AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Your impression of the movie - A Wakening of the Trailblazer
091 - 100: Amazing 78 24.15%
081 - 090: Great 66 20.43%
071 - 080: Very Good 46 14.24%
061 - 070: Good 50 15.48%
051 - 060: Average 24 7.43%
041 - 050: Below Average 17 5.26%
031 - 040: Bad 6 1.86%
021 - 030: Very Bad 4 1.24%
011 - 020: Awful 10 3.10%
001 - 010: You would rather watch Britney Spears exposing her crotch. *shudder* 22 6.81%
Voters: 323. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-12-08, 19:01   Link #1241
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Those are simply really powerful robots, I am talking about something sentient.
"Simply"? Any pilot that sits in the cockpit of either one of those machines becomes a god, plain and simple.
Old 2011-12-08, 19:18   Link #1242
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
I think it's safe to say that Setsuna is immortal, his no longer remotely human, he hasn't aged in 50 years. His body isn't flesh and blood, his the closest thing we have seen to a god like being in the history of Gundam.
An Innovator already has triple the lifespan of a human, so even if he was still a normal Innovator he would not have been seen to age that much either, or it barely been recognizable since Setsuna is still relatively young when he did become one. We don't even know how Innovator biology changes as they age since they are already modified sort of improved humans to begin with.

I'm not saying the possibility that he's immortal is small (he is very well merged with the ELS afterall) but its not exactly a fact as well. It is true that Setsuna is a bit special class though, the Final Mechanics book classifies him in a sort of unique class than the others though I can't recall the exact term.
Old 2012-01-26, 16:23   Link #1243
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I -FINALLY- watched it. I still don't know why I held it off for so long. Especially after watching it I was like "damn why didn't I watch this epic thing much, MUCH sooner? This movie is what Gundam 00 has all been about. The power to understand one another.

That being said, I don't think the ELS were actually attacking anyone to begin with. They wanted to understand by process of assimilation, not realising what it means for humanity to be alive. I don't think whatever the innovator captain did to the probe did anything to change their actions. They would've attempted to assimilate humanity regardless, not knowing that humanity would consider that death. The probe exploding merely meant that the ELS determined that they did not send sufficient numbers.

I really feel sorry for Feldt though.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 16:56   Link #1244
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah it was confirmed a while back that the ELS weren't trying to attack or anything; the assimilation was just their only way of understanding and learning at the time, and metamorphing into GN-XIVs and (according to supplementary material) Gadelazas was them just repeating what the humans were doing at the time.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2012-01-26 at 17:11.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 17:08   Link #1245
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Wait, so when I was like "Oh now they're just copying the humans because they think it's normal for people to shoot at eachother.", I was actually right?
Old 2012-01-26, 17:11   Link #1246
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Something like that, yeah. Alien minds, y'know?
Old 2012-01-26, 21:28   Link #1247
T-T-Thunder!

I know it would have run counter to what Setsuna wanted to accomplish in that final mission, but I still wish he had to fight a ELS-Gadeleza or 00-Raiser once inside the mothership.

I know they pop up briefly in the manga adaptation, but it would have been sweet to see animated.
T-T-Thunder! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 03:08   Link #1248
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-T-Thunder! View Post
I know it would have run counter to what Setsuna wanted to accomplish in that final mission, but I still wish he had to fight a ELS-Gadeleza or 00-Raiser once inside the mothership.

I know they pop up briefly in the manga adaptation, but it would have been sweet to see animated.
I know, wish Qan(T) got to more more ass kicking. Right choice by the director given the message but as a fan of 00 Raiser blowing things up in S2, there's a part of me that went unsatisfied especially since Qan(T) is such an awesome design.
Old 2012-01-27, 11:14   Link #1249
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

By the way, this has probably been discussed before, but the sub I watched was hilarious. It had intentionally crappy subs during the movie segment near the beginning, and also Trans-Graham!
Old 2012-01-27, 11:40   Link #1250
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Yeah, I recall that and which group did it. Purposely complicated language
Old 2012-12-18, 14:34   Link #1251
sniperz

This should be the finale of such a great series right? The ending was kind of unexpected but still that proofs some love of Feldt and Marina Ismail with Setsuna or what? Owh well quite something. Understanding each other? I guess some true love back there with him being ELS'ed.

So why ELS attacked the humans because they are escaping and dying from the Sun? I doubt the humans want to fight them too.
sniperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 14:38   Link #1252
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The ELS fought back since they didn't know their assimilation method for understanding things was harmful to other creatures (they have no real concept of death due to their hive mind) and their battles with humans were mainly them just repeating their own actions, up until Setsuna and Tieria made contact with them directly. As for their coming to the solar system, that was merely just them exploring the galaxy.
Old 2012-12-18, 14:57   Link #1253
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperz View Post
This should be the finale of such a great series right? The ending was kind of unexpected but still that proofs some love of Feldt and Marina Ismail with Setsuna or what? Owh well quite something. Understanding each other? I guess some true love back there with him being ELS'ed.
I think they left that matter to the audience’s interpretation. In the movie, Setsuna kinda accept Feldt’s love and he picked Marina up at the end. And since Feldt’s isn’t adressed anymore after the time-skip, who knows? Maybe Setsuna picked her up too -> make Marina & Feldt young again with some alien powers -> become his harem -> live happily ever after in the alien world.
Old 2012-12-18, 21:23   Link #1254
sniperz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I think they left that matter to the audience’s interpretation. In the movie, Setsuna kinda accept Feldt’s love and he picked Marina up at the end. And since Feldt’s isn’t adressed anymore after the time-skip, who knows? Maybe Setsuna picked her up too -> make Marina & Feldt young again with some alien powers -> become his harem -> live happily ever after in the alien world.
I would prefer an ending with more obvious hints. But well overall watching it before the so called 21/12/2012 sounds like I have a greater mission as a mere human too. That feel!

Owh gosh I have never streamed it to watch before but the movie was great overall.
sniperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 22:32   Link #1255
Destined_Fate

Only issue I have is with the ending giving me no closure for nearly the entire cast and Setsuna turning into an immortal silver superhuman.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 23:07   Link #1256
AmericanFairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Only issue I have is with the ending giving me no closure for nearly the entire cast and Setsuna turning into an immortal silver superhuman.
This.

This series was completely awesome all the way until the very end. However, the ending was one of the worst that I had ever seen.
AmericanFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 21:08   Link #1257
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I found the ending a little difficult to accept, myself, until I stumbled upon these pages from the manga. They depict Setsuna calling upon the ELS healing techniques to make Marina young again. Setsuna and Marina then tie the knot by marrying. This ending is even more hax than usual, but it offers some closure, and as such, is the ending that I found to be the most satisfying
Old 2012-12-20, 21:23   Link #1258
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Well, for me the anime ending was just disappointing. I know that it is cheesy but the Manga ending is clearly better and gives, just like ForwardUntoDawn said, closure.
Spoiler for manga ending pics:

http://endlessaky.wordpress.com/2011...tation-ending/
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 21:39   Link #1259
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Wow, I never thought that my wildest guess about Setsuna making Marina young again would be officialized . Well, at least now we have one official ending where Setsuna is indeed together with Marina .

Still, the best thing about the movie's open-ending is: It's up to me to imagine what happened to the characters. And I still love to imagine Setsuna having a harem ending with both Feldt & Marina! (considering Marina comes from a pseudo-muslim country, the idea of polygamy won't be foreign to her )

Btw, why Setsuna is not a silver-alien-being in that manga?
Old 2012-12-20, 21:51   Link #1260
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

We can't actually be sure what's going on there without a translation but I think it is FAR more likely that what happened in those pages had more to do with Innovator mental abilities than ELS bodywarping.