AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2013-04-13, 20:58   Link #8361
tsunade666

The latest chapter was nice though it looks like he will indeed create a whole new future with the development in the cave had change.

I'm looking forward for the loli version of the girls he conquered.

With this setting, he probably will be the one who stir the likes, dislikes, hobbies or character of the girls. Leading them way to the desired ending.
Old 2013-04-13, 23:17   Link #8362
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

still confused.... I think the reset is there to make sure Keima still in his track... if he miss it, then the 'future' won't be there

I don't know what will Keima do again... I think he already set everything and can go back to the future now...
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 03:19   Link #8363
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

Great chapter, finally understood what the hell is the reason for this trip to the past..,

Now Keima will set up his conquests and go Back to the future...
jvcscasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 04:44   Link #8364
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

So this entire series was about creating a Stable Time Loop.

Funny how this chapter has allowed me to explain to my roomies what TWGOK was all about in a few minutes.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 04:53   Link #8365
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I'm looking forward for the loli version of the girls he conquered.
Loli Shiori please.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 07:44   Link #8366
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLNC View Post
"The ending has already been written, but there is no beginning..." - Dokuro Skull
"I can already see the ending" Keima
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 09:21   Link #8367
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
So this entire series was about creating a Stable Time Loop.

Funny how this chapter has allowed me to explain to my roomies what TWGOK was all about in a few minutes.
I hate Stable Time Loops. I prefer "you change the past, you change the future" not "change the past and cause the future you know". That's why i like Back to The Future series since it sticks to the former rule. (Except Doctor Who since both rules apply in that universe).
Old 2013-04-14, 10:41   Link #8368
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

More wibbly wobbly timey wimey plotz!
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 10:51   Link #8369
Gundamx

So there is A, B, Y...etc world line
he is from A line
And this world from B line
He need to make this world past match the world line he come from

In this time there is some game park but there is none from where he come from ( in his flash back there is not even trace of anything been built or removed)

Last edited by Gundamx; 2013-04-14 at 14:02.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 11:35   Link #8370
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

So Keima has to move the time line away from the attractor field in order to make his future the active time line.

El psy congro.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 16:06   Link #8371
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I hate Stable Time Loops. I prefer "you change the past, you change the future" not "change the past and cause the future you know". That's why i like Back to The Future series since it sticks to the former rule. (Except Doctor Who since both rules apply in that universe).
There are flaws in both. If the changing the past affects the future, then there's no explanation for why the protagonist(s) are still intact with no changes to their history or personality.
In the "Stable Time Loop" case, you have a circular flow of causality. The future goes back to the past, which in turn affects the future and that makes them go back to the past. In this case, there is no clear beginning that sets these events into motion.

In both cases there are parts that require the suspension of disbelief, and without time travel being possible in the real world, it's hard to say which theory is closer to the truth than the others.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 21:52   Link #8372
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
There are flaws in both. If the changing the past affects the future, then there's no explanation for why the protagonist(s) are still intact with no changes to their history or personality.
In the "Stable Time Loop" case, you have a circular flow of causality. The future goes back to the past, which in turn affects the future and that makes them go back to the past. In this case, there is no clear beginning that sets these events into motion.

In both cases there are parts that require the suspension of disbelief, and without time travel being possible in the real world, it's hard to say which theory is closer to the truth than the others.

Multiple Worlds Interpretation
would be able to solve this paradox, but if and only if this is an interaction (Keima) between 2 different universes, which seems to be Dokuro's explanation. Dokuro assumes that in this universe saving the goddesses would fail, and sends someone out to look for a universe where success occurred to recruit the factor that caused success. This would mean of course that this isn't Keima's "original" universe, he is being recruited to save create the "beginning" of another universe so that this universe will end up going along the same series of events as his own universe.

This of course begs the question if this event is a requirement for the original story timeline to exist. If indeed a certain Keima must go to an equivalent past of another universe to push it towards a desired timeline, and that Multiple Worlds Interpretation is the most viable solution to the paradoxes of time travel, then it stands to reason in the original story timeline a certain Keima intruded as well to create our story's timeline.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 23:30   Link #8373
ReddyRedWolf

Does this make the goddess hosts childhood friends? (Not Keima's strict definition.)

It is ironic that while Keima is about to manipulate the girls for the future the girls are trying to imprint themselves to 7 year old Keima so he'll choose one of them.

This is almost like the chicken or the egg. As the girls could be the reason he is anti-social to females on account of some vague memory. His likes and dislikes shaped as well. In Yui's case she got bro treatment.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 03:18   Link #8374
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Does this make the goddess hosts childhood friends? (Not Keima's strict definition.)

It is ironic that while Keima is about to manipulate the girls for the future the girls are trying to imprint themselves to 7 year old Keima so he'll choose one of them.

This is almost like the chicken or the egg. As the girls could be the reason he is anti-social to females on account of some vague memory. His likes and dislikes shaped as well. In Yui's case she got bro treatment.
I think Keima is more likely to contact the goddesses, not his capture targets. He did mention how convenient it was for all the goddess hosts to be near him.

Keima could be the one who helped the goddesses select their hosts.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 07:29   Link #8375
ellifeedn
Thinker

That was one thing that bothered me, how all of the goddesses were close to him and "within his net" if you will.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 09:01   Link #8376
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
That was one thing that bothered me, how all of the goddesses were close to him and "within his net" if you will.
Points towards one thing : he's really born to be a god.

No I don't mean he is the vessel for Demeter! Get those impossible thoughts out of your heads!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-04-15, 20:00   Link #8377
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

All I want to know is, "Will we get a harem end?"
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 20:10   Link #8378
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
All I want to know is, "Will we get a harem end?"
Well it probably is the most likely scenario I wouldn't put it pass Keima to choose one who he is able to tolerate, care about and allows him to live his life as he please. A certain imouto comes to mind. But meh any end is fine here.
Old 2013-04-15, 20:13   Link #8379
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Well it probably is the most likely scenario I wouldn't put it pass Keima to choose one who he is able to tolerate, care about and allows him to live his life as he please. A certain imouto comes to mind. But meh any end is fine here.
Technically he would. He would transform from being the most unpopular guy in the school to the one always having a date in the gym storage locker.

Old 2013-04-15, 20:49   Link #8380
ellifeedn
Thinker

I know this series is leaning towards the harem end, but a friend is still holding out for "Chihiro true end".
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen