AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ichika 14 7.69%
Nino 30 16.48%
Miku 95 52.20%
Yotsuba 23 12.64%
Itsuki 18 9.89%
Other 2 1.10%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2019-12-02, 03:14   Link #4321
devil_slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Looks like this is truly the real deal. I can't help but wonder if this would have been better with Yotsuba as the clear main heroine from the beginning.
Main girl Itsuki got you covered.
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-02, 03:17   Link #4322
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Looks like this is truly the real deal. I can't help but wonder if this would have been better with Yotsuba as the clear main heroine from the beginning.
Reminder that Negi's twitter avatar was Yotsuba for a long time until he changed it to Itsuki before the release of Chapter 49. Also, there was that interview with the editor how the main idea for the series came from Fuutarou meeting his first love again, but he can't recognize her since she is a quintuplet. Like many said there prematurely, the editor gave it away that everything started with Yotsuba, the rest are afterthoughts. Last but not least, Yotsuba's voice actress voiced all of the girls for the manga commercial. She is supposedly a Miku fan, had the right to pick her role for the anime, and somehow she ended up with Yotsuba. So the original voice actress for all of the quints voiced the eventual winner.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-02, 03:18   Link #4323
Kunagisa

Feels like horseshit dipped in toxic waste as Ichikafag from day 1. Negi even dropped that she knew who he will choose even back then. WHY THE FALSE HOPE?!

End me.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-02, 03:31   Link #4324
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_slayer View Post
So you saying manga will end in 2-3 chapters? Unless Nagi somehow find a way to stretch things out even after Fuutarou seemingly made up his mind, I am expecting bait and switch here.

Not to mention something is off with Yustuba, is that really her room? My money is still on Itsuki.

Too much special treatment for her to ignore
Negi can go full Tomo Chan and draw 20 chapters retelling the story from Fuutarou's perspective...
To me, the choice seems pretty definitive. I guess there is still the chance that Fuutarou simply wanted to give a full closure to Yotsuba due to their shared past before going to Itsuki, but that would be cruel from Negi at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Reminder that Negi's twitter avatar was Yotsuba for a long time until he changed it to Itsuki before the release of Chapter 49. Also, there was that interview with the editor how the main idea for the series came from Fuutarou meeting his first love again, but he can't recognize her since she is a quintuplet. Like many said there prematurely, the editor gave it away that everything started with Yotsuba, the rest are afterthoughts. Last but not least, Yotsuba's voice actress voiced all of the girls for the manga commercial. She is supposedly a Miku fan, had the right to pick her role for the anime, and somehow she ended up with Yotsuba. So the original voice actress for all of the quints voiced the eventual winner.
That's something we can say now. At the time, there wasn't a consensus and every hint Negi gave was dismissed as res herring by half of the fanbase.
Old 2019-12-02, 03:33   Link #4325
Chosen_Hero

Anyone remember how Yotsuba was the reason Ichika committed character suicide? Or how she was the one that fucked up Miku's confession so badly that Miku went into depression and started believing that she was never meant to win? Better yet, how about the fact that because Yotsuba was the reason Ichika changed she practically double screwed Miku?

Here's the thing, Yotsuba knew that telling Ichika to return to her old self would mean that she was going to get in the way of the others, as evidenced by the flashback chapters where she saw and recognized Ichika doing so. Here we were faulting Ichika for all of that when in reality most of the sabotage can be traced back to Yotsuba in some way, heck, it wouldn't surprised me that if we went back and looked at old chapters that some of her "airhead" moments could also be interpreted as her sabotaging someone.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2019-12-02 at 03:49.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-02, 03:38   Link #4326
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
That's something we can say now. At the time, there wasn't a consensus and every hint Negi gave was dismissed as res herring by half of the fanbase.
Negi was, at that point, an unreliable storyteller. If the Mystery of the Quints was supposed to be a mystery and we have an unreliable source of clues, then how will anyone trust Negi? If anything, the problem with fan reception of the story is on Negi.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-02, 03:42   Link #4327
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Negi was, at that point, an unreliable storyteller. If the Mystery of the Quints was supposed to be a mystery and we have an unreliable source of clues, then how will anyone trust Negi? If anything, the problem with fan reception of the story is on Negi.
Never thought of putting the blame on the readers.
Old 2019-12-02, 03:50   Link #4328
devil_slayer

Quote:
Negi can go full Tomo Chan and draw 20 chapters retelling the story from Fuutarou's perspective...
To me, the choice seems pretty definitive. I guess there is still the chance that Fuutarou simply wanted to give a full closure to Yotsuba due to their shared past before going to Itsuki, but that would be cruel from Negi at this point.

Assuming Nagi won't bait and switch here, some form of retelling from Fuu-chan's respective is required either way since we never see him particularly attached to any sister out of the 5

Tbh I am pretty satisfied with Yotsuba ending. Anyone other than Itsuki is a go for me not because I hate Itsuki but just because I want to break this "main girl" formula
Old 2019-12-02, 05:00   Link #4329

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_slayer View Post
Never thought seeing Nino losing would be more heartbreaking than Miku tbh.
Well, Miku managed to shed her insecurities, become independent, has a dream in mind and is working hard to fulfil it.

Meanwhile Nino has no out out of this situation.
- Her "dream" and plans for the future were going to the same university as Fuutarou,
- She asked Fuutarou to stay by her side when her sisters go their separate ways,
- She repeatedly said to him and to herself that her feelings are never going to change,

This arc has showed off and strenghtened that Ichika has acting with her fans thanking her and showing support, Miku has cooking with how her food stand idea won the award and Itsuki has teaching with how she overcame living in her mother's shadow. Now Yotsuba has Fuutarou.
Meanwhile Nino is left with absolutely nothing.
I really wonder why did Negi triple down on that. She's just lost everything.

I've said it before: Nino's confession was great, but at the same time it was the worst thing that could've happened to her.
It completely threw her character away and replaced it with singleminded pursuit of Fuutarou. At the same time she wasn't allowed to succeed, so she either failed miserably, or hadn't interacted with him at all.
Looks like Negi never had any plans for her past her confession. In chapter 60. Over a year ago.

Quote:
I guess there is still the chance that Fuutarou simply wanted to give a full closure to Yotsuba due to their shared past before going to Itsuki, but that would be cruel from Negi at this point.
They specifically told him to go only to the girl he chose and that will mean others are rejected. It's as definite as it gets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
it wouldn't surprised me that if we went back and looked at old chapters that some of her "airhead" moments could also be interpreted as her sabotaging someone.
Throw in Yotsuba hiding Nino's letter asking Fuutarou to meet with her by the bell and stopping Ichika from stopping Maruo going after her.
And locking Fuutarou and Ichika in a shed back in The Legend that Binds

Last edited by 256; 2019-12-02 at 05:19.
256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-02, 06:04   Link #4330
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
So basically putting effort into something doesn't matter because a useless promise from the past is far more important... For some reason. Like I have said, in my opinion this will basically ruin Yotsubas character because she got rewarded for doing nothing and for not changing or growing up from her past self.
That is not a very healthy way of thinking. I mean, does one guy should love the girl back just because the girl put more effort to win him over despite that the girl is not the type that the guy likes or have feeling with her.

It is like saying that the princess should marry the hero who saved her from the demon lord despite that she already has someone she liked or a fiance just because the hero put more effort and risk his life to save her.

Last edited by Sixth; 2019-12-02 at 08:59.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-02, 07:03   Link #4331
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I doubt real-life logic should be used to justify this romantic development. Just saying.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-02, 07:09   Link #4332
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I doubt real-life logic should be used to justify this romantic development. Just saying.
In general in real life love follows no rules either.
Old 2019-12-02, 07:13   Link #4333
Tenzen12

It's because it doesn't follow any rules in RL, we read fiction where it should.
Old 2019-12-02, 07:20   Link #4334
wuhugm
Confused Shark

The mistake is to have clear winner from the start

Author should grow with the characters
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-02, 07:41   Link #4335
devil_slayer

I mean, eldest 3 were running after his d!ck for months now! If Fuutarou had any feelings for them he would have confessed by now I think or even showed signs of returning their affection but he never did so having him growing feelings of all sudden would also have been poor writing imo

It's either Yotsuba or Itsuki.

In all harem mangas I read, the one girl who actively pursued the MC never won.

@256 Maybe having Nino is part of her character development. She's been so obsessed about winning Fuutarou's heart. She can find much better than Fuutarou tbh lol.
Old 2019-12-02, 09:25   Link #4336
Ichinotachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
The mistake is to have clear winner from the start

Author should grow with the characters
In a way he invested time with the characters but the problem is that he fucked up by investing too much on a few girls, mix that with poorly made arcs until the end and we get this.

Yotsuba and itsuki needed more development but between those 2 he went with the safe option.
Ichinotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-02, 09:26   Link #4337
Lex79

The best thing from this chapter is that at least on reddit a lot of people are now more sympathetic toward Itsuki and her fans now that she seems to have been nothing more than a bait from the beginning. Reading comments about her that don't contain rants about first girl privileges feels definitely refreshing.
Now that we know who Is the bride, it's also time to reveal who Is the bell kisser, and I guess Yotsuba is the only possibility. In retrospettive looks like the Itsuki disguise was meant so Negi could draw her kissing Fuutarou despite not developing her romance.
Old 2019-12-02, 09:56   Link #4338

Once you really think about, the fight was never fair and that one interview confirms it. The one where the editor revealed that the entire premise of this manga was about Fuuts reuniting with his past love, but not knowing who she is from the get-go because she's a quintuplet. This turned out to be the generic romcom where only girl really mattered, and that girl happens to be Yotsuba. As much as I like all the quints, I do find it fucked up how Negi had to somewhat destroy 3/5 sisters in order to get to this point

-Ichika becomes a snake. No way was the majority going to root for someone who would hurt her own sister to advance.
-Nino (unsurprisingly) doesn't get to advance in terms of romance. She basically became the Marika of 5toubun meaning her pursuits would always end in failure.
-Miku basically became Nino 2.0 in terms of trying win Fuuts over which was just lazy writing.
-Itsuki doesn't even get fall for him.

1235 don't even really matter. They just exist so Fuuts doesn't know who Yotsuba immediately is.
1001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-02, 10:38   Link #4339
devil_slayer

Miku turning into Nino 2.0 was when I dropped her as my fav tbh.

Itsuki not falling for Fuutarou despite being the "first girl" and basically his best friend among all of them is still an amazing twist lol.
Old 2019-12-02, 10:54   Link #4340
Endless_Despair

I've heard people saying there's only a few more chapters left to go for this series. That will not be the case as this chapter will be the final one in Volume 13, which means there are DEFINITELY going to be at least another 9 chapters before this ends.

As for Fuu picking Yotsuba, I'm quite surprised but its not unexpected, I mean no offensive to Miku and Nino but that moment when they flung themselves all over Fuu in the pool chapter wrote them out as winners for me. Heroines that aggressive over the MC don't tend to win.

I've seen users here state that Yotsuba is not as developed as 1,2 & 3 and that is why I would argue that Fuu picking Yotsuba here now is essential for further development for her character. If you look at it this way, all through-out the series Yotsuba has been in love with Fuutarou but has pushed her feelings aside for her sisters' sake. As she not only doesn't want to be the only one that's special but she doesn't feel like she deserves it after failing to keep her promise to him. In her festival side story she decided to fully depart from her feelings and the fact she was at the bonfire and not in her room shows, she never in a million years expected to be the one chosen. Now if starting next chapter Fuu says something along the lines of " I know you were the girl I met 6 years ago and that's why I want to be with you?" how is Yotsuba going to react to that? I hear users saying "This is a pity win" and that's the thing Yotsuba has been trying to avoid the entire series. If she wanted a pity win, she would have gone after Fuutarou from the start. Personally if you ask me, I don't expect Yotsuba to accept Fuu's confession and these last few chapters are gonna focus on Fuu chasing Yotsuba as I doubt even now she feels she deserves it.
Endless_Despair is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dumpster fire, first girl after all, harem, privileged main heroine, quintuplets, retcon, student-tutor, train wreck