AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-05, 10:54   Link #1021
ellessarr
Banned

like i told before, the anime production make too big changes on the characters from manga to anime, teiich is much more mature and selfconfindent on manga; yuuko is less selfish, teiich run to her many times(than her runing to him); kirie is much less friendly toward teiich x yuukos relation and acts much more trying tu put a end on this than helping then; momoe is a few less funny and have much less "lunch" times with teiich; shadow yuuko look much less evil on manga, she just walk around and scary ppls with her uggly face and dont haunt that too much kirie, she ever help teiich make yuuko recover her feelings and memories(on manga she recover all memories with him not only the feelings)

they changed too much the story in anime kirie was the only good change because they made her look much more friend, the others characters for me they made some mistakes like teiich become more ashamed and childsh, yuuko too much selfish(on manga she cares for teiich can have he time alone too).

other think i dislike on anime is on the manga teiich really show how he loves yuuko and is much less ashamed to show this to the others, they kissed 2 times(amnesia arc and curse arc), and in anime this not happen yet and he is too much embarrassed about show the love and not even kissed her(even on the same amnesia arc from manga to anime in the end they not kiss where happen the first kiss).
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 19:04   Link #1022
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Well, at this point, people should stop thinking that it would follow the manga to the letter, especially because the main story hasn't been done yet.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 20:26   Link #1023
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ Well, at this point, people should stop thinking that it would follow the manga to the letter, especially because the main story hasn't been done yet.
mine problem is not about follow or not follow the story, but about how they change the characters too, if they just change the story and leave the characters as they are at the same of source(of course sometimes "some" of the characters can become better changing)no poblem but change all the characters and how they act in the story can have a big impact on the course of the plot leading to a bad or good plot(most of the times to bad).
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 22:06   Link #1024
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

After hearing all this "the original manga is better than the anime" I have come to the conclusion that I like this anime and therefore I will NOT read the manga as it would adversely affect my enjoyment of the anime.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 05:58   Link #1025
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Well that was pretty nice

I love how the plasters remain on the skull throughout

And Yuuko falling into the pool = best loop sequence ever

Quote:
After hearing all this "the original manga is better than the anime" I have come to the conclusion that I like this anime and therefore I will NOT read the manga as it would adversely affect my enjoyment of the anime.
Well either way still works out....

One of the strong points of the anime is that it raises more sympathy for Yuuko's shadow I find...

Quote:
yuuko too much selfish(on manga she cares for teiich can have he time alone too).
You don't understand...Manga Yuuko is still not affected by her past feelings to the extent the anime one is. So obviously the anime one will naturally be more extreme.

Quote:
mine problem is not about follow or not follow the story, but about how they change the characters too, if they just change the story and leave the characters as they are at the same of source(of course sometimes "some" of the characters can become better changing)no poblem but change all the characters and how they act in the story can have a big impact on the course of the plot leading to a bad or good plot(most of the times to bad).
Simply put you can't change a story and have the characters remain as in the original because the entire context is different. What factors may affect them have now been altered. If you see the manga and anime on the whole you'll see that the manga is more complex than the anime. Each version's characters fit into their own respective contexts.
Old 2012-06-06, 07:03   Link #1026
Evil_Sephiroth

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
Eheheheh Like both manga and anime, in different way

but.

Hate Momoe in both show...

She chose everytime the worst moment.
Old 2012-06-07, 22:20   Link #1027
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
At what point is she able to see them and the piece of omlette? As soon as they get knocked out of Yuuko's hand? Wouldn't she wonder where they came from; how they appeared out of nowhere? This invisibility aspect of the story is just too ridiculous to be believable.
Then, we need ghost expert to explained this phenomenon. They have a physics professor who analyzed the weird science from Index's Accelerator. Maybe they can do the same for the ghost.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 01:15   Link #1028
GrimJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Then, we need ghost expert to explained this phenomenon. They have a physics professor who analyzed the weird science from Index's Accelerator. Maybe they can do the same for the ghost.
Yuuko is NOT invisible, she is unnoticeable, people can look straight at her and not realize there is something there, this should not be a hard concept to grasp...

but it seems it is
Old 2012-06-08, 01:25   Link #1029
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
I find that when I hear that, if I watch the anime then read the manga I don't hate either. I can still think fondly back to the anime that introduced me, and enjoy the more detailed manga story as well.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 07:28   Link #1030
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Wow, episode 9 generated a lot of replies and comments. Really looks like we're right on track for an anime-original ending now. One thing I didn't like from this episode is when Shadow Yuuko was walking toward and talking to Yuuko, with one of her eyes covered by a flame. Reference to a certain character or not, I found it too distracting to allow me to take that scene seriously.
Old 2012-06-08, 07:32   Link #1031
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Spoiler for Not a huge pic, but big enough to make one happy:

Last edited by Tempest35; 2012-06-08 at 11:02. Reason: Fixed Image Link
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 07:48   Link #1032
Shadow5YA

Quote:
At what point is she able to see them and the piece of omlette? As soon as they get knocked out of Yuuko's hand? Wouldn't she wonder where they came from; how they appeared out of nowhere? This invisibility aspect of the story is just too ridiculous to be believable.
As someone said before, she isn't invisible, just unnoticeable. People saw her clearly when she was dressed up as Akahito-san to rescue the blonde Yuuko. There's also a number of rumors and ghost stories from Momoe that are all clearly Yuuko's doing. People do wonder about the things she does.

Quote:
You are not alone. Frankly, I can't stand her character, either. She's a spoiled, inconsiderate, selfish, snotty brat that has no regard for other people. Actually, I like her dark side much better.
To each his own.

Honestly, when a person been there for 50+ years and see people come and go without any regard for that person, there is no reason to give any regard for others in return. Either she is overlooked or seen as a monster like Kirie once saw. The only person who did treat Yuuko nicely was Teiichi, so it's only natural that she is only concerned about him and him alone.

Quote:
Frankly, I hope Teiichi gets stuck with Yuuko, and that she makes his life a living hell for all eternity. As a person, he's not much better (if at all) than her. She abuses his club-mates to no end, and he has nothing but praise for her. She shoves him down a flight of stairs, breaking his leg, and he seems to accept it as an act of love. Both of them are pretty pathetic as human beings. They deserve each other. Kirie and Momoe oughta feel lucky that they've escaped the noose of being his girlfriend.
A nice life lesson for you to learn would be that tolerating something does not imply praising it. Otherwise, you are also insulting Kirie's character by implication. I

f we follow your line of logic, then Kirie is not a good person either, because despite being "abused" by Yuuko and Teiichi, she still goes along with them. Therefore, she must seem to have nothing but praise for Teiichi.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 11:12   Link #1033
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Goddamn. It's always a pleasure to see more of MAYBE's work, especially when it's of Yuuko. Thanks for the picture. :3
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 18:06   Link #1034
GrimJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
I wondered when someone would come across the artwork from last months issue of GanGan Joker

Great Picture again from Maybe The amount of covers he draws for Joker is ridiculous I think 4 of 6 this year alone but I stand to be corrected
Old 2012-06-08, 18:13   Link #1035
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
I wondered when someone would come across the artwork from last months issue of GanGan Joker

Great Picture again from Maybe The amount of covers he draws for Joker is ridiculous I think 4 of 6 this year alone but I stand to be corrected
His skill was so wasted on hentai...especially because he's also great a great author aside from being an amazing artist.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 18:26   Link #1036
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
As someone said before, she isn't invisible, just unnoticeable. People saw her clearly when she was dressed up as Akahito-san to rescue the blonde Yuuko. There's also a number of rumors and ghost stories from Momoe that are all clearly Yuuko's doing. People do wonder about the things she does.
I wasn't questioning Yuuko's invisibility (or unnoticability, as you call it), rather, on the after-effects of the things after she lets go of them. In this example, as I specifically stated, the chopsticks and omlette. I can accept, as a plot device, that those unaware of her do not see her or the clothes she wears or anything she is holding (except idiot boy, of course, 'cause he never disappears, unfortunately).

But, wouldn't that make her invisible to those people who do not see her? Isn't that what invisible means? Among several definitions on the thefreedictionary.com I like this one '2. Not accessible to view; hidden: mountain peaks invisible in the fog' and this one '3. Not easily noticed or detected; inconspicuous: "The poor are politically invisible" (Michael Harrington)."'

Quote:
To each his own.

Honestly, when a person been there for 50+ years and see people come and go without any regard for that person, there is no reason to give any regard for others in return. Either she is overlooked or seen as a monster like Kirie once saw. The only person who did treat Yuuko nicely was Teiichi, so it's only natural that she is only concerned about him and him alone.
Oh, I understand why she is enthralled with idiot boy. But, by your reasoning for accepting Yuuko's behaviour as justifiable, there's no reason to give up a seat on a bus or subway for a very old person or very pregnant woman, simply because they have never shown you any regard. That's some pretty screwed up logic (or morals), in my opinion, to believe Yuuko's justified in acting like a total jerk just because noone's taken notice of her in 50+ year.

Quote:
A nice life lesson for you to learn would be that tolerating something does not imply praising it.
Oh, sensei, your words of wisdom are just too incomprehensible for someone like me.

Quote:
Otherwise, you are also insulting Kirie's character by implication. If we follow your line of logic, then Kirie is not a good person either, because despite being "abused" by Yuuko and Teiichi, she still goes along with them. Therefore, she must seem to have nothing but praise for Teiichi.
You may think I'm insulting Kirie's character by implication. You are certainly entitled to your own opinion. But then, I haven't seen Kirie slap Yuuko, push idiot boy down a flight of stairs, and harass Momoe to no end out of jealousy. Have you? And she certainly doesn't have anything but praise for idiot boy. Quite the contrary. Or have I been watching a different version of the anime than you have?
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 18:30   Link #1037
jdennis007

The manga is better than the anime, the book is better than the movie, yeah and?
In defense of Yuuko, if someone could see, hear and touch me after decades of loneliness, I'd probably be a bit clingy too. I like that Momoe is just dense, period, I wonder if they will have her actually see Yuuko at some point?
jdennis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 18:42   Link #1038
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdennis007 View Post
The manga is better than the anime, the book is better than the movie, yeah and?
In defense of Yuuko, if someone could see, hear and touch me after decades of loneliness, I'd probably be a bit clingy too. I like that Momoe is just dense, period, I wonder if they will have her actually see Yuuko at some point?
Clingy, perhaps, but would you also feel justified in being so physically violent, not only to the one you adore, but also to a love rival who, though she can see you, has never shown any violence towards you? And endlessly teasing, taunting, and toying with the emotions of another rival who is unaware of your presence?

For this I am an anime only viewer, and will probably not read the manga (or whatever other form it's in), but I doubt that Momoe will ever be able to actually see Yuuko. If she could, she would stop being the show's butt monkey.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 18:49   Link #1039
GrimJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
His skill was so wasted on hentai...especially because he's also great a great author aside from being an amazing artist.
anyone who has ever read his hentai realized he usually included a rare thing PLOT lol

Quote:
For this I am an anime only viewer, and will probably not read the manga (or whatever other form it's in), but I doubt that Momoe will ever be able to actually see Yuuko. If she could, she would stop being the show's butt monkey.
too bad Momoe is much better in the manga (and gets lots of development as a character)

Spoiler for Momoe:

Last edited by GrimJack; 2012-06-08 at 19:01.
GrimJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 19:09   Link #1040
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
anyone who has ever read his hentai realized he usually included a rare thing PLOT lol
Plot...sex...sex...sex...sex...final page with plot :I
Let's not compare plots that have to include (and mostly lead to) sex with what we have now.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural