AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator 2 - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 27 38.03%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 36.62%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 14.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 7.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-24, 19:13   Link #81
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
It'd add a dark spin on it at least. Given the dysfunction of the Haruto/Saki relationship I could see them going there with L-Elf/Shoko. Not a fluffy romantic relationship but something that you watch with trepidation and discomfort. I'd be game (and I say this as a fan of both characters).
That might be an interesting route to take with it, yeah.
Old 2013-10-24, 19:30   Link #82
Frozt

Hi everyone! I'm a big fan of VVV and please excuse my english as it is very bad. I have just finished the episode 5 raw and to plus the debate, the prince is talking about Akira to Saki.
He is not referring to Saki as renbokouji-sama, but to Akira. From my view, I believe it is because Satomi loves his sister so much that he wants all to respect her no matter what or where the situation is. I believe Satomi does this to is also to make up for the time he spent ignoring her all her childhood (refer to episode 4 to see how he promised to become a better big brother, yet he is going about it the wrong way), so he made a vow to himself to always treat her with the utmost respect.
Old 2013-10-24, 20:04   Link #83
mistress_kisara

Oh lots of revelations in this episode, so Marie is related to the VVVs and fuck she's immortal too! I was surprised that Satomi is still after 200 years so you don't have to worry about him dying anytime soon..
Old 2013-10-24, 20:10   Link #84
Entravity

THAT'S the VALVRAVE I know. Glad to see it's back on track with the craziness.
Old 2013-10-24, 20:13   Link #85
Divino

The prince seems to be talking about the "blessing" in a way in which implies he is not immortal yet and they are waiting for him to turn a certain age in order to give him the blessing.
This means that one of the parents was a mortal, and it could also solve the mystery as to whether or not Kamitsuki can reproduce between each other or do they need a non-immortal in order to accomplish reproduction.
Old 2013-10-24, 21:42   Link #86
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Yeah, L-Elf did the right thing. I see nothing wrong with it.

Marie wanted Haruto to start monologuing his dark past while the plan was in motion.

You know, the plan to survive...in enemy territory.
Old 2013-10-24, 21:54   Link #87
~BC~

And much like with episode 11 if the idea is to get someone to stop doing something L-Elf could've just knocked her out. This is not rocket science people.
Old 2013-10-24, 22:20   Link #88
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Lots of interesting revelations this episode. Have to give props to the series once more for pulling off that surprise at the end. In no way I expected Marie to be the first kamitsuki. I guess the next question is 'how?' And we still have yet to know Pino's origin.

The Karlstein Institute was, more or less, what I had in mind of a child soldier-training facility. In the end, I can't really blame L-elf for being so cold, with the way those children were raised. I didn't think he would actually shoot Marie though, but I guess it was needed, in that dire situation - and to reveal Marie as a kamitsuki.

I really liked the ED sequence and how it synced with the song. Plus, it almost screams 'L-elf saves the day.' Those shots of Haruto at the beginning and Saki looked rather depressing though, wonder how will they fare in the future.
Old 2013-10-24, 22:51   Link #89
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Too much happened in this episode that can be summarized in two facts for this series:

1. Cold-blooded people intrinsically resort to violence and start shooting at everyone on sight.

2. Everyone can become kamitsuki when least expected.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-10-24, 23:20   Link #90
Key Board
Carbon

Next episode is either going to be an infodump episode
or they're going to troll us and not tell anything important
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-10-25, 00:05   Link #91
MeggieMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
And much like with episode 11 if the idea is to get someone to stop doing something L-Elf could've just knocked her out. This is not rocket science people.
I agree - I also think L Elf showed some weakness here by jumping to shooting Marie and not thinking through the consequences. I also think the person who brought up the fact Haruto didn't just tell Marie they'd talk about it later, instead of leaving his friends, and the plan, in the lurch just to go stop and have a heart to heart with Marie also nailed down one of Haruto's issues as well (and gave me a big laugh on top of it all ). However, lets get back to L Elf.

The more I think about it the more I think L Elf has never really trusted Marie from the get go. I'm sure the first think L Elf did when he got on the station during S1 was read up on all the backgrounds of all the students. If he didn't do it then, I would think by the time of the student council election he'd have been reading up on Marie just because she was such close friends with Shoko. I would think that Marie having amnesia would probably set off a red flag for being a potential candidate for being a spy, if nothing else. Even if her records didn't mention the fact, they most likely would have been doctored up just so she couldn't figure out her past and that should have been noticeable for someone with L Elf's background. My guess is the reason he was OK with her coming with them was that she was more of a potential problem leaving her behind. If she was a deep cover counter op, she could mess things up in all sorts of different ways once he was gone. So shooting her that quickly would make a bit more sense, if that is what he was thinking. However, if he claims he knew who she was all along next episode, I'm going to seriously roll my eyes. I don't believe he knew she was Kamitsuki at all. Why waste a bullet and risk potentially pissing off an immortal, plus all the potential fall out from the Valvrave pilots and the teams, just to prove a point? I think he really just messed up here, probably due to the situation and having to deal with the memories of his childhood.

Still, I had to chuckle at L Elf's batting average in this show with shooting people at point blank range and then having them come right back to life on him
Old 2013-10-25, 00:29   Link #92
pikachuwei

FINALLY

after a relatively tame first 2 episodes of Season 2, Sunrise drags us back onto the Valvrave Hype Roller Coaster of Madness

with the force of a bullet to the brain, literally.
Old 2013-10-25, 01:10   Link #93
Irenesharda

Oh my gosh....

WHAT IS WITH VALVRAVE!!!! Every time I watch this show I get more and more blow away and by the end I'm gasping for breath at all the adrenaline this show pulls out of me. This episode was awesome, so many twists and turns, but first, I've got to calm down and handle things one at a time.

Okay...first, the flash forwards scene. How the crap is Satomi immortal too? Is EVERYONE going to become freaking Magius by the end of this? Man, if Satomi gets to be a Magius, they'd better turn L-elf into one or else!
Also we have the young prince who looks like a mix between L-11 and Haruto. Saki also talks about the first of them who was a female and became one at 11? I was thinking she was talking about Pino at first, but then Pino looks older than 11. Then as the episode played out, I began to think that they may be talking about Marie. Marie and Pino met 5 years ago, I'm guessing Marie is 16 the same as Haruto, so Marie would have been 11 at the time. Also, Marie does look physically young for her age. She's mature, but her body looks young. She might have gotten turned into an immortal then, but her mind aged and that's why she's so mature.

Then we go back to the present and we see that the team has crash landed and they have consequently landed where Karlstein Institute is located. We begin to see how and where L-elf was made and how he actually had a close relationship with his teammates when they were young. We see that L-11 plans on stealing a ship for transportation, and he stages his plan in pieces. The plan goes well even with hiccups along the way. Akira tries to conquer her phobia and goes out with Saki to infiltrate the army. Unfortunately they don't seem to grasp that the Dorssian Hitler Youth Brigade will drop you before you even have time to scream. We see Saki's immortality in action for the first time when she get's shot point blank. That was a shock to me when I saw it, even if I was expecting something bad to happen. Akira offering the hankie and then later trying out body-jacking got a few laughs from me.

However, everything goes downhill when Haruto wasn't on his post because he's being confronted by Marie. Actually, I'm not so surprised at her forwardness in trying to get answers from him. She is very protective of Shoko, and she is really suspicious of this boy that she knows her friend is interested in. Also, she might get some answers from the AI in his Valvrave that somehow knows her. So yeah, I can tell why she was being harsh with him. However, that gunshot to the head.....wow. I really didn't see it coming. I kept telling people that L-11 is no cuddly bear, he will end you if he feels you are in the way of his goals. We might be seeing some insight, but yeah, still as deadly as ever.

However, I knew she was going to get up, and I'm beginning to think Marie may be this "founder" rather than Haruto, as she's technically the first of them. The idea that Marie's memories are gone because Pino took them away as runes would make sense, but now Pino doesn't really remember everything because she was reset. I'm guessing that that gunshot might have brought them back? But if not, we have totally changed the dynamic here, with Marie now revealed as one of the Magius.

With the team under fire, the Dorssian soldiers coming after them, and Marie back from the dead, we're going to be in for a wild ride. Also we've found out that Satomi and of course Akira are alive in the wayyy future, so I'm guessing that Magius may be the norm now, or at least a major ethnicity way into the future. Humanity seems to be becoming obsolete.

I give this episode a 9.7/10. The awesomeness has come at us full force.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-25, 01:18   Link #94
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Taking memories along with Runes. The speculation that Haruto will gain access to L-Elf's memories seems much more plausible now.
Old 2013-10-25, 01:39   Link #95
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggieMay View Post
I don't see Cain still being the pilot of V2 at the end of this series - not to mention he doesn't seem to be immortal to begin with. Remember he was surprised by Haturo being that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggieMay View Post

Actually Marie isn't exactly a Magius - she's immortal and Cain implied second gen Maguis do not have that ability (basically he implied he was a Second gen and that this was a improvement, IIRC the dialog). The third gen Magius are calling themselves Kamitsuki and I think that distinction is going to be important as this series progresses. Keep in mind Haruto says he's going to kill all Magius. I remember thinking when he said that, that he's basically saying he's going to kill all of his co-pilot friends in the end, if he goes through with that, because they're all Magius. However, if they end up seeing themselves as separate from the Magius then he's got a out (lack of good logic or not ) .

Actually, I think all the immortals are Magius but of different generations. Also Cain really doesn't imply that second generation don't have immortality, he was simply stating is mild observation (not really surprise) that Haruto has to at least be third gen. He actually didn't seem that impressed which makes me think that he's probably immortal too. What he says could indicate that any generation after 3rd gen doesn't have immortality, since usually later generations usually have less power than the earlier ones. I think Haruto, all of the other pilots and Marie are all 3rd gen since they were all made Magius by the same person: Pino. I think Pino is 2nd gen, the child of the original Magius primogenitors which would be 1st generation.

I think they call themselves kamitsuki because of course they know nothing of what the Magius are yet. Later on, I think the name just stuck, and it could be just how they refer the Golden7 pilots in the future when they are pretty much the rulers or at least very high in the new empire. It could be like the whole "divine right to rule" thing, but instead they say they were "blessed by holy spirits".

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-25, 05:45   Link #96
magnuskn

Oh, Valvrave, you so cray-cray. It has fallen back to second place in being the "best anime to watch" at the moment (because Log Horizon brings the feelz to my MMO player heart, which are more important than the epic lulz Valvrave inspires), but it always entertains.
Old 2013-10-25, 06:46   Link #97
kiak666

I'll be honest, I TOTALLY didn't see future Satomi coming, though I'm glad that Akira (my favorite character) is implied to be alive in the future as well. If she is indeed the "Godmother" that the Future Prince is referring to, than I guess the kid is very likely descended from Shoko.

And poor Satomi, even though his relationship with Akira has improved, the latter's heart still places Shoko before him...
Old 2013-10-25, 07:14   Link #98
Rogue66

Good episode Marie reveal was good and L-Elf is still a ruffles as ever.

It looks like the Valvrave pilot are going to have some harder fight ahead with the new enemy model.

Do you thing it show Valvrave pilot have been relieving on the their machines superiority too much , now they are fighting enemy with better skill then them, as well as having the machines to match the Valvrave in terms of power.
Old 2013-10-25, 07:47   Link #99
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Actually, I think all the immortals are Magius but of different generations. Also Cain really doesn't imply that second generation don't have immortality, he was simply stating is mild observation (not really surprise) that Haruto has to at least be third gen. He actually didn't seem that impressed which makes me think that he's probably immortal too. What he says could indicate that any generation after 3rd gen doesn't have immortality, since usually later generations usually have less power than the earlier ones. I think Haruto, all of the other pilots and Marie are all 3rd gen since they were all made Magius by the same person: Pino. I think Pino is 2nd gen, the child of the original Magius primogenitors which would be 1st generation.
Thing is the implication is that Cain isn't Cain. Basically a Magius jacked Cain.

I have to say Q-vier was cute little psychopath in his younger days. LOL at L-Elf's don't use a gun as it'll reveal our position... Use a knife instead. Who knew he was this humorous?

On Marie so she was quite possibly the original pilot of VVV-1. Great pals with Pino till she lost all her memories. Hence her boob frustration. She's a perpetual 11 year old.

L-Elf you are lucky Marie is immortal or your whole revolution is totally screwed from the get go. Shooting first and never asking questions bit you once.

Poor Satomi 200 years later he still doesn't get any respect.

Akira is god mom of mini-Elf and she notices how a healthy body that exercises outside feels like.
Old 2013-10-25, 09:00   Link #100
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Thing is the implication is that Cain isn't Cain. Basically a Magius jacked Cain.

L-Elf you are lucky Marie is immortal or your whole revolution is totally screwed from the get go. Shooting first and never asking questions bit you once.
Well, even if his body has been jacked by a Magius, I think this a forever thing and probably whoever was "Cain", if there ever was another one, is gone. Also, I think this would make a change to the physical body as well making it immortal, so it really doesn't matter if he was jacked or not. Cain will still be Cain, at least as far as we know him, and he's a Magius both physically and mentally.

And as for L-11, you really think he would have shot without having plan A through D in place? The guy is smarter than nearly everyone there academically and tactically. He didn't look at all scared or worried that Haruto was angry with him. Any threat that Haruto or the others make would be empty. He knows how dependent the team is on him. Haruto can't even make up a plan on his own without L-11 making one up first for him to follow. L-11 went in this to get tools and weapons, not friends.

Also they happen to be in a hostile land that is his home turf. They need him even more than he needs them. He can survive on his own on the run without a hitch or a complaint, and can probably find other avenues to reenact his plan. The JIORians would all die or get captured out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Perhaps this is something that got lost in translation, but the CR subs have it as the boy saying "I just call godmother, godmother" but he does not appear to be talking about or even looks at Saki when he says this, and then he turns back to Saki and asks her about the "blessing". Also, Saki refers to him as "Your Highness" which seems really formal if she is in fact his godmother. Oh course this could just be the Japanese being Japanese. Of course if Saki is his godmother then that means Saki and Satomi eventually get together. xD
I don't think Saki is the godmother either. Satomi and Saki don't seem to be a couple and I just don't really see the two together. So, I think the godmother is in all likelihood, Akira.

However, I don't put much stock in CR subs. They somehow changed the fact that L-11 said he was built in Karlstein, to that he built the place itself.

I usually wait for gg, since they tend to be funnier, and also because I get back late from school on Thursdays, so they're ready by the time I get home.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2013-10-25 at 09:41.
Closed Thread