Tieria Erde x Regene Regetta 57 9.30%
Graham Aker x Gundam 136 22.19%
Ribbons x Aeolia Schenberg 41 6.69%
Others (please list) 83 13.54%
Lyle Dylandy x Anew Returner 78 12.72%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 613. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-02-05, 02:03   Link #2021
mike_s_6

I have a hunch though that those snippets came from the "Marina faction". I usually go around 2ch and I have yet to see a compilation that defends the theory that it's Feldt who will end up with Setsuna. If you see it always the way Mizushima describes it, almost every information that currently supports Feldt ending up with Setsuna becomes a weak argument.

See, if he himself pushes any romantic relationship with Setsuna now, then the whole "corrupted with thoughts on love" thing will fire back on him - he will completely vindicate the audience.

Last edited by mike_s_6; 2010-02-05 at 06:23. Reason: scatter-brain mode, first paragraph did not make sense
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 02:30   Link #2022
Julao

There are factions fighting in 2chan?? the "Marina faction" and the "Feldt Faction"??
Julao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 02:50   Link #2023
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julao View Post
There are factions fighting in 2chan?? the "Marina faction" and the "Feldt Faction"??
When are there not factions when it comes to shipping?
Old 2010-02-05, 02:54   Link #2024
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julao View Post
Not really factions, it's just as you see on any board. You'd be surprised to know that in 2ch, Feldt has a lot of hate threads in ratio to her main thread. In that forum, there's usually something like a "XXX thread", and usually, a counter thread that's titled "Anti-XXX thread". Almost every main character has that pair of threads.

To illustrate the current main and anti thread counts:

Marina: 54
Anti-Marina: 23
~0.43

Feldt: 11
Anti-Feldt: 67
~6.09 => A whole number... For each discussion thread, it spawns about 6 anti threads.

Tieria: 499
Anti-Tieria: 72
~0.14

Likewise, there are shipping threads of all... varieties. I suppose the snippets above were found in the Anti-Feldt thread, but I didn't fetch it there myself. I went there once to check what their "platform" was, and that's about it.
Old 2010-02-05, 03:44   Link #2025
furato
Chronic Googler

I think I saw those snippets making their way to the main 00 spoiler thread too some time ago.

Anyway, I like seeing Mizushima saying "strictly speaking, it isn't. I think that it might be a stage of understanding before love, but will these two feelings intersect ahead of that point?" about Setsuna & Marina because that's how I see them too, and also why I'm interested in watching their interaction but not necessarily disappointed if it doesn't end up in romance. They are portrayed as being on a balance where it wouldn't be out of the blue if the feeling turned to romantic love, but not blatant enough such that a non-romantic ending feels unresolved (case example: Macross Frontier open romantic ending, Athrun & Cagalli's romance swept under the rug).

I feel that "in balance" feeling applies to the portrayal Tieria's feelings towards Neil as well.
furato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 06:57   Link #2026
mike_s_6

I also have a bit more of thought regarding Mizushima's comment about everyone being shipper-brained :P . The more I think of it, the more I think that he doesn't intend that to be derogatory. It's just that he wants everyone to enjoy the show as it is, and not cast expectations way before something happens. Not only could there be disappointments if you hold on to tightly to an outcome that can depend on the whim of the writers, but it also puts unnecessary pressure on him as the director.
Old 2010-02-08, 00:18   Link #2027
KaoruLia

This is funny. I don't watch Gundam 00 for the pairings, but to think that there's a Marina faction and a Feldt faction...

In a neutral standpoint, I propose for them to just put Marina and Setsuna together. I mean, all those wasted relationship buildup for nothing.
KaoruLia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 00:25   Link #2028
furato
Chronic Googler

I don't think mike means literally factions, just that there are fans that support Setsuna/Marina and fans that support Setsuna/Feldt. Among those fans, a few people are more militant in championing their ship, hence "faction".
Old 2010-02-08, 03:32   Link #2029
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Honestly, it would be lame and out of character for Setsuna to end up with anybody, Marina or otherwise.

Dude DOES NOT CARE about romance, and it's definitely not needed to make him a fleshed out character.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 12:37   Link #2030
tieria.erde
T-chan fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post

Mizushima: Just like that. During that time, Feldt gave a flower to Setsuna as a "comrade". Feldt has different emotions for each of the Meisters. Among them, Feldt's outlook resembles Setsuna's whose age is closest to hers. Just before the great final battle where the all the Meisters might have died, Allelujah has Marie, Lyle has Anew, and Tieria is not human (lol), so the only companion that she could straightly run to, was Setsuna. Her line that goes, "I wonder if Marina will get angry" is not about a girl who feels guilty for an illicit love. There might be a misunderstanding, but that is what it is.
that bold line is SO rude for T-chan fans!!! even mizushima didnt hear him scream BOKU WA NINGEN DA!!

tieria.erde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 23:11   Link #2031
cyberdemon

here's a question, is that actually confirmed as real? it just seems like the reason for it to be Setsuna that she gives it to is rather tacked together
1. i can understand Al since he does have another support in Marie.
2. Anew is dead so how does that factor into Lyle being out of it if Feldt's accepted the fact that Lyle is not Neil. You'd think he'd need a pickmeup because of that. If it's not supposed to be a romantic gesture than it should be fine.
3. because Tieria is not human seems like bull to me. What does him not being human have to do with with giving flowers if it wasn't supposed to be a romantic gesture? Feldt sees CB as family so him not being human shouldn't matter.

doesn't really make much sense to just suddenly come out with it like that either. most would just keep silent whether it was going to be included or not since it raises speculation and makes people more interested even if it doesn't happen. Plus, haven't they just skirted around the issue up till now?

despite all that, i like this comment:
Quote:
Mizushima: Everyone's heads is too corrupted with thoughts on love (lol).
lol

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2010-02-09 at 23:43.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 02:13   Link #2032
mike_s_6

I think there's a reason for Feldt to actually avoid giving it to Lyle, and it's not because of Anew. It's because Lyle has once played with Feldt's feelings and even though they've both possibly let it pass, it might bring back that awkward moment. Then again, I think Mizushima didn't even bother to think about that reason. He just wanted to say, "it was nothing romantic, drop it guys".
Old 2010-02-11, 13:54   Link #2033
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
I think there's a reason for Feldt to actually avoid giving it to Lyle, and it's not because of Anew. It's because Lyle has once played with Feldt's feelings and even though they've both possibly let it pass, it might bring back that awkward moment. Then again, I think Mizushima didn't even bother to think about that reason. He just wanted to say, "it was nothing romantic, drop it guys".
Well Mike there would probably be alot more awkward moments then just that and invariably comparsions between the two Lockons would probably creep into Feldt's mind and even if they didn't Lyle would probably always be suspicous of it. My point is this relationship would almost certainly end in a train wreck.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 14:21   Link #2034
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Well, looks like the SetsunaxFeldt fans all got a major kick in the balls there.
Appearently so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
Honestly, it would be lame and out of character for Setsuna to end up with anybody, Marina or otherwise.

Dude DOES NOT CARE about romance, and it's definitely not needed to make him a fleshed out character.
If Setsuna absolutely NEEDS a pairing,then I belong to a certain faction of those 2 than,however I agree with you,they dont necessaily need to force a romance againts him,he doesnt seem the type,he's more interested in changing the workd than personal relationships although he does cherish certain people alot,but he doesnt seem the type to just have a fantasy romance.

Perhaps one day,he will find love and start a family or whatever like alot of other people in the world,perhaps.But it may not necessarily have or must be potrayed in the show,or even told to us fans in any form.Besides it seems like Allelujah is truly the only one that probably will end up with his desired partner,and in a situation where they can have a long term future together too[family and all thaty],as opposed to a more complicated uncertain one like SumeragiXBilly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Well Mike there would probably be alot more awkward moments then just that and invariably comparsions between the two Lockons would probably creep into Feldt's mind and even if they didn't Lyle would probably always be suspicous of it. My point is this relationship would almost certainly end in a train wreck.
Yeah,and Lyle may not necessarily be able to stand the comparisons as well,especially by one who admires Neil so much.And he HATES being compared to his brother.Feldth herself may be dissapointed in what Lyle truly is,which is not to say that hes a bad guy or anything but more of a his a different person and what she may possibly feel may be just nostagia for Neil rather than actual love for Lyle.So in the end they both of them may have problems with it and the fallout,if it did happen may be a bit weird too since they work in the same close knit team.
Old 2010-02-12, 18:54   Link #2035
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Yeah,and Lyle may not necessarily be able to stand the comparisons as well,especially by one who admires Neil so much.And he HATES being compared to his brother.Feldth herself may be dissapointed in what Lyle truly is,which is not to say that hes a bad guy or anything but more of a his a different person and what she may possibly feel may be just nostagia for Neil rather than actual love for Lyle.So in the end they both of them may have problems with it and the fallout,if it did happen may be a bit weird too since they work in the same close knit team.
Well Sonic even if being compared to his brother didn't normaly grind Lyle it certainly would with something like this. Heck if either of them even started to hint at wanting to go down imagine the other crew members I'm sure would start trying to talk them out of it even someone who's emotionaly disfunctional like Tieria or Setsuna could see this is a bad idea.
Old 2010-02-13, 02:01   Link #2036
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Affairs of the heart are probably not the focus of the anime/movie.

Unless, they decide to create another sidestory for Gundam 00 romance, to satisfy "those" out there.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 06:24   Link #2037
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Well Sonic even if being compared to his brother didn't normaly grind Lyle it certainly would with something like this. Heck if either of them even started to hint at wanting to go down imagine the other crew members I'm sure would start trying to talk them out of it even someone who's emotionaly disfunctional like Tieria or Setsuna could see this is a bad idea.
Actually,I don't think either of them would care,at all.Not too much anyhow,they'll probably just stay out of it and be neutral.They seriously have other things to worry about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
Affairs of the heart are probably not the focus of the anime/movie.
God,I hope so,It thought S2 went a bit overboard with the romance theme[I'm mostly fine with it it was limited to just SajiXLouise though].I wished the director just when ahead and did that Spy Vs Spy Battle thing he wanted to do....but I guess there's little he could do since he was pressured by the sponsors,he said.But it didnt turned out too bad I have to admit.
Old 2010-02-13, 10:17   Link #2038
furato
Chronic Googler

Quote:
God,I hope so,It thought S2 went a bit overboard with the romance theme[I'm mostly fine with it it was limited to just SajiXLouise though].I wished the director just when ahead and did that Spy Vs Spy Battle thing he wanted to do....but I guess there's little he could do since he was pressured by the sponsors,he said.But it didnt turned out too bad I have to admit.
Goodness, that old rumor again. The only thing "pressured" Kuroda was limited airtime, because the plot he thought of turned out to be more complex than he has time for. And in the Mission Complete 2307-2312 interview, they said even in the purported "spy vs spy" setup, Lyle and Anew would still engage in romance to add tension to the interrogations.
Old 2010-02-13, 13:21   Link #2039
GundamFan

Quote:
Actually,I don't think either of them would care,at all.Not too much anyhow,they'll probably just stay out of it and be neutral.They seriously have other things to worry about.
I think they might keep in mind not as friends or jealous wannabe lovers more along the lines of they all have long difficult road still ahead of them and the last thing any of them need the Ptolemaios being turned into an episode of the Jerry Springer show.
Old 2010-02-28, 23:55   Link #2040
comewhatmay

Billy?: Diet member [Klaus] Grad, make a proposition to the congress that they be forced into a QBW isolation institution.
Sumeragi: Tell him how you feel. Yeah, thats necessary to understanding each other.

the scene where feldt was looking down at a glowing monitor in a dark room and not speaking, before turning her head towards somebody and utters a few words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0WNe6BrTbc

who should tell who how he/she feels?

what's with that scene where feldt just stood there and didn't say anything while sumeragi saids "tell him how you feel"

one more thing.

graham went aboard CB, and not just anywhere in cb base or ship, he was in the medical ward.

if there's one person graham gives a damn about to go aboard a CB base or ship, it's setsuna, since he was yelling so much earlier, maybe he got hurted.

look closely at the gramham feldt scene, there is a transparent glass with visible drapes on the wall where feldt was looking at.

this is a clear indication of intensive care medical ward

in other words, feldt was there worried over his condition...with graham.

feldt loves setsuna.
comewhatmay is offline   Reply With Quote