Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-09-18, 10:33   Link #6121
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
While on the subject, I think this next battle is approaching a bit too fast. We just settled a big battle arc, a bit of juxtaposition would be appreciated here.
Pretty much what MechR said... unless Mashima cops out, this won't even be a battle, but a one-sided beatdown that triggers the next arc's beginning.

The whole arc was literally building up to this point from the get-go, where we had massive hints of Fairy Tail's fall, which they had averted multiple times in this arc itself through the power of false lores and friendship.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 10:34   Link #6122
kitten320

I don't think that anyone from FT will die... I mean come on, even Lissana is alive =/

FT is an easy going series so the lack of deaths does not bother me as much here as in Bleacg but I really wouldn't mind if someone did die... or for FT to get owned... especially for Natsu and maybe Erza... Natsu's wins start to get annoying =/

I really want to see a similar arc to the one with evil Gajeel. Even though FT did win back then, they still suffered a lot of damage. That was my fave arc.
Old 2011-09-18, 11:30   Link #6123
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I don't think that anyone from FT will die... I mean come on, even Lissana is alive =/

FT is an easy going series so the lack of deaths does not bother me as much here as in Bleacg but I really wouldn't mind if someone did die... or for FT to get owned... especially for Natsu and maybe Erza... Natsu's wins start to get annoying =/

I really want to see a similar arc to the one with evil Gajeel. Even though FT did win back then, they still suffered a lot of damage. That was my fave arc.
agreed.

Makarov should have died when he could, that will make things more dramatic.

Additionally, the fights are getting boring for me. plot still ok, nothing fantastic, just typical battle shounen. I'll read on for Lucy's sake.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 14:09   Link #6124
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post

Acnologia is the Black Dragon ? Waiting confirmation at the next chapter.
Here is my teory for what that black flying giant thing probably is; As we already know for a fact however that Zeref has atleast a small but most likely big role in the disappearance of the dragons from the conversation between Grandine and Igneel in one of those chapters at the beggining of story. So I wonder if that black dragon will causing to end of the human era and by summoning other missing dragons, will it be start of new Dragon Age? If story turns out to be like this then expect to see new Dragon Slayers who is going to fight with those dragons from now on and of course Natsu needs to be get stronger after going through some harsh training with the other three dragon slayer along with him in the guild. I'm also waiting to see what is that thing and want to see confirmation at the next chapter. So inevitable death is coming and I wonder who is going to get killed by that Black Dragon aka Acnologia. It's going to be one of our favorite characters probably, we can say that for sure by looking to Natsu's dreadful face back in the Charle's prescience.
Old 2011-09-18, 14:34   Link #6125
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

They can kill just about half a guild really. Since there are too many characters at the moment anyway, none of which are getting developed. Ranks need to be thinned.
Old 2011-09-18, 18:25   Link #6126
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
They can kill just about half a guild really. Since there are too many characters at the moment anyway, none of which are getting developed. Ranks need to be thinned.
Kill everything that doesn't have boobs.

I would approve of this.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 18:47   Link #6127
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Kill everything that doesn't have boobs.

I would approve of this.
Not Levy though, she's the Bulma to Gajeel's Vegeta. Jet and Droy are fair game though. Them fuckers can't take a confession rejection seriously-.-.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 10:28   Link #6128
MisterJB
Warden of the West

I loved this chapter. First Cana and Lucy are naked, then Luxus' attempt to kill his fellow guild members is described as being a little bit awkward, then Natsu's male romance awakens, Gildzart once again proves why he is the manliest man in the world and then there's a bloody dragon.
Old 2011-09-19, 11:07   Link #6129
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
I loved this chapter. First Cana and Lucy are naked, then Luxus' attempt to kill his fellow guild members is described as being a little bit awkward, then Natsu's male romance awakens, Gildzart once again proves why he is the manliest man in the world and then there's a bloody dragon.
you summed that up nicely
Old 2011-09-19, 11:50   Link #6130
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
You forgot Makarov practically killing Natsu in a one hit KO. Other than forgetting that I approve of your retelling of the chapter.
Old 2011-09-19, 12:59   Link #6131
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Has Natsu actually even gotten better from the beginning of the series? Since all his wins are temporary "nakama power ups", his core hasn't seem to have gotten better at all. Its a cheap way of prolonging the series I suppose
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 13:08   Link #6132
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

If anything Natsu has progressively gotten weaker.
Old 2011-09-19, 14:43   Link #6133
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Nope, he's gotten a lot stronger. Back when he was fighting Eligor, I think it was Happy who stated that a DS' power level depends on their emotions. Now think about all the nakama Natsu has gained since chapter 1, just from extalia he's got enough to beat Chuck Norris :P
Ofc this is cheap as hell, I honestly can't think of another FT arc with friendship power nukes, and hope it turns into a bloody family vendetta between Natsu and Zeref, who turn out to be immortal brothers since time immemorial, except the former will need to absorb every other DS power before killing the latter :S

EDIT: @ Ryus, he technically powered up when he used a dragon's roar to knock out Cobra...never had to use that one again, though.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2011-09-19 at 15:27.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 15:20   Link #6134
Ryus
The One Eyed King

I'm not sure I'd say Natsu has gotten stronger after a certain point in the manga after Phantom Lord arc (though it is true he's far stronger than he was when first introduced) but has sense been more able to access the same level of hax level of power he first showed in a more plausible way. Then has continued to gain a few powerups after that when that wasn't enough.

Now I agree that he's more capable now overall but his max level of power without powerups hasn't really reached new levels. However he is lasting far longer at those levels of power up and sometimes hitting them naturally and without as cheesy of power ups.

For example Natsu displayed around the same level of power after eating Etherion and the Flame of Rebuke then entering DF but he did display more base power before hitting that power up in OS arc vs ToP arc. In short, IMHO Natsu is accessing his true power more easily now and once he finally unlocks what a DS can do he can then actually get stronger on his own again. Look at Edolas for proof... he entered DF on his own that arc, if only for a moment, yet over all DF hasn't been implied to be weaker or stronger but hinted as more of a constant god level of power... implied through out the manga to be even greater than Erza level and hinted at around Makarov level (that is until FF arc when Laxus implied he was stronger than Erza and and once again in Edolas arc when Gilartz showed up and showed us another level of power then hinted that Dragons where beyond that and now finally in S-class Trail when Hades beat the crap out of Makarov and easily defeated Natsu and then held off even Fire Lightning Dragon until his heart was destroyed).

How do I put this... DF is like FT version of Super Saiyan but once he finally truly unlocks that ability and is can summon it whenever and not just based on his emotional state he can then unlock level 2. Now it is true that unlocking of his potential is a getting stronger from a certain pov but since we're judging max power, and not his stages in between, I say that is irrelevant in this discussion.
Old 2011-09-24, 07:26   Link #6135
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Spoiler for CH 252 spoilers... and a colored page:
Old 2011-09-24, 08:08   Link #6136
ShiroiRyu

252 :

Spoiler for 252:
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 09:08   Link #6137
immblueversion

Whoever scanned these scans really must try to scan all the scans.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 19:18   Link #6138
MariaRianki
Narwhal

Location: Part of the year in Europe, the other part in America.
Judging by Cana's reaction and the fact that she was included at all in Charle's premonition, I'd say that Gildarts is going to be killed. It fits that Natsu would be that upset, too, although I'd say that hand shown didn't look very manly. But I could be wrong.
MariaRianki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 19:49   Link #6139
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaRianki View Post
Judging by Cana's reaction and the fact that she was included at all in Charle's premonition, I'd say that Gildarts is going to be killed. It fits that Natsu would be that upset, too, although I'd say that hand shown didn't look very manly. But I could be wrong.
Cana cried at Mavis' grave when she realized she abandoned her friends for her goal. Natsu cried at his match with Gildarts. He had no bandage on, also, Cana is wearing something different from what she was wearing at her vision. The hand is Lucy when she was knocked out with Cana's sleep card.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 19:54   Link #6140
immblueversion

I do wonder if that's the case. Because the hand is a right hand entirely uncovered down past the wrist, and Gildarts's hand is covered up to the wrist. It can't be Makarov's either, because his right hand is also covered in bandages as of the final shot of chapter 252 (not counting the scene where he removed all the bandages to clobber Natsu in the previous chapter).

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen