OreTsuba radio, but still this episode was nice.
Old 2011-12-13, 13:31   Link #1037
pezzie

If people don't want to be spoiled, they can simply not click the link that is marked "Spoiler". I don't see why not give others the option to view the pictures if they wanted to see them.

Some people don't lose any enjoyment from being spoiled, and like to see anything and everything spoiler, so posting the link properly marked would be good for these people. Sadly I am not one of these people though and like to run from everything marked spoiler.
pezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 13:34   Link #1038
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Well to be honest even if I see spoiler images it doesn't bother me, because I seem to never be able to anticipate what is going to happen in any story. -_-

Guess I am kinda stupid that way.
Old 2011-12-13, 14:15   Link #1039
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Iroiro 11 - Make Love By Fading Out:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 14:26   Link #1040
cyberdemon

Spoiler for 11:

Tags
eroge, romance, seinen