5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.86%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.86%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-15, 13:22   Link #181
kitten320

Pretty much same here. While you might not like her as a person, you can't deny that she is a great character.
Old 2013-09-15, 13:42   Link #182
normp571

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateraldeath View Post
That's not the case, if you rewatch that part, she swung her hand right after turning and blew Jean's hood off, AFTER confirming who he was then she moved on to smacking the shit out of Armin's horse (My favorite scene from the ep).
I rematches that part and realized what you are talking about she used her arm to generate enough force to blow Jean's hood off. Then, she realized his identity. Armin is incredibly intelligent as he realized that she was heading towards Eren. Thus, he knew if he said to "avenge the death-seeker" (Eren's nickname) and something else along the lines of "he was in the right flank which she totally wiped out" then she would hesitate. She would have thought that she killed Eren. In that time Jean was able to remove himself from her.
normp571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 13:58   Link #183
Harangue
The Little Monster

I find Annie strangely cute when she smiles. I don't know why.

Also, so was this whole thing an orchestrated attempt to capture the female Titan, or was this a surprise attack by the Survey Corps in a last ditch effort to save Eren?

Either way, I'm guessing after Eren saves the town from Annie, people will be a bit more accepting of him as a hero.

Anyone who didn't see Annie being the FT coming isn't paying attention to any clues whatsoever. I guessed who the armored Titan was as soon as I found out humans could become Titans. Got a pretty good idea between three separate people who the Behemoth is, too.

Last edited by Harangue; 2013-09-15 at 14:10.
Harangue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 14:00   Link #184
Harangue
The Little Monster

Stop giving little winks and nudges to people who haven't read the manga. You're not cool or mysterious because you read it, it's just annoying when you flaunt it, and it somewhat spoils the surprise for the anime viewers no matter how small it is.

Last edited by monir; 2013-09-16 at 00:49. Reason: Don't quote spoiler or hints. You are only spreading it.
Harangue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 14:12   Link #185
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harangue View Post
I find Annie strangely cute when she smiles. I don't know why.

Also, so was this whole thing an orchestrated attempt to capture the female Titan, or was this a surprise attack by the Survey Corps in a last ditch effort to save Eren?
Obviously a trap. All those guys were ready to fight Annie and try to keep her from transforming, and there would be no reason for them to be there if they didn't suspect Annie.

In fact, there would have been very good reasons not to evacuate the civilians if what they were trying to do was cover Eren's tracks.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 14:12   Link #186
Byakou

It was painfully obvious it was Annie. The hair colour, the haircut, lack of reason to join the MP. If was a secret double agent I would want to join the MP too, be close to the king so I could cut his head. Even the look on her titan's face was similar. All she needed was a giant hair clip and she'd be pretty much the same :P

And that blush. That blush was terrifying. Annie kinda looks like a good person though, she helped the guy getting beaten up, she cried when she lost Eren. But the crazy blush and laugh makes me question she is a good person at all. Although from the mini flashback and what she said, maybe she cried before because she had "failed" as a warrior.

Not much else to say, another week to wait ._.
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 14:43   Link #187
JamJackEvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harangue View Post
Stop giving little winks and nudges to people who haven't read the manga. You're not cool or mysterious because you read it, it's just annoying when you flaunt it, and it somewhat spoils the surprise for the anime viewers no matter how small it is.
I wasn't trying to be cool or mysterious. Just putting out my opinion on the matter. Never thought it'd be interpreted in that way, though, so I'm sorry for any offense made.
JamJackEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 14:49   Link #188
lateraldeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Images
This is how we roll.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

He's a strange case: A bit chunky for a Recon Corps soldier, a bit spry for a civilian. And maybe he's a she.
This is the part I never quite understood, are those guys really civilians? cause those are some brave civilians. I can't imagine civilian do these dangerous things if there are soldiers around. And like wise if those are soldiers, why disguise? there's no point to it.
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 15:05   Link #189
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
This is the part I never quite understood, are those guys really civilians? cause those are some brave civilians. I can't imagine civilian do these dangerous things if there are soldiers around. And like wise if those are soldiers, why disguise? there's no point to it.
Obviously Recon Corp guys under cover. Why disguise? Well, it would be odd for Annie if she saw a bunch of people in Recon Corp gear just standing around...same with not seeing anyone for miles. Annie already found it strange that nobody was around when they got to the tunnel entrance, imagine if nobody was around the whole time they were together (and real civilians couldn't be there since it was dangerous, thus why they were evacuated).
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 15:10   Link #190
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
There are those who were surprised but I honestly have no idea why.

1) Blonde hair and blue eyes
2) Nose
3) Annie is the only chara not present on this mission
4) She recognized Armin what means it is not a random new character
5) Part of the army
6) Good at hand to hand combat
True and then it was either Annie or Christa (girl, blonde, blue eyes ...) but I think it was done on purpose to show us alot Christa before the forest ... I think
Old 2013-09-15, 15:13   Link #191
kitten320

Ok, apparently that was original manga design for Annie's scene that Isayama regrets for not including:
Spoiler for space:

Looks like OOC Annie was not OOc after all this episode. Heck, she is even crying in the sketch!

"She’s feeling relief/release from the need to keep lying.

And becoming a normal sixteen year old girl.

The guilt, loneliness, and fear."

So yeh...
Old 2013-09-15, 15:19   Link #192
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
And like wise if those are soldiers, why disguise? there's no point to it.
The Female Titan capture operation seems to be taking place without the knowledge of the MPs, so having a large number of extra soldiers wandering around would have looked suspicious—can't disguise in MP uniforms without the risk of being detected as an impostor, can't walk around in RC uniforms because they would be out of place.

[Edit: I see that this part was covered while I was getting caps and writing my own post.]

That said, is this shot an animation goof?

Since they're wearing Recon Corps capes, but the ground team...

...and the parkour overweight jumping team...

Images
This is how we roll.

...are wearing civilian clothes?

Either the Recon Corps team on the roof is a backup team for the ground team and the fat parkour roof team, put there in case Annie managed to transform (though in that case it ruins the surprise for next week when they'll presumably have to fight her anyway), or the art got messed up somehow and the people in RC uniforms are actually part of the other two teams.

Also,

Eren's referring to training, but this is hilarious in hindsight considering what he didn't see involving Yo-Yo Guy.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 16:40   Link #193
Hmm....

I believe those under cover were tailing them from the beginning, while uniform ones were lying in wait at designated spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Ok, apparently that was original manga design for Annie's scene that Isayama regrets for not including:
Spoiler for space:

Looks like OOC Annie was not OOc after all this episode. Heck, she is even crying in the sketch!

"She’s feeling relief/release from the need to keep lying.

And becoming a normal sixteen year old girl.

The guilt, loneliness, and fear."

So yeh...
wow, so that was planned by Author himself ?
Original Annie doesn't look sexually arouse though
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 17:06   Link #194
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parchevich View Post
I liked Levi's squad and the bald horse guy, but I don't feel any need to hate Annie because she killed them. She's an awesome, complex character and I'm half rooting for her just so I can find what the hell she wants Eren for.

She clearly feels some remorse, guilt and self-contempt, and she's fond of some people (Eren & Armin for sure), and at the same time can act really ruthlessly (she's the same person who swung around a soldier by his wire for funsies). She's smart, well-prepared, and reserved, and yet she has maniacal laughing fits and says some dangerously revealing things ("I can't even pretend to be stupid enough to play soldier in this insane world"). Oh, and she has an unusual character design, and I love that after all the moe blobs I've been subjected to.
When has she shown remorse and self-contempt? She brutally murdered a lot of people and directly caused the deaths of countless others via baiting Titans into the scouting formation. If she had killed corrupt MPs like those guys at the docks, who only care about themselves while humanity is on the brink of annihilation, I could kind of understand rooting for her. However, all of Annie's victims happened to be the good guys, the ones actually dying en-masse just to keep hope alive for people.
Old 2013-09-15, 17:24   Link #195
moncikoma

There seems to be a plot hole in this ep

Why dont just snipe or shoot annie with tranquilizer ...case closed..

Quote:
The only time I feel she felt remorse is when she said "I'm sorry" when everyone was trying to pickup bodies in Trost. I assume she meant it being killing Marco.

No its not saying sorry to marco...
It was meant for the black hair, twin tail girl (with eren squad) who lost her head
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 17:24   Link #196
lateraldeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
When has she shown remorse and self-contempt? She brutally murdered a lot of people and directly caused the deaths of countless others via baiting Titans into the scouting formation. If she had killed corrupt MPs like those guys at the docks, who only care about themselves while humanity is on the brink of annihilation, I could kind of understand rooting for her. However, all of Annie's victims happened to be the good guys, the ones actually dying en-masse just to keep hope alive for people.
The only time I believe she felt remorse is when she said "I'm sorry" when everyone was trying to pickup bodies in Trost. I assume she meant it being killing Marco.

Quote:
The Female Titan capture operation seems to be taking place without the knowledge of the MPs, so having a large number of extra soldiers wandering around would have looked suspicious—can't disguise in MP uniforms without the risk of being detected as an impostor, can't walk around in RC uniforms because they would be out of place.
I actually meant it as in no point in the Recon Corp being in disguise. Armin doesn't really have access to the MP anyhow, if he suspected Annie and told people in charge enough for a plan, there's no way he'd have told the MP cause that info might be leaked to her, he would have just told Erwin and it would have been a Recon Corp focused operation. Also the recon corp hiding for an ambush is in the manga so it's not a mistake. It's just... unexplained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncikoma View Post
There seems to be a plot hole in this ep

Why dont just snipe or shoot annie with tranquilizer ...case closed..
You are assuming Traqs. existed in their world, which given their technology comparable to our world, it didn't exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Obviously Recon Corp guys under cover. Why disguise? Well, it would be odd for Annie if she saw a bunch of people in Recon Corp gear just standing around...same with not seeing anyone for miles. Annie already found it strange that nobody was around when they got to the tunnel entrance, imagine if nobody was around the whole time they were together (and real civilians couldn't be there since it was dangerous, thus why they were evacuated).
If it's disguise, then i'd assume they can just have people walk around and set up shops around the entrance as opposed to everyone hiding and making it suspicious. But you know on second thought, like someone else said, the whole running from 100M away towards her was an anime addition. The purpose of trying to stopping her from transforming was accomplished either way, I guess it's more believable to assume those (including the fat guy) are recon corps.

Last edited by lateraldeath; 2013-09-15 at 17:35.
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 17:29   Link #197
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Images
This is how we roll.

He's a strange case: A bit chunky for a Recon Corps soldier, a bit spry for a civilian. And maybe he's a she.
Don't you guys knew that CIA also exist in SnK? That's obviously an undercover agent....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 17:40   Link #198
Hmm....

Quote:
No its not saying sorry to marco...
It was meant for the black hair, twin tail girl (with eren squad) who lost her head
How do you know it's Mina ?(she has a name !!!!)
And how do you know she only lost her head ? I would assume that cute titan would swallow her whole after biting her head
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 17:45   Link #199
moncikoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm.... View Post
How do you know it's Mina ?(she has a name !!!!)
And how do you know she only lost her head ? I would assume that cute titan would swallow her whole after biting her head
From wikipedia...hehe, some one told me also..

Annie and mina were friends...

. She was caught by another titan and her head was bitten off. Annie later found a body similar to Mina during Post-Trost battle cleanup, but since the body's face is mauled beyond recognition, no one knows if it is really her.
TriviaEdit
Mina and Annie shared a table when feasting during the training flashback, implying the two were close friends despite Annie's isolative, exclusionary personality. (Other examples of the table sharings include Ymir & Christa, Jean & Marco or Mikasa, Eren, and Armin.)

At least my fav female minor chara still alive T^T
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 18:12   Link #200
Kiltias

Quote:

. She was caught by another titan and her head was bitten off. Annie later found a body similar to Mina during Post-Trost battle cleanup, but since the body's face is mauled beyond recognition, no one knows if it is really her.
TriviaEdit
Mina and Annie shared a table when feasting during the training flashback, implying the two were close friends despite Annie's isolative, exclusionary personality. (Other examples of the table sharings include Ymir & Christa, Jean & Marco or Mikasa, Eren, and Armin.)

At least my fav female minor chara still alive T^T
It's more obvious in the Manga with the head seeing that the last thing we see of Carolina is her head being within Moe Titans mouth from which blood was streaming while as said, the Corpse's Head had a major chunk bitten out and not to forget, pig tails.
Spoiler for Carolina:

At any rate, that clearly is not Marco and clearly she does not mean him seeing she is standing next to a corpse looking at it.

Quote:
I would assume that cute titan would swallow her whole after biting her head
Nah.Hence Franz or Ian.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
the reveal