AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-19, 18:25   Link #681
Key Board
Carbon

It seems there might not be enough screen time for everyone, really.
Valvrave have a bit too many characters.
I did not expect a Satomi episode, but it happened.
and they're hinting a newly revealed Marie subplot.

I admit I am biased, but I'd rather have the 4 primary characters as the OP and several other materials indicate to get the lion share of the screen time.

And even if that were the case, they would still have to compete with the Dorsian boys for screen time who are also popular.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-10-19, 20:30   Link #682
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I think the approach Sunrise is taking with Valvrave is fine if this does in fact get another season beyond this current one.

But otherwise, I do think dividing up the focus between so many characters might end up hurting the core four a bit, yeah.
Old 2013-10-19, 20:41   Link #683
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I would get on the Rave-train for a 3rd time

Only problem I could think of if it got another cour would be letting certain things go on longer than they should.

But a benefit I do see from this if there is another cour would be potentially more time to explore what's going on after they establish the Neo-Jior Empire.
Old 2013-10-19, 22:09   Link #684
Dr. Casey

Wow, character threads usually just gather dust but this has gotten about 170 posts since the start of the month. That's our Shouko! She might have been written out of the show, but she'll never be written out of our hearts. ;_; I know she hasn't been written out of the show, I just thought it sounded good
Old 2013-10-19, 22:34   Link #685
erika4dsl

LOL Shoko's character thread is very active and it's still going strong, next thread would be L-Elf and I think Haruto's thread has the least amount of activity.
Old 2013-10-19, 22:53   Link #686
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

This reason why this thread is active is mostly primary because of the off topic posts by me and many others~
Old 2013-10-20, 01:03   Link #687
Key Board
Carbon

we have a lot of threads. Whenever I have new info, I'm not sure whether to put it in generals, spoilers, character or mecha threads. And now we have a new magius thread.

I'd say, just roll with whatever your mood feels like.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-10-20, 01:04   Link #688
amethystjewel

Not to mention the fact that she's a very interesting and unpredictable character.
Old 2013-10-20, 01:09   Link #689
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Also not to mention the fact that we are being off topic again so go back to decussing Shoko. See this why this thread is so active!
Old 2013-10-20, 01:33   Link #690
erika4dsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
we have a lot of threads. Whenever I have new info, I'm not sure whether to put it in generals, spoilers, character or mecha threads. And now we have a new magius thread.

I'd say, just roll with whatever your mood feels like.
Totally agree just roll with it ... unless it's a spoiler.
Old 2013-10-21, 06:05   Link #691
shiyuki
Ever Learning

I usually post new info here... seldom visit the other threads lol

I think Shoko will get more exposure when the secret of VVV pilots and the relationship between Haruto and Saki are revealed to her.
Just hope it will be done sooner...
Marie has already noticed Haruto's wound getting healed, and L-Elf will probably stop or threaten her from disclosing the secret. (though I have no idea why he didn't tell Shoko...)

Having one more season is great for full development of the story and characters, but I fear the staff will redundant elements and the whole story will be too dragging.
Old 2013-10-22, 07:20   Link #692
amethystjewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiyuki View Post
I usually post new info here... seldom visit the other threads lol

I think Shoko will get more exposure when the secret of VVV pilots and the relationship between Haruto and Saki are revealed to her.
Just hope it will be done sooner...
Marie has already noticed Haruto's wound getting healed, and L-Elf will probably stop or threaten her from disclosing the secret. (though I have no idea why he didn't tell Shoko...)

Having one more season is great for full development of the story and characters, but I fear the staff will redundant elements and the whole story will be too dragging.
Once Shoko learned the truth, the drama between the MCs will rise again. And the one who's going to get hurt the most is Shoko. Geez, it looks like she has been a punching bag. I'm also interested on Haruto's reaction when that happens. I mean, among all the characters, Shoko is probably the only person he wanted to not know about the VVV because that would be his way to protect her which could also mean that would be his greatest fault too.
Old 2013-10-22, 08:55   Link #693
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by amethystjewel View Post
Once Shoko learned the truth, the drama between the MCs will rise again. And the one who's going to get hurt the most is Shoko. Geez, it looks like she has been a punching bag. I'm also interested on Haruto's reaction when that happens. I mean, among all the characters, Shoko is probably the only person he wanted to not know about the VVV because that would be his way to protect her which could also mean that would be his greatest fault too.
Well, to be fair, we take for granted that we know Haruto's secret, or the secret of the Valvraves. There's actually not that many who do know. L-elf knows, the rest of the pilots do to a degree, Takumi-sensei knows, A-drei suspects, H-neun suspects Cain but doesn't know about the connection to the Valvraves, Cain knows, the rest of the Magius know, and whatever powers that be involved in development of the Valvrave know.

So, in reality, it's not that many people. I think we might be having the side characters start to figure it out, starting with Marie, and finally culminating to Shoko finding out. However, Shoko does have the distinction of being the only main character who doesn't know the secret, and it will hurt that Haruto not only kept this all from her, but also that so many others knew before her.
It will probably hit her as hard as it will hit Haruto when he finds out that he was the one responsible for her father's death. And of course both will find out in the worst way, at the worst time, by the worst person who could have told them.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-24, 15:07   Link #694
Divino

Spoiler for another time-skip?:
Old 2013-10-24, 15:40   Link #695
erika4dsl

Shoko is Akira's closest friend and she cares a lot about her so the likelihood that the mini L-Elf is a descendant of Shoko is pretty good. Maybe as the series progresses we'll see more of the people in the time skip who will survive/become immortal.
Old 2013-10-24, 15:42   Link #696
Key Board
Carbon

it's been 200 years
replace "kid" with "descendant"
Old 2013-10-24, 15:44   Link #697
erika4dsl

oops yeah sorry.
Old 2013-10-24, 15:53   Link #698
Divino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
it's been 200 years
replace "kid" with "descendant"
We still don't know whether Shoko may become immortal too. Marie is no longer a pilot but she is still immortal, so we don't know if she is still alive.
Old 2013-10-24, 15:58   Link #699
Sakuratsuki

mmm, I think there is a big Possibility others also becoming immortal, Satomi being there, there is no doubt now that Shoko also becomes immortal, I think.

Because I don't see Satomi turning into a Valvrave pilot. So there are other ways to become immortal not only because you become a pilot.
Old 2013-10-24, 15:59   Link #700
erika4dsl

At this rate (assuming that Shoko becomes immortal somehow) several people actually survive. I was expecting the death toll to be everybody except Saki after season 1.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters