AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2011-10-16, 20:34   Link #4201
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
No info on 10 yet. They had fully licensed the series before 10 came out.
Thank you for the information. I sent an e-mail asking about their license as it applies for 10/11(?) when it was listed on their website, but never got a response.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 08:14   Link #4202
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
I was Wavering to post this excerpt or not since the real copy will be shipping soon from retailers, but here's a sneak peek.

(They switched translators from Chris Pai to Paul Starr. I've already seen one translation I can't say I'd do, but it's somewhat understandable.)

Old 2011-10-24, 19:32   Link #4203
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

any rumor/info about next volume?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 07:07   Link #4204
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
any rumor/info about next volume?
Amazon has a listing for Intrigues, with a June 19, 2012 date attached. And Wavering is shipping; the cover has appeared and Amazon lists it In Stock.
Old 2011-10-27, 07:44   Link #4205
typhonsentra

He probably means Japanese releases.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 11:00   Link #4206
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Likely way too early to hear about Book 12.
Old 2011-10-27, 11:13   Link #4207
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
He probably means Japanese releases.
Right after context of a ultimatemegax post talking about English releases? Silly me for assuming he'd otherwise specify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Likely way too early to hear about Book 12.
...this too.
Old 2011-10-27, 16:52   Link #4208
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Right after context of a ultimatemegax post talking about English releases? Silly me for assuming he'd otherwise specify.

...this too.
I see nothing in his post that'd point to him actively participating in the ongoing discussion in the thread. I doubt most people in this thread actually wait for the official English releases anyway. I buy them to support the series, but it'd be crazy to wait 3+ years to read something that's already available online.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 23:18   Link #4209
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quick note on the translation. Here's a couple of changes that were taken by Yen Press from the fan/Bandai version:

"Starling Inferno" is now "Star Ring Inferno"
"Haru-nyan" is fully translated to "Haru-meow"

It's late in my time zone, so I'll double-check tomorrow for any other changes that I missed.

Old 2011-10-28, 22:37   Link #4210
ijuinkun

Well, the "Star Ring" bit definitely makes more sense that way. Dunno about the Haru-meow--while "nyan" is usually translated to "meow" as the sound of a cat, it loses the context where it's supposed to be a cute-ish version of "-chan".
ijuinkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 14:20   Link #4211
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Just like Azu-meow.... yeah I guess that's a good solution.
Old 2011-10-30, 16:44   Link #4212
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

It shows a lack of consistency between releases. On pg. 131 and 136 of Rampage the previous translator had "Haru-nyan" translated as "Harls." The new translator has a different translation and none of the editing staff bothered to catch it. Thus we have two different translations for the same nickname in Japanese for the official English releases.

Personally, I liked "Harls" as it signifies Tsuruya's addition of "s" on various words (which wasn't kept by the new translator) as a little verbal tic. It's a good translation of a nickname without going literal like "Haru-meow." This is why it bugs me, but others may feel differently.

Old 2011-11-07, 15:38   Link #4213
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

The cover arts for The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya have been revealed.

(Paperback)
(Hardcover)

They are set to be released on June 19th, 2012. Summary is as follows:
Quote:
After closing a time loop fiasco in The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (Vol. 5), our protagonist Kyon is ready to start a new year with a blank slate--no time travel, no apocalyptic worries, and maybe some actual peace and quiet with the SOS Brigade, a club comprised of his high school's most extraordinary students. Their leader is Haruhi, a bold, brash girl who doesn't realize that she's actually a powerful goddess whose moods can easily change the balance of the universe.

Just as Kyon starts to get comfortable, he gets a visit from his friend Mikuru. Except this isn't his Mikuru; it's a Mikuru from eight days in the future! Time traveling shenanigans start all over again as Kyon, guided by the future Mikuru, attempts to stop a terrible future from becoming a reality.

Old 2011-11-07, 18:06   Link #4214
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

I guess that summery wasn't checked by a proofreader?

Wow at the wrong volume for Disappearance and them saying that they're trying to "stop a terrible future".

Thanks for providing us the covers for Intrigues. I received my copy of Wavering on Friday, and I have read through part of it. I noticed in the "Live Alive" story, they mention Pop Music Club instead of Light Music Club. I am not sure if the fan translated version had the same as that. Not sure how I feel about "Haru-meow". I kinda liked "Starling Inferno" better than "Star Ring Inferno" because it just had that Engrish feel to it, plus it sounded like a lawyer-friendly nod to Star Light Breaker.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 04:39   Link #4215
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Hmm, Chartreuse, I wasn't expecting that.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 01:36   Link #4216
orangejuicetang

English Astonishment set roughly two year from now?
Well, I suppose I've waited quite a long time already.

>.>
*Completely missed the fan translation

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 03:10   Link #4217
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Nagato Yuki-chan continues. But who is Nagato? Almost the normal (alien) Nagato...but she is not quite (she blushes). But she isn't quite the Alt-Yuki anymore either. (but then the Nagato Yuki-chan alt is like a alt version of the Haruhi-chan Yuki...with the gamer parts and the antics with Ryoko).

One step and a time, Kyon. One step at a time.
Old 2011-11-30, 21:19   Link #4218
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Astonishment's first press edition sold 435,124 (about 85% of the first pressing) this fiscal year according to Oricon. Since the set contained two books, that's 870,148 novels sold from one release. The series itself sold 1,094,466 books this year. (Taken from the amount sold for Tanigawa and adding another 435,124 (for the 11th novel) to it)

Only Index, Haganai, and Infinite Stratos had more total books sold this year.

Old 2011-11-30, 21:59   Link #4219
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well if anime require lead time to make...that's I suppose two year until it could be possibly animated? Including figuring out how to make sure it works with the existing unanimated material (research, writting, scripting, animating, and so on).
Old 2011-12-04, 21:04   Link #4220
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
I guess that summery wasn't checked by a proofreader?

Wow at the wrong volume for Disappearance and them saying that they're trying to "stop a terrible future".
They have a section on Yen Press's site for the novels now, and so far the synopses match those of the previous releases. Here's their synopsis for Intrigues:

"It’s a new year, and Haruhi Suzumiya, the powerful (and pushy) leader of the SOS Brigade is actually…content. For once, she’s not seeking out time-traveling exploits, murder mysteries, or any other wild adventures that could lead to the destruction of the universe. Surprisingly, it’s Kyon, the most normal member of the SOS Brigade, who wants to shake things up. When Kyon discovers that something’s not right with the universe, it’s up to him, his pal (and secret crush) Mikuru, and the beautiful but stoic Nagato to head back to the past in order to save the future."

I haven't read Intrigues (lol, got taken down before I could get to it). Is this better? (I know it's better than getting the ordering of your own series wrong)

Tags
shounen, sneaker bunko, seinen, light novels, manga