AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-25, 13:56   Link #1
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Aquarion Series: Genesis - Evol discussion thread

It took two teams to form Aquarion to defeat Kagura...THAT'S BAD ASS

So wait they can form Aquarion and there are teams like the OVA. Meaning none of them are the true Aquarion

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-03-25 at 15:55.
Old 2012-03-25, 13:56   Link #2
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Aquarion Series: Genesis-to-EVOL Speculation/spoiler discussion thread

Welcome to the Genesis - EVOL discussion thread.
The purpose of this thread is to allow people connecting the dot between the first series of Aquarion franchise, Genesis of Aquarion and the new established series, Aquarion EVOL.

While EVOL series can be watched as a stand alone, it is evident that it is also a sequel to Genesis, however distant it may be chronologically wise.
Therefore, in order to avoid discussion flow disruption in the episode thread, and potential spoiler with those who didn't watch Genesis yet, this thread can be used by fans of the first series to their heart content (for example: the possible identity of X or Y characters of EVOL being actually other characters from Genesis)

Thus, any information learned from Genesis can be used here and discussed with the current events ongoing in EVOL, for speculation purpose.
Please note that due to the numerous references and prophecy found in Genesis, some comparisons can outright spoil accurately the future events of EVOL.

Therefore, please check this thread on your own discretion.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-03-25 at 17:19.
Old 2012-03-25, 14:19   Link #3
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
It took two teams to form Aquarion to defeat Kagura...THAT'S BAD ASS

So wait they can form Aquarion and there are teams like the OVA. Meaning none of them are the true Aquarion
No, it'll be just like the OS. They had two Aquarions fight back then too, and also. Since Apollonius was mentioned, and the wings of the sun was mentioned, Mykage looks like he's trying to find the true reincarnation to Apollo/Apollonius. The real Aquarion, Solar wing lies within the tree of life, and to try to tamper with the tree of life would mean chaos for both worlds.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-03-25 at 15:55.
Old 2012-03-25, 14:24   Link #4
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastOrder View Post
No, it'll be just like the OS. They had two Aquarions fight back then too, and also. Since Apollonius was mentioned, and the wings of the sun was mentioned, Mykage looks like he's trying to find the true reincarnation to Apollo/Apollonius. The real Aquarion, Solar wing lies within the tree of life, and to try to tamper with the tree of life would mean chaos for both worlds.
That had copy Aquarions fight each other. They didn't form two teams, the other copies were created by the Datenshi

The OVA had teams but the OS...Had FAKES fight the real Aquarion

Mikage doesn't care about the destruction of Vega or Altair. He needs the tree of life to bloom and only Apollonious can make it happen. He's trying to awaken Apollon. My thoughts it is...there might be two of them...yet I have to see the episode because I STILL DO NOT BELIEVE AMATA is the reincarnation...of Apollon yet and if his wings were on his hands...SYLVIA all over again

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-03-25 at 15:56.
Old 2012-03-25, 14:36   Link #5
HimeaSaito

Hm..... it seem Amata had his wing on his feet not the back....
Mikono seem recalled when Kagura called her Slyvie.... but not really sure
Old 2012-03-25, 14:42   Link #6
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimeaSaito View Post
Hm..... it seem Amata had his wing on his feet not the back....
Mikono seem recalled when Kagura called her Slyvie.... but not really sure
Mikono was all like

"what are you talking about" And she doesn't like Kagura at all, she tried to break away from him, by screaming, and that's where Amata came in.

And yeah, Amata's wings were on his feet.
Old 2012-03-25, 14:42   Link #7
mayumi

actually zessica hears kagura screaming sylvie first, then asks amata. later on when kagura gets mikono he started shouting that name again and mikono seems confused. i don't think there is a sylvie especially if apollonius name was mentioned. it has to be silvia. mikage midfucked kagura and that skies of aquaria movie causing a lot of confusion.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-03-25 at 15:56.
Old 2012-03-25, 14:54   Link #8
miketyson

What was Gen's deal in the original series? After this episode I'm definitely a lot more curious about *what* he actually is, ...

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-03-25 at 15:57.
Old 2012-03-25, 15:00   Link #9
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Quote:
What was Gen's deal in the original series? After this episode I'm definitely a lot more curious about *what* he actually is, ...
in the OS...He was the same only it's implied that he's the third pilot and he exists outside of time or he's from alternate world because he leaves through what looks like a dimension cube...er gate

in the OVA his role was the same only the third pilot was Reika/Scorpius

so basically....this time in Evol...it's anybody's guess

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-03-25 at 15:58.
Old 2012-03-25, 16:49   Link #10
ReddyRedWolf

Spoiler for Interesting thing about Shrade:

Spoiler for On Mykage and Fudo:
Old 2012-03-25, 17:18   Link #11
Vena
Carpe Diem

With nothing exceptional revealed this episode (aside from Mykage and Fudo), and this being the final episode in the list of *when things would become clear about reincarnations*, I have to wonder if we've been over thinking things. Aside from the aforementioned, who I don't even think are reincarnations, nothing game changing was introduced to change past perceptions.

Kagura, while clearly bat shit insane (notice the parallel between this and episode six, this time he decides to kill Amata), made no reaction to anything other than Mikono and when he finally got his hands on her, oh boy was he happy. His mind really has been warped though as he declares love as hate, hate as love. Again, this is all completely different (like a foiled contrast) from his appearance in episode six. Mikono is somewhat caught up in the moment of terror to give us much of an indication one way or the other, and the rest of our cast (Amata and Zessica) are a bit *wtf* about Kagura's declaration to Mikono.

Edit: On a second thought, Ep. 13 was in many ways a similar but more warped retelling of Ep. 6. Amata again flies off with Mikono right after Kagura gets her. Once again a *power up* is needed to beat Kagura (before it was Shrade, this time it was two Aquarions). Mithra is, once again, cut apart when defeated.
Old 2012-03-25, 17:36   Link #12
miketyson

If this belongs in a different thread I'm sorry I put it in the wrong place.

Vena:
Spoiler for Kagura Power:
Old 2012-03-25, 17:46   Link #13
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Vena:
Spoiler for Kagura Power:
The question there is what would he possibly reverse here in regards to Mikono? He really, really doesn't want her? She doesn't smell the way he wants... but backwards she does? Those are baffling and stupid. And what is he going to reverse in Mikono? Fear into love? I don't think those are reversals of one another, and it'd take a long field goal to convince me otherwise (not to mention that Kagura was not using his power then... so...). Love and hate are and, to a degree, he seems to be subjecting himself to it as his *desire and protectiveness/possessiveness* has really been warped in this episode.

But I agree that they keep picking really odd, mind-numbing powers for some of our cast that, rather than make anything clear, throw wrenches into everything. Reverse does make an interesting point on his transformation though. He's like a wolf in theme, and when his rage consumes him he reverse into a literal beast.

The way I see it, they need to put the two of them together for longer than a strange dance routing where we can actually see them interact in a semi-normal fashion. First time they get together, she gets zapped out of nowhere and Amata flies off with her, and this time, he does a dance routine in some warped state of mind before, again, Amata flies off with Mikono.

It's like star crossed lovers where the whole plot, every character in it aside from the villain, is doing everything to keep them apart. (Was he trying to kiss her at the end of the dance routing? I was loling to hard to pay attention the first time but now it may be the case...)
Old 2012-03-25, 17:51   Link #14
mayumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastOrder View Post
amata is probably is the reincarnation but mikage is too blind and too arrogant to accept that alicia's child is probably apollonius/apollo's reincarnation. not that i don't disagree with him though. amata is a good guy and good hero but he lacks something that made apollonius and apollo special.
Old 2012-03-25, 17:55   Link #15
miketyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
The question there is what would he possibly reverse here in regards to Mikono? He really, really doesn't want her? That's baffling and stupid. And what is he going to reverse in Mikono? Fear into love? I don't think those are reversals of one another, and it'd take a long field goal to convince me of it (not to mention that Kagura was not using his power then... so...). Love and hate are and, to a degree, he seems to be subjecting himself to it as his *desire and protectiveness/possessiveness* has really been warped in this episode.

But I agree that they keep picking really odd, mind-numbing powers for some of our cast that, rather than make anything clear, throw wrenches into everything. Reverse does make an interesting point on his transformation though. He's like a wolf in theme, and when his rage consumes him he reverse into a literal beast.

The way I see it, they need to put the two of them together for longer than a strange dance routing where we can actually see them interact in a semi-normal fashion. First time they get together, she gets zapped out of nowhere and Amata flies off with her, and this time, he does a dance routine in some warped state of mind before, again, Amata flies off with Mikono.

It's like star crossed lovers where the whole plot, every character in it aside from the villain, is doing everything to keep them apart.
At least Amata's still the protagonist for now, . But I mean:
Spoiler for Reversals:

Similarly:
Spoiler for terrible things to reverse:
Old 2012-03-25, 18:01   Link #16
Vena
Carpe Diem

I don't think you need the spoiler tags unless it for tidiness.

Quote:
At least Amata's still the protagonist for now, . But I mean:
Spoiler for Reversals:
That's an interesting spin I hadn't thought about but it runs aground in the episodes prior to Mykage mindrape. He says she stinks, later he says she stinks deliciously, and later still he calls her his and is pained by watching her suffer. Reversing this... would blow my mind as it'd bring in the most ridiculous contradictions ever.

Let's give it a shot for the lulz, in the same order as before:
He says she smells like lovely fresh perfume, she smells like disgusting lovely fresh perfume (wtf? ), he just acts being pained and is in fact elated to see her squirm and suffer because, after all, she isn't his. My brain hurts.

Quote:
Similarly:
Spoiler for terrible things to reverse:
"I can't stop thinking about him"... how does one reverse this?

What if her terror today was his power going out of control and reversing her awakening love into fear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
amata is probably is the reincarnation but mikage is too blind and too arrogant to accept that alicia's child is probably apollonius/apollo's reincarnation. not that i don't disagree with him though. amata is a good guy and good hero but he lacks something that made apollonius and apollo special.
Would he really care where the child came from? He seems pretty dead set on his goal and doing whatever he must to get it, so whether the child came from Vegan *trash* or not shouldn't matter to him. Again, it may well be possible that he's playing up Kagura as Apollo as a feint to get to Amata indirectly by removing the barrier or by introducing a suitable threat to force Amata to awaken Sousei.
Old 2012-03-25, 18:02   Link #17
mayumi

Spoiler:

Last edited by mayumi; 2012-03-25 at 18:32.
Old 2012-03-25, 18:05   Link #18
Thess

Shushu is Sylvia. Discuss.

Proof:

Woman (who might be 'Sylvia' design) has the same 'ears'.
Kagura might be smelling her.
Mikono's weird connection powers pick up things from her.
She's tsundere. Like Sylvia.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2012-03-25 at 18:35.
Old 2012-03-25, 18:37   Link #19
mayumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Shushu is Sylvia. Discuss.

Proof:

Woman (who might be 'Sylvia' design) has the same 'ears'.
Kagura might be smelling her.
Mikono's weird connection powers pick up things from her.
She's tsundere. Like Sylvia.
i approve of kagura x shushu and zessica x book of genesis/mirror self pairing
Old 2012-03-25, 20:09   Link #20
Vena
Carpe Diem

Just to quote myself from the episode thread for things I noticed on a better stream (some of which I had previously seen but forgot to mention):

Quote:
Spoiler for On a second watch through with a better stream, things to notice:
I feel like a lot of us overlooked that pause for Mikono between staring at Kagura and when she, then, suddenly freaks out and tries to get away. That overlap is also really peculiar, it makes Amata seem like an impostor or something the way he keeps getting erased/replaced by Kagura. (And Mikono likes overlapping him on Kagura, seemingly subconsciously.)

That said, if anyone remembers the terrible vision Cayenne had back in the day (and assuming that Jin remains dead, and doesn't suddenly get Mykage resurrected... which is possible). Looking at that image a second time, those wings on the back, may be the Mithra's and the girl is ambiguously skirted (either Mikono or Yunoha). If Kagura can reverse things, then the dilapidated form of the Mithra may be his inability to repair it completely, and the position of the dark mecha holding something is very similar to Kagura's triumphant *dancing* today. (And it'd be a cyclops since half its head is gone. )