AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-21, 20:02   Link #701
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

It was Keiji Infuane's idea for a westernization, then a backlash happened to capcom not just DmC, but other titles as well.

The thing is about the original DMC is that Capcom still has the rights to it, that's why Capcom said the table is open for anything, but basing in all the interviews they just wanted to try something new on this series, they can make a sequel to the original series or DmC2 anything is possible, but to me they're just looking at the sales now, if this doesn't reach their target goal, bet you the original DMC will be back.

Also another thing is that Itsuno doesn't want anymore the original Dante and any other original DMC characters to be in to be in other games. Capcom staff, persuaded him to add Dante, Trish and Vergil to be in MVC3/UMVC3 and the cross over game ProjectZone. Other than those games you don't see any DMC characters crossing over on any other games except the ones mentioned.
Old 2012-06-21, 20:05   Link #702
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

There's one thing I've learned in this business is never use the words 'original', 'deep' or 'realistic' to describe anything unless you're picking a fight

My stance with this new DmC remains the same- if they actually can make a really good and coherent story with respectable character development to show the change from punk to a more mature individual, then truly none of the other stuff matters in the end.

...IF they could do it, that is.

However, it does annoys me that some how having a more vulgar tone is suppose to make things Better? Relatable? Don't get me wrong I love the profanities and dirty sex jokes in Shadows of the Damned where it was hilarious and suits the tone, but Devil May Cry doesn't need it.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 20:15   Link #703
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

It's all about execution and proper presentation, to wow an audience.

In DmC they didn't do that one reason why there are skeptics and think this is not a good game.
Old 2012-06-21, 20:27   Link #704
Yachiyo
~`Seito Kaichō`~

DMC 5 sucks. CAPCOM did a reboot and it was like heck. Only the graphics were good, not the story though.

Plus the new dante is like EMO-PUNK-ROCK-GAY

Well, if the story goes interesting and interesting, I might give it a try. But it's not easy to move on after the 4 previous DMC series.
Old 2012-06-22, 05:48   Link #705
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Your 'fresher incarnation' is even less original. You'll find dozens of his sort in any 90's saturday afternoon film on television. However, in my previous post I wasn't even talking about originality or anything to compare the two. My point is simply that there is no need to throw away one of the most beloved characters in gaming.
I didn't talk about originality either. I said "fresher". He's younger, a raw teenager, not an overtrained badass 40old man (well, at least he looks 40).

And to follow Kenjiharima's idea, just consider it as a spin-off/new game. It will make it easier.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 06:16   Link #706
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
Not my idea it's a fact that it's reboot non canon retelling of the origin story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxFPh1udmLE
Old 2012-06-22, 07:01   Link #707
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Ugh he still has that hair style? It looks so douchy on him. Even the first dante look didn't have that badly.
Old 2012-06-22, 08:22   Link #708
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
I didn't talk about originality either. I said "fresher". He's younger, a raw teenager, not an overtrained badass 40old man (well, at least he looks 40).

And to follow Kenjiharima's idea, just consider it as a spin-off/new game. It will make it easier.
I'm sorry, but you did talk about originality, not in regards to the young Dante, but you said that the old one was not original. And that's just an argument you shouldn't bring up when the character you're defending is even less so.
Old 2012-06-22, 10:05   Link #709
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I'm sorry, but you did talk about originality, not in regards to the young Dante, but you said that the old one was not original. And that's just an argument you shouldn't bring up when the character you're defending is even less so.
Fair enough. You got a point here.
But i'm not really defending it. Between those two, the new one is less boring to me.
That's all.

I was mostly reacting about the "everyone loved the old Dante" part.

Take the exemple of Lara Croft. The character didn't change at all, just her background story. I don't see the point. If they had change her a little bit, maybe I would...
Old 2012-06-23, 21:44   Link #710
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
Well their mix result ideas kinda back fires, because every time they show something alot know where it came from an example of that is the worm boss and the Futurama Slurm Queen which have ALOT of similarities storywise and look. It's not fresh or new it's already been done, they're just ripping off other media.

This is a non canon retelling of the origin story or an experiment. Also it's been said already that gamers that tired it, it's not at par nor near DMC3 level of gameplay nor speed. Which they said it would be better, but it's not.

Also other articles Donte/Dino aka FU is not gay. lol Damage control yet again.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/08/dm...ationalist-de/

http://gaygamer.net/2012/06/devil_ma..._declares.html
Old 2012-06-23, 22:02   Link #711
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
^
Well their mix result ideas kinda back fires, because every time they show something alot know where it came from an example of that is the worm boss and the Futurama Slurm Queen which have ALOT of similarities storywise and look. It's not fresh or new it's already been done, they're just ripping off other media.

This is a non canon retelling of the origin story or an experiment. Also it's been said already that gamers that tired it, it's not at par nor near DMC3 level of gameplay nor speed. Which they said it would be better, but it's not.

Also other articles Donte/Dino aka FU is not gay. lol Damage control yet again.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/08/dm...ationalist-de/

http://gaygamer.net/2012/06/devil_ma..._declares.html
It's funny and sad that NT set the bar by saying this game will beat DMC 3 when it's obvious that they don't have proof to back up their claims. There's no way a cut, paste, copy game unfortunately bearing its name can compare to the fast pace, challenging and technical greatest that DMC 3 had to offer.

Their way of maintaining of damage control isn't even that good because they're trying to fire back, but they're not successful at doing it. They're making a desperate attempt to save their butts at this point, and it's really sad -_-.
Old 2012-06-24, 12:54   Link #712
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
I was mostly reacting about the "everyone loved the old Dante" part.
Not as much as loving the old Dante, but hating the new one, honestly. I welcome change, but this one is so shitty I don't even know where to begin. Do I even need they to remind me of how teenagers nowaday are? I actually liked Nero more than this punk if you ask me.
Old 2012-06-24, 13:22   Link #713
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Not as much as loving the old Dante, but hating the new one, honestly. I welcome change, but this one is so shitty I don't even know where to begin. Do I even need they to remind me of how teenagers nowaday are? I actually liked Nero more than this punk if you ask me.
Hahaha, I must admit he's really the typical punk teenager.
Maybe I'm too open to changes.
Old 2012-06-24, 14:42   Link #714
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Teens these days are more like Nero than New Dante? Where did YOU grow up. the teens around here are ass holes, curse all the time and wear baggy pants with tags still hanging off them and their hats.

I wish i grew up where you did :P
Old 2012-06-24, 14:47   Link #715
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Teens these days are more like Nero than New Dante? Where did YOU grow up. the teens around here are ass holes, curse all the time and wear baggy pants with tags still hanging off them and their hats.

I wish i grew up where you did :P

Wow this gay news crap? When did this start? I never thought of him as gay, specially not his appearance in any way.

"the game world needs a male bayonetta, a gay one" Are you fuckin kiddin me? No the fuck we don't. XD Gay? idc, but a male bayonetta? We have one... er actually a female Dante.
Old 2012-06-24, 16:08   Link #716
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Well if you ask me, it's because Nero was shown to have a heart and caring side to compliment his angry, smirk punk side.(oh, and he looks cleaner. Just because you're an ass doesn't mean you need to look like one.)

At this moment, New Dante doesn't have that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Erm no, what he's saying is New Dante reminds him of teens
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 22:38   Link #717
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

A quick look at the original history of Devil May Cry. Before it was rebooted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdc_Ddmno8A
Old 2012-07-04, 21:38   Link #718
Yachiyo
~`Seito Kaichō`~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
A quick look at the original history of Devil May Cry. Before it was rebooted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdc_Ddmno8A
I freaking LOLed in this.
Old 2012-07-07, 05:15   Link #719
Used Can

Reboot? Hadn't it been confirmed DMC5 would be considered as an AU?
Old 2012-07-07, 05:43   Link #720
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
That's the problem we dunno what the heck this is. Capcom and NT has such bad publicity on this game, no one knows which is which.