AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-24, 01:18   Link #1
ShadowX114
is my nickname

Question What order should I watch the FMP series

I know nothing about FMP but I heard thats its a really nice anime. But I'm intrested of watching S2 not S1, so will I understand ?
Old 2004-01-24, 01:54   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Probably. All you have to know is that Sagura Sasuke has been in the army since he was old enough to walk. (He was born in a war-torn third world nation.) He has never had a normal life and has never been a civilian. Consequently he thinks of everything (and I do mean everything) in military terms.

He has been assigned to guard Chidori from terrorists. There is a good reason, but it is irrelevant in Fumoffu. I'll only say that she contains a secret that she is unaware of. You can enjoy the show without ever knowing the secret so I won't spoil season 1 for you. This is why he has become a student at her school. It is his cover.

Enjoy.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-02-01, 19:22   Link #3
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

u might not get some jokes in fumoffu though....or u wont laugh when its suppost to be funny cause it refers to S1
Old 2004-02-01, 22:23   Link #4
Umbrae
Generic Human

I never watched season one but season 2 has become my favorite comidy anime series. . .

if that helps answer your question.
Old 2004-02-06, 19:51   Link #5
roguenoir
Rogue Member

There are a few instances where they talk about or have flashbacks of events that happened in FMP 1, so if you don't mind encountering minor spoilers, it should be OK. Note that there's no plot, so knowing the FMP 1 storyline probably won't make a huge difference.
Old 2004-02-06, 20:37   Link #6
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrae
I never watched season one but season 2 has become my favorite comidy anime series. . .
Same with me. I've since seen season 1 and didn't find anything spoiled by watching season 2 first.

NoSanninWa told you all you need to know to enjoy Fumoffu.
Old 2004-02-14, 03:22   Link #7
CraZ-

Send a message via ICQ to CraZ- Send a message via AIM to CraZ- Send a message via MSN to CraZ- Send a message via Yahoo to CraZ-
Question

Can anyone tell me where can i download Full Metal Panic Season1 as i am new to this series? Does www.animesuki.com has it or it has been liscensed?
Old 2004-02-14, 03:55   Link #8
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Y'know if you bothered to look you could actually find the answer to this question all on your own. If you did that you wouldn't have to risk exposing not just your ignorance, but also your inability to figure out a problem for yourself. Do you know what the inability to figure out a problem is called?

I'll leave the discovery up to you. I promise that it isn't a tough problem and AnimeSuki provides all the information you need to figure it out.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-02-14, 14:55   Link #9
Hybrid
props to uzi626

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Y'know if you bothered to look you could actually find the answer to this question all on your own. If you did that you wouldn't have to risk exposing not just your ignorance, but also your inability to figure out a problem for yourself. Do you know what the inability to figure out a problem is called?

I'll leave the discovery up to you. I promise that it isn't a tough problem and AnimeSuki provides all the information you need to figure it out.
rofl NoSanninWa is so mean

owell u can look on AS's (hehe) license list

orrr you can just look like 10 threads down and read the title and responses
Old 2004-02-14, 19:05   Link #10
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Sorry. Guess I was feeling a little pissy. Then I saw this question and it came out.

CraZ-, sorry that I was so mean. In the future please try to at lest look for an answer before asking a question. This is a simple question of the type that people have seen an awful lot of. That doesn't really excuse how mean I was, but I hope it is enough of an explanation that you will at least forgive me.

Old 2004-02-15, 09:15   Link #11
TronDD
Team the box!

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day, tell a man to buy a book on fishing...

I don't think you were too hard on him. People want to be spoon feed. Of course, no one is forcing you to respond at all.

If I want to know if a series is licenced, I either see if it's for sale on Amazon or look it up on animenfo. Takes 2 seconds. Animenfo will even tell you who licensed it or some of the fansubbers that are releasing it (not always a great list, but still). Learn to use your resources, and not just bother other people who have.
Old 2004-02-15, 10:51   Link #12
Masuki

He just asked a question,its not like he made a topic about it like most people do.FMP is out there,pm me for the whole series if interested.
There are some things in 2 you probably won't fully understand without watching one,I would recommend one first,then two.You wouldn't want to miss out on eitheir of the seasons.
Old 2004-08-28, 00:59   Link #13
Zipi-2
God

Send a message via ICQ to Zipi-2
Full metal panic Fumoffu?

should i watch Fumoffu without watching the original full metal panic?

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-08-28 at 02:09. Reason: Thread merged
Old 2004-08-28, 01:06   Link #14
TronDD
Team the box!

Read NoSanninWa's post in this thread (and any others if you care to) and you'll be fine if you watch the two seasons out of order. The second season doesn't really require you to have seen the first. I watched them out of order, myself.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=5692
Old 2004-09-07, 18:10   Link #15
NarutoHead

Send a message via AIM to NarutoHead
Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD
Same with me. I've since seen season 1 and didn't find anything spoiled by watching season 2 first.

NoSanninWa told you all you need to know to enjoy Fumoffu.
yes there is, you know what charactars live/die.

anyways, I THINK you should just watch Season one instead of being an "I hate mech" bum. I'm not too fond about mech series either but I liked season 1 noentheless.

You will enjoy Fumoffu much more if you watch the background about them. Plus the side charactars will spark more interest from you too. Trust me, you'll atleast laugh harder simply because you'll know certian people's behavior and you've been around with them longer.

They both are 2 great series so I mean 2 is better than one right? I know my friend forced me to watch season 1 before 2 because I asked him the same question you did, and i'm glad that i listened.

so in the end, you dont HAVE TO, but I REALLY RECCOMEND IT.
Old 2006-03-31, 02:54   Link #16
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

Question about Full Metal Panic

I hear there are 3 shows: Full Metal Panic, Full metal panic the second raid and Full Metal Panic fumoffu! Which do I need to see first to get the best of the story?

I heard it is a good series so I really want to see it in the correct order, hehe.
Old 2006-03-31, 03:02   Link #17
YoshiZumi
Translator for Ayu

Send a message via AIM to YoshiZumi
First Full Metal Panic was aired in 2002. Then Full Metal Panic Fumoffu in 2003. Then Full Metal Panic The second raid aired in 2005. Great series. Watching it in that order would probably be the best.
Old 2006-03-31, 03:32   Link #18
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

thanks mate

you are a cool otoku ruler amazing man of power and scope beyond horses wildest dream.

*fades away into the night*
Old 2006-04-24, 23:43   Link #19
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
haha since the second raid was the easiest to find I ended up watching that one first. But I'm now getting the first series. Wasn't too hard to pick up what was going on though it'll be interesting to see it from the start.
Old 2006-07-18, 12:26   Link #20
mt888

watch FMP first thrn fumoffu and then watch FMP the seconed raid! the best order
Closed Thread