AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

Old 2010-02-08, 12:21   Link #921
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
Oh my, Durarara fan(girls) are sure fast. The tag 'デュラララ!!' used about 7k times, and a week ago it was about 3k.
The answer is very simple:
from the 3rd episode
I-ZA-YA-KUN - the main reason

Shizu-chan - the main reason

The other reasons:
step many types on the mobile phone and laugh at the same time
flying trashcan
punch which makes you loose your clothes
flying vending machine
flying russian-african-american sushiman

doctor who likes his woman without head( she has a nice body)

Last edited by pingva; 2010-02-08 at 13:21.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 12:40   Link #922
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Oh my, Durarara fan(girls) are sure fast. The tag 'デュラララ!!' used about 7k times, and a week ago it was about 3k.
I can see why Dullahan (or should I say Izaya X Shizuo) is popular with girls, same reason all these unrealistic girls are popular with guys
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 12:53   Link #923
tieria.erde
T-chan fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I can see why Dullahan (or should I say Izaya X Shizuo) is popular with girls, same reason all these unrealistic girls are popular with guys
haha well said! I think Izaya's debut was a hit and DRRR! is an instant favourite of many females now
tieria.erde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 13:10   Link #924
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tieria.erde View Post
haha well said! I think Izaya's debut was a hit and DRRR! is an instant favourite of many females now
He hits so many fangirl buttons Actually not to cross compare too much but a few of us talk about how much he reminds us of Mukuro from Reborn...just crueler So thats a nice reminder everytime I see him. I want fanart of Mukuro wearing Izaya's coat. Ahem.

Im not totally on the Shizaya bandwagon yet, I need more then a trash can to the face but thats a good start.

Im happy since my fave fanartist is drawing Drrr now
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 13:31   Link #925
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

^ So it's not just me that I noticed alot of artists that drew Reborn fanarts are now drawing Durarara fanarts?

I don't really like Mukuro from KHR anyway, but I have already joined Izaya's instant fanclub. They also had to pick a fangirl's favourite seiyuu, Kamiyan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun
He hits so many fangirl buttons
Simple yet to the point. Exactly that.

Am I the only one who likes Mikado?
Old 2010-02-08, 13:40   Link #926
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I swear, on dA the only fanarts I can find are of Shizuo or Izaya, and plenty of them! It's still floating under the radar there but on dA a lot of the daily, most popular works are originals or photography so it's not to be surprised!
Quote:
I like him! Then again, I like the normal people the best and he seems to be the sanest at the moment.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 13:51   Link #927
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Quite a few people like him around here, though there's just not much discussion about him. Can't really blame that really, when you compare him to the rest of the cast.
Old 2010-02-08, 13:54   Link #928
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Definitely not, he might be the character I enjoy watching the most right now. His little speech in ep5 most certainly contributed to that. Then again, my favorite characters are nowhere close to everyone else's - I'm dying to know more about Seiji and Dotachin (I'm pretty damn excited for his narrating this week). I could use more fanart of them and less of Shizaya but since I love Izaya anyway I'll keep shut!
Old 2010-02-08, 17:50   Link #929
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
If there was anything bad about episode 5, It would be that Mikado feels he needs the Dollars to get to the Harima mystery. I didn't really get the brain process thought of how best to help Anri turned into getting assistance from an underground group.

Mikado what are you thinking? =_= That doesn't make sense at all.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 19:19   Link #930
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
If there was anything bad about episode 5, It would be that Mikado feels he needs the Dollars to get to the Harima mystery. I didn't really get the brain process thought of how best to help Anri turned into getting assistance from an underground group.

He was speaking about a large organization in general.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 19:23   Link #931
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
About Celty's head: I think it will be the dollars boss that will have it in their possession, and Mikado will join the dollars along with Kida, except that boss will be no other than....
Spoiler for dun dun dun...:

because that way I think every character connects to one another
Nice try..but nope..haha.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 19:36   Link #932
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post

Besides you have only one side of the story. We haven't heard Seiji's side. For all you know, Anri could have been the one who decapitated Mika.

Her looking for Mika could be a cover or a desire to permanently bury the evidence.
Old 2010-02-08, 19:46   Link #933
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Besides you have only one side of the story. We haven't heard Seiji's side. For all you know, Anri could have been the one who decapitated Mika.

Her looking for Mika could be a cover or a desire to permanently bury the evidence.
Eh, even if Anri actually did do that, it doesn't explain why Mika is walking around with Celty's head and talking with Seiji who supposedly rejected her. She wouldn't have told Mikado and Kida in the first place either.
Old 2010-02-08, 19:55   Link #934
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Eh, even if Anri actually did do that it doesn't explain why Mika is walking around with Celty's head and talking with Seiji who supposedly rejected her. She wouldn't have told Mikado and Kida in the first place either.
The one who Seiji is in love with is Selty's head attached to Mika's body. Maybe Selty's head has a different personality from Selty's body.

They did see her going after Seiji and heard her say something to him. Mikado and Kida also was a part of that altercation with the other girls. She had to say something imo.

I'm just thinking don't be too quick to judge with only one side of the story.
Old 2010-02-08, 21:14   Link #935
Iron Maw
Banned

That's true, I'm just saying Anri has yet show anything to make either of them disbelieve/suspect her.
Old 2010-02-09, 05:27   Link #936
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
The one who Seiji is in love with is Selty's head attached to Mika's body.
Are we sure that it's Celty's head? It could be something completely different and in a show like this I'm hesistant to call it Celty's head just because someone else is walking around with a different head.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 05:52   Link #937
Sol Falling

Hmm, hypothetically and frivolously, try to imagine that head on Selty's body. What do you think? Good/Bad? Hot/Not? It kinda doesn't really fit for me. Maybe it's just the colour; red hair/blue eyes with a black suit, black bike, and black helmet. Still, I'm gonna go with 'Mika's head isn't really Selty's' based on this completely baseless reasoning (lol).

Also, on the Slasher1 = Anri connection. My first thought on that issue after watching ep 5 was that the slasher scenes were really fucking short, and I didn't get a good look at them at all. I haven't bothered to go back and pause or analyze anything, but I didn't really get an Anri vibe from what I remember. I am kinda not really into getting into any hardcore speculation for this series, so I'm not gonna deny it or anything, but for the moment that idea is going into my 'never woulda thought of it myself' category.

Speaking of liking Kida/Mikado more after this episode/finding out more about him (Kida): lol no. I do still find Kida amusing though. Frankly speaking, I kinda prefer his fake/exaggerated/flamboyant outer personality to the 'must not let Mikado go to the dark side!' *painful past angst* side of him.

lol at the ridiculous way this series emphasizes Anri's chest. Jesus christ. (yes, this has been a very late episode 5 commentary.)
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 07:26   Link #938
Lacrimosa

I want to see all this fanart of which you speak. D:

5 was fun, Kida makes a good narrator.

Oh and a question, what did Kida and Anri mean by saying she was Mika's "foil"?
Lacrimosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 07:44   Link #939
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

argh new page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacrimosa View Post
I want to see all this fanart of which you speak. D:

5 was fun, Kida makes a good narrator.

Oh and a question, what did Kida and Anri mean by saying she was Mika's "foil"?
When you use someone as a foil then that means that the person in question (Anri) is there to make you look better. So Mika hanged around with Anri because it was useful to her, whether or not Mika considered Anri as a friend is possible but not exactly confirmed.

I don't know if it's that common but even changing your choice of school to keep your foil looks pretty extreme for me.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 09:17   Link #940
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Nice try..but nope..haha.
Wouldn't be fun if it was only that simple^^
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, light novel adaptation, shounen