Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2012-02-22, 14:15   Link #1
Niwatori
( ´∀`)

My (Touhou) drawings ^-^"

Hi everyone!
I'm new here, and I will mainly post some of my art...
The reason why is because I would really like to receive critique on my drawings (especially on the backgrounds I draw "OTL). Why I am posting here is becuase on sites like deviantArt I usually don't receive any critique...
So I tought I could try it here ^^"
And. ofcourse, I'd like to meet new people! :)

Now, here are some of my works (Old to new):

gone

It's pretty much the same I have on my deviantArt.
But I hope some of you can give me critique, because that would be really appreciated.

Thank you for looking!

Last edited by Niwatori; 2021-04-07 at 06:36. Reason: gone
Niwatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 15:02   Link #2
Forsaken_Infinity

All your faces are so round! You must have a thing for chubby girls or something.

Apart from that, I am so jelly of your drawing skills T_T

I apologize for not being able to provide critique. I can't even draw so what gives >_> I definitely do think the girls all look chubby due to round faces and thus look far too similar though.

Btw, very nice username you have there
Old 2012-02-22, 15:19   Link #3
Niwatori
( ´∀`)

Haha, I hear that alot :'3
I've been trying to change the shape of the faces, but it's hard to change something you are used to...

But thank you for the compliment!
Old 2012-02-22, 22:18   Link #4
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Welcome to the forums! I was really blown away by the works you've shown here. I didn't notice the "chubby" faces until I read Forsaken's comment and looked again. The detail, coloration, and all other aspects of the scenes are absolutely incredible. Very, very impressive work.
Old 2012-02-22, 23:44   Link #5
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

really nice drawing and godly coloring. but i think the problem here not really the shape of the face, in fact, i think the shape is completely fine. the real problem here is the proportion of the head compare to the body, the head is too small and the body is a bit bigger than it should, it not only make the face look weird but also make the body look bigger than it really is. look at the pic below, you can see the head width is almost equal to the body width and it height is as half as the body

Spoiler for pic:

i think you just need make the head bigger with a slimmer body and your drawing will look much better.

btw, can you teach me how to do background like your , i'm practising coloring but i'm keep failing in coloring the background

you can see my coloring work here

Last edited by Kimidori; 2012-02-22 at 23:59.
Kimidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 00:20   Link #6
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I like the coloring.... yup, the face are kinda a bit round but the coloring is good
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 01:18   Link #7
Sagi

Dude! this drawings remind me a lot like the earliest Visual novels from the 90's.
Sagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 04:39   Link #8
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Nice to see some drawings in this forum since most people here excel in making stories and graphic designs

I gotta say that I really like your art a lot.
as for the criticism... hm.... I think I also agree with the others that the proportions of the characters could use more works for sure there are many tutorials available out there, and do you draw with using sketches? (like making the skeleton model first, etc.) if you don't then you should try since I think it helps quite a lot

Aside from the proportion problem, I see your art as "daring" You can do dynamic poses and they turned out really well. As for the BG themselves. I see no problems at all. They're simple yet great. And looks like you could make the complex one as well (that bedroom pic). My favorite is your Sayaka pic. Very impressive lighting done over there ^^ (Oh, yes. I see that your lighting and shading are also your strong points).

I do some drawings too, but too bad I'm still struggling with the coloring I don't have a tablet pen~ XD
Old 2012-02-25, 23:25   Link #9
Seitsuki
Onee!

Hurrah, another artist! We can never have enough of those. Welcome~~

In terms of C&C.. I'd have to agree on the part about faces. That and proportions in general. For instance in the Sanae pic the chest is too large, everyone's a DFC dammit I think the waist/stomach area is a tad too thick (that or positioned too far to the right). Do you use guidelines alot?

In any case your works are amazing, especially the colouring. Keep it up, and hope to see you around for a while ♪
Old 2012-02-27, 13:45   Link #10
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I like your drawings but I was bothered by its very-large eyes.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 20:51   Link #11
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Don't mind the round faces, that's just your style I guess.

Your coloring is top-level, the drawing as well.
Congrats!
Old 2012-03-11, 15:19   Link #12
Niwatori
( ´∀`)

"OTL I haven't signed in for a while...
But thanks everyone for the comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagi View Post
Dude! this drawings remind me a lot like the earliest Visual novels from the 90's.
o_o Thank you very much! I'm actually really happy to hear that!
I myself am a big fan of visual novel art. I also prefer anime drawing/coloring styles from 2002~2005.
The time when cell-shading was common, haha~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Aside from the proportion problem, I see your art as "daring" :D You can do dynamic poses and they turned out really well. As for the BG themselves. I see no problems at all. They're simple yet great. And looks like you could make the complex one as well (that bedroom pic). My favorite is your Sayaka pic. Very impressive lighting done over there ^^ (Oh, yes. I see that your lighting and shading are also your strong points).
Thanks alot!
I must admit that I draw alot of the same poses, but I also enjoy experimenting while drawing!
The Sayaka drawing was one of those 'experiments', since I wanted to draw a somewhat dynamic pose. And ofcourse I also wanted to experiment with lightsources.

Maybe the big problem with my backgrounds is that I focus too much on the characters I draw.
When I finished the character I want to finish my pictures really quick, so I end up rushing my bakcgrounds.
It's also kind of hard for me to work with perspective, since that is the one thing I don't have enough patience for... >_<

But thanks again for the comments!
It is really appreciated!

I haven't drawn for a while, so I can't really post anything new right now...