AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-12, 21:06   Link #3001
Who

If you're satisfied with vanilla graphics and the high-res texture patch, then good, if not; mess around with some of the ENB graphics mods. Not that hard to install and uninstall.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 21:14   Link #3002
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Only just started playing the game, feels a little slow combat wise coming as a FPS player
Aside from getting graphic mods, you should at least get "Enhanced High-Level Gameplay" which is both on nexus and the steam workshop. Makes gameplay (combat wise) significantly tougher depending on your game difficulty. If you really wanna feel that hack and slash thing, look up "Duel - Combat Realism 5" which makes melee focus a lot on parry/block.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 04:15   Link #3003
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanner View Post
I use a mod that puts a ton of "random npcs" in the wild, weak or strong which could help you out in leveling up vampire perks. Afaik, there's not way to see how many kills you need for the next "level". It's called "more npcs in the wild" or something like that at the steam workshop if you wanna check it out. I just go by the exp bar xP
Mmm I have almost maxed out the skills for the Vamp Lord, just been hurling bolts at people, works well.

Finished the questline, was pretty fun that last fight. Simple, but fun.

I never really had a problem with Serena. At least not the ones being reported here anyway.

Spoiler for Dawnguard stuff:
Old 2012-08-14, 08:45   Link #3004
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
But if you shoot the Sunblessed arrows into the sun the sun is supposed to 'exploded' and rain down beams of light, like stormcall. Has this worked for anyone? Because it doesn't seem to work for me.[/SPOILER]
Worked for me. You have to have the sun literally in your eyes (you'll know when your screen flashes yellow for a bit) before you shoot your arrow. It's possible with even partial cloud cover, as long as that flash happens.
Old 2012-08-14, 12:42   Link #3005
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Spoiler for DG:
Spoiler for Dawnguard:

Old 2012-08-14, 17:52   Link #3006
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Not sure whether Bethesda will comply with the fans' demands...the inability to marry her is not due to oversight or bugs, but rather her character and the insecurities she carries around. Somehow the idea that she'd reject a marriage proposal didn't strike me as OOC - she is carrying quite a heavy internal burden,
Spoiler:

I know many will disagree with me, but I don't mind not being able to marry her - especially if this ability comes at the cost of character consistency.
Old 2012-08-14, 17:59   Link #3007
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Not sure whether Bethesda will comply with the fans' demands...the inability to marry her is not due to oversight or bugs, but rather her character and the insecurities she carries around. Somehow the idea that she'd reject a marriage proposal didn't strike me as OOC - she is carrying quite a heavy internal burden,
Spoiler:

I know many will disagree with me, but I don't mind not being able to marry her - especially if this ability comes at the cost of character consistency.
Very insightful and I agree now with reading your opinion. Then again, it'd be nice to marry a vampire when your a vampire. She reminds of Selene from the Underworld movie series too haha

Old 2012-08-14, 20:58   Link #3008
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I just figured out that my mage's companion (Lydia 2.0) is a great personal blood source which makes vampire feeding less hectic.

Yuri vamping ftw...
Old 2012-08-14, 23:14   Link #3009
Mr Hat and Clogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Worked for me. You have to have the sun literally in your eyes (you'll know when your screen flashes yellow for a bit) before you shoot your arrow. It's possible with even partial cloud cover, as long as that flash happens.
Mmm don't think I'm getting that flash. Admittedly I tried on a cloudy day, yet the bloodcursed arrows worked perfectly with the darkening making it easy to see the sun. Do you have to be in combat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Spoiler:

I found that to be one of her more interesting character points tbh. Her distance and distrust seemed to me to be something you could work on over the quest and perhaps after. If the game went further with it I think it'd be good, since she did trust you with her (un)life. I was happy with the end where she asked if I was going to go on any more adventures and I said she could come along and she said something like 'that'd be awesome, buddy.' I'm sure someone will make a romance mod though, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I just figured out that my mage's companion (Lydia 2.0) is a great personal blood source which makes vampire feeding less hectic.

Yuri vamping ftw...
you can feed on companions?! Mmm time to get that multi-companion mod and drag Lydia around as a mobile food supply for Serena and I. 3 way yuri vamping there!

Just need to find the dog, then I'd have a whole menagerie; spectral horse, undead dragon... white fluffy dog. Durnehviir is pretty awesome, I love unleashing him on stuff, he rips this to pieces (he looks awesome to).
Old 2012-08-14, 23:41   Link #3010
DuoRanger
Banned

i think that the next TES will be a Civil war in the oblivion, mainly because of the Dovahkiin, since he's probbaly the one who will replace Talos/Lorkhan/Shor/Shezzarr in the god's pantheon as the missing god AGAIN!

thus the CoC trolled all daedric lords becoming the new Sheogorath, thus freeing Jyggalag in tre process
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 23:46   Link #3011
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Replacing a god might very well happen to the Dragonborn. Really wouldn't surprise me, given how the Champion ascended. I'm almost certain that the Dragonborn will achieve immortality--the last two PCs did, after all.
Old 2012-08-14, 23:49   Link #3012
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Companion tasty nibbles process:
1) Tell companion to sleep on a bed
2) Sneak and feed before exiting companion directive mode.
Old 2012-08-15, 00:31   Link #3013
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Mmm don't think I'm getting that flash. Admittedly I tried on a cloudy day, yet the bloodcursed arrows worked perfectly with the darkening making it easy to see the sun. Do you have to be in combat?
No. Maybe you need some type of NPC (hostile or not) nearby. I just shot the arrow at the sun in Whiterun (even on a semi-cloudy day) and down came le beamz. As long as you hold down your arrow to it's strongest and point and shoot directly at the sun it should work. I haven't tried doing it when no npcs were nearby though.

Old 2012-08-15, 01:42   Link #3014
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post

Yuri vamping ftw...
this isn't anime god damn it! it's Vampianism

Spoiler for for those who dont get it:

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2012-08-15 at 12:07.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 17:35   Link #3015
sa547
*Author

Seems that only in Soul Cairn I was plagued by CTDs (and had to rely on hard saves), and it took some mod manager tweaks and lowered GPU settings to fight it.

Despite some problems, Serana's getting my vote as one of the best companion NPCs since Alyx Vance.

Oh, another thing: I installed CBBE.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-08-16 at 04:25.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 19:45   Link #3016
Mr Hat and Clogs

She is quite interesting.

Wish we could get the same hood she does while wearing that armor. Like... Auto wearing during the day.
Old 2012-08-15, 21:03   Link #3017
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
She is quite interesting.

Wish we could get the same hood she does while wearing that armor. Like... Auto wearing during the day.
If you just want the hood, can always pick up a hood/armor mod that has it. As for auto-hood, duno bout that haha

Old 2012-08-16, 07:29   Link #3018
sa547
*Author

Went all over the Cairn, trying to find pages to Jiub's book. The damned place was real big, and it's so easy to be lost in it without remembering a point of reference or two to get your bearings straight.
Old 2012-08-16, 21:56   Link #3019
Who

The mod I've been waiting for since forever has finally come out. I don't care how immersion breaking it is; you can blame the Dwemer for being so smart.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/22545/ (Dwemer rifle)
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 21:59   Link #3020
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I don't think it's too immersion-breaking. I have a similar mod for Morrowind that adds a bolt-firing Dwemer rifle.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim