AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-13, 18:27   Link #961
RevRayCool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
But yeah, I just hope she ends up happy. She's really been screwed badly despite her growth. Especially with loli Kei and the spoon
I wholeheartedly agree, which is why her talk with Jil really put me off. Either the writers were planting some delicious character development to sprout up later on, or they gave us a half-assed resolution to the Jil x Fatina subplot so that Fatina and everyone else can fade away in the background while Kaaya, Neeba, and Gil take center stage in the final episodes. My experiences with animu makes me feel like it's most likely going to be the latter. It just cheapens her character and everything that made her so likeable. If she disappears in the background after this episode, she will have gone full circle in her role as secondary love interest, and I rather not see that happen for the 1000th time.

The guy who writes Druaga is the dude who also writes Full Metal Panic though. I can accept a non-Fatina end as long as everything is handled right. Here's hoping that the last few episodes are something to remember. Please make Fatina happy...!

Last edited by RevRayCool; 2009-03-13 at 18:44.
RevRayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 21:44   Link #962
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Well, overall this was a decent episode. Everyone is up to Gilgamesh, except for Gremica who I'm sure isn't far behind. And from the preview and its episode title, Gilgamesh might bite the dust next week. I hope its true so we have time at the end of episode twelve for a decent epilogue so we can some good closure with the characters and the story.

Quote:
Fatina seems to be one of the most interesting characters in Druaga in my opinion. Honestly, at the beginning of the first series she treated Jil pretty badly and I developed a "she's gonna deserve what's coming to her attitude." However, her character is a lot more complex and likable after the betrayal.
She is probably the one character that was really grown and changed. Jil has a little, but not nearly enough as he should have.

Quote:
Although it seems to be moving to a cliche Kaaya x Jil ending and all my senses from watching anime tell me it'll probably end up that way, I can't help but feel they'll avoid a cliche pairing especially given the first episode parody. Really, the writer could go ether way.
It may be cliche, but is the best thing to do, in my opinion.

Quote:
Even though she did treat him badly during Season 1, she did think he was cute, she naturally disliked Kaaya for what I perceive as no other reason then her being close to Jil, and the two had a "bickering couple" type chemistry.
The main reason she disliked Kaaya was because of how she acted and how everyone generally cared for her. It wasn't until the end and after the first season that Jil was involved with Fatina's reasoning to dislike Kaaya.

Quote:
However, I also think her concern could be purely for a former comrade without any romantic underpinnings, especially given Neeba's betrayal of her. However, she slants what she says to ease the burden on Jil. The same thing probably applies with her escape. Although it might have started that way, I think Fatina has developed genuine feelings over time for Jil, especially since she seems to have had a soft spot for him all along.
I am a little annoyed over what Fatina said about Neeba. It seemed like she still cared for him romantically which is pretty dumb after what she has said and done to and for Jil in the past six months or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
As for the current situation, it looks bad for Neeba because is not his specialty with his bow and he is taking on a person who is pretty much a master with the sword with a sword.
I was scared when I saw Kaaya hanging on that wall. Its just like in Ki's vision too. Let's hope Jil can make a big difference so we don't see Kaaya tortured more by Gilgamesh.
Old 2009-03-15, 05:10   Link #963
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Still Neeba´s death flag is still up, and so far he hasent showed any sign of goodness except selfishness.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 04:02   Link #964
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ahah like i thought with the part with Ethana and when Kelb came rescue her with his army . It reminds me The Lord of the rings in Helm's deep XD
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 01:10   Link #965
the_firefly

DVD artwork for the first dvd, due out later this month:

the_firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 01:29   Link #966
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
I might vomit if Jin and kaaya get back together; and what's this about fatina. Make up your damn mind. Do you have feelings for Jin or Neeba? Sheesh.
she just said that she is worried about neeba and jil tells her that he has the same feelings.
I am rooting for Jil+fatina. By the way, if Kaaya doesn't die, she will end with Jil.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 08:04   Link #967
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
she just said that she is worried about neeba and jil tells her that he has the same feelings.
I am rooting for Jil+fatina. By the way, if Kaaya doesn't die, she will end with Jil.
Prepare some tissue ^^ I think you will need alot. I feel like stating the obvious but besides romantic interest as many people seems focus on when watching xx series Fatina doesn't wish death upon anyone, for her wanting to save a friend or a person is normal.

Episode 11 will be out today, I remember what Gil said about his two self becoming one. I’m going to believe the real Gil in his older form will merge with his darker side restoring eternal youth and malevolence.
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 12:27   Link #968
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz View Post
Prepare some tissue ^^ I think you will need alot. I feel like stating the obvious but besides romantic interest as many people seems focus on when watching xx series Fatina doesn't wish death upon anyone, for her wanting to save a friend or a person is normal.

Episode 11 will be out today, I remember what Gil said about his two self becoming one. I’m going to believe the real Gil in his older form will merge with his darker side restoring eternal youth and malevolence.
Tissues for what? If that is because the pairing that I want doesn't realize, I was actually a Jil+kaaya rooter the first season. I just think that Fatina and Jil make a better couple. I was kind of surprised when I saw Jil and Fatina together in the sequel.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 14:27   Link #969
GDB

Episode 11...
Spoiler for Ep11:
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 14:32   Link #970
NoLongerSane

Just saw episode 11.
Spoiler for Ep. 11:
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 14:37   Link #971
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

bwahaha, and the pairing wars end here !!!
awesome ep 1000000000/10
Spoiler:
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 14:43   Link #972
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Episode 11:
Old 2009-03-19, 14:50   Link #973
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for Episode 11:
Yeah, yeah downplay the scene why don't you...
it's ok the first step into acceptance is denial
Old 2009-03-19, 14:53   Link #974
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Oh i forgot. I'm best discussing a new episode of Druaga with you a few days after you've stopped with the ott Kaaya-ness. How could i forget.
Old 2009-03-19, 15:12   Link #975
GDB

Quote:
Perhaps you're in denial, and seeing things that aren't there?

All will be clear next week. That, or the writers are fail. Either way, we get resolution or a scapegoat for being fail.
Old 2009-03-19, 15:17   Link #976
Key Board
Carbon

He's not going to end up with anyone

He'll go on an adventure after all of this is over
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 15:30   Link #977
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 11
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 16:29   Link #978
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Oh i forgot. I'm best discussing a new episode of Druaga with you a few days after you've stopped with the ott Kaaya-ness. How could i forget.
who can blame me?
lt was an awesome reunion, as it stands now only way fatina gets jil is if kaaya dies!
jil: are you scared?
kaaya: no..
jil: because of lshtar?
kaaya: no, because you're here with me
~KYAAAAAAAAH!!!

hmm, whatever happen to the henaro bathing scene that was shown in the preview?

@GDB
lt's you who clearly isn't seeing things.

@ deathkillz
whose that in ur avy?
looks like a blonde nagi. O_O

Last edited by Manji Midou; 2009-03-19 at 16:57.
Old 2009-03-19, 17:10   Link #979
GDB

Quote:
who can blame me?
lt was an awesome reunion, as it stands now only way fatina gets jil is if kaaya dies!
jil: are you scared?
kaaya: no..
jil: because of lshtar?
kaaya: no, because you're here with me
~KYAAAAAAAAH!!!

hmm, whatever happen to the henaro bathing scene that was shown in the preview?

@GDB
lt's you who clearly isn't seeing things.
So because Kaaya says something nice, that means Jil gets no say in the matter? But you're right about one thing...

I DEMAND A HENARO BATH SCENE!
Old 2009-03-19, 17:50   Link #980
Wargumm1i
Hentai

So basically the chances for a third season just went up to 20-30% chance?
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, gonzo, rpg