Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-05-08, 17:16   Link #901
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
Le sigh.

TK officially announced Atelier Rorona Plus for the West. And once again Vita is digital only. Ps3 is retail.

It's really strange that the Atelier games are always digital only on Vita. Deception was also retail and I can't see Rorona selling less than Deception. I buy my games digital anyway but sometimes it's nice to have a choice.
My guess in terms of Vita Atelier games being digital only in the USA and Europe has to be do with a business standpoint. With Vita sales extremely lower that the PS3 and the fact that production would cost more if you released the on a game card, Tecmo-Koei pretty much felt that a retail release of the Vita Atelier games isn't that profitable and instead went the safer route of being digital only.
Old 2014-05-09, 12:43   Link #902
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Akiba’s Trip: Undead and Undressed will be Dual Voiced & will contain more MANSERVICE

Now this is the important tidbit:

Quote:
If you prefer exploring Akihabara in Japanese, Akiba’s Trip: Undead & Undressed has an option for Japanese voiceovers. The English version will ship with dual audio including on Vita since the game is stored on an 8 GB cart.
So there is an 8GB Vita cart?

[edit]
Never mind that. It was misinformation. It's still a 4GB cart.
Old 2014-05-09, 20:21   Link #903
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

pict of my US Black Slim Vita model:

It extremely light, hell I didn't expect it to be this light. But it felt really cheap builden, honesty I wish they add some metallic part for protection at least. But this built is very comfortable also and not very tiring like the normal model and the batterie oh yes the batteries, I friggin happy with the amount of time i can play it with max brightness. I expected the Borderland 2 port to be shit but after sometime playing I'm starting to warm up to it a bit. But gods that friggin download take over 5g of memory, no wonder Sony is being somewhat generous of adding in a 8g card. -.-

Overall: 8.5 from me, comfortable and longer lasting batterie. But really cheap feeling and borderland 2 isn't a mass appealing game and many other better games could had it been bundled with.

P.S how's my Vita's start screen?
Old 2014-05-10, 00:05   Link #904
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ lol...yeah. enjoy your 8 gig stick while it last. try getting a 32/64 gig if you have
the money. it's worth it at least since there are some games that are digital only.

the memory cards are stupidly high price, thanks $ony. but with a 32 gigs, you can at
least put in there more than 10 games...if the sizes aren't too big. ><;

P.S.: the ps screen is sexy.
Old 2014-05-10, 06:10   Link #905
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
pict of my US Black Slim Vita model:

It extremely light, hell I didn't expect it to be this light. But it felt really cheap builden, honesty I wish they add some metallic part for protection at least. But this built is very comfortable also and not very tiring like the normal model and the batterie oh yes the batteries, I friggin happy with the amount of time i can play it with max brightness. I expected the Borderland 2 port to be shit but after sometime playing I'm starting to warm up to it a bit. But gods that friggin download take over 5g of memory, no wonder Sony is being somewhat generous of adding in a 8g card. -.-

Overall: 8.5 from me, comfortable and longer lasting batterie. But really cheap feeling and borderland 2 isn't a mass appealing game and many other better games could had it been bundled with.

I see you already have the best jRPG of all time in there: Persona 4: Golden* and some other great games. Gravity Rush in particular was quite a nice surprise for me, I didn't expect it to have quite as much charm as it has but it still feels like a launch game. One of the better launch games but a launch game either way.

*I may be biased... a lot
Old 2014-05-10, 14:19   Link #906
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

I just (finally!) picked up a Borderlands 2 bundle! Everywhere within a thirteen mile radius of my home was sold out; I had to call four different stores before I found one with it in stock.

The screen is beautiful. I never owned a 1000, but the 2000 doesn't seem like a downgrade from the units I saw at demo kiosks.

I wish there was an option to switch confirm and cancel between the cross and circle buttons. I can already tell that having confirm be where the "B" button should be and cancel where the "A" button should be (I've been loyal to Nintendo until now, this is my first Sony system) is going to give me headaches.

The system is updating right now. Once it's done, I'll put in my 64GB card and download some games I picked up on sale in anticipation: Persona 4 Golden, Vagrant Story, and Guacamelee. Then come the PS+ games.

And now to see if I can remember my eBay information so I can get rid of the game I have no interest in and replace it with one I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
It's very nice.

EDIT: And now that it's updated, it seems to be frozen. The green light is on, but the screen is dark and none of the buttons do anything when I press them. Even holding the power button for 30 seconds to get into safe mode isn't working.
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-10, 14:52   Link #907
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

My sister is finally getting the Vita on reserve, but she is into JRPGs, not shooting games so we probably end up selling the copy of Borderlands 2 since I have no interest and can't use it anyways since my Vita is tied to a Japanese PSN Account.

I still wonder how it compares to my 1000 model, which I have for almost two years… (I play mostly Japanese languaged games (mostly physical copies) and have a 16 GB card)
Old 2014-05-10, 15:45   Link #908
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
My sister is finally getting the Vita on reserve, but she is into JRPGs, not shooting games so we probably end up selling the copy of Borderlands 2 since I have no interest and can't use it anyways since my Vita is tied to a Japanese PSN Account.

I still wonder how it compares to my 1000 model, which I have for almost two years… (I play mostly Japanese languaged games (mostly physical copies) and have a 16 GB card)
The Vita 2000 model is the better machine whose only negative aspect could be the LCD Screen. It's no OLED screen but it is a pretty good screen in it's own right though.
Se7enSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-10, 15:49   Link #909
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post
The Vita 2000 model is the better machine whose only negative aspect could be the LCD Screen. It's no OLED screen but it is a pretty good screen in it's own right though.
It's just a shame that Sony seems to be failing quite badly at acquiring quality LCD screens (the same thing is happening with the cellphone division) because the Vita slim seems to me to be far more comfortable to play in than my 1000. The only downside I see is the smaller rear touchpad but that's mostly a gimmick and probably won't affect many games (the only one I can see being affected is Tearaway).
Old 2014-05-10, 20:29   Link #910
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Oh, joy! I have to take my brand-new-had-it-for-less-than-nine-hours Vita back to the store and see if I can get a replacement. And according to Gamestop's store information, that particular store is sold out, just like every other one within a fifteen mile radius.

Well, I feel better now that I've gotten that out of me.

Hopefully I can just wait a bit until a closer store restocks and make the exchange there.

EDIT: Joy for real, this time. My Vita isn't broken after all!
Old 2014-05-11, 03:59   Link #911
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
It's just a shame that Sony seems to be failing quite badly at acquiring quality LCD screens (the same thing is happening with the cellphone division) because the Vita slim seems to me to be far more comfortable to play in than my 1000. The only downside I see is the smaller rear touchpad but that's mostly a gimmick and probably won't affect many games (the only one I can see being affected is Tearaway).
Their OLED screens are from Samsung.

Unfortunately their OLED screens were early versions and were plagued with Mura effect. Samsung's OLED screens have definitely gotten better now so if there is a Vita 3000 I hope they return to OLED screens.
Se7enSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 15:50   Link #912
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

My sister finally picked up her own Vita and I unboxed and spent some time with it, which I will share sooner than later. Here is the screen comparisons of my old one with the new one.

While I don't have a game to show since I'm already in a game with mine, it's apparent that the new LCD isn't as good compared to the OLED. Speakers on the new one sounds a bit tinny compared to the old. But still, the lightness, battery life and using micro-usb compared to the proprietary plug on the old one is a plus.Also, it's a bit more comfortable to hold due to the bigger grips on the back.
Old 2014-05-11, 15:59   Link #913
Dextro
He Without a Title

How about the start/select buttons? I think the new, larger, buttons might be easier to press than the miniscule old ones. Am I right?

Also: it's interesting that the new Vita apparently lost the unused expansion port the original system had. Looks like that was completely abandoned.
Old 2014-05-11, 16:07   Link #914
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
How about the start/select buttons? I think the new, larger, buttons might be easier to press than the miniscule old ones. Am I right?

Also: it's interesting that the new Vita apparently lost the unused expansion port the original system had. Looks like that was completely abandoned.
Of course I forgot about that, but thankfully they are bigger as they are somewhat hard to press on the old ones.

Yes, the expansion port present on the old model is gone on the new one. I wonder why Sony decided to remove it.
Old 2014-05-11, 16:10   Link #915
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
Yes, the expansion port present on the old model is gone on the new one. I wonder why Sony decided to remove it.
I'm more curious to know what they were planing to do with it originally that got dropped for the new model. The vita is a rather interesting piece of kit both in hardware and in software and this is just one of the many things I would love to know about it.

I would love, for instance, to know how the operating system works in more detail. Particularly how they designed the OS to allow for every application/game to be suspended at any point in time and what kind of security the system has that has allowed it to resist so well to any and all potential attack vectors.
Old 2014-05-13, 08:07   Link #916
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I'm actually thinking of getting the slim model if it feels better than the original. Screen isn't very important if I can't marathon any of my RPGs, because my hands are already hurting after a few hours of play due to how awkward it is to use some buttons/grip the system.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-13, 15:53   Link #917
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
I'm more curious to know what they were planing to do with it originally that got dropped for the new model. The vita is a rather interesting piece of kit both in hardware and in software and this is just one of the many things I would love to know about it.
I think that the mystery port was pretty much confirmed to have originally been for connecting to a TV. That got scrapped in favor of the Vita TV.
Old 2014-05-13, 15:55   Link #918
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
I think that the mystery port was pretty much confirmed to have originally been for connecting to a TV. That got scrapped in favor of the Vita TV.
Hum... That was my personal theory but I don't think it has ever been confirmed. And, if so, then the hardware is still there and it should be possible to get it working somewhat if/when someone cracks the machine to run custom software (if the code to do TV Out isn't already there somehow).
Old 2014-05-13, 16:06   Link #919
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Hum... That was my personal theory but I don't think it has ever been confirmed. And, if so, then the hardware is still there and it should be possible to get it working somewhat if/when someone cracks the machine to run custom software (if the code to do TV Out isn't already there somehow).
Found the source. Thread on NeoGAF with partial translation, original source.

Relevant bit: There's already a scaler in the Vita, and all it would need to output to a television is an interface of some sort.
Old 2014-05-13, 16:14   Link #920
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
Found the source. Thread on NeoGAF with partial translation, original source.

Relevant bit: There's already a scaler in the Vita, and all it would need to output to a television is an interface of some sort.
If you scroll a bit you'll see that it doesn't confirm that the port was a tv-out port (that wouldn't square with the devkits having an extra HDMI port) but that the hardware had a scaler and the required interfaces. I'm guessing that TV-out was initially planned in a similar fashion to the PSP Go (through the proprietary USB connector) and the mystery port was meant for something else. Maybe an accessory or something.

Tags
playstation, vita, vita tv