AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-09-23, 21:12   Link #1541
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Maybe it because that there not a lots of human left so they have to lower the recruitment age?
Old 2013-09-23, 21:33   Link #1542
peskylemur25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Maybe it because that there not a lots of human left so they have to lower the recruitment age?
Hmm or the titan power can over be used by children/age limit. Hey all that biting and blood must take a toll on the body.
peskylemur25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 22:09   Link #1543
Subarunyon
Yui is mai waifu <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateraldeath View Post
lol lets be realisitic here. The reason is because it's an shounen anime targetting teens. Whatever other reason they come up with is simply compensating to this fact, and likely loophole filled to an extent. I doubt even Isayama can convince me fully why teens were used.
Only children born after the titan impact can synchronize with a Titan.

In Eren's case though, his Titan form is contains the soul of his previously-thought-dead mo..... wait, wrong show.
Subarunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 22:41   Link #1544
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Or maybe because teenagers are lighter and more agile so they are quicker w/ the 3D gear. As I recall, Levi is lightning fast and he's pretty small. Of course, skill is part of the equation too.
Old 2013-09-23, 22:55   Link #1545
lateraldeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
This one:

Images
Backstory
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Dude... holyshit... I can't believe I never payed attention to this but the "to be continued" background image in the anime is exactly part of the image you shown here.. *mind = blown"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subarunyon View Post
Only children born after the titan impact can synchronize with a Titan.

In Eren's case though, his Titan form is contains the soul of his previously-thought-dead mo..... wait, wrong show.
Please, no more, anymore comparisons with Eva, and I think I just might kill myself :P
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 03:35   Link #1546
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by peskylemur25 View Post
Well u do know that people do use children solider in the past. But yeah teen power is really good for tv.
Some countries and insurgent groups still use child soldiers.

With BRA there is a clear intention for them to be sleeper agents. The fact that they joined the military means someone knew the organization within the walls.

Their mission is to get whoever or whatever this Coordinate is.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 10:28   Link #1547
peskylemur25

So the series will end with 20 volumes and maybe around 80 chapter. So do you think we will even see RNA village? And the series will end around 2016?

I was hoping for more chapter but I guess if the author want to end it the way he want is good to.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-in-20-volumes
Old 2013-09-26, 10:54   Link #1548
lateraldeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by peskylemur25 View Post
So the series will end with 20 volumes and maybe around 80 chapter. So do you think we will even see RNA village? And the series will end around 2016?

I was hoping for more chapter but I guess if the author want to end it the way he want is good to.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-in-20-volumes
hm.... so only 31 chapters left? considering all the mysteries out there and the fact it took 31 chapters to cover just 2 arcs. The pacing will have to be sped up by a ton if this is the case.

I wonder if he felt pressured to finish so the anime can make a second season on 2016.
Old 2013-09-26, 10:59   Link #1549
haru_san
owns them all

awww i hoped for 200 chapters at least =[
haru_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 11:09   Link #1550
JamJackEvo

One never knows. I've made my own personal pledges about ending my stories at either [amount] words or [amount] chapters, and—surprise! surprise!—I ended up elongating it a lot more than I imagined, sometimes what should've been 100k words turned into a massive monster I predict to cover over 500k words. Pacing is my problem, and with slow pacing comes more content that needs to be filled as events progress. With the pacing of the story itself, I have high doubts that Isayama-sensei will make good on that "20 volumes" promise.

Well, it's probably just me putting irrelevant evidence to justify that we'll be getting more chapters than what Isayama-sensei promised. I hope against hope. I really do.
JamJackEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 11:24   Link #1551
kitten320

200 chapters for monthly manga? That would take like another 15 years! Nah ah, I'll pass.

80 sounds pretty reasonable, maximum around 100 like FMA.
Old 2013-09-26, 11:29   Link #1552
haru_san
owns them all

it make sense if he write the story and make someone else draw =P
Old 2013-09-26, 11:56   Link #1553
lateraldeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJackEvo View Post
One never knows. I've made my own personal pledges about ending my stories at either [amount] words or [amount] chapters, and—surprise! surprise!—I ended up elongating it a lot more than I imagined, sometimes what should've been 100k words turned into a massive monster I predict to cover over 500k words. Pacing is my problem, and with slow pacing comes more content that needs to be filled as events progress. With the pacing of the story itself, I have high doubts that Isayama-sensei will make good on that "20 volumes" promise.

Well, it's probably just me putting irrelevant evidence to justify that we'll be getting more chapters than what Isayama-sensei promised. I hope against hope. I really do.
well, unless it's a translation error, ANN did say "he aims" which means it can be easily subject to change like your example :P. I wouldn't want 200 chapters either, but i think 110-120 is where I'd want it.
Old 2013-09-26, 13:17   Link #1554
peskylemur25

Quote:
Originally Posted by haru_san View Post
it make sense if he write the story and make someone else draw =P
Yes someone please do.

Quote:
awww i hoped for 200 chapters at least =[
I was hoping he get his manga to become weekly release then 200 doesn't sound to hard to reach and the fans wouldn't be impatient because of the month long wait. And a month long wait make people mad when it a set up chapter but with week long we can just wait for the next week for the action or mystery solution etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJackEvo View Post

Yeah I hope so to but in one of his interview he said he had the story all plan out. So some one near him better tell him it better to extend the manga to make more money. Monthly 120 chapter or weekly 299 chapters yes greed is good please

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
200 chapters for monthly manga? That would take like another 15 years! Nah ah, I'll pass.

80 sounds pretty reasonable, maximum around 100 like FMA.
100 is the minimum that I want but isn't each volume 4-5 chapter. So 50 is in volume 12 hmm it might be a 100 but I just don't think he be able to show us everything in 100 or is he going to leave some mystery unresolved ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lateraldeath View Post
well, unless it's a translation error, ANN did say "he aims" which means it can be easily subject to change like your example :P. I wouldn't want 200 chapters either, but i think 110-120 is where I'd want it.
Yes email him and tell him this!!!
Old 2013-09-26, 13:48   Link #1555
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Of course we shouldn't take 20 volumes at a face value, not even Isayama can predict that with certainty unless he has already all the storyboard completed. However it probably won't be too much farther from that number.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 13:56   Link #1556
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
200 chapters? Weekly manga? No thanks, I'm not looking to read Bleach, One Piece or Naruto, where it ends up becoming, This is the story that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started reading it not knowing what it was and they'll continue reading it forever just because... repeat loop. 80-100 chapters I can live with that.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 15:03   Link #1557
haru_san
owns them all

maybe im just used to long mangas like magi and fairy tail that why i think 100 is short lol
Old 2013-09-26, 17:22   Link #1558
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
maybe im just used to long mangas like magi and fairy tail that why i think 100 is short lol
But mangas like Fairy Tail and similar Shonen jumo series are weekly . Shingeki no Kyojin is montly (and therefore has more pages than the average chapter of a weekly manga), so the pace's kinda different - but even so a monthly chapter of about 40-50 pages is worth about as much as that many chapters of a weekly shonen series . I mean, if SnK was weekly instead, we'd be somewhere between 200-300 chapters by now, but with the plot in about the same place...

Well, doesn't matter to me how many chapters he settles for as long as he wraps it all up satisfactorily. That's what I'm a little worried about; if he aims for around 80 chapters, we should be a little more than halfway through the story now, yet so much remains unexplained, and there's so much our heroes have to do...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 17:37   Link #1559
kitten320

Well if nothing drastic happens, this arc should be done soon with Reiner/Bert most likely staying alive and planning counter attack/save Annie operation.

And if Connie doesn't lose Christa, we should be getting info on the walls soon

Right now it is important to keep Christa so we could get the info.

After that we most likely will go back to Annie who might be finally extracted from the crystal and from there we should get info on the village.
OR
They finally manage to get to basement.

Christa is the current source of information that needs to be kept.
Old 2013-09-26, 17:51   Link #1560
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Well if nothing drastic happens, this arc should be done soon with Reiner/Bert most likely staying alive and planning counter attack/save Annie operation.
Yeah, with the (partially false) information Armin gave them, the stage's being set for the Survey Corps next confrontation with R & B.

Quote:
And if Connie doesn't lose Christa, we should be getting info on the walls soon .
Right now it is important to keep Christa so we could get the info.[/QUOTE]

And there's Ymir as well. So yes, hopefully, we'll get some answers at long last... I'm a bit tired of Isayama dangling this fact in front of us >_<

Quote:
After that we most likely will go back to Annie who might be finally extracted from the crystal and from there we should get info on the village.
OR They finally manage to get to basement.
Hard to say, but the basement and/or Annie should indeed be among the last pieces of information we get. Historia can (hopefully) tell us some stuff about the wall, Ymir possibly something about the origin of titans, RBA has information on the Titan Shifter faction and possibly on the Monkey Titan and then the basement should hold some of the last pieces of information (after that, it's likely that whatever pieces of the puzzle remains would be in possession of either the monkey titan himself and/or the Wall Cultist and/or even the King.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote