Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-03-29, 20:36   Link #281
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningTARGET
Actually who knows what the new Shirakawa might be like (or anyone for that matter), she might even be the complete opposite of kotori. I guess we'll just have to wait untill the game comes out so we can find out. Well the new Kotori.. er I mean Shirakawa seems to be my fave just by looks so far.
Yup, time will tell... but it certainly looks like Nanaka will be a bit more of a troublemaker than Kotori ever was... she plays in the band and likes to sing, but the site says she likes mischief and dislikes studying. Also, there's something a bit weird about the Asakuras, unless it's a typo... according to the site, they're both in second year, but Otome calls him "Otouto-kun" ("younger brother"), and Yume calls him "Nii-san" ("older brother")... and yet all signs point to the male lead being in third year (seeing as all the friend characters are in class 3-3). Also, I half-wonder whether the male lead may be a cousin to the Askuras this time as opposed to a sibling... but, anyway, we'll see...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 21:10   Link #282
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Nanaka actually is quite different from Kotori, from the little we know. Apart from looks anyway.

Otome, well, dunno, but she's pretty cute, and from her description, she sounds interesting and somewhat mature...or mature wannabe, and both are awesome ^^;. Yume scares me a bit already but I'd have to see her in action first, and she's still pretty cute. And it looks like she's a bit childish - I've always liked childishness.

Mm, relentlessflame, I still think that the main character might have to do something with the Yoshinos...no one else is related to Sakura there (as far as we know anyway), and she just has to be there, somewhere...so maybe he will be a cousin like you say...

And personally I take DCPC's Nemu's route as the canon ending (with WS and SV as after-stories), but I suppose DCSS doesn't reaaally conflict with that, or well, at least DCPC.

And I still don't know how Minatsu, Nanaka and the Mizukoshi girl whatever her name was got those surnames.
Old 2006-03-29, 21:25   Link #283
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST
And personally I take DCPC's Nemu's route as the canon ending (with WS and SV as after-stories), but I suppose DCSS doesn't reaaally conflict with that, or well, at least DCPC.
Yeah, I've always thought of DCSS as a sequel to DCPC (Nemu's true end), and WS/SV/FS as non-canon sidestories. That being said, it all depends on what gets established in DC II, of course.

Quite possible that you're right about the Yoshino connection... I was expecting to see a Yoshino amongst the cast too. Wataru's "Oss~u, Yoshiyuki" soundclip makes me wonder if that's one of the main character's proper names... but, on the other hand, it could be some sort of composite nickname (maybe Yoshino fits afterall?) I think having a Yoshino lead would be a pretty interesting twist, actually - the main character himself could have magical powers this time (more than just making those snacks... ) I'm more than a little interested in seeing what the magical twist is going to be this time around, with the tree back granting wishes again. All the more reason to believe that a Yoshino-descendant is in the cards... (plus for "Grandma Yoshino" to be Sakura this time would really tie the two games together...)
Old 2006-03-29, 21:35   Link #284
◕‿‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Yeah, I've always thought of DCSS as a sequel to DCPC (Nemu's true end), and WS/SV/FS as non-canon sidestories. That being said, it all depends on what gets established in DC II, of course.
Yeah. I just tend to take the games as canon, for things like these, but we'd see in DCII. But I don't really remember any incoherences between DCPC and DCSS, just like I don't see any in DCPC with DCWS and DCSV, but there is an obvious one that doesn't allow us to take all 4 as canon.

Speaking of the games and DCSS...does Aisha appear in DCFS? I heard she did and I remember seeing a pic, but I never played DCFS myself, and I'm curious.

Quote:
Quite possible that you're right about the Yoshino connection... I was expecting to see a Yoshino amongst the cast too. Wataru's "Oss~u, Yoshiyuki" soundclip makes me wonder if that's one of the main character's proper names... but, on the other hand, it could be some sort of composite nickname (maybe Yoshino fits afterall?) I think having a Yoshino lead would be a pretty interesting twist, actually - the main character himself could have magical powers this time (more than just making those snacks... ) I'm more than a little interested in seeing what the magical twist is going to be this time around, with the tree back granting wishes again. All the more reason to believe that a Yoshino-descendant is in the cards... (plus for "Grandma Yoshino" to be Sakura this time would really tie the two games together...)
Mm, Wataru is a strange one. I think that he'll be a more important character than it seems. After all, the sidekick role is already played by Suginami, so...wait, unless Wataru is also a girl, like you know who?

Wait, didn't they say Wataru is a friend of Nanaka, just like "he" was a friend of Kotori?

...naaaaaaah.

And a Yoshino has to be there, somewhere. Whether grandma Yoshino is Sakura this time, or there's a descendant there, or both...but a Yoshino is there, for sure.
Old 2006-03-29, 21:41   Link #285
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Mm, Wataru is a strange one. I think that he'll be a more important character than it seems. After all, the sidekick role is already played by Suginami, so...wait, unless Wataru is also a girl, like you know who?

Wait, didn't they say Wataru is a friend of Nanaka, just like "he" was a friend of Kotori?

...naaaaaaah.
And "he" lists "H stuff" as one of his main "likes"? I'm scared now...

The band plot is also looking interesting - that you, Nanaka, Koko, and Wataru are in a band together, presumably on any path. I guess that just continues the important role that music plays in the D.C. universe; could also play well in an anime, I suppose. And I wonder what the story is about Nanaka's friend (and her friend's brother?) Many stories to tell, I'm sure...
Old 2006-03-29, 21:45   Link #286
◕‿‿◕

At first I was giving a leg and an arm that those two slots were for the new Tomo-chan and Mik-kun, but it turned out to be something I really didn't see coming. Interesting indeed, I wonder what those two are up to.

Mm, it's also quite hard to guess who's the female lead, if there's only one. My bet is still on the Asakura siblings, but neither seems more important than the other...and there's Koko the childhood friend and Nanaka who is part of the band as well. But this is maybe a consequence of my following observation, which is...

...that one of the most interesting things about this, that DC/PC didn't do very well (and it's like the only flaw I can find, really, and it's fine to call me a fanboy if you want ^^), is many, many more connections between the female characters. I'm excited about that.
Old 2006-03-29, 22:31   Link #287
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Mm, it's also quite hard to guess who's the female lead, if there's only one. My bet is still on the Asakura siblings, but neither seems more important than the other...and there's Koko the childhood friend and Nanaka who is part of the band as well. But this is maybe a consequence of my following observation, which is...

...that one of the most interesting things about this, that DC/PC didn't do very well (and it's like the only flaw I can find, really, and it's fine to call me a fanboy if you want ^^), is many, many more connections between the female characters. I'm excited about that.
Yup, I agree completely; that would have been my one main complaint about the game. In fact, that's also the one thing that Second Season added even moreso than in the first season (though it was still somewhat limited). If they can preserve those connections (even to an extent) as you head down a certain game path, I think the game will definitely be better for it.

And, you know, you're blowing your cover... I thought you wanted people to see me as the D.C. fanboy on these boards... I guess your low Nemu-tolerance could leave room for doubt... In truth, I'm still way behind... my copies of W.S. and S.V. are stuck with Canada Customs... Oh well.
Old 2006-03-29, 22:45   Link #288
◕‿‿◕

Quote:
And, you know, you're blowing your cover... I thought you wanted people to see me as the D.C. fanboy on these boards... I guess your low Nemu-tolerance could leave room for doubt... In truth, I'm still way behind... my copies of W.S. and S.V. are stuck with Canada Customs... Oh well.
And that's why I don't want Yume to be another Nemu! That way, I can love all of DCII.

Though I gotta admit that Nemu was a lot easier to tolerate in the game, and game Jyunichi is actually one of my favourite male leads.

I think you make a better DC fanboy than I do. You love both the games and the anime - and as you know, I love only the games, kinda like the first season of DC, and don't like DCSS. So I'm kinda envious in that sense . You STILL haven't played DCSV though? Blasphemy. You really need to play Alice's DCPC route and DCSV after that. I swear she's absolutely lovable.

In DCSS (and DCPC too), you do get some interaction between the characters, but the main connection between them is Jyunichi. They all happen to be there obsessing over him, and mostly he's the reason why they do know each other and get to spend time together, and in the games, you don't really see the others once you're on someone's path.

Except for, say, Miharu and Alice, in both the game and also in DCSS, a little. Or Nemu and Sakura in both. Or Kotori and Kudou in the game. But like you said, in both the games and the anime, and even in these cases, it's still limited; in DCII's case the female characters THEMSELVES have reasons and things that they're connected through, and it certainly will be interesting...
Old 2006-03-30, 00:24   Link #289
SWPIGWANG

This is mildly OT, but is there any sort of english walkthough for the DC games online?

*stares at the DCPC CD*
SWPIGWANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 00:28   Link #290
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWPIGWANG
This is mildly OT, but is there any sort of english walkthough for the DC games online?

*stares at the DCPC CD*
Well, not that I'm aware of (granted that I haven't looked very hard); especially if you're meaning one that'd give not only a list of correct choices, but a guided explanation of the plot. If you just want to know what path to take to get a certain girl's ending, though, obviously any of the Japanese walkthroughs will work (here are two examples among many, I'm sure).
Old 2006-03-31, 05:08   Link #291
◕‿‿◕

http://dcps.hp.infoseek.co.jp/cap-memo.htm

That might also help, since DCPS is essentially the same as DCPC. It tells you who you'll see in each day, up to the point where you get on someone's route, so it's basically the same thing as what the other DC fanboy posted , except this is not as complete and arranged differently, which you might find comfortable.
Old 2006-04-01, 01:15   Link #292
KBTKaiser

all this walkthrough talk reminds me that I need to reinstall and finish DCPC. ^^;
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 18:09   Link #293
karloch
Old School Knight

Finally the last subbed final chapter is out.

Still waiting to watch that chapter, I'm very curious about Kudo. I hope that someone can light up my doubts (major spoilers about him follows, read at your own risk):

Spoiler:
Greets!
karloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 18:39   Link #294
◕‿‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by karloch
Spoiler:

Spoiler for DCSV and Kudou:
Old 2006-04-10, 02:07   Link #295
RanmaJE328

Send a message via AIM to RanmaJE328
Thumbs up What are your thoughts of the Da Capo Series. Ep 26 :no spoilers inside:

Da Capo Second Season Finally ended what left off of from the first season. I will not leave off any spoilers but I hope the creators will continue the Da Capo series.

I grew to love the characters along with the character developement and it was a very memorable romantic comedy/harem drama anime. A rarity these days where most Harem Anime end up with a Ranma like plot.

Anyway its too bad no US company has licensed a wonderful Harem Anime like Da Capo. I think it will do well here to cater the Romantic Comedy/Harem Anime fan.

I would love to see the video game licensed here but sadly dating and text based video game story simulations will not sell here. I wish I could read Japanese.

To all Da Capo Fans:

What are your thoughts about the series in its entirety? And would you play the video game if you had the chance.

Thanks and I hope to hear from fans in this thread.

RanmaJE328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 04:30   Link #296
Khaos

Spoiler for Kodu:

The ending was predictable and I like it.
It's one of those very few totally happy endings that manage not to be corny at all, of course this goes for the whole series.

DC is so far one of the best series in this genre with really loveable characters (and most of them really are characters and not just pure clichés), very beautiful drawings (ok, season one was much better drawn than SS I think (those eyes *melting*), but SS is still well above average) a great poetic storyline (again season one was better then SS) and really good humour (not many romantic series seem to have that feature) that almost never is primitive (save some jokes about Moe's...err...features, that just should have been omitted), of course again, season one had the better jokes.

Looking forward to the next series and hoping it to be more like season one.
Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 07:31   Link #297
karloch
Old School Knight

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Kudo:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Kudo:
And talking about the final of the series, I have to say that although predictable, I like it so much. In my opinion, I like more the second seasson than the first one, I just agree in everything with relentlessflame (I haven't participated on the thread, but I have been following it). Although we have the same characters, the same place, and the same dumb tree; the second seasson plot is totally different from the first one; and it makes so much sense.

The first season was ok, and I enjoyed it, but it has several dark points: the big split between comedy part and drama part, it was too radical, I prefer to mix them up a bit like DCSS; and the additional useless, dumb stories with the big black cat.

Anyway, I have really enjoyed both seasons. I would be really nice if CIRCUS releases some OVAs featuring the stories of games like DCSV or DCFS, although this is quite complex because the multiple paths of them, they would have to choose one.

I have managed to get a copy of DCSV, but it's asking me for a key to play. Even so, I don't mind, as I don't understand a single bit o japanese. The opening movie and the game extras (Banana game) are really nice
karloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 09:00   Link #298
Khaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by karloch
and the additional useless, dumb stories with the big black cat.
Ok, they were fillers, but I really liked them, very calm and poetic.

BTW, my poll's still up, I'd be happy if more people would vote and give opinions to the characters:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=30124
Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 11:48   Link #299
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It really is upsetting to see such an amazing cast just go like that. I know we're lucky to even get a second season.. & i'm happy we did, but still its really upsetting to think that i'll never see them again.

A good ending, i didn't find it at all rushed.. it was just nice to watch.. rather upsetting too.
Old 2006-04-10, 13:56   Link #300
koishii

Send a message via MSN to koishii
What I would like to know is where are their parents??! They must not be planning on coming back. Ever. o_o

And if they do, boy are they in for a surprise. I don't think they'll be as understanding as everyone else when they find out their kids have married eachother.
koishii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, romance, school life, seinen