AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-05-18, 10:51   Link #1761
Micropod

There are more people who think they'll be able to play Chronicles 04 than Total Eclipse.
Micropod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 12:38   Link #1762
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by issuzark View Post
I doubt they could.

Back to TDA 03, I guess somehow Yuzuka and Hibiki end up having some sort of relationship of sorts, and then she dies. Ah shit.
Inb4 Ikrauga NTRs her away just because he could.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 15:20   Link #1763
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
What the fuck.

9 eyes for simultaneous firing of pure HATE?
Might be able to fire ALL THOSE STINGERS for more BETA dakka?
Blue glows which meant A FREAKING REACTOR is insde that thing,which meant it don't need to rest at all?
Don't give a fuck about smaller strain because it iz bigga and they aze smalla?

Well,shit.

My fic just got more interesting,maybe all this waiting and Beta-ing(No,not that one)is good after all.*Evil smile*
That Fort-Laser Class BETA is even worse once you consider what the BETA are supposed to be and what its' appearance implies.

Resource-collectors, up until now, each BETA strain has been in some way design for resource extraction, like how Destroyer-classes are spades, Grappler are pickaxes, Lasers as heavy duty drillers, etc.

The Fort-Laser Class seems way too overpowered for any practical "civilian-use". It may be the first BETA we see designed specifically as a weapon, the first of the Superior's solution to humanity after taking the gloves off at Yokohama Base. It kind of validates their haste to start Operation Ouka and Operation Trident; a few more weeks/months and these Fort-Lasers would have been at the forefront of a redesigned and tactically guided BETA herd. It can be likely, given how easily the BETA breed/produce themselves, they were just starting production of these Fort-Lasers after analyzing the data from Yokohama Base when Operation Ouka started; as if I remember correctly, it was said that the BETA take a few days/week to formulate a response. Humanity attacked just as the first "solutions" from the Yokohama data was rolling off the BETA's version of the "assembly line".
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 15:31   Link #1764
calubin_175

Chronicles 04 as an August release is a bit quick.

I can't quite make out from the pic, but should we expect Kurogane's black Takemikazuchi to be the standard one with the simplified head or should he get the high mobility one?
calubin_175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 17:14   Link #1765
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Preorders when?

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 17:23   Link #1766
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Problem: The BETA are still evolving, even if we consider the Original Hive Superior being gone. The other Hives might be picking up the slack, likely experimenting with other BETA derivatives and trying out new tactics.

Just thinking: The Soldier-class BETA were constructed from Human tissue. So it's pretty likely that the BETA were thinking up alternate types and species to counteract whatever human beings can create--the main advantage that BETA have is that they can pretty much produce new variants/strains in a short period of time. On the other hand, humans still need development time to create new TSFs, and that's not taking into account how long it takes to train a human Eishi capable enough for the job.

I'm now wondering if taking ou the Original Hive Superior in ML:Alt only delayed things as opposed ot actually giving humanity a foothold against the BETA.
I had the impression that they're like Zergs

When you have an Overmind managing things, they are capable of tactics, learning, feints, and improvising

With the Overmind gone, they're back to rudimentary programmed functions

Then again, the Zergs knew how to make a new Overmind. Maybe it's the same for BETA
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 20:08   Link #1767
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Then again, the Zergs knew how to make a new Overmind. Maybe it's the same for BETA
- Cut off one head, two more take their place.

You could probably even theorize all those mythical creatures (like the Hydra) are actually based on memories human beings have of previous BETA invasions. Hell, you could probably (tongue fully in cheek) theorize the BETA were responsible for killing off the Dinosaurs and humans were among the very few creatures left alive after they strip-mined the planet the last time.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 22:32   Link #1768
calubin_175

Man I really have to play the VN to get all the details. The Phase 3 is certainly no Shiranui at all. It is just a YF-23 painted in Shiranui 2nd colors, with a Shiranui like head mast, and equipped with Japanese weapons, pylons and jump units. I think they just jacked the two museum display pieces while the original weapons, pylons and jump units were kept elsewhere.
Old 2013-05-18, 22:38   Link #1769
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Yeah I know that feel... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
News reports from 6 months ago published the disappearance of a pair of prototype TSFs on display at the Chicago Tactical Forces Museum. The night security guard in charge of patrolling the area was found unconscious, and upon revival, claimed that it was done by ninjas, which was dismissed as ridiculous by the Japanese envoy Ikagura who was visiting. US military leaders have declined to comment at this time, with a 5 Star General stating overriding concerns more important than "...an overpriced piece of junk, no clue why everyone is so worked up over it. Its good but not that good... Could have taken out 6 of them in an F-4..." before getting diverted by a band of girls showcasing the latest reinforced armor.

In recent news, Japan has unveiled another new prototype and sent it for testing at Yukon base. While this has raised queries of their intention of sending a new unit for evaluation at this time, with the recent test completion of the jointly-developed XFJ-01, more disconcerting is the shape of the new unit, which, except for the presence of head fins, is identically similar to the TSF unit that went missing in US 6 months ago. On being questioned, the Japanese representative was recorded as saying in Japanese"This TSF is completely our designer’s original. We had never thought that this TSF look alike something. We don’t know what 'Biake Wiideow' is. But, as we was pointed out that, we are fixing it up now."

*In a recent update, a security camera record shows that one of the ears seems to have fallen off, before being put back in its place by a technician with a roll of duct tape. Concerns about the safety of the machine have been raised by the evaluators, and the test pilot has been seen muttering about "The Short, Happy Life of the Cherry Blossom"

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 22:56   Link #1770
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
(Gagfic)
- Write this. Man, PLEASE write this and bring this over to the Muv-Luv Fanfiction thread. Turn it into a full-blown parody fanfic. I beg of you. It's asking to be done.
Old 2013-05-18, 23:00   Link #1771
calubin_175

The whole idea of stealing a full mech is kind of new in Muv-Luv, but it is utterly dishonorable behaviour and stains the beloved characters. I know that Muv-Luv TE does have dumb characters since Kouki was trying to show how dumb humans can be, but does he admit that them stealing the YF-23 is dumb, or is he dumb for coming up with such an idea? Blaming the in-universe character is okay as long as it serves a purpose.
Old 2013-05-18, 23:01   Link #1772
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by calubin_175 View Post
but does he admit that them stealing the YF-23 is dumb, or is he dumb for coming up with such an idea?
- Or maybe he's calling fans of the YF-23 dumb for wanting it featured in Muv-Luv somehow?

No, really--why even come up with the Koto 1/144 YF-23 kit at all if not because of anticipated fan demand?
Old 2013-05-18, 23:24   Link #1773
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
That Fort-Laser Class BETA is even worse once you consider what the BETA are supposed to be and what its' appearance implies.

Resource-collectors, up until now, each BETA strain has been in some way design for resource extraction, like how Destroyer-classes are spades, Grappler are pickaxes, Lasers as heavy duty drillers, etc.

The Fort-Laser Class seems way too overpowered for any practical "civilian-use". It may be the first BETA we see designed specifically as a weapon, the first of the Superior's solution to humanity after taking the gloves off at Yokohama Base. It kind of validates their haste to start Operation Ouka and Operation Trident; a few more weeks/months and these Fort-Lasers would have been at the forefront of a redesigned and tactically guided BETA herd. It can be likely, given how easily the BETA breed/produce themselves, they were just starting production of these Fort-Lasers after analyzing the data from Yokohama Base when Operation Ouka started; as if I remember correctly, it was said that the BETA take a few days/week to formulate a response. Humanity attacked just as the first "solutions" from the Yokohama data was rolling off the BETA's version of the "assembly line".
You know what I REALLY worry about?

This came from a phase 6 hive,and it's only 28 years old(Circa 2001)

The several hives on the moon is EVEN older,and God know what happen when humanity tried to take back moon now.

Not only that,there's Mar,the largest hive COMFIRMED(which meant probably correct) by mankind is phase 9 hive(Which is probably have 6 to 9 kilometers tall monument). Even the smallest hive on Mar is phase 6 hive.

You got a lot of nightmare fuel just from THINKING about humanity fight BETA on Mar and Moon.

And then there's this...

There is 10^37 BETA all over the fucking universe.

How old do you think the FIRST hive is?

Congratulation,H.P.Lovecraft,you just got your successor now.
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 23:52   Link #1774
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
You know what I REALLY worry about?

This came from a phase 6 hive,and it's only 28 years old(Circa 2001)

The several hives on the moon is EVEN older,and God know what happen when humanity tried to take back moon now.
- Thing is, some of the BETA we've encountered on earth (Soldier-class for example) were a result of BETA having a lot of humans to CHOMP on and then develop into said class. From all the hints in TE, it looks like the Fort-Laser class is a direct response to the Susano'o.

So on one hand, I don't think we'll be seeing it or many Soldier-class on the moon. On the other hand that means that we'll encounter in the future some strains of BETA that were developed in response to OTHER situations and enemies.
Old 2013-05-19, 00:13   Link #1775
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Write this. Man, PLEASE write this and bring this over to the Muv-Luv Fanfiction thread. Turn it into a full-blown parody fanfic. I beg of you. It's asking to be done.
Haha, its kinda spontaneous, so I don't really have a plot or anything. Maybe if I have time after TDA and Schwarzemarken.

I'll leave some gags I put up before here for your enjoyment in the meantime.

Spoiler for Phase 3 dark secret:

Spoiler for The girls of Muv Luv:

Spoiler for Jelly of my Yui:

Spoiler for Patlabor Parody:

Spoiler for Senjutsuki Otoko:

Spoiler for Would you like to know more?:

Spoiler for The only one:

Spoiler for Yuuya wifus:

Spoiler for Interview with the BETA:

And the Angry Eishis
Spoiler for Omni Tempore:

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.

Last edited by grevierr; 2013-05-25 at 01:52.
Old 2013-05-19, 00:24   Link #1776
MitchelJohn
SPiCa~!

Quote:
Spoiler for Yuuya wifus:
Have to lol at this cause you know it's gonna happen
MitchelJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 02:13   Link #1777
calubin_175

Ah crap, I just realised that on the Muv-Luv AGE anniversary PV, The two espers donning the UN uniform were Inia and Kasumi, not Cryska.
Old 2013-05-19, 02:21   Link #1778
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Ah crap, I just realised that on the Muv-Luv AGE anniversary PV, The two espers donning the UN uniform were Inia and Kasumi, not Cryska.
I'm of two minds on this, since while it was Kasumi's voice over, and the ahoge is there, we also know that some of Cryska's and Inia's sisters have ahoge's as well. So I'm still going to wait till that scene appears in future media to commit. I thought it was Kasumi all those years before, till the new character came, so I'll hold off on this.

Old 2013-05-19, 03:06   Link #1779
G147

Quote:
Well if you look properly both of them are wearing prafka so its not Kasumi. But then i don't think there are any more last survivors of Alternative 3 other than Inia and Kasum(Trista).
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 03:13   Link #1780
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
Well if you look properly both of them are wearing prafka so its not Kasumi. But then i don't think there are any more last survivors of Alternative 3 other than Inia and Kasum(Trista).
More like it's Inia and the Ahoge girl. Not Kasumi by any means.

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eroge, military science fiction, yuimoto