AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-06-10, 00:51   Link #1921
JustThisOne
Eternally Ignored

This is the first time I really watched one of these conferences and I find it kind of ridiculous that people are so critical about the E3 conferences. Its not like the consumers benefit in any way on how good or bad each company does at E3.

And despite all of these announcements I am really not going to buy any of these games until I played a demo or seen a couple of reviews.

Though I am interested in Star Wars Battlefront, the new AC, Bloodborne (because I am a Souls fan), and LBP3.
JustThisOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 00:56   Link #1922
ScorchingFlames
Jack of Blades

It unfortunate that there was no info on D4 during Microsofts press conference other than what was shown on the closing montage. I really wanted to know more about it after playing Deadly Premonition.

Sonys press conference the only Games that got my attention are The Order:1886, Hellbound and Uncharted 4.

As for games that don't have no affiliation to either Microsoft or Sony other than DLC that is are Far Cry 4, Dead Island 2, Evolve, Rise of the Tomb Raider, GTA V next gen edition, AC Unity, Destiny and Witcher 3.
ScorchingFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 01:05   Link #1923
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

The only new thing announced at Sony's conference I'm interested in is Uncharted 4. Seeing the gameplay of The Order: 1886 has made me solidly interested in it though.~

I didn't pay any attention to anything from Microsoft since I don't intend to buy an Xbox at any time.
Old 2014-06-10, 01:25   Link #1924
Sacredus

Microsoft - there's nothing in this world that would force me to buy XBone so I skipped their conference. From trailers: Ori looks good (and will be available on PC). Sunset looks fun and... thats all. Ah, new Forza and Halo (XBO is not selling well: create new Halo... and remake of Halo... and collection of Halo games!). Also I heard there was't any numbers there, so I assume they still haven't crossed 4m (or just barely) sale point.

EA - Dragon Age... That fight with dragon looked like taken from some MMO... and auto pause as new feature? In RPG?! New Criterion game... and they won EA conference with this. Oh, they also showed white boxes from Mirrors Edge (and this was game that I waited for :/). Rest was sport games and shooters that I'm not interested in.

Sony - I wanted to watch this but... 3 A.M... Anyway...
Hardware: Vita Playstation TV... I will be able to watch dancing Rissete on my TV?! Shut up and take my money! White PS4... nope. Also they're still have this $ = € which is reason why I will not buy new big console in this generation (PS4 cost here ~630$ and games are for 80/90$).
Games:
Bloodborne - it looks bloody... but it's was only a CGI.
No Man´s Sky - oh, it will be also on PS4!
inFAMOUS First Light - Standalone addon to Second Son?
Entwined - it looks GREAT!
GTA 5 - well ok... oh, so it will be also on PC! Now:
Quote:
Dear Rockstar,
Please optimize your game and don't delete visual effects from it, thank you.
If no one rembember what I'm talking about San Andreas PS2 vs PC and vs iOS...

Witcher 3:
Quote:
Witchers are train from birth to kill monsters
What? o.0
And even on PC's minimal level of detail this game looks great.

I will watch rest of trailers later.

Last edited by Sacredus; 2014-06-10 at 01:47.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 01:35   Link #1925
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Screenshots: CounterSpy, Guns Up, Helldivers, and Velocity 2X

Quote:
Here are some new indie game screenshots from Sony Computer Entertainment following their E3 media briefing late last night.
  • CounterSpy (PS4, PS3, PS Vita) – 15 screenshots
  • Guns Up! (PS4, PS Vita) – 11 screenshots
  • Helldivers (PS4, PS3, PS Vita) – 9 screenshots
  • Velocity 2X (PS4, PS Vita) – 18 screenshots
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 01:55   Link #1926
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

I was hoping that the bug where all digital PSP games were downloadable to the Vita from about a month ago was an accidental preview of an E3 surprise, but... oh well. At least Sony acknowledged that there are actually games for the Vita, so I guess that's something. No Man's Sky looked neat, but I'm not planning on getting a PS4 (because I just prefer portable gaming).

My expectations for Nintendo going into tomorrow are pretty low. As long as they confirm Lady Palutena as playable in Smash I'll be kind of happy. Surprises like a Metroid, 3DS Majora's Mask remake, or another Monolith game for the 3DS would be really cool, but I'm not expecting any of them.
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 02:18   Link #1927
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Why most of the games today shown in E3 today looks like the devs have been hitting LSD.
Lots of vivid colors and out of place scenarios
Old 2014-06-10, 02:46   Link #1928
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Is it? Never quite noticed, although that might be due to having more Indies around in general.
Old 2014-06-10, 02:56   Link #1929
Dextro
He Without a Title

I personally got what I came for with the Playstation TV (formerly: Vita TV) announcement for Europe, release date price (99€ acording to the PlaystationEU twitter account). Then they topped it by taking Grim Fandango out of the damn limbo LucasArts put it into for years. I oficially love Sony for that one
Old 2014-06-10, 03:08   Link #1930
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Is it? Never quite noticed, although that might be due to having more Indies around in general.
Pretty much most of the indie games, I feel like those devs have been trippin' ya know. Especially that planet exploration thing, wow blew my mind, but damn it's so trippy.

Either way before I wasn't really interested in THE ORDER 1886, saw it has horror elements, that might get me to buy a PS4.

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2014-06-10 at 03:38.
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 03:12   Link #1931
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I personally got what I came for with the Playstation TV (formerly: Vita TV) announcement for Europe, release date price (99€ acording to the PlaystationEU twitter account). Then they topped it by taking Grim Fandango out of the damn limbo LucasArts put it into for years. I oficially love Sony for that one
99€ sounds okay-ish for it. I'm thinking whether to buy it at some point or not seeing that with Vita Slim the normal Vita may get cheaper. As long as it's still available, that is! I normally play all handhelds near a power socket or connected to it, so a Vita itself may be nice as I still have the portability when I need it. I guess it depends on the compatible games with Playstation TV as I play only RPG types.
Old 2014-06-10, 04:38   Link #1932
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
99€ sounds okay-ish for it. I'm thinking whether to buy it at some point or not seeing that with Vita Slim the normal Vita may get cheaper. As long as it's still available, that is! I normally play all handhelds near a power socket or connected to it, so a Vita itself may be nice as I still have the portability when I need it. I guess it depends on the compatible games with Playstation TV as I play only RPG types.
I'm sold the moment they update Persona 4: The Golden to work on it
Old 2014-06-10, 05:21   Link #1933
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Did I somehow miss this trailer in the livestream? I don't remember seeing it during Sony conference.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-06-10, 07:11   Link #1934
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Been going through a bunch of the trailers shown on this year's E3, nothing really sticks out to me so far in terms of eye candies.

The Division's trailer is probably the best I've seen so far in narration and execution. You would have thought this would have been last year's announcement trailer though.

Scalebound is surprisingly disappointing because it came from Platinum, a studio that always knock it out of the park when it comes to creating something stylish.

Bloodborne is so-so, there's only so much you can get from zombies, feels like Miyazaki is tapping into the horror genre a bit more with this.

AC Unity looks alright even though it's a bit corny with the assassin sentai group getup.

Sunset Overdrive, last year's trailer was much better. Too much talking head this year trying to explain itself when it shouldn't need to.
Old 2014-06-10, 07:16   Link #1935
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It clearly wasn't shown during the conference.

Anyhow, both conferences were pretty mediocre from the get go.

Microsoft learned its lesson and didn't discuss needlessly on hardware, connectivity whatsoever. That said, their lineup was very poor (hell, Sunset Overdrive was so mundane it looked like a railshooter). I still find dubious about how many people were shitting their pants when they announced Master Chief collection... really now? At least the pacing wasn't too shabby.

Sony pretty much did the opposite: we got stats and all that do not matter at all... why would we care about 95% of PS4 being connected to the internet? I swear all this buzz about community is killing the hell out of me as it nearly looks like you need to have coop in every frigging game.

The Vita was basically a joke: barely 3-4 games mentioned and nothing of importance was shown or discussed. In fact, it becomes a glorified peripherical device for the PS4 as if they wanted to mimic the Wii U for whatever reason.

What both have in common? Barely ANY gameplay footage. The only games that have noteworthy part of these are Bloodborne, MK and Arkam Knight. Beside these, it isn't like that we need AC footage considering Ubi conf.
I know E3 became less and less exciting over the years, but this year was particularly bland.
Old 2014-06-10, 08:15   Link #1936
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Snagged a niffy summary from Neogaf so that people can't say nothing happened:

EDIT: source

Microsoft

Quote:
Ori and the Blind Forest announced for Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC. It's an incredibly evocative looking title from Moon Studios, one of the most gorgeous games I've ever seen artistically.
Inside, from the creators of Limbo, is a timed exclusive for the Xbox. Yet another visually stunning experience from the look of things.
Forza Horizon 2 finally received a full proper E3 gameplay unveiling! Looks phenomenally fun! For Xbox 360/Xbox One. Arriving September 30, 2014.
Phantom Dust, is a remake of the amazing Xbox OG classic! I can't believe it's actually happening!
Crackdown has been announced for the Xbox One! Long rumoured, it's hard to get a feel for what the game will be like from the CG trailer. Check it out!
Halo: The Master Chief Collection has been announced for the Xbox One! Leaked with ntkrnl on neoGAF, it's real. 1080p@60fps. Over 100 multiplayer maps. Halo Nightfall videos included. Halo 1-4.
Halo 5: Guardians has an official E3 2014 trailer! Spartan abilities are in, assault rifle is back, etc. Check out the trailer and ongoing NeoGAF discussion!
Cuphead has been announced for Xbox One and PC. Boss battles are king in this run-and-gun platformer with an an artstyle evocative of the 1940s cartoons. Looks amazing.
Sunset Overdrive continues to look amazing in every way. Check out the E3 presentation!
Threes, the hugely popular smartphone puzzle game, is coming to the Xbox One - and will be playable in snap mode.
Evolve is multiplatform, so technically it shouldn't be here - but they did announce that the BETA and DLC will arrive first on Xbox One.
Project Spark is many things - like an awesome game creator - but few would have said it would be a conduit for the return of Conker. Yes, the one from Bad Fur Day.
Scalebound is the Platinum Games Xbox One exclusive that was long ago leaked to be coming on NeoGAF. Looks sort of evocative of a more action packed Monster Hunter. Thank you based Kamiya! Fuck yes!
Fable Legends multiplayer BETA is coming out for Xbox One this holiday season! Featuring online co-operative play, it's dramatically different from its predecessors.
Happy Wars, the previously F2P PC and Xbox 360 game, is coming to Xbox One. It was pretty badly eviscerated by critics and gamers alike in its previous incarnation, so caution is advised. (Link)
Warframe has been announced to come to Xbox One! Previously on PC and PS4, the developer said it is a "no brainer" to bring it to Microsoft's platform. I agree.
Halo Wars is perhaps being teased in the latest Phantom Dust trailer. Check it out and decide if this means we're going to see a new one soon!
Dance Central: Spotlight has been announced exclusively for Xbox One; download only, all your old previously purchased songs will port over. 8 routines per song.
Killer Instinct: Season 2 has had a combo reveal and Cinder teaser. More at link.

Sony

Quote:
Entwined has been announced, from Pixel Opus Sony's new indie studio. About two star crossed bird light things in love, you have to control each with an analog stick and move through the amazing visual obstacles. AVAILABLE NOW!
inFamous: Second Son DLC has been announced, standalone! You won't need the game to play it!
LittleBigPlanet 3 announced, by the sly little liars at Media Molecule! Just kidding, it's from Sumo Digital now! Looks amazing! So many new features! Out November 2014! PS4 has no games this year!
Destiny alpha is out this Thursday on PS4! Nice!
White PS4 Destiny Bundle has been announced! White PS4 controller, white system, destiny game. No word on price yet.
The Order: 1886 has had an E3 gameplay demo! Coming February 20. Played up the horror elements, although still very cinematic and non-gamey.
Bloodborne, previous Project Beast, has been announced! Miyazaki, From Software, Sony. Exclusive PS4. Worldwide 2015.
Far Cry 4 is multiplatform, but this part deserves special announcement. Anyone who owns the game can invite their friend to play with them, even if they don't own the game. That's right. You heard that. Exclusive feature for PS4.
Magicka 2 has been announced for the PS4! "The sequel to Paradox's action-RPG will feature the same cooperative multiplayer as the original," according to IGN.
Diablo III is getting an exclusive Last of Us dungeon for PS4 version! Includes fights with clickers and other Last of Us fanservice!
GRIM FANDANGO - fucking Grim motherfuckin' Fandango - is being remastered exclusively for PS4 and Vita! Made in collaboration with Sony. "Other platforms" later, whatever that means. Seriously guys, my heart literally stopped upon hearing this.
Disney Infinity, which is multiplatform, is going to have an exclusive PlayStation 4 collector's edition, and exclusive content and Hulk and four unrevealed heroes.
Let It Die is a PS4 exclusive from Suda51! Looks like a goddamn serial killer simulator, seriously sick stuff.
● Indie Games are coming out the ass. Check link for info on all of them! Includes: Broforce, Titan Souls, Not a Hero, Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number and The Talos Principle.
ABZÛ is the newest game from former Journey art director Matt Nava's studio Giant Squid. Looks astonishingly beautiful, with evocative underwater exploration. See to believe.
PlayStation TV, which you might remember as Vita TV, has been announced for $99 in the USA! A bundle with controller for $139.
Youtube is coming to PS4 in 2014.
Uncharted: A Thief's End was revealed in a teaser trailer. Unreal visuals. 2015, targeting 1080p/60fps.
Ratchet and Clank is getting remade for PS4! Out in 2015, said to be competitive with top end PS4 visual games.
Ratchet and Clank: The Movie has been shown in its first CG trailer! Check it out!
No Man's Sky, the astonishing indie game from Hello Games', is timed console exclusive on PS4. You have to see the trailer to believe it.

Multiplat

Quote:
Metal gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain had a short E3 teaser earlier, but now we get the full japanese E3 trailer! Bask in all its horrifying glory!
Rise of the Tomb Raider has been announced, SquareEnix and Crystal Dyanmic's follow up to the controversial original re-imagining of the franchise. Apparently it's about survival, and her finally accepting her destiny to raid tombs. Or some shit. Whatever.
Mass Effect 4 has been shown at the EA press conference! No platforms announced, but 15 seconds of footage. Looks like it'll be visually stunning at least.
Bioware New IP has also been announced, which you can also see a bit of them talking about. It'll be about contemporary stories, but they were quite vague.
The Division, one of the most beautiful games shown for the next-gen systems, has a new E3 gameplay trailer. Thanks Gamersyde for the HQ!
Star Wars: Battlefront has been announced for multiple platforms! Looks visually impressive and features stormtroopers, rebel alliance vehicles, all sorts of shit. No date announced, they'll be finished when they're finished they say. Explores original trilogy era.
Evolve looks friggin' sick, the co-op/multiplayer game in the vein of L4D, but with you vs. another player's giant fucking monster. Check out IGN get killed by the Kraken.
NHL 15 has been revealed! Not much to say - it's a hockey game, and it looks pretty decent.
Dragon Age: Inquisiton is not only apparently the biggest RPG Bioware has ever made, but one of the most beautiful. Check out the latest E3 media.
Battlefield: Hardline closed beta sign ups are up, and you can get an official look at the game now. First link is beta sign ups, second is gameplay. First thread is beta discussion, second is gameplay discussion.
Mirror's Edge 2 E3 2014 gameplay prototype has been shown off at the EA press conference! It's really happening guys! Ronpaul.gif!
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, is a follow up to the incredible Guardian's of Light! Co-op, isometric view, the whole shebang! For PS4/XBO/PC.
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfighter for a gameplay presentation at the Microsoft conference. Big surprise there, but check out the gameplay and judge for yourself if this one is up your alley!
Assassin's Creed: Unity, for PS4/XBO/PC, will feature 4 player co-op! Looks phenomenal visually as well. Watch the gameplay and read the thread!
Mighty No. 9, the Megaman inspired indie game, has an E3 2014 trailer to consume. Come to me, sweet prince.
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege has been announced by Ubisoft! For PC/PS4/XB1, looks actually tactical and with a fully destructible world! Check it out!
Far Cry 4, previously announced, now has real E3 2014 gameplay! Looks pretty decent if you ask me! Announced to have 4-player co-op at Sony's conference!
Dead Island 2 has been announced from Deep Silver! The trailer is fucking hilarious, so I recommend watching it. But also PS4 will have a 30 day exclusive BETA.
No Man's Sky, the astonishing indie game from Hello Games', is the space exploration simulator we've all been waiting for. You have to see the trailer to believe it. Timed console exclusive on PS4. Also, there be dinosaurs with feathers.
Grand Theft Auto V is coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC! Fucking finally I can play it! For those who played GT Online, PS4 version can transfer your data over from PS3... or 360 version. Out Fall.
Batman Arkham Knight had an insane E3 2014 gameplay debut. The visuals are out of this world. Also, exclusive Scarecrow missions on PS4. (Link, Thread)
Mortal Kombat X has had its E3 2014 gameplay debut at Sony's conference! In-game footage for your consumption

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2014-06-10 at 08:40.
Old 2014-06-10, 08:27   Link #1937
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Halo Wars is perhaps being teased in the latest Phantom Dust trailer. Check it out and decide if this means we're going to see a new one soon!
....wait what
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 08:39   Link #1938
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Honestly that puzzled me as well.
Old 2014-06-10, 10:19   Link #1939
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Snagged a niffy summary from Neogaf so that people can't say nothing happened:

EDIT: source

Microsoft

Sony

Multiplat
^this list proves they were good presentations.

I seriously don't understand why everyone is so dissapointed, seriously you set yourselves up for dissapointment by expecting way too much. You keep asking for gameplay of games that are currently being produced, if you get a CGI trailer that alone speaks for it self.

Late 2014 and 2015 as a whole is a good time frame to release these newly announced (and some announced someime before) games, every single new console takes about six months to a year to start releasing an extensive library of games, don't get too impatient, you only have yourself to blame for adopting early, now you have to wait, deal with it.

Anyone saying Sony gave up on the Vita: Did you not hear when it was said that there were more than 100 game.s being made for the damn thing? Making games take time, making games for a portable and having it being able to use it's features without looking like a gimmick must take time (I'm not a developer so I don't know). Sony should just make the Vita into an RPG, JRPG machine, Sony consoles are great for that genre.

I personally was not dissapointed, what I wanted to happen came true, I wanted both Sony and Microsoft to have a good E3 presentation and in my opinion both nailed it (and I'm a PS fan), besides Nintendo will do well also, but expect to have more of the same:

1. A new mario game (let the guy take a vacation or something)

2. A new LoZ game (obvious is obvious)

3. They will talk about Pokemon Alpha Ruby/Omega Sapphire.

4. If they are smart they will mention X

5. Super Smash bros. U is anither given, most likely a new stage reveal

6. Bayonetta, the Persona game, etc.

Either way, as has been said: "Anyone who is interested in Nintendo has already bought their consoles".
Old 2014-06-10, 10:30   Link #1940
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
^this list proves they were good presentations.

I seriously don't understand why everyone is so dissapointed, seriously you set yourselves up for dissapointment by expecting way too much. You keep asking for gameplay of games that are currently being produced, if you get a CGI trailer that alone speaks for it self.
The list doesn't prove anything at all, considering what we knew even before E3 started.
Microsoft was basically showering us with mere trailers, void of practically any gameplay footage save Sunset Overdrive, while few stuff like Gear of Wars and Quantum Break was basically absent.

Sony had a better content, which encompassed way more game genre than Microsoft did, but arguably didn't do anything spectacular in its presentation, save perhaps No Man's Sky, and even the latter was pretty much a demonstration of the engine, but not exactly the full extent of the gameplay.
Quote:
Late 2014 and 2015 as a whole is a good time frame to release these newly announced (and some announced someime before) games, every single new console takes about six months to a year to start releasing an extensive library of games, don't get too impatient, you only have yourself to blame for adopting early, now you have to wait, deal with it.
That's the opposite: a lot of people, me included, don't own any of the new gen consoles, and the presentations thus far are basically unappealing as far as it could go.
E3 2013 was already questionable when it come to library being delivered, but after a year, no real system seller was presented, save perhaps Uncharted for PS4.
Quote:
Anyone saying Sony gave up on the Vita: Did you not hear when it was said that there were more than 100 game.s being made for the damn thing? Making games take time, making games for a portable and having it being able to use it's features without looking like a gimmick must take time (I'm not a developer so I don't know). Sony should just make the Vita into an RPG, JRPG machine, Sony consoles are great for that genre.
If you are fine with bogus number, be my guest. My issue is that we only had 4 titles named there, nothing shown whatsoever.
Heck, we even have silly absences such like Gravity Daze 2 and the likes.

Among these 100 games, how many of them are indie and "HD remaster" ones?
Why being so shy about the vita, except for its PS now feature with the PS4?

Really, there are obvious reasons why people are quite skeptical about Sony's performance when it comes to the vita. And bringing Vita TV in the west is arguably not going to save the console one bit.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2014-06-10 at 10:43.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote