Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-11, 10:08   Link #81
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Some things are bothering me about this chapter.
One thing is: Why wasn't Sabo's face shown?

Wait..... are you telling me that comics use such a thing like..... SUSPENSE FOR DRAMATIC PURPOSES!??? Well, I never....!
Old 2013-12-11, 10:58   Link #82
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Sleeping and being knocked unconscious are two completely different things, the brain works differently in the two cases. It's reasonable to assume that the act of sleeping does not break the effects of devil fruits while being unconscious might cancel effects either on others or even on the user.
Old 2013-12-11, 12:28   Link #83
sasuke2007
Missing-Nin

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and all are equal, but...

1. Where is this "Ace being alive" talk coming from?
2. Why did you think Sabo was dead in the first place, that you're so surprised he is "alive" and part of the revolutionaries?
3. Why is Bon Clays name popping up... really?

It feels like some people lack imagination. Wasn't it was obvious Sabo was part of the revolutionaries when Dragon showed up?

It's Showtime
Old 2013-12-11, 12:47   Link #84
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke2007 View Post

2. Why did you think Sabo was dead in the first place, that you're so surprised he is "alive" and part of the revolutionaries?

It feels like some people lack imagination. Wasn't it was obvious Sabo was part of the revolutionaries when Dragon showed up?
Honestly I just didn't think a 10/11(?)year old boy in a small boat made of wood could survive a blast like that.
Old 2013-12-11, 12:53   Link #85
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I thought the common consensus was that Sabo was Doflamingo?
As if their ages alone (Sabo being 22 and Doflamingo being 41) weren't enough of an indicator to tell otherwise .

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
Burgess thinks he is going to face Luffy, but he gets ass whipping from big brother instead.
I'm thinking Burgess vs. Sabo (if it does happen) will end in a draw. Oda's not going to make a yonkou division commander look bad, and conversely he won't make the long-anticipated revolutionary Sabo look bad either.
Old 2013-12-11, 13:47   Link #86
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
3. Why is Bon Clays name popping up... really?
Some people failed to understand the concept that a person can disguise himself as another without having some kind of supernatural shapeshifting abilities. Like for example...using their clothing and fake beard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Honestly I just didn't think a 10/11(?)year old boy in a small boat made of wood could survive a blast like that.
Don't apply real world logic here or you'll have to do the same with everything else that happens in the series...we've seen pretty fatal things just "knock people out"...it's like pokemon sometimes.

Plus, Oda showed us Dragon rescuing someone soon after for a reason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
As if their ages alone (Sabo being 22 and Doflamingo being 41) weren't enough of an indicator to tell otherwise .
Marvel was being sarcastic.
Old 2013-12-11, 13:53   Link #87
chidorimen

Welp guess there's no getting off this hype train...
Old 2013-12-11, 14:03   Link #88
Burden

The big question is what'll happen with the Mera Mera?
Old 2013-12-11, 15:21   Link #89
bartoletti17
The JoKer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
That's what I was wondering, I thought it was Bon Clay, not Sabo
very probably he is Sabo ( to notice the sake's bottle and the smalls glasses in front of the ace's grave) maybe it was simply disguised, when luffy go out from the colosseum, Sabo take the luffy's disguise
Old 2013-12-11, 15:22   Link #90
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Marvel was being sarcastic.

Pretty sure that BDK was already aware of that. Still, it truly does amuse me to see how many people are in denial about Sabo, even now......

Also, with all the excitement over the rest of the chapter, I nearly forgot about the ministory! So it looks like it's finally reached the end. Caribou sacrificed himself to X Drake for the old granny and is (presumably) on his way to meet Kaidou in order to receive punishment for destroying his territory. Will his knowledge of mermaid island's ancient weapon truly save him from certain doom? Only time will tell....
Old 2013-12-11, 15:33   Link #91
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

The surprise was that Granny knew from the beginning that Caribou was not her Grandson.
Old 2013-12-11, 16:19   Link #92
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Not all opinions are equal.

It's interesting how people can think that its likelier for Ace to be alive rather than Sabo.
Old 2013-12-11, 16:22   Link #93
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Still, it truly does amuse me to see how many people are in denial about Sabo, even now.......
This.

Sabo confirmed.
Old 2013-12-11, 18:34   Link #94
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Sabo and Koala are in revolutionary army??!! oh my.... Jinbei will be overjoyed if he looked at Koala now
I'm under the assumption he already knows. I mean she a fishman karate master and Jinbei is the best karate master there. Also as someone else pointed out, the Fishman Hack was talking to someone over a den-den mushi; not had to believe that he is koala's teacher and a member of the revolutionaries. And Hack is a known friend of Jinbei. Seems hard to believe that koala would learn fishman karate WITHOUT meeting up with Jinbei at some point and time.

Quote:
Well he DID kinda get blown up. Really there was only small hints that he actually survived; ones that are easy to miss
Old 2013-12-11, 19:02   Link #95
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Y'know... considering Oda already showed us an older Sabo with 596's Cover Page...

Spoiler for Cover Page:

... I am wondering as to why Sabo's full adult face isn't really ever shown... is it possible that when Oda said he was saving the eyepatch for an important character in the series... he was refering to Sabo...?
Old 2013-12-11, 20:24   Link #96
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Probably, seems like Luffy didn't recognize Sabo right away, of course he did get older and all, but this could imply Sabo has some major injury or scar on his face.
Old 2013-12-11, 21:14   Link #97
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
... I am wondering as to why Sabo's full adult face isn't really ever shown... is it possible that when Oda said he was saving the eyepatch for an important character in the series... he was refering to Sabo...?

Well.... when Oda talked about the eyepatch character, he said something about how the character in question would a symbolic representation of what he believes a pirate is supposed to be. So unless it turns out that Sabo is like Kuma and is a pirate who's also a revolutionary, I don't think he'll turn out to be the eyepatch guy, though I doubt that will be the case even if he were one (not saying he COULDN'T be, but the chances definitely seem low, IMO).

Plus, Oda also mentioned that the eyepatch guy would be someone who appears near the end of the series, so unless Luffy's planning to make a straight beeline to Raftel after this arc, I don't think we'll be seeing Mr. Eyepatch anytime soon!
Old 2013-12-11, 22:51   Link #98
Zenex
Banned

To be honest I see alot of people all hype that sabo is back. Personally I am curious to his excuse that he did not reveal himself earlier to ace and luffy. Also why he did not show up to try and save his brother ace.

Without one serious explination I am against sabo though I shall reserve my trash talk Until I get the explination
Old 2013-12-11, 23:43   Link #99
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 731
That was a good chapter. Poor Bellamy, being abused but still standing by his master. Such loyalty and dedication. Has Bartolomeo (this also goes for Bellamy) is starting to be a good character and a respectable one. Hopfully Bellamy joins Bartolomeo’s crew at the end of the arch. I think that would be a nice addition to Barolomeo’s crew. That was kinda of a shocker that a little girl was the one making the toy. Ussop is funny I can’t wait to see Ussop vs. Buggy the clown. It will be a battle of the century. With Sabo being Lucy now, Luffy has the surprise advantage. Daflamingo is going to think Luffy is in the coliseum. This also throw the final contenders(rebecca, Jesus Burgess) off as well has Diamante. I wonder if Sabo going after the Mera Mera No Mi is a personal thing or a Revolutionary thing? I thinking personal but right now I don’t think the Revolutionary are here just for the Mera Mera No Mi.

Brothers
I am kinda surprised Luffy didn’t punch Sabo either. Maybe Dragon had him on a mission at the time(Ace’s Execution). I could see Dragon taking advantage of the MarineFord War, it is a good distraction to finish business without having to worry about Marines. Koala defending Sabo is nice, understanding, and very supportive but I am with Zenex, I would have wanted to know what was so important that he could not have made it to his brothers(Ace) execution? Second question why do you think you deserve the Meri Meri No Mi? Then again Luffy is the youngest brother, he like a little girl always crying. Next is Ace the hot head of the three quick to get into fights. Finally you have the oldest brother Sabo who is level headed and smart. I personally have always wondered how powerful Ace would have been after the two year time skip? With Sabo alive I get to see that now, he was only couple years older then Ace but he seemed equal to him. With everyone from Koala to Sabo growing up I wonder if Stelly(Sabo’s rich brother) made it to the celestial dragon?

Dragon helping Rikku underground resistence?
Did they help plan, provide intelligence, and supply the resistance? I found it weird that Sabo wanted updates on the underground situation. If Luffy told him fine, but Koala and Sabo are talking like they knew there was a factory underground and the attack that is about to happen.
Old 2013-12-12, 00:39   Link #100
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenex View Post
To be honest I see alot of people all hype that sabo is back. Personally I am curious to his excuse that he did not reveal himself earlier to ace and luffy. Also why he did not show up to try and save his brother ace.

Without one serious explination I am against sabo though I shall reserve my trash talk Until I get the explination
One theory mentioned in this thread is that: as a revolutionary he might have used his noble birth to enter elite circles to gather information. Second, he did refer to that in the chapter and as noted by others in this thread, Koala told him he couldn't have helped even if he were there. So even if it hurt, he had to hope and pray that Luffy & Whitebeard could save Ace.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion