AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-07-15, 21:10   Link #1001
ZeKeR
Superbad

hmm..... what will happen now.... alice will have to learn to kill zombies sooner or later or this will really have some adverse effects on her. she cant be innocent for long
Old 2010-07-15, 21:21   Link #1002
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Her father died right in front of her - stabbed no less and after all she's been seeing, she's still just a kid. I rather NOT have an 8-year old running around wielding a gun, no matter the state of the world.
Old 2010-07-15, 21:25   Link #1003
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Her father died right in front of her - stabbed no less and after all she's been seeing, she's still just a kid. I rather NOT have an 8-year old running around wielding a gun, no matter the state of the world.
very true..... i cant just imagine her carrying a gun BIGGER than her.....
Old 2010-07-16, 01:33   Link #1004
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home

Did anyone ever translate these?

AcroDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 01:46   Link #1005
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
She's already awesome with her bike

@Dave.. nope.. dont think so.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 02:27   Link #1006
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
H-school age range in Japan As we see in wiki second year range is 16-17 while third year is 17-18. All members are within age ranges of their school years.
Ah, ahh! High School... Phew, I seriously read it as H(ecchi)-school and wondered what the heck you were talking about for a moment... *sweatdrop*

Quote:
I rather NOT have an 8-year old running around wielding a gun, no matter the state of the world.
Gunslinger Girls: Eh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcroDave View Post
Did anyone ever translate these?

Hisashi...
A happy Hisashi... First time?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 13:16   Link #1007
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Even if going to the police station is a bad idea for the progression of the story it still needs to happen. The very first goal set was to find out if their families are ok and most likely Rei's father is at the Police Station if hes still alive. Yes its risk but could any of you live with not knowing if your family is alive or dead. I for one couldn't not without at least trying. They have already confirmed that Saya's parents were alive so now its Rei's turn and so forth. So again i do support Takashi's decision its a calculated risk that might have a big pay off or turns into a situation where they will have to fight their way out not unlike the mall. I wouldn't call it naive to think their parents are alive what the odds that this rag tag group of teenagers, a nurse weighed down by 2 ton boobs, a kid on a bike and a dog would have made this far?

Last edited by Sinestra; 2010-07-16 at 14:46.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 13:51   Link #1008
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Even if going to the police station is a bad for the progression of the story it still needs to happen.
Well, I'm just happy we're finally out of that damn mall, and moving on to something new. The author has an annoying tendency to bog down the plot with random asides that don't advance the story (annoying cast of other characters at the mall + pointless scene of them being rescued by the military, long boring discussion with 'dissenters' at Saya's parents, a whole chapter at the airport). If this manga was weekly I wouldn't mind, but the releases are too infrequent for this kind of dithering, and there's so much more fertile ground to cover with our main cast.

Also the scenes from 'around the world' are interesting (air force one, on board the space station, etc) - but I wish they would contribute more to the story. Like, why this is happening, what the governments are doing to preserve humanity... some kind of over-reaching story arc on their own. Oh well...
Old 2010-07-16, 15:39   Link #1009
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcroDave View Post
Well, I'm just happy we're finally out of that damn mall, and moving on to something new. The author has an annoying tendency to bog down the plot with random asides that don't advance the story (annoying cast of other characters at the mall + pointless scene of them being rescued by the military, long boring discussion with 'dissenters' at Saya's parents, a whole chapter at the airport). If this manga was weekly I wouldn't mind, but the releases are too infrequent for this kind of dithering, and there's so much more fertile ground to cover with our main cast.

Also the scenes from 'around the world' are interesting (air force one, on board the space station, etc) - but I wish they would contribute more to the story. Like, why this is happening, what the governments are doing to preserve humanity... some kind of over-reaching story arc on their own. Oh well...
I agree completely. The latest chapter was trash, it was like they moved 10 feet from the mall parking lot and they called it a chapter. Why is the release of the chapters so infrequent if they are super short anyway. I will never understand.
Old 2010-07-16, 15:44   Link #1010
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I was hoping to see the headshot but they skipped this part .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 15:59   Link #1011
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdarkdark View Post
I agree completely. The latest chapter was trash, it was like they moved 10 feet from the mall parking lot and they called it a chapter. Why is the release of the chapters so infrequent if they are super short anyway. I will never understand.
Because they are working on the other manga now.

And the chapter is ok if we speak about length. It's not Berserk of Hellsing at least
Old 2010-07-16, 16:07   Link #1012
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Because they are working on the other manga now.

And the chapter is ok if we speak about length. It's not Berserk of Hellsing at least
Well, most of the other chapters were decent length. The latest one (26) was really short, and almost nothing happens.
Old 2010-07-16, 16:29   Link #1013
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
... they are working on the other manga now.
I wonder if they just got bored of HotD, and felt like doing something else. It seems to be their most popular series, so why did it go on hiatus? And it can only get more popular now that the anime is out. Seems weird.

I read the first few chapters of Triage X, and found it pretty uninteresting.
Old 2010-07-16, 16:37   Link #1014
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well the other manga is Triage X which is not very great and not so popular too even though they're some good action and as usual boobs !

Maybe they are thinking on how to make them survive/who will be next to die in order to save the team/what's the reason for the zombification/Does Rei's father will be still alive/Takashi's last pairing/Boobs pantsu...

But yeah , this is so slow , seems like they're lost .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 04:17   Link #1015
gameboy234

Seriously, i need more chapter to keep me interested..

I will prefer a more serious, action packed zombie manga..Maybe walking dead manga style.
gameboy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 08:02   Link #1016
gringe

Shouji Sato is working on Triage X by himself plus another series (Fire Fire Fire), not Daisuke Sato (who is the writer for HotD). Honestly it's a miracle HotD even came back at all, given Daisuke's track record; he has tons of other series that have been in limbo for years, supposedly. I'll take bimonthly HotD over "no idea when it'll come back" any day so screw you guys. If the series running less frequently keeps the writer motivated, then fine by me.

Although the characters in HotD have the goal of finding their parents, the story in HotD is whatever is happening at the time. That's just how it is in a zombie apocalypse. They seem pretty set on going to the police station right now, but I'd expect them to get sidetracked a few more times before the series ends. I'll agree that the mansion arc was pretty much the low point of the series so far, but I felt the shopping mall arc was one of the best. It had some interesting new faces and seemed to be the start of some serious change in the main characters. It leaves me wanting more, but I can be patient.

And personally I've come to like Triage X quite a lot. At first I wasn't terribly enthusiastic about it, but it grew on me. It doesn't seem to have an overarching story at this point, but it's a great action/ecchi "cliche concept" pulp series and if you like HotD for things other than the zombies, then I imagine you ought to like Triage X too.
gringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 08:12   Link #1017
ZeKeR
Superbad

so guys..... is kouta completely cured of his "i shot her... I SHOT HER!!!! i have to kill them!!!" mentality from shizuka sensei's revamping?
Old 2010-07-17, 08:18   Link #1018
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
so guys..... is kouta completely cured of his "i shot her... I SHOT HER!!!! i have to kill them!!!" mentality from shizuka sensei's revamping?
Too be honest I don't even know. It just seems like a load of crap to me that the situation is restored so easily.

I'm thinking there will be a time and a place of Kouta to really let it all out.

And looking closely at the anime OP before, I saw the M4A1 "List of Weapons" icon in there, here's hoping the fire fight up the airport runway back to the terminal is animated!

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 08:28   Link #1019
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Too be honest I don't even know. It just seems like a load of crap to me that the situation is restored so easily.

I'm thinking there will be a time and a place of Kouta to really let it all out.

And looking closely at the anime OP before, I saw the M4A1 "List of Weapons" icon in there, here's hoping the fire fight up the airport runway back to the terminal is animated!
eh? M4A1?! and i wanted to see FN SCAR's H and L by teh american army.... but i doubt that teh scar has seen international usage
Old 2010-07-17, 09:53   Link #1020
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
I doubt it, that would be too easy. It's just a temporary measure to keep him afloat. Saya taking his leash would probably be the only thing that can cure him.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, author died, ecchi, gun pr0n, harem, horror, inazuma, shounen, torpedo tits, zombies