AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

View Poll Results: Durarara!! - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 13 24.07%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 35.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 20.37%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 12.96%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-19, 11:18   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Durarara!! - Episode 07 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Durarara!!, Episode 07.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2010-02-21, 14:58   Link #2
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Great episode, so far in this series I've really liked all the back-story episodes since most of the characters have a rather interesting past especially how Izaya, and Shizuo go that far back, and yet being similar type of person then to who they are now.
MAL
Old 2010-02-21, 18:37   Link #3
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Good episode .
I liked Shizuo's past , that was hilarious .
Poor Shizuo , he can't contains his anger Izaya knew that so he was toying with him .
Old 2010-02-22, 03:52   Link #4
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I thought this episode was great. Even though Shizou's reason for hating Izaya right off the bat was strange, I still manged to sympathise with him and hate Izaya a little myself. So that was well done imo.

Other great stuff like Darher Than Black, Bacanno!!, Cencoroll, chibi Shizou, teen Izaya vs Shizou, Shizou attacking Power Rangers, ShizouxCelty and Shizou weilding a road sign that says '!'.
Old 2010-02-22, 06:10   Link #5
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

That kind of uncontrolled rage I somewhat understand. Nice to see him actually say he doesn't like it either, but it being a bit of a subconscious thing that blows over. Nice portrayal of what 'snapping' is like, though he obviously goes to the far extremes as far as actually hurting others and himself goes.

But it's nice seeing him find solace in human relationships even if he doesn't apparently want to do so. Seems to work the same way with his rage issue.
Old 2010-02-22, 11:12   Link #6
tieria.erde
T-chan fan

hell yeah!!! a dedicated DRRR forum!!

10 for this episode - awesome to watch really. This is fast becoming one of my most fave anime. I couldnt have imaged any other way to tell Shizou story. Simon is just hilarious! And Izaya is as always, IZAAAYAAAA! Shinra seems to be retard from the very beginning lol I love that he ALWAYS smiles
Old 2010-02-22, 21:12   Link #7
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I thought this episode was great. Even though Shizou's reason for hating Izaya right off the bat was strange, I still manged to sympathise with him and hate Izaya a little myself. So that was well done imo.
personally i didnt find that too weird about shizou and Izaya i know that sometimes when i see or meet people i can instantly take a disliking to them but not to the extent of Shizou.
Old 2010-02-23, 00:21   Link #8
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Wow. That was good episode. Its nice to see what Shizuo was like in the past. LOL. I wonder why Izaya loves to pick on him so much. I hope there's a good reason behind his hostile actions towards Shizuo and not pull a "Because I want to" or "I just don't like you" type of reason.
Old 2010-02-23, 00:38   Link #9
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Hehe, about time Durarara got its own forum. I'm really liking the different pov/story per episode. Added to that the many interesting characters just dying to be told about, it makes for a good formula. The chat box section is still confusing, but coming from the makers of Baccano!, thats not news.

Hoping for more good episodes!
Old 2010-02-23, 05:04   Link #10
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Never expected to see a sub forum for this^^ The episode was very nice, although Shizuo would have to deal with 2 years of imprisonment for every signpost he vandalized Also lol @ Darker than BLACK poster right next to the one of Shizuo's brother, who ended up rather successful, a rare sight in DRRR!
Quote:
The chat box section is still confusing
Forever and ever~
Old 2010-02-23, 05:36   Link #11
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
personally i didnt find that too weird about shizou and Izaya i know that sometimes when i see or meet people i can instantly take a disliking to them but not to the extent of Shizou.
Yeah some of us in generic thread pretty much figured it was based he's intuition just like how he felt something was off about Celty.
Old 2010-02-23, 07:09   Link #12
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
The chat box section is still confusing
To be honest I've given up on trying to find out who's actually talking. I just focus on what they're talking about.
Old 2010-02-23, 07:13   Link #13
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'm guessing it's the two otakus and Shinra, but whoever it is, it would have been much better if they just met up and talked instead...gives a better feel to it.
Old 2010-02-23, 07:53   Link #14
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I'm guessing it's the two otakus and Shinra, but whoever it is, it would have been much better if they just met up and talked instead...gives a better feel to it.
Blue - Mikado:
- moves to Ikebukuro, questions the same questions as Mikado(who is Dotachin and Dollars, what could have happened to disappeared friend of his friend)
Grey - Celty:
- denying things: I'm no saying that aliens are scary (She afraid of aliens);
humans can't live without heads (that's was the answer about black rider - the monster without head);
It's not nice to judge people from rumors(the answer about that Shizuo is scary);
I'm not Shizuo's acquaintance. (the answer about that he/she is Shizuo's acquaintance) ( And you know, Shizuo is a long-time acquaintance of Celty).
-Yellow - Izaya:
suicide, rumors, practically knows everything that's happening in the city (who is related to suicides and is a Walking Information? Izaya.)

Last edited by pingva; 2010-02-23 at 08:25.
Old 2010-02-23, 07:56   Link #15
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
To be honest I've given up on trying to find out who's actually talking. I just focus on what they're talking about.
Personally knowing who is behind the nicks are pretty easy if you ask me, the anime has already dropped so much hints for 2 people, one is easy enough to figure out if you follow the way of talking, and one has raised so many suspicions of certain person (whether it's red herring or not is not the point though).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
The world isn't so analog anymore And really, we don't even know if Kanra, Setton and Tanaka Tarou know each other than in cyberspace.

Old 2010-02-23, 15:18   Link #16
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
The world isn't so analog anymore And really, we don't even know if Kanra, Setton and Tanaka Tarou know each other than in cyberspace.
Indeed! Online chatting has a lot of additional benefits for these kind of things kukuku~~
Old 2010-02-23, 16:53   Link #17
ac3y

- Great episode. Gave some much needed character development to Shizuo.
- Honestly, I don't see why people like Izaya. He's a major asshole.
- Celty's voice (and her whole character) is just a standout for me,
Old 2010-02-23, 16:57   Link #18
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac3y View Post
- Honestly, I don't see why people like Izaya. He's a major asshole.
That's exactly why I like him
Old 2010-02-23, 22:15   Link #19
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Yeah some of us in generic thread pretty much figured it was based he's intuition just like how he felt something was off about Celty.
yeah i was thinking something along those lines as well but for me i thought the hate was more along the lines of Izaya is sort of on par with him referring to his fighting skills and feels abit threatened. but with celty its not the same but sort of like a mutual respect.
Old 2010-02-24, 00:47   Link #20
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
This has been bugging me for quite sometime, but does anyone know why Izaya is wearing gakuran while the other students wear blazer? From what I can tell, there was another person who wear gakuran in the episode, but that's only one other.

Also, did I miss the name of the school they attend to? I couldn't remember at all about that!

I admit, that gakuran design has touched my fangirl button quite a lot. That red shirt sure have captivating effect as much as it's a very simple gakuran! (*A*)

Closed Thread