AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-07-27, 15:03   Link #10081
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
This manga become so bad after so many likeable characters died. Next chapter Wave either dies or jobs. He is so wasted in this manga, punching Syura was only memorable thing he did.
Oh, so the manga is not of your liking now because some characters you had come to like are now dead, uh? If you want a more lighthearted story go look somewhere else, this is the WRONG manga to do this.

The moment it was stablished that a fight between 2 teigu users had a very high chance of resulting in one of them dying, everybody and their mother should have expected we were going to have many casualties. But no, here we have someone who apparently overslept while reading this part.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-27, 15:14   Link #10082
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
Oh, so the manga is not of your liking now because some characters you had come to like are now dead, uh? If you want a more lighthearted story go look somewhere else, this is the WRONG manga to do this.
The problem is that Takahiro killed likeble characters for example Lubbock by piece of shit non-character. People just stopped giving shit.
Honestly, who would buy this now?
Old 2015-07-27, 15:25   Link #10083
Homura7

Quote:
Thousand of people. Sales skyrocketed after volume 11. Like I said, if you can't stomach seeing your favorite characters die you have a lot of more lighthearted manga to look for.

As for Lubbock's death, can't say I didn't like it. The guy went out like a boss, killing an important foe and using everything that was in his hand to survive. But when it comes to death, this manga is also kinda realistic.
Old 2015-07-27, 15:48   Link #10084
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

manga deaths are all anti climatic, underwhelming and "that just happened...", contrast with all anime deaths, maybe except leone which is forced as fuck
Old 2015-07-27, 18:16   Link #10085
Nighty40

Quote:
The problem is that Takahiro killed likeble characters for example Lubbock by piece of shit non-character. People just stopped giving shit.
characters dieing is an established thing about this manga (people even compare it to game of thrones because of it) and there's even jokes like "Akame ga Kill your favorite character", but I am sad that Lubbock was killed though, he was funny and had one of the coolest teigus (but again in this series it's too be expected)
Nighty40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-27, 20:13   Link #10086
Fwarlord

Quote:
I see, so people will love it more when a middle-tier character comes out of the enemy's nest alive while being surround by bunch of monster who can easily kill him. Here is my advice, there're some manga called Bleach and One Piece out there where the main cast always survive, hope they satisfy you.
Old 2015-07-28, 04:45   Link #10087
bastek66

Jesus Christ, stop treating me like I would discover AgK recently. I read this shit since time when only first few chapters were translated and manga really stopped being interesting like it was ~2 years ago. Waifu war shit was last popularity pumping thing and when it ended interest hit rock bottom. Recent chapters were borefests, killing low tier villains that no one cares about. It's obvious that after this cleaning manga will end similarly to that traiwreck anime end. Hopefully Nazibitch will die painfully and unhappy.
Old 2015-07-28, 06:52   Link #10088
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

only manga readers called AgK anime trainwreck... the rest are enjoying it and bitching at you guys complaining 24/7
Old 2015-07-28, 08:38   Link #10089
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastarforcex View Post
only manga readers called AgK anime trainwreck... the rest are enjoying it and bitching at you guys complaining 24/7
I read plenty of reviews that complained about last 4 episodes even when they loved earlier 20.
Old 2015-07-28, 11:15   Link #10090
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

I think that most of those complaints were directed at how 2 characters somewhat randomly died.
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-28, 12:47   Link #10091
Homura7

I don't have enough hands to facepalm myself at all that sheer foolishness.

Kinda reminder for those who live in their imaginative world where the anime was better. After it ended, countless infuriated viewers started reading the manga. Just one week later sales skyrocketed. Which one is better again, hmm?

You would think after 60 chapters readers would get used to seeing characters die here and there in unexpected and sudden manners.
Old 2015-07-28, 13:53   Link #10092
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
There are notable amount of anime-only watchers who think that the anime went a bit south near its ending. And even though Tatsumi's death is all fair game, Leone's stupid death doesn't really help matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
I don't have enough hands to facepalm myself at all that sheer foolishness.

Kinda reminder for those who live in their imaginative world where the anime was better. After it ended, countless infuriated viewers started reading the manga. Just one week later sales skyrocketed. Which one is better again, hmm?
You talk like it’s a well-known fact that the manga’s story is better than the anime when it's all really comes down to opinion and preference. The opinion of those who think that the anime is better is as valid as those who think the manga is better. And commercial gain doesn’t mean jack shit when it comes to quality art or entertainment products (see Twilight & Bayformers). But if you insist in using it as an argument, I’d like you to show us the sales numbers before and after this so-called “countless unfuriated viewers bought the manga” to see how “countless” and “skyrocketed” they are exactly, for the sake of your argument.

And this comes from someone who think both the anime and manga are equally dumb. So you don’t even have to worry about me defending one or the other.
Old 2015-07-28, 18:34   Link #10093
Wandering Soul

Quote:
I have seen quite a few anime only watchers say the anime went downhill near the ending.
Old 2015-07-28, 19:57   Link #10094
B214

Quote:
To be exact i actually like the anime, but the ending part had a few problems not just the pacing but some of the plots were completely unnecessary or just forced or had logic completely removed.

1. Leone's death. This was a completely forced scenario, they did it solely to kill off Leone with no real purpose, Honest's Teigu, a ring that can destroy Teigu once, what if they are 2 enemies. =__=
2. Honest's Teigu - completely for plot convenience into killing Leone, they might as well just pull a poison bullet instead.
3. Akame vs Kurome. Not them but the Danger Beasts that interrupted the battle in between.
4. Grand Chariot with Neuntote. Was there any real reason for this especially considering how little involvement Wave had in the fight.
5. Budou vs Mine. While i don't mind the fight, i find it utterly BS that Mine withstood Budo's lighting attack that could take out Tatsumi in 1 shot without any protection, counter all you want but that part itself completely bullshit.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-28, 20:31   Link #10095
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
To be exact i actually like the anime, but the ending part had a few problems not just the pacing but some of the plots were completely unnecessary or just forced or had logic completely removed.

1. Leone's death. This was a completely forced scenario, they did it solely to kill off Leone with no real purpose, Honest's Teigu, a ring that can destroy Teigu once, what if they are 2 enemies. =__=
2. Honest's Teigu - completely for plot convenience into killing Leone, they might as well just pull a poison bullet instead.
3. Akame vs Kurome. Not them but the Danger Beasts that interrupted the battle in between.
4. Grand Chariot with Neuntote. Was there any real reason for this especially considering how little involvement Wave had in the fight.
5. Budou vs Mine. While i don't mind the fight, i find it utterly BS that Mine withstood Budo's lighting attack that could take out Tatsumi in 1 shot without any protection, counter all you want but that part itself completely bullshit.
I agree with your point 1 to 4 to various degrees, but for your point 5, we don’t know if Budou’s attack that hit Mine are on the same level with the one that took out IncurSumi. Especially looking at how Budou’s attack to Tatsumi looks more massive and dramatized than the “little shock” he spammed to Mine & Leone .

Add to that, in the end, anime-Mein doesn’t survive Budou’s various (and ultimate) attacks and dies due to the amount of lightning-injuries she suffers. On the other hand, manga-Mein survived Budou’s ultimate attack. So the level of BS on both media are pretty much equal .
Old 2015-07-28, 20:59   Link #10096
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I agree with your point 1 to 4 to various degrees, but for your point 5, we don’t know if Budou’s attack that hit Mine are on the same level with the one that took out IncurSumi. Especially looking at how Budou’s attack to Tatsumi looks more massive and dramatized than the “little shock” he spammed to Mine & Leone .

Add to that, in the end, anime-Mein doesn’t survive Budou’s various (and ultimate) attacks and dies due to the amount of lightning-injuries she suffers. On the other hand, manga-Mein survived Budou’s ultimate attack. So the level of BS on both media are pretty much equal .
In the manga, at least they didn't get hit directly with Budo's lightning and were clearly dodging it. Regarding Mine surviving Budo's ultimate attack, Budo's rage blinded him. His Teigu was starting to run out of energy yet he chose to chase NR. In the end, his Teigu run out of energy and Mine managed to blast him away.
Old 2015-07-28, 22:06   Link #10097
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
In the manga, at least they didn't get hit directly with Budo's lightning and were clearly dodging it. Regarding Mine surviving Budo's ultimate attack, Budo's rage blinded him. His Teigu was starting to run out of energy yet he chose to chase NR. In the end, his Teigu run out of energy and Mine managed to blast him away.
The point is, in the anime, the power-level of Budou’s little attacks to Mein is ambiguous. So, we can’t say something is outright BS when we don’t have a good measurement of it.
Old 2015-07-29, 06:03   Link #10098
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
The point is, in the anime, the power-level of Budou’s little attacks to Mein is ambiguous. So, we can’t say something is outright BS when we don’t have a good measurement of it.
To me it was BS the moment Tatsumi took 1 attack with Incursio and was incapacitated yet Mine was able to fight back despite taking in multiple attacks.
Old 2015-07-29, 06:09   Link #10099
WingsoftheDragonix

On a different topic, I'm the only one that start to thinking that we might see Akame trump card in her fight with Wave? (if someone do not interrupt them)

Yeah, I remember what Lubbock said, but I do think that there is a chance for this to happening.
WingsoftheDragonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-29, 06:19   Link #10100
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsoftheDragonix View Post
On a different topic, I'm the only one that start to thinking that we might see Akame trump card in her fight with Wave? (if someone do not interrupt them)
Yep, this is why I said in previous page that the upcoming Akame vs Wave fight might be a good one .

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!