AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-15, 19:35   Link #641
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Since L-elf, Haruto and Saki all going to Earth, I feel like Shoko won't get any screen-time, maybe a couple of reference to her and the Module but I really feel like she won't really be much relevant to the main plot. I'm saying this because I'm just starting liking Shoko when she drop that genki-girl attitude and start being serious.
I have a feeling they'll get Shoko in here somehow. My money is on the hostage theory. She has no main characters to act against while still in the module, so I think they'll somehow have to move her from off the moon. And the only way to do that is against her own will. It's a shame Shoko's the only one who is still in the dark about the Valvraves and Haruto, Saki, and the other's change of species. They've left her so blissfully ignorant of everything. Someone's going to take advantage of that. I don't know who, but I have a feeling that Shoko's going to find out about everything and in the worst way.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2013-10-15 at 20:26.
Old 2013-10-15, 19:50   Link #642
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

If that's the case then I could see Haruto and L-Elf getting into it over what they should do. Haruto would probably rush back to save her, while L-Elf would prefer they focus on the mission.

But at the same time Shoko is a valuable piece on the board to him. She's the Prime Minister. Plus he knows that she's important to Haruto. L-Elf even called her Haruto's woman. So I could see the Earth team being split half stay focused on the mission, and the other half be a hostage rescue team.
Old 2013-10-15, 20:18   Link #643
erika4dsl

Yeah I don't think Shoko is going to be sidelined and spending the next few episodes in meetings and reading books. Kidnapping is the perfect choice for her character. This is a chance for her learn about the valvrave curse, meet Lisolette, learn about the Magius, get to know the Dorssian soldiers blah blah blah lol.
Old 2013-10-15, 20:19   Link #644
Fjoergyn

Shoko can not be taken prisoner, that would be stupid and prevents the progress of your character in the story. I think the best of Shoko just beginning, do not think his character is going to do and less neglected now that's a leader. Hopefully not run with the same fate as Cagalli in GSD
Old 2013-10-15, 20:31   Link #645
erika4dsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
Shoko can not be taken prisoner, that would be stupid and prevents the progress of your character in the story. I think the best of Shoko just beginning, do not think his character is going to do and less neglected now that's a leader. Hopefully not run with the same fate as Cagalli in GSD
I don't think it's stupid, I think it's silly that her prime minister character up until now still doesn't know about the reality of the valvraves and with most of the cast off to Earth it'll only prolong her ignorance. Shoko getting kidnapped and being held hostage could be a set up for a dramatic reveal about the valvraves true nature and it's also a good chance to introduce Lisolette's character. The information she learns could help her become a better prime minister.
Old 2013-10-15, 20:31   Link #646
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
If that's the case then I could see Haruto and L-Elf getting into it over what they should do. Haruto would probably rush back to save her, while L-Elf would prefer they focus on the mission.

But at the same time Shoko is a valuable piece on the board to him. She's the Prime Minister. Plus he knows that she's important to Haruto. L-Elf even called her Haruto's woman. So I could see the Earth team being split half stay focused on the mission, and the other half be a hostage rescue team.
We heard Haruto say in preview "If I don't fight, Shoko and everyone will. . .". We have yet to see what happens that causes him to say that, but odds are the module gets attacked while they are away. As you mentioned, Haruto may want to go back immediately, and L-elf wants to keep the mission as focus, probably because that's all they can do. If they headed straight back to the moon, they are probably going to be too late, and L-elf will point that out if true. Haruto as a result may take independent action causing everyone else to be at risk and consequences are assured. Really, I can only see this kind of thing happening near the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erika4dsl View Post
I don't think it's stupid, I think it's silly that her prime minister character up until now still doesn't know about the reality of the valvraves and with most of the cast off to Earth it'll only prolong her ignorance. Shoko getting kidnapped and being held hostage could be a set up for a dramatic reveal about the valvraves true nature and it's also a good chance to introduce Lisolette's character. The information she learns could help her become a better prime minister.
But still, how is her getting abducted going to give her the chance to know, unless it is a Magius that kidnaps her, and why would one do that, when it's been made clear that they stay out of human affairs?
Old 2013-10-15, 20:31   Link #647
Irenesharda

Quote:
We cannot see the progress of her character if she's not with the other MCs. The only thing she's going to be doing in the module is reading about international law and politics and going to meetings where the ARUS may or may not report to her what they're doing with Neo JIOR. She has nothing plotwise to do there. There needs to be a way that she can get back to interacting with the rest of the main characters. Since it would be irresponsible for her to leave the module or do anything of interest for that matter, they are going to have to resort to hostage situation, kidnapping, political prisoner, something in that vein. If not, Shoko's going to be pushed back to supporting character status.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2013-10-15 at 20:47.
Old 2013-10-15, 20:43   Link #648
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:

You're confusing stupid with "cliche." Shoko finding out the truth after being kidnapped would be a cliche move. Its very common in media nowadays. But it certainly isn't stupid. It'd make for some reasonable plot progression.

Eg. Lisolette could make her debut, & Shoko could be her "roomate," thus cementing a friendship, in the aftermath when N Jior becomes the third galactic reich, most likely L-Elf will have brought revolution to Dorssia & the monarch may be reestablished. That friendship could pave the way for good relations between N Jior & Dorssia.

It'll also be good for the EruShoko ship, we'll have Liso talking about that encounter all those years ago with her "roomate" & Shoko realizes its L-Elf, etc...

We could also see how life in Dorssia is, Shoko's arc of the story could be her observing how different Dorssian life is from Jior.

So kidnapping could contribute a lot to the plot & would be a huge driving factor/motivation for Haruto &/or L-Elf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
But still, how is her getting abducted going to give her the chance to know, unless it is a Magius that kidnaps her, and why would one do that, when it's been made clear that they stay out of human affairs?
Right now, a Magius is the chancellor of Dorssia & another has been a sleeper agent for 10 years. I wouldn't exactly call that "staying out of human affairs."
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-10-15, 21:09   Link #649
Divino

Spoiler for my theory:
Old 2013-10-15, 21:22   Link #650
Kurohane

^ Wasn't the "Choose the next pilot" the modified line of "A new pilot will be selected" in the first episode of the second season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Right now, a Magius is the chancellor of Dorssia & another has been a sleeper agent for 10 years. I wouldn't exactly call that "staying out of human affairs."
True, but the sleeper agent was put in to keep tabs on the chancellor in case he went against the Magius conditons he must have agreed to inorder to be in their circle. Having gone against those rules, they were forced to take drastic measures. Who says there isn't an ARUS personnel with the exact same job as Cain?
Old 2013-10-15, 21:53   Link #651
Irenesharda

Quote:

True, but the sleeper agent was put in to keep tabs on the chancellor in case he went against the Magius conditons he must have agreed to inorder to be in their circle. Having gone against those rules, they were forced to take drastic measures. Who says there isn't an ARUS personnel with the exact same job as Cain?
There probably are, which is probably why the Valvraves weren't developed in either of those countries, since both leaders know that any one could be a Magius.

I think it would be more accurate to say that the Magius stay out of human affairs unless it's convenient for them. They are not some no-contact alien watchers who only observe but don't interfere. They are obviously in control and actively keeping the human nations in line. Now the humans want to kill each other in war, that's their prerogative, as long as it doesn't mess with any of the Magius' plans or initiatives.

The Magius might abduct Shoko, since as a nation leader now, she needs to understand how things go in the political underworld (The Magius lead, you follow), also they could just as easily use her as leverage against Haruto to return Pino to them if they find out the nature of the relationship between Haruto and Shoko. Another possibility is that they could also attempt to use her to control Haruto should he and the other pilots not cooperate with them. There's a number of ways they could use Shoko, if and when they find out her importance beyond "upstart teenage girl that decided to make her own country out of a tiny module".

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-15, 21:58   Link #652
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

If Haruto have to choose between Shoko and Saki, it quite obvious who, after all we do know that one is still alive after 200 years and still kicking ass. I think Shoko should remain ignorance of the whole Magius and Valvrave thing, so when the time is right it can be used as a conflict between her and Haruto. Whatever Haruto is trying to accomplished, Shoko opposed since she doesn't know the whole story.
Old 2013-10-15, 22:08   Link #653
Destined_Fate

Shoko cannot remain ignorant forever as the stakes are raised. It wouldn't be right and would be especially cruel as she wont know why Haruto is becoming what he is. As things get worse I can see L-Elf revealing things to her when she absolutely must know which may earn him the ire of Haruto as he wanted to protect her from the truth.

A kidnapping of Shoko would give character development to...

Shoko
Kidnapper(If Shoko can cause L-Elf to change than she can at least make her kidnapper feel guilty!)
Princess(No way a kidnapped Shoko wouldn't eventually meet her)
Haruto
L-Elf
Saki
Akira
Marie

Divino -

I like the idea that both Saki and Shoko get kidnapped and Haruto has to choose who to save. I can see him picking Saki(As L-Elf sure as heck wont pick Saki over Shoko. Saki can be replaced with another candidate, Shoko cannot be replaced) and L-Elf being entrusted by Haruto to bring Shoko back. By doing so Haruto will meet the rest of the Magius and Cain while he's saving Saki while L-Elf will meet the Princess and his former allies while he's saving Shoko.
Old 2013-10-15, 22:16   Link #654
Kurohane

^ Right now only Saki is hinted of being taken, I understand Shoko being abducted will be an interesting plot point, but is unlikely to happen. Remember we have 11 episodes left of this season, not exactly enough time to support an plot point like this, unless it is at the end and leaves as a cliffhanger, but Saki is more likely to be in that role than Shoko since as I mentioned before, that outcome was hinted at.
Old 2013-10-15, 22:25   Link #655
Destined_Fate

They have plenty of time if they do it early enough. Saki taken at earth, after Cain beats them all up, while on the moon Shoko is taken by someone(A-Drei?) else. When they regroup they have to decide who to save. Since they still have the broken Saki Valvrave it means that L-Elf would see saving Saki as pointless as she can be replaced. Thus he'll go for saving Shoko as a Prime Minister cannot be replaced so easily and he heavily relies upon her charisma to keep everyone in line. Haruto will want to save both, L-Elf can than give a speech about not being able to have it both ways.

Haruto than decides to save Saki despite L-Elf's protests. L-Elf though at least helps him get on his way while he personally infiltrates the Empire to go save Shoko as he's the only one that can do it(Or he'll use Akira as back up due to her unique ability for their initial break in and escape). Since Saki is taken by the Magius and thus Cain I can see the other Valvrave's sent to back up Haruto as they wouldn't be needed for a super soldier infiltration mission other than maybe Akira helping.

As for the time skip stuff... I don't think we'll ever get any real info on that. They may wait for a proper second season or use manga stuff. As really, a 11 episodes isn't really enough to do both in my eyes without rushing things way too fast. It's already pressing it with just doing 11 more episodes in the present for them.

Not to mention there's still the King's faction too to deal with.
Old 2013-10-15, 22:32   Link #656
~BC~

Quote:
We heard Haruto say in preview "If I don't fight, Shoko and everyone will. . .". We have yet to see what happens that causes him to say that, but odds are the module gets attacked while they are away.
Or he's simply saying this line to steel himself for some unpleasant task. Remember all the brouha people made over the "die...me?" line and how that actually played out in ep 13.

I'm thinking either this reconnaissance mission is going to be short or Shoko is going to be the POV character for things going on with politics (which will ultimately lead to the Magius business). Also iirc, one of the summer magazines mentioned there was something odd about the Residential district of the Moon. Vampires typically being creatures of the night, it'd hardly be surprising if the Moon has a town full of them.

Not to mention the possibilities of what would happen if Ryuuj's involvement in the Valrave project got out.
Old 2013-10-15, 22:54   Link #657
Kurohane

^ True, he may start having reservations of taking lives,or the fact he is essentially killing L-elf by refueling the valvraves. This could just be another of his inner convictions as you said. Even I doubt the module would get attacked while the Valvraves are away, but it still is a possibility. No doubt Ryuuji's involvment will be revealed. If the "parents' stigma carried over to the child" can be done with Haruto, Shoko is even more likely.
Old 2013-10-16, 06:18   Link #658
Destined_Fate

If the parents sins are passed on to the child than wouldn't that cause issues between Haruto and Shoko? Haruto has his own things to deal with, I don't think he will be seeing Shoko enough to pay attention to the things she may be forced to deal with or he'll ignore it as he's too focused on his curse. Than if/when she finds out the full truth wouldn't she also feel guilty, like Haruto already does, and push herself to interact with him less because what happened to him would in turn be passed down as her own fault because her father was in on the project too and he's now dead?
Old 2013-10-16, 06:34   Link #659
Key Board
Carbon

Everyone seems to have their own theory, so I'll join the bandwagon and repost this

there are two fronts of battle
on the political front it will be NewJior vs Arus
after all Jior is proxy Japan and ARUS is proxy America
this is an allegory of USA being a dominating old brother to Japan (which many Japanese believe)

on the military front it will be NewJior vs Dorsia
proxy Imperial Japan vs proxy Tzar Russia

In the end ARUS will probably ally.. no.. follow Jior's lead.
Because Dorsia will be completely taken over by Magius and ARUS will see what's going to happen next if they don't stop this

To counter Dorsia's increasing influence and protect their own country, I expect ARUS to develop some kind of rune based Nuke/WMD. Of course Jior won't know anything about this.

and of course, this will predictably only make things worse, because anime has decided that Nuke/WMDs are baaaad
WMD will probably end doing damage to the module. Faced with this, they become more extremist to survive.

I think that's where NewJior stops and ThirdGalacticEmpire begins
This starts a philosophical conflict between Shoko (She's pro parliamentary democracy) and extremist factions
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-10-16, 12:43   Link #660
vanca

Smile

Good discussion. Dunno why but I get an impression that Dorssian boys wear casual clothes in eps 14 preview it's for visiting Moon.

I agree with the opinion that says Shoko will be a new POV. The story will probably be divided into 2 sides; Haruto-L Elf will be the POV in one side & Shoko will be the POV for other side, be it on the moon or another place. Who says she can't appear when there's no other important characters with her? The important characters aren't just students, but There's still Rion & Dorssian characters.

Plus, as I've said before, the ever-careful Sunrise made cast list credit like this, so I dare say 100% Shoko will stay very important main heroine. There, I say it LOL Believe me, Sunrise cast credit lists never wrong before, not just in VVV but all their shows.

Still placed on top 3 like always, with Haruto & L Elf.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters