AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-08-27, 09:47   Link #27241
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Guys, that's what I call a Full Armor Gundam!

http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=89745
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 09:55   Link #27242
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Guys, that's what I call a Full Armor Gundam!

http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=89745
See now that is cool, I like the FA Unicorn for it's awesome-ness as much as it is ridiculous but that doesn't look ridiculous, it looks awesome and cool.
Just a pity he can't see his shoes
Old 2012-08-27, 09:57   Link #27243
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
See now that is cool, I like the FA Unicorn for it's awesome-ness as much as it is ridiculous but that doesn't look ridiculous, it looks awesome and cool.
Just a pity he can't see his shoes
Agreed. While the original looks cool, it's just a bunch of stuff slapped on, but this is something else If that was an actual kit, I would buy it in a heartbeat!

Edit: This isn't half-bad either

http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=89759
Old 2012-08-27, 10:24   Link #27244
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Oh now that I really like, I love those types of cannons that sit there. One of my favorite features for Gunpla.
The Guncannon MS is one of my favorites for that alone even tho the suit is abit dated itself.

Would be really nice if Bandai did make stuff like these where it's abit more up to date.
Old 2012-08-27, 10:34   Link #27245
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Oh now that I really like, I love those types of cannons that sit there. One of my favorite features for Gunpla.
The Guncannon MS is one of my favorites for that alone even tho the suit is abit dated itself.

Would be really nice if Bandai did make stuff like these where it's abit more up to date.
Indeed. Some of those modelers should be hired by Bandai to redesign some of the older MS-designs Not that I find anything wrong about the old ones, but seeing a modern take of it is definitely not a bad thing
Old 2012-08-27, 11:53   Link #27246
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

These are both older models, but I'm debating whether the Master Grade 00 Raiser or 00 Seven Sword/G would be a more worthwhile purchase. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Infinite Zenith; 2012-08-27 at 12:34.
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 13:23   Link #27247
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
These are both older models, but I'm debating whether the Master Grade 00 Raiser or 00 Seven Sword/G would be a more worthwhile purchase. Any suggestions?
Well I can tell you that I love my HG Seven Sword and 00 Raiser, absolutely great little models.
I expect the MGs will be even better and cause I loved my HGs so much I do feel very inclined to get the MGs myself.

Before I got them I did like the Exia alot and wanted the MG of that but with the SS that's the one I want most.

How much do I love the SS, while I know I shouldn't be playing with it I do keep it very close to my computer so I can tinker with it whenever I feel like like it.
I suspect I will end up breaking at it some point and will have to replace it>_<
Old 2012-08-27, 15:10   Link #27248
Appel

Quote:
I wouldn't really call them old, they are both still rather recent when it comes to MGs^^
The MG OO Gundam itself (which you get with both of them) is awesome. Great articulation, nothing falls off, it looks more perfect than the perfect grade.
Now whether you get the OO raiser or the Seven Sword /G is a question of personal taste. Personally I think the Seven Sword version is just completely overloaded. I also prefer having the models of the suits that were actually animated.
Also, the OO raiser has perfect balance. It won't tilt to either side on an action base.
I don't own the Seven Sword version though so I can't say too much about that.

All in all they are (probably) both equally awesome. It's really up to you which one you like better.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 15:39   Link #27249
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
Personally I think the Seven Sword version is just completely overloaded.
Funny considering you have the FA Unicorn

While I don't know how it is with the MG the HG is pretty solid stuff, personally not fond of the knees so may end up swapping them with the 00 Raiser.

But really most of the "problems" are very minor with any suit, it's really all a matter of how much you like the look of it and simply if you want it or not.
Old 2012-08-27, 16:07   Link #27250
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
I have both versions, though the Raiser is still in my backlog. The Seven Swords version is great as Appel said, but I have trouble doing ground poses with all swords on the kit. The ankle joints are pretty lose and make the kit easily fall. The big weapons are a factor in that as well. Also, the arms can't always support the more heavier weapons, like the GN Sword II Long.
Old 2012-08-27, 17:02   Link #27251
RX93-2
White Unicorn

Quote:
How the hell are those old?
Anyway I'd go with 7S/G myself, but I wouldn't display it fully loaded due to overkill.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 17:14   Link #27252
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Thanks for the responses, everyone I might've made a slight semantics error when I said older (I consider most kits to be new if they were released less than six months ago, but that's me).

I think that I've reached a decision now. In terms of appearance, I think the 00SS/G appeals to me slightly more because of the sheer overkill it has with respect to appearance. That, and the sheer amount of that clear blue on it.
Old 2012-08-27, 20:33   Link #27253
FalsePrime

Well just finished the Delta Plus. Love the design, love the suit and love the box art.

Sadly the Model itself leaves alot to be desired. The feet and I don't get along, and while I like how well they worked in the Tranformation it made the waist/lower stomach way more fiddley then I would like. That and comming right off the ReZEL which is solid as a brick he just feels flimsy.

That said, still totally love it and while it is probably my least favorite model I got this year, I still would buy if given the choice now.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 20:54   Link #27254
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Have done both Mg 00 Raiser & 00 7s/g. The problem for 00R is wing binder can dropped easily & both 00 have weak leg joints & hand
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 21:35   Link #27255
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
Have done both Mg 00 Raiser & 00 7s/g. The problem for 00R is wing binder can dropped easily & both 00 have weak leg joints & hand
I think I'll consider getting an action base for the 00 SS/G in light of the weak legs. Ironically, the crazy articulation is (while in theory, a good thing) actually one of the weak points, it seems
Old 2012-08-27, 22:31   Link #27256
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I think I'll consider getting an action base for the 00 SS/G in light of the weak legs. Ironically, the crazy articulation is (while in theory, a good thing) actually one of the weak points, it seems
Ups, sorry I’m late

Personally, I don’t have a problem with my 00 7 Swords. Due to the kit design of the GN Drives on both shoulders, balance issue is almost non-existent when you pose it on the ground (especially when you put both big Swords on its shoulders). It’s just the Blaster Sword like to fall off a bit. The feet, although pretty small, are decent because they can firmly grasp the ground (even in some extreme poses) due to the solid articulated ankle joints. The overall leg and crotch joints are also quite solid (at least for mine). Anyway, here’s my previous post that feature 007 to help you get the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
So quiet....
Guess I’ll share some pics here.

Just finished building my MG 00 7-Sword too.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Spoiler for Comparison:
Old 2012-08-28, 03:13   Link #27257
Appel

Quote:
Funny considering you have the FA Unicorn
the FA unicorn is overkill but not in a comical way^^ I was mainly talking about the two huge weapons that the OO Seven Sword/ G has. I really don't like those.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 03:18   Link #27258
RX93-2
White Unicorn

I like the sword-gun.

I don't like the space-shuttle-bottom looking shield/gun.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 11:26   Link #27259
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Ups, sorry I’m late

Personally, I don’t have a problem with my 00 7 Swords. Due to the kit design of the GN Drives on both shoulders, balance issue is almost non-existent when you pose it on the ground (especially when you put both big Swords on its shoulders). It’s just the Blaster Sword like to fall off a bit. The feet, although pretty small, are decent because they can firmly grasp the ground (even in some extreme poses) due to the solid articulated ankle joints. The overall leg and crotch joints are also quite solid (at least for mine). Anyway, here’s my previous post that feature 007 to help you get the picture.
That's quite the impressive number of ground poses you've got there. I've made my call, picked up the Seven Sword, and are now nearly done everything up to the arms. I absolutely love that clear green-blue colour that forms the condensers
Old 2012-08-28, 11:27   Link #27260
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Is it just me or are people here getting into 00 Master Grade kits again?

Hm... LOLOLOLOL

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy