AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2007-05-28, 17:30   Link #1
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

2channel's Top 20 Anime Songs

I wonder if you've seen this yet. They list their Top 20 by voting and by time period (Red - 1980s, Blue - 1990s, Green - 2000s).

How many do you know?

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm366549
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 19:36   Link #2
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

I think it requires registration or some kind of password...
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 19:49   Link #3
Fruitfly

Ah I trick i learned for nicovideo. if you don't have the password or whatever, stick http://nicopon.jp/video/player/ infront.

http://nicopon.jp/video/player/sm366549

I knew all the green songs except... the number one song
I don't even know what anime that is...
Fruitfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 19:52   Link #4
davidblue

what anime is that on the #10 spot for 1999?
davidblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 20:16   Link #5
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitfly View Post
I knew all the green songs except... the number one song
I don't even know what anime that is...
Seconded.
Tori no Uta should have won

BTW, I cant believe See ya Space Cowboy is not on the list
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 20:34   Link #6
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidblue View Post
what anime is that on the #10 spot for 1999?
Turn A Gundam 2nd ending "Tsuki no Mayu"

One of my favorite songs ever.

Oh wow, seeing the Infinite Ryvius OP ranked so highly, is cool. One of my favorites

Number 1 for 90s was predictable, but I didnt see the #1 for 2000s coming at all heh.
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 22:58   Link #7
canza

Wow....like...do people not know what good music is?

Or do they only care about the anime? Because after watching that...like only 5 songs were good. The rest weren't as good....
Old 2007-05-28, 23:45   Link #8
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

It's probably the nostalgia. I mean...I find the Digimon OP to be average, but it brings back soooo many memories. I loved it when I heard it again.
Old 2007-05-29, 03:27   Link #9
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Wow, that's quite an achievement...
...less than 5 good songs out of 60.

And I can't believe the Cowboy Bebop OP and the Higurashi OP weren't in there, that's seriously fucked up.
Old 2007-05-29, 06:03   Link #10
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

That was quite a trip down memory lane. I must be an old fart if I recall the heady days when episodes of Cowboy Bebop were being distributed on VHS fansubs, anime clubs gathered to binge watch Card Captor Sakura and Evangelion defined anime :P

I think it's likely that most of the voters of the poll are in their late 20s and prefer to watch Gundam or mecha.

But #1 for 2000s was a pleasant surprise!
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 11:19   Link #11
Dnous
wut

Yeah... most songs are crap. I only liked about 11 songs. For some reason the Gundam ones being the best, regardless of age o_o. But seriously wtf @ the top 3 for 80's and 90's.

Last edited by Dnous; 2007-05-29 at 11:41.
Dnous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 11:50   Link #12
SetaNoriyasu
Harbinger

W00t! I saw Purichina, Tune the rainbow and hemisphere

Kanno Yoko-Sakamoto Maaya pairing ftw!
Old 2007-05-29, 18:14   Link #13
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite Send a message via Yahoo to Alexandrite
Reeeally not the greatest selection of songs. I can't believe "God Knows" was so low on that list, especially considering what beat it. I mean... wow. I'm glad to see "Tori no Uta" almost got first though.

Yeah... I'd say the majority of the voters had a mecha bias, and/or simply voted the OP/ED for their favorite anime without much regard to the song itself. There were a lot of songs that I expected to be on there, like the Cowboy Bebop OP. Much different tastes I guess. Still a dismal selection...

And this is the first time I've heard the Japanese Digimon OP. Catchy.
Alexandrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 18:57   Link #14
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Considering my general expectations of 2ch-er's tastes, I don't think they've done too badly here. A few really good songs on this list, and quite a few nostalgia-sparkers. Recognized almost all of the 00s, a few of the 90s, but was completely lost with the 80s. Maison Ikkoku OP was one of the very few I recognized from there.

I'd forgotten how good music from RahXephon was. Didn't much like the anime, but there's no denying it had a killer soundtrack.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 20:26   Link #15
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

the higher than numbers go the worse the songs get on the whole. #3 gundam seed? thats just BS.

other than digimon, #2 spots were seemed very accurate.

but number 1 spot? the original gundam song? eh, fanboys.
next evangelion, well it should have been expected.
and lastly... Aquarion??? R U SHUR.

something TELLS me suiseiseki has been spamming fake votes again.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 21:54   Link #16
obentou
Maximum7/Ossu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
the higher than numbers go the worse the songs get on the whole. #3 gundam seed? thats just BS.

other than digimon, #2 spots were seemed very accurate.

but number 1 spot? the original gundam song? eh, fanboys.
next evangelion, well it should have been expected.
and lastly... Aquarion??? R U SHUR.

something TELLS me suiseiseki has been spamming fake votes again.
I agree. God knows at #20... the Live version of this song blows the recorded one away. Although there are some catchy songs from the past with all that trumpet blowing.... lmfao

And wow, as I'm watching this, there's a TON of gundam songs..!!

edit:

Ok well, I just finished the video, and I gotta say, the AIR OP definitely beats the shit out of the #1 song. I like NGE, but I'm just not a fan of their songs. There are indeed other songs that I would have liked to see in there, but I guess people have quite different tastes....

Last edited by obentou; 2007-05-29 at 22:08.
obentou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 00:55   Link #17
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

WTF@ #1 songs. o.O
Okay, so EVA and Gundam is understandable, considering EVA did make tsunami-class waves back when it was airing. Gundam is, well, Gundam. But Aquarion?
And the RM songs. I like RM, but I don't think the OP songs are that good. If I was to vote a song for RM, I'd cast it to RMT ED, Hikari no Rasenritsu. =.=
At least the Nanoha faction have enough ears to know that Innocent Starter is better than Eternal Blaze.

At least Tori no Uta almost clinched top spot. And Give a Reason up there makes me yay~
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 01:29   Link #18
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

If you have an hour to spare, they have Top 200 in here. You'd probably find this ranking a bit less WTF. Yes, Higurashi is in there along with (I didn't count) at least 30 mecha songs. It totally explains why I got so sick of mecha I avoid them like the plague.

Top 200-100: http://www.nicovideo.jp/video/player/sm352330
Top 100 - 1: http://www.nicovideo.jp/video/player/sm342212

But yes, I'm quite surprised at how current anime fared.
Old 2007-05-30, 03:14   Link #19
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Oh My God I know all these 80's and 90's songs and frequently listen to them (Even moreso recentely which is kind of freaky, but then I remember my clairvoyancy and thought channeling ability). I can help a hell of a lot with these by the way (All of these are personal opinion by the way and the parts about my respect for Japanese music are strictly from my point of view only):

1980's:
Spoiler:

1990's:
Spoiler:

2000's:

Spoiler:

So my taste is surprisingly similar to 2channels up until the 21st century where its hit or miss. I've got to wonder what the hell they are thinking though with the awful song in spot #1 for the 2000s. Despite this they are far more in sync with me than out of it and I've gained a little bit of respect for 2channel that I wouldn't normally have. I just have to still question there tastes for the 21st century is all. The only songs I really liked on the 2000 list where Over!, Innocent Starter, The Rozen Maiden one's and the Rahxephon ones.

As for peoples dislike of the ones that aren't Kyoto Animation ones or aren't from 2000, Come On People, the 80's and 90's are entirely different eras altogether. Don't blame the era if you don't like the song. Learn a bit about the 80's and 90's, then maybe learn the names of the songs and then come back and describe exactly what is wrong with them. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that the 5 "good" (as if there is some universal qualifier for good beyond ones opinion) songs people keep mentioning are God Knows, Hare Hare Yukai, Tori No Uta, Shooting Star and Innocent Starter, which I think are alright songs.

Either way I'm anticipitating a fair bit of whining regarding the Haruhi songs low placing and the fact that the Air theme didn't place in #1 for 2000's and the Haruhi songs in the #2 and #3 slots (Pro KyoAni Bias in a bit of the commentary maybe?). Fair enough as those songs are popular with a lot of people, but what do people have to say about the 80's and 90's rankings. What do they think could have been done better, because people mostly seem upset by the fact that those decades are dominated by Mecha anime songs (I detect an Anti-Mecha Bias almost, getting upset because one thinks Mecha songs can't be liked a fair number of people. The bias thing can work both ways after all). I'm not saying anybody should do a detailed opinion piece like I have, but does nobody care to chime in on exactly why they felt there were only 5-10 good songs (maybe name them) on the list or on what should have been there (from your favourites). It sure beats just beating on 2channel's list (I still can't believe I'm siding with 2channel) without any apparent justification or opinion to back it up. Nobody's going to shoot anybody down for stating why they didn't like the list (It's bound to happen that people will have different tastes).

Also since I'm a masochist I'm going to come back and do a piece on all 200 of the Top 200 songs tomorrow if I can.
Top 100-1
Spoiler:

So that's that. If anyone want's to do a spot on the 200-101 songs, be my guest. Overall the screwiest parts come in the ending where there are songs that I feel don't even belong on the chart at all. Specifically that Sousei No Aquarion song. It's tricky to order these things around, but I'd definetely have Tori No Uta and Butterfly in the 200-101 parts and if necessary the #05 one as well. The Gundam Seed One and the Sousei No Aquarion one however shouldn't even be listed. Personally out of the Top 10 the only one I think that is deserving of the Top Slot is Platinum from CCS (Even the Rahxephon one doesn't beat it, maybe if it were Hemisphere they could duel, but with Tune The Rainbow it's Platinum. No Contest). I wouldn't dispute it as again these things are tricky and I have like almost 20 songs I could easily put in to my #01 slot at any given time depending on my current mood.

This man is passionate about his anime music. And Now, To Bed.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-05-30 at 05:34.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 04:56   Link #20
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

To the previous poser: impressive listing of the songs there.

As for #15 from the 1980s, it's the last OP to Maison Ikkoku, one of my favorite series from the era.
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote