Confused Shark

Question Q.E.D. + C.M.B. [Katou Motohiro]

Author : Katou Motohiro

Info :
Q.E.D.
C.M.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.D.
Touma Sou graduated from MIT, but he comes back to Japan because he wants to know how it feels to be a high school student. On the other hand, Mizuhara Kana is a strong girl who loves sports. Together, they are partners in solving cases that happen around them.

Won the 33rd Kodansha Manga Award for shounen in 2009 (shared with Fairy Tail).
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.M.B.
We all know that a lot of the booty of the golden age of explorations made it into museums. The British Museum in the C.M.B. story, which had custody of the recondite scientific curiosities and artifacts collected by explorer/adventurers and stored in a Wunderkammer, decided to study the dusty arcana in the 19th century. Three investigators dubbed the "Magi" were appointed to do the research, each given a ring embossed with the letters C.M.B.

Fast-forward to present-day Japan where Sakaki Shinra is the curator of a museum of oddities. He now has possession of the C.M.B. rings, indicating that he has been granted the status of guardian of knowledge like the Magi that preceded him.
I don't make separate threads because I think C.M.B. is a perfected version of Q.E.D.
While both are great mangas, there are many problems with Q.E.D.
1. Sou actually has no accomplishments at all, despite dubbed as the Ace of the Mathematics Department of MIT and said to own many patents. We never being told what are his researches and theories. While Shinra's own discoveries often told to us. This is because at this point of time, the author is afraid to write "fake" information. Even all the cases where there's supposed to be new theories, in the end it turned out to be frauds.
2. Sou got no recognition at all. He solved 100 cases before the the sequel, some in public and even in live TV, also for CIA etc, yet he never got popular. The police and CIA didn't try to recruit him, and nobody reward him for anything. His fame only came from his Math "accomplishments"(which is actually none). This is why Shinra always ask for fee to guide people to Wunderkammer.

Except Nanase Tatsuki being an inferior clone to Mizuhara Kana, I think C.M.B. is much better (also coz Mau)

Q.E.D. has a sequel btw, Q.E.D. iff
Something is wrong with Sou's personality there
New catchphrase and shit
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-03, 01:14   Link #2
Kunagisa

iff Chapter 27's pretty nice. One of the ridiculously well crafted criminal chapter.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-03, 01:46   Link #3
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Wow
I know this manga, still in my wonder why this not get anime green light yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Author : Katou Motohiro

Info :
Q.E.D.
C.M.B.

I don't make separate threads because I think C.M.B. is a perfected version of Q.E.D.
While both are great mangas, there are many problems with Q.E.D.
1. Sou actually has no accomplishments at all, despite dubbed as the Ace of the Mathematics Department of MIT and said to own many patents. We never being told what are his researches and theories. While Shinra's own discoveries often told to us. This is because at this point of time, the author is afraid to write "fake" information. Even all the cases where there's supposed to be new theories, in the end it turned out to be frauds.
2. Sou got no recognition at all. He solved 100 cases before the the sequel, some in public and even in live TV, also for CIA etc, yet he never got popular. The police and CIA didn't try to recruit him, and nobody reward him for anything. His fame only came from his Math "accomplishments"(which is actually none). This is why Shinra always ask for fee to guide people to Wunderkammer.

Except Nanase Tatsuki being an inferior clone to Mizuhara Kana, I think C.M.B. is much better (also coz Mau)

New catchphrase and shit
Now you mentioned it, that is true.

Lol actually this manga crime level is higher than Conan and Kindaichi combined. I remember once read the chapter of C.M.B where Shinra and Suou fought in international court of united nations to determine a dictator fate. Shit is real there, you would not get that shit like that from Conan and Kindaichi
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-03, 03:47   Link #4
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^The crossover chapter yea
Too bad these mangas are more episodic than even Conan
So any accomplishments will be forgotten after a few chapters (still fun to read tho)
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-03, 05:16   Link #5
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
New catchphrase and shit
IFF simply reset his personality back to square one.
Its kinda annoying because while he got reset Kana retains her character improvement, meanwhile the case layout became more CMB-ish, something that doesn't really fit Sou after all the QED volumes. Not that different from Aoyama Gosho's Kaitou Kid that previously stand alone thief story, now became Detective Conan 1.5 since Kid second appearance in Conan.

Tags
detective, episodic