AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-11-13, 10:31   Link #281
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
You've come to that conclusion after seeing it for only a few seconds?

Yeah, that makes sense...
i came to that conclusion i first saw it in the preview. imo they shouldve kept the new movable cannons and mounted them like previous predecessors to rachel. its probably seraphim V2 on its back anyways. personally i like the small packaing of the hidden MS for his line of gundams.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 14:29   Link #282
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Wrong thread to be discussing it, I think. I do believe 4Tran once stated he wanted this thread to be used for mech/tech stuff that isn't related to Gundam 00, since that has a thread of its own.
Old 2010-05-10, 00:19   Link #283
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

How does the technology of the Positron Reflector in the SEED series work?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 10:43   Link #284
LightMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
How does the technology of the Positron Reflector in the SEED series work?
As far as I know, it's never really explained in detail, but for all practical reasons it's a bigger Beam Shield, pumped up to the point where it can eat Anti-Mater beams. Though it seems to lose out on physical resistance.
LightMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 03:03   Link #285
X207
Gamyūsa

i was looking at weapon pics of the akatski gundam and i came cross this
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/see...orb-01-73f.jpg
its basically a handle hidden in the dragoon. was this ever used or was it an option it didnt have to fall back on?
Old 2010-05-23, 03:36   Link #286
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Err...i think that was the beam cannon on the Oowashi Striker pack.
Old 2010-05-23, 10:54   Link #287
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN View Post
Err...i think that was the beam cannon on the Oowashi Striker pack.
thanks ravnen, i dont think it was used anime.
Old 2010-05-26, 01:38   Link #288
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I was watching F91 the other night, and I noticed most solid shields used by the EFSF seem to be useless after one hit.

Are they designed to offer continuous protection against fire, or just good for one hit?
Old 2010-05-31, 11:06   Link #289
JC...
I am a Pie

In space colonies, is there some sort of day/night cycle? Like, they make the colony dark for night hours? I don't think I've come across it before... I might have done but I don't remember...
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 17:48   Link #290
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
In space colonies, is there some sort of day/night cycle? Like, they make the colony dark for night hours? I don't think I've come across it before... I might have done but I don't remember...
The O'Neill Cylinder habitats (you see them in UC era, and also ORB's colony early on in Gundam Seed is of this type) tilt the reflectors to simulate day and night cycles.
I believe the Hourglass shaped Habitats that ZAFT use also use reflectors to provide light and i guess the same principle of tilting them can simulate day night cycles
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 08:08   Link #291
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanthraX^ View Post
The O'Neill Cylinder habitats (you see them in UC era, and also ORB's colony early on in Gundam Seed is of this type) tilt the reflectors to simulate day and night cycles.
I believe the Hourglass shaped Habitats that ZAFT use also use reflectors to provide light and i guess the same principle of tilting them can simulate day night cycles
Cool thanks for the info...
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 02:54   Link #292
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I was curious, beam shields are more effective than solid shields right? But since they're beams...does that mean they're harmful to the MS using it? Talking about UC beam shields by the way.

If a small bit of the shield brushed up against the MS that deployed it, would the MS get damaged?
Old 2011-01-17, 02:57   Link #293
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
If a small bit of the shield brushed up against the MS that deployed it, would the MS get damaged?
I would think so. There's no functional difference between a beam saber and a beam shield, and in Victory Gundam Uso was able to cut a huge gash in an enemy grunt unit with a beam rotor.
Old 2011-01-17, 03:03   Link #294
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

The F91 also threw a spare beam shield at an enemy MS like a shuriken, caused it to exploded. But if they're just as harmful to to an enemy MS as they are to the MS using it, does that really make them more effective?

Suppose there is a malfunction with the shield, and it cuts off the MS's arm or something.
Old 2011-01-17, 03:17   Link #295
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Suppose there is a malfunction with the shield, and it cuts off the MS's arm or something.
They're usually designed and positioned in such a way that such a scenario is unlikely.

What I'd like to know is what made a beam shield superior to an I-field barrier.
Old 2011-01-17, 03:26   Link #296
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

An I-field only blocks beam weaponry. Where as a beam shield is able to deflect both particle weapons and solid rounds.

Example being in F91, a Jegan launched several grenades at a Crossbone MS and they all impacted and exploded when striking the beam shield.

It's basically like an I-field, but much more effective, and covers all areas of possible attack.
Old 2011-01-17, 03:27   Link #297
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
What I'd like to know is what made a beam shield superior to an I-field barrier.
I-field barriers are purely anti-beam defense mechanisms (see 0083: Dendrobium Orchis vs. Neue Ziel). So beam shields already are superior in that they can block non-beam weapons. Of course this is minimized when you realize that by the time beam shields came out, there are less non-beam weapons being used.

Also, is that it is easier to shape. If I remember correctly, I-field barriers need to be spherical, whereas beam shields can have a variety of shapes.

Lastly, beam shields use less energy and space, therefore than can be placed on something as small as an MS, especially when you consider the smaller size of post-CCA MS, and the resulting reduction in MS real estate.
Old 2011-01-17, 03:35   Link #298
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzmaister View Post
Also, is that it is easier to shape. If I remember correctly, I-field barriers need to be spherical, whereas beam shields can have a variety of shapes.
But spherical is a good thing. If you make it big enough you can cover the whole MS, leaving no blind spots.

Quote:
Lastly, beam shields use less energy and space, therefore than can be placed on something as small as an MS, especially when you consider the smaller size of post-CCA MS, and the resulting reduction in MS real estate.
By the time of Victory Gundam I-fields could remain active without the need for a cool-down period, and seemed to take up roughly the same amount of space.
Old 2011-01-17, 22:43   Link #299
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Do different colored particle beams in the UC series have different strengths?

For example:

Pink particle beams = weak
Yellow particle beams = strong

So on and so forth.
Old 2011-01-18, 00:11   Link #300
CrimsonBlitz

There is a difference between A I-field and a Beam Shield.

I-fields are only for anti-beam

Beam Shields can deflect anything as long as it does not overload the beam generator.

In Unicorn. we see the suit equipped with a I field generator in the shield. So my guess is by f91 the I-field help to reinforce the beam shield.
CrimsonBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote