AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator 2 - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 27 39.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 32.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 20.59%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.47%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.47%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-21, 01:48   Link #421
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Sweet.

It makes perfect sense now.

He's the embodiment of that word.

On a different note, I came to the conclusion that Shouko is Valvrave's Ogi.

I hate that guy from the beginning and even now.

You don't just bite the hand that feeds you!!!

Spoiler for Code Geass spoiler just to be safe:

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2013-12-21 at 02:04.
Old 2013-12-21, 02:00   Link #422
bigdeath

Spoiler:

Shokos an idiot but hey, she has not gone and joined the council of 101 so shes not quite the Ogi of Valvrave.
Old 2013-12-21, 02:01   Link #423
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

For all Shouko's faults, she's no Ogi.

I don't want to talk about him anymore.
Old 2013-12-21, 02:09   Link #424
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
Putting that aside, how about that meaty cut Michael gave to Amadeus?

That was disgusting, yet beautiful at the same time. lol

Or maybe that's just me.
It was karma after how he made a show out Saki. I wish she would have seen this.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2013-12-21, 02:24   Link #425
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
Bah, you dream to small. I wish Saki was the one to do the deed.
No offense, but you dream small.

Saki should take out Cain.

The circle would be complete.

Maybe "The Carmilla Drill" (trademark) just like the beginning of Episode 23.
Old 2013-12-21, 03:10   Link #426
zerriet

I only hope Akira, Shoko and Saki get a happy end. As much as Shoko is to blame for episode 9's fiasco, she definitely wasnt a total heartless character
Old 2013-12-21, 03:44   Link #427
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Sometimes, I wish Q-Vier get killed... But anyways, I'll miss "Thunder" Yamada!

Now then, it's gonna be one epic fight next week!
Old 2013-12-21, 04:28   Link #428
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

this episode is very delicious!!!

Shoko's ship is officially sunk... there's no way Haruto still remember her after the battle
Pino is also adorable now... I truly hope Haruto-Pino's interaction would be developed.. but it seems impossible because the ending is near

Yamada... honestly I hope you could get more epic death.. like self-destructing with Q-Vier
It's like the staff want Akira to deal with Q-Vier personally

poor Saki... don't say something like "will he realize how I feel toward him"
it's make your shippers become sad

L-Elf, A-Drei, and X-Eins are the maaann!!!! That's it guys!!! Sneaking and betray Cain from behind since you wouldn't win against him in frontal battle...

next episode would be more chaotic for sure!!! Arus would be forced to betray Dorsian, Magius taking care of Dorsian, while the revolutionary troops from Dorrsian would be on move as well
Shoko still sitting somewhere... crying...
Satomi is praying for his imouto
while Akira, Saki, Haruto, L-Elf would participate in world-changing battlefield
This is an ending that I desire so much...
Old 2013-12-21, 06:12   Link #429
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well somebody has to give Haruto & Co payback for what happened to the Dorssia ruler
The Dorssian ruler was the recipient of payback himself. Payback for what was done to Saki.

So no, nobody has to give Haruto & Co payback for what happened to the Dorssian ruler.

I have to say that I find it pretty disgusting that some on this thread are actually wishing death on Shouko. Her character has done nothing to warrant that sort of fan response.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-12-21 at 17:44.
Old 2013-12-21, 06:35   Link #430
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

This was so good.

And to quote someone from another forum. "I think Haruto should lose his memories of Shouko and remember that hot smexy tiemz he had with Rukino and fall in love with her."

JK I'm not that harsh. Shouko had a lot on her plate. Still losing all that memories damn.

Also, wow that ending. Gave me goosebumps. xP

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Old 2013-12-21, 07:57   Link #431
NeutralZero

with the way things are going... really doubt Haruto could survive the battle with some of his memory in tact...
just hope L11 and him do a body swap while fighting against Cain...
only then that they can go against him...
with the way Code Geass and Guilty crown ended, really doubt it but still hope he gets a rightful happy ending more than Akira, Saki and even Shouko...
He and L11 needs one.
the kid seems L11's successor so its a given he have his happy en but Haruto... with Saki talking to her pendant...
Old 2013-12-21, 11:37   Link #432
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightDragonman View Post
Poor Saki. She basically has "Free Lunch" written on her back, yet all Haruto can focus on is the chick who basically rejected him.
Did you forget that she rejected him 12 episodes ago?
Old 2013-12-21, 11:41   Link #433
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Did you forgot the reason why she did that? Did you also forgot what she said this episode when she alone with Haruto??
Old 2013-12-21, 12:07   Link #434
Haigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougon no Kemono View Post
In season 1 characters had decent personalities. In season 2..... Everyone was turned into {Insert my use here}..

I'll remember VVV as something that had good potential, but was played out right stupid.

Pretty much this, Season 2 disappoints me in almost every point. 1.5 episodes sub-plot, twists for the sake of twists, etc.

Season had a sense of uniqueness and even with "Team Rocket" esque battle that was entertaining, this season wasted a lot of potential for the sake of drama and twists.
Old 2013-12-21, 12:17   Link #435
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I don't really appreciate the narrative trying to force me to take pity on her because she shed some tears. What about the pain of those who actually do something? I don't take that kind of emotional blackmail kindly.
I just happen to find this very often in various series, that's why Nagi no Asukara's Manaka is the least liked character and to add more salt there comes big "suprise" next week .

Damn, I have no fav characters besides Saki after Thunder's death... hope they don't just kill Saki just for the sake of making her suffer even more while Shouko sill has it easy.

Oh, just noticed there is the Anti-Shoko army and Saki Army in the verge of alliance
Old 2013-12-21, 12:27   Link #436
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

This ep wasn't bad.

Things I liked:

- Yamada was really cool this time, and I like that he was given the screentime to talk to a friend before the fight.
- The other Valvrave fight scenes looked great. Saki's unit got some good animation there and I love that she had the sense to go for the option with the highest success rate, Haruto was fighting so well that it reminded me of Marie, and though Akira wasn't fighting the way they were she definitely did her part.
- I like that Akira's motivation for fighting was stated so clearly, that she's doing this because she wants a place to belong.
- Haruto's scene after Pino tells him about Shoko was nicely done. I felt bad for him when he was trying to explain things to the students before, and then still felt bad for him after he knew that Shoko was putting up a front. Most of the series I haven't cared about Haruto so much. Maybe it's because since the end of the series is coming up, the writers have removed Haruto's plot-induced stupidity. They were hobbling him pretty badly.
- L-elf getting back together with two his team was nicely done. In my opinion the best part of this episode was the scene where A-drei points out to L-elf that yes, he already knows the information that L-elf told him. That was showing rather than telling that L-elf had got used to working with people who are novices and need info spoonfed to them, unlike A-drei.
- Saki and Haruto's promise was pretty good there. Haruto's more likeable now that he's got some spring in his step, but it is rather ironic that he's the one telling Saki about putting up fronts, given her history and her personality.
- Holo-Prue! The series needed more Holo-Prue.

Things I didn't like:

- That Yamada died. Poor guy. Him being given Kyuuma's shield before turned out to be a short lived thing. In a way this progression is disappointing, because it's the two least-fleshed-out pilots who have died. That's a bit lazy. They should have got more screen time.
- I'm a little worried about the way Saki was wondering if Haruto would know how she felt if she made that promise to him; I really hope that no matter how that issue gets resolved, Saki will still have her pride at the end and not be turned into the type of character who only exists to moon over their love interest.

Things that were bizarre:

- Well, okay, I actually like that Pino is talkative with Haruto now, even if her being friendly might in part be because Haruto's her food source. I'm inclined to think that she has genuinely warmed up to him, like she did with Marie. But anyway, it still feels odd to watching those two chat like that. Since Pino is Haruto and Saki's rapist or at least someone who was gleefully getting out the popcorn at the time.

The thread has been going weird lately about Shoko to the point where if you read it before watching the ep, some of the things posted about her here don't line up with the ep at all and are totally unreliable. I went into the ep feeling concerned about "spoilers" about Shoko hating Haruto and not understanding and being unaffected by what she saw in the Valvrave unit last ep, and about Akira trying to kill Shoko, etcetera, but then none of that actually happened.
Old 2013-12-21, 12:42   Link #437
Divino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I don't want a surprise from her, that would make me hate her even more. Thinking she can just swoop in and save the day in the last episode so people will come back fawning at her sorry hide? Thanks, but no thanks. I prefer if Q-vier or Cain slice her in half in front of Haruto who will use her dying runes to power up. That would be a far more fitting end. Or Akira accidentally swat her into a wall. That would be even better.
This is a really disgusting way to react to a character who only until now made a poor decision due to being under a lot stress while having no clue what was going on because she was lied to by the person she trusts the most.
Old 2013-12-21, 12:52   Link #438
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I have to say that I find it pretty disgusting that some on this thread are actually wishing death on Shouko. Her character has done nothing to warrant that sort of fan response.
Nothing? NOTHING?

SHE SOLD HARUTO OUT. The little traitor should get a bullet in the head for that.
Old 2013-12-21, 13:06   Link #439
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
I have to agree with DevilHigh. It was obvious Saki didn't mean any of what she was saying. She likes him, but she knew he was doing this out of responsibility, not because he liked her. She basically comforted him, and told him to protect the one he does like. Haruto was supposed to be the one to comfort Saki, but failed miserably, and was the one comforted instead. Even he knew that, from his face afterwards.
Old 2013-12-21, 13:09   Link #440
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
Nothing? NOTHING?

SHE SOLD HARUTO OUT. The little traitor should get a bullet in the head for that.
If we're going to be randomly gung ho about traitors and calling for deaths here, it would probably be a good idea to remember that Haruto, the supposed military commander of Module 77, the Prime Minister's subordinate, had just been caught out on hiding vital secrets from her. This included running a murder ship - because the way Haruto phrased himself, it looked as if he was outright admitting that the ship was something he was involved in. He had also just been proven to be an undying monster and was showing indications that he might not even be the real Haruto.

To Shoko in that scene, Haruto was the traitor who had betrayed the country and couldn't be trusted. We knew that he wasn't one, but that's only because we're the audience here. Shoko only got given some of information the audience already had later on from Pino.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
I have to agree with DevilHigh. It was obvious Saki didn't mean any of what she was saying. She likes him, but she knew he was doing this out of responsibility, not because he liked her. She basically comforted him, and told him to protect the one he does like. Haruto was supposed to be the one to comfort Saki, but failed miserably, and was the one comforted instead. Even he knew that, from his face afterwards.
I also have to agree. Saki would have been happy to accept that proposal, had it been given in circumstances where she thought that Haruto really cared about her the way she wants. It's not the same as her rejecting him at all. She wants him to love her, not to pity her and only want to stay with her out of responsibility.
Closed Thread